CHAPTER 9: INTERESTS

Z APOCALYPSE

 

✖️✖️✖️

 

~•Baekhyun•~

 

 

With a huge duffel bag on my back, I rushed outside the car. Four zombies walked towards me, their mouth drooling with dirty blood as they tried approaching me. Exactly four slashes of my blade and they're down before I turned in the alleyway to the location I was told to loot.

 

 

 

 

"Hey, are you sure about this? There maybe more out there. You should at least wait for Chanyeol in this spot." Sehun asked. I could feel that he's concerned as he held the steering wheel of the heavy duty truck. But why should I wait for that jerk? I don't want to let him having a chance to save me again.

 

 

 

 

 

"You're gonna get a kiss if I survived. Just pick me up here after an hour." I smirked playfully as I wiped the blade off my weapon on the zombie's ragged clothes on the floor before turning away.

 

 

 

 

I heard him chuckle and I signaled my hand for him to start rolling down for some scavenging without facing him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's a bit sunny and hot and all I could see in the pavements are litters of newspapers scattered and flying all around. Cars crashed each others and glasses shattered into pieces. Sorts of vandalism in the walls and of course dead ones that is ambitious enough to get near me.

 

 

 

 

After how many meters of finding the shop I needed to loot and after how many struggles to fight through corpses, I looked behind me and saw a couple of walkers laid still, unmoving in the ground, heads off.

 

 

My fault.

 

 

I entered the silent shop before breaking the lock in the entrance. Sighing in relief when it seemed to be untouched.

 

 

 

I closed the doors behind me and quietly checked the surroundings. When I realized that it was clear, I finally set the duffel bag and started shoving goods in it.

 

 

 

 

From canned goods to batteries. From necessities to chocolate bars. I just put them in as I filled my tummy with honey biscuits along the way.

 

 

 

Approximately after one hour, two duffel bags are neatly placed in the front. All I have to do is carry them. And that's the problem.

 

 

 

But nonetheless I still tried. And I tried my best. And I succeed. 

 

 

 

 

I nearly collapsed but when I saw Sehun's car coming along, I sighed exasperatedly as I sat on the duffel.

 

 

 

When I felt the car stopped infront of me, I looked up and supposed to smile but my reflex are fast that I suddenly felt irritated along with my face getting bland as I saw a different car parked infront of me.

 

 

 

He gazes unto me before looking a couple of meters behind me before shooting several bullets and thud sounds of walkers fell on the cemented sideway.

 

 

 

"Get in." I heard him ordered inside the car while Sehun just parked behind his car, waiting to get us driving.

 

 

 

Without saying anything. I stood up and picked up the duffels in my  arms with such struggle as I walked near his car.

 

 

 

But when I'm on his passengers car door, I walked beside, passing it by and walking to the car where Sehun is managing.

 

 

 

"Damn, my body is dead tired." I casually chuckled as I groaned, stretching my back as I wiped the sweats that formed in my forehead.

 

 

 

"He just told you to get in his car." Sehun spoke, but my mind is tired enough to register the things he's telling.

 

 

 

"Can I borrow your shoulder?" I asked, brushing his statements. I feel dizzy from the heat outside.

 

 

 

"No." He monotonously answered.

 

 

 

"Thanks." I mumbled as I leaned beside him and rested my head in his shoulder. I wouldn't be asking him that if only he have a softer backrest on his seat. 

 

 

 

I smirked when I remembered that I told him that I'll kiss him when I get back so I reached out my lips to kiss his neck. And by the way, who wouldn't like Sehun? He's tall, handsome, had prominent jawline, sharp eyes and serious demeanor. I would be so gay with him if wasn't just with the situation that we're trying to survive a damn apocalypse.

 

 

 

He just stayed silent as he roared the car to life. His eyes looking at the front, I'm sure Chanyeol is looking and I can't wait to see his pissed off face but when I looked in front where his car is, I didn't saw him showing the face I wanted to see but just an expressionless one.

 

 

 

I'm satisfied how I disobeyed Chanyeol in that spot though.

 

 

 

His car's engine heated and he drove in a fast pace until he turned into the corner and vanished.

 

 

 

"Chanyeol wanted to say sorry." I heard Sehun mumbled while he's focused on driving, dodging a couple of walkers on the road.

 

 

 

"Okay." I breathed casually, not giving any sign that I am serious at all. Honestly I don't want to talk about it right now. So please.

 

 

 

"He means it." He added.

 

 

 

"I said okay, isn't it?" I grumbled as I shifted into more comfortable position in his side while my eyes are closed as I try to sleep.

 

 

 

"So do you forgive him?" Are you serious? 

 

 

 

 

"Of course, no." I answered briefly. I felt his eyes glanced at my side.

 

 

 

 

"You're really different Byun Baekhyun." He chuckled.

 

 

 

 

"Of course I am. Anyway, he told that to you too?" I mimicked his amusing chuckles. I find it weird when stoic faced men chuckle amusingly.

 

 

 

It was supposed to be a sassy statement but things really get serious sometimes.

 

 

 

"Honestly he did told me that you're quite different." He snickered.

 

 

 

I opened my eyes to look at his serious face. He's quite handsome really, with that cold eyes and such.

 

 

 

I sighed.

 

 

 

"Well, I'm the boy who holds a blade so," I grinned, looking at his side.

 

 

 

"You're good at it by the way." He compliments.

 

 

 

"Wait, are you hitting on me?" I asked amused. He just chuckled as he kept driving.

 

 

 

"Chanyeol rarely take interest on people. And in the past, everything he takes interest with, he gets." Sehun answers.

 

 

 

Nice answer by the way. You got the answer I'm expecting. Really.

 

 

 

Sigh.

 

 

 

My mood suddenly get downed to me as I remembered the day he confronted me.

 

 

 

I moved away from Sehun and sat erect as I faced the road.

 

 

 

"I don't want to talk about people. Specially the ones who tell that I don't deserve my life." I spat that made Sehun silent all along the way to the sanctuary.

 

 

 

"He told you that?" I heard Sehun asked when the tension got real tight. His eyes got softer as he took a glimpse in my side.

 

 

 

I mean am I nuts? Why should I engage with people who don't want me.

 

 

 

 

Right?

 

 

 

"Just drive and wake me up when we're already there." I said before leaning my head on the car windows.

 

 

 

✖️✖️✖️

 

 

Vote.Comment.Share.

 

 

 

A. Storm

 

B. Breakout

 

C. Frustrations