CHAPTER 19: WARMTH

Z APOCALYPSE

 

✖️✖️✖️

 

 

 

 

"You know that hurting him won't do any better." Suho exclaimed as he sat right next to the taller. They are now seated on the made up guard shed near the gates.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol looked up on Suho before heaving a sigh. After ended up apologizing at Baekhyun, he started getting the smaller's attention again like it's his nature to get drawn on him but there's a big problem because Baekhyun started totally ignoring him. From eye contacts up to possible interactions. It's all gone like they never existed to each other. Like they were total strangers.

 

 

 

 

 

And it frustrates him even more. It makes him hate his own self because he regretted his actions, those times when he became so harsh at Baekhyun that he never really thought that he could hurt the boy with his own words and especially with his own hands.

 

 

 

 

"I hate it when it comes to him, I'm always the one who ends up apologizing." He grumbled as he inhales old cigarette in between his fingers, drawing smokes in the chilly surrounding. His eyes trained on the snow draped on the ground.

 

 

 

 

"I know that you like him. Don't lie. If you really don't like him, from all the disrespect and the rules he'd broken, you'd probably exiled him in this camp long time ago." Suho smiled thinly as he folded his arms on his chest as cold swept through his body.

 

 

 

Chanyeol diverted his eyes on the watch tower where Baekhyun is located.

 

 

 

 

"I don't like him." He stood up and brushed the snow that fell on his pants.

 

 

 

 

"Go inside your tower now. It's already freezing cold. If anything happens, you just have to signal us with your guns. And tell the others that no one leaves their towers till the sun rises." Chanyeol instructed as he bid goodbye.

 

 

 

 

 

Suho watched Chanyeol walked straight across the snow without even covering his head from the continuous fall of it. Sighing as he knew Chanyeol is being indenial to his feelings.

 

 

He got up soon and ran to their own tower before the night bites in and the wind rips through the air.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol have his thoughts twice whether he's able to face Baekhyun under one roof or not, or he could just go on one of the other towers. Realizing that the other towers could be a bit more crowded including him, he opts to knock on the cold metallic door.

 

 

 

 

After two knocks, the door opened revealing jungkook on the other side with proper clothing such as thick jacket and piece of cloth recycled as scarf.

 

 

 

 

"Where have you been? We are finished eating, there's some leftover boiled sweet corns upstairs." Jungkook shivers as he quickly closed the metal door. Chanyeol suddenly felt better as the warmth crept on his senses. A lamp is enough to light up the small area using the gas that they collected on the bus tanks. But it isn't enough to warm the seemingly freezing place.

 

 

 

He examined the first floor of the watch tower. The square area is just a couple of feet and not so spacious and there's a wooden stairs directing upstairs.

 

 

 

"I just made sure that everyone is safe. You can go upstairs and take a rest, I'll just stay here for a while." Chanyeol spoke as he hears murmurs from upstairs, he can smell the faint fragrance of the boiled yellow corn that made his stomach grumbled.

 

 

 

 

"You should, it's so cold out here." Jungkook stated. His arms folded tightly on his chest as he walked upstairs.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol sighed as he sat on the floor in the corner where small hill of rice hay and a blanket is carefully waiting for him there. He could feel the cold burning his skin. He doesn't want to face Baekhyun just so he could earn nothing but silence from him.

 

 

 

 

 

And he was hungry.

 

 

 

A couple of hours passed and he could hear the weeping of the breeze outside and the rain that is pummeling the roofs. The storm is definitely coming by.

 

 

 

He groaned. His teeth chattering, he rubbed his palms together to create friction as he crouched on the rice hays. His long legs sticking out and his red hair brushing on his forehead. He don't have blankets nor thick clothes to atleast prevent the cold to sip in through his bones.

 

 

 

He knew that among the four towers they're in, only Baekhyun thought to put rice hays in the floor to atleast make the surrounding less colder. And he's the only one who broke the rules and scavenge all the goods on the nearest and only house a kilometer away there for blankets, thick clothes and a bunch of canned goods and utensils.

 

 

 

Hissing, he brought his legs to stand. His ego eating him. He gives up. He's soaked in melted snow awhile back and he's now hungry. Besides he's feeling numb and cold already.

 

 

 

He decided to go upstairs thinking that Baekhyun probably gotten into sleep.

 

 

 

But he was wrong. 

 

 

 

 

Because the time he reach the last staircase, he flinched when he saw Baekhyun pulled his Katana and alarmingly made an offensive position towards Chanyeol.

 

 

 

Baekhyun sighed silently when he realized its just him. He lowered his weapon and looked at how Chanyeol is pitifully shivering.

 

 

 

Wether he likes it or not, despite his anger towards Chanyeol, Baekhyun isn't a cold hearted person so he needed to ask Chanyeol if he's okay.

 

 

 

"You should rest." Baekhyun spoke in a low tone voice.

 

 

 

"I'm alright." Chanyeol answered as he slithers his wet back on the wall behind him near the stairs.

 

 

 

 

After that, Baekhyun didn't responded anymore. He didn't made a remark as he hugged his body in search of warmth. His head is getting heavy and dizzy but he ignored it.

 

 

 

He thought that Baekhyun is probably gonna ignore him anyway so he didn't bothered to expect anything more. Baek tucked Luhan and Taehyung with a thick blanket while the two is snuggled together, giving a peck on both of their foreheads. Jungkook is beside Taehyung in the far left, his arm rested behind his head and used it as a pillow. He also had thick clothes and blanket. Chen and Tao snuggled together as they also shared one thick blanket. He then realized that they are all stuck up on the small area for body heat. And they all have blankets.

 

 

 

They are also under a mosquito net with rice hays on top of it. He also realized that they had their own individual pillows made of hays and huge comforter under them, separating them from the cold cemented floor.

 

 

 

 

Guilt surged through Chanyeol realizing that these was all Baekhyun's work and effort. And the boy had nothing but a bruise on the arm and hurtful shoutings coming from him.

 

 

 

"You're soaked and wet." Baekhyun stated. A bunch of blankets and jackets on his arm.

 

 

 

Chanyeol looked up dizzily. Pride shoving down his throat.

 

 

 

"I am..." he spoke, bringing his shaking hands closer to his chest.

 

 

 

"You should change." Baekhyun said monotonously as he crouched down to feel the taller's neck.

 

 

 

Chanyeol was disoriented at first but he drew himself closer when the warmth of the hand lured his body but then Baekhyun pulled his hand away immediately. After that, he just stared at Baekhyun's features in the aid of the small lamp light.

 

 

 

Oh boy and he said he don't like this cute young man.

 

 

 

"Take off your clothes." Baekhyun spoken casually, his head bowed a little avoiding the taller's gaze.

 

 

 

It is after he felt the tension that Chanyeol gives him.

 

 

 

"I'm not interested on you or your body." He rolled his eyes as mumbled before turning around.

 

 

 

Chanyeol quickly recovered and took off his clothes, revealing his fine toned chest and chiseled abs. His firm biceps shining and his strong bare legs on sight.

 

 

 

 

He struggled to put on the warm thick cotton clothes with his shaking hands. And after he successfully gathered himself altogether with the dry clothes, he sighed in relief.

 

 

 

 

"Thanks." He mumbled, blinking down and sliding his back on the wall again.

 

 

 

 

"Here. Eat this. I know you're hungry." Baekhyun spoken again, avoiding as much gazes from Chanyeol.

 

 

 

Chanyeol looked at the three pieces of huge corns on Baekhyun's hands.

 

 

 

"Why are you suddenly nice to me?" He popped up the question that had been bugging on his mind. His eyes just follows Baekhyun's brown orbs as the latter breathed.

 

 

Instead, Baekhyun kept silent as he just peeled the corn one by one.

 

 

 

"I'm nice to everyone." Baekhyun mumbles in response.

 

 

 

"Why are you ignoring me, Baekhyun." Chanyeol insisted. Sadness laced on his deep voice.

 

 

 

"I'm not. Can you just please eat so that I can now sleep." Baekhyun stated as he get the lamp and put it near Chanyeol. After that, Baekhyun turned around and made a space on the other side of the small room, cutting their conversation.

 

 

 

Chanyeol didn't uttered a word after that as he savored the warm and juicy sweet corn. After he's done eating, he laid on the floor. He feels cold and his body is shivering.

 

 

"I made you a space here. Go sleep on the comforter, it's warmer." Baekhyun mumbles as he laid his body beside Luhan.

 

 

 

He waited Chanyeol to answer but he could only see from the shadows that the male is shivering.

 

 

 

Baekhyun sighed in frustration as he stood up abruptly. His eyes furrowed but then the time he neared Chanyeol, the taller is shivering so bad, his teeth teetering.

 

 

 

"I'm so c-cold..." Chanyeol groaned while shivering.

 

 

 

Although Baaekhyun wanted to say get his up and to stay away from Chanyeol's business as much as possible, he couldn't just look at him pitifully in his defenseless state. His stubborness made him hate Chanyeol because of the consequences but he knew it was his fault all along. He can't watch the other male in agony. His conscience won't let him.

 

 

 

"Get up Chanyeol." Baekhyun mumbles softer than before as he held the older male's arm and pulled him, assisting him not to stumble on the floor. The taller helped himself and even though his head feels dizzy and he feels cold. He managed to throw his body on the made up bed on the floor.

 

 

 

He grunted as he felt his body burn in coldness. His eyes shut tight as he fisted his palms folding his arms on his chest.

 

 

 

Baekhyun just watched. Unable to make a move as he watched pitifully as Chanyeol shivers. He feels the man and he was indeed stone cold.

 

 

 

 

Hissing, he finally made a decision. He doesn't want to watch the older male whines and shakes in agony so he took off his thick jacket, leaving only his pants and shirt.

 

 

 

 

"I'm just helping you. I'm not doing this with other purpose or any motives." He introduced. Chanyeol just opened his eyes to see Baekhyun taking off his upper garments, leaving the latter's pale white skin on sight.

 

 

 

Before he could react, Baekhyun already started sliding through hesitantly under Chanyeol's clothes, hissing when he feels Chanyeol's cold body touches his warm ones. Sharing body heat unto the other.

 

 

 

Feeling the incredibly comforting and soothing warmth creeping unto Chanyeol's body, he immediately s his arms around Baekhyun, enveloping him completely in between his chest.

 

 

 

 

"T-Thanks." Chanyeol mumbles as he snuggles his freezing body onto Baekhyun. His head nuzzled on Baekhyun's neck . He smells Baekhyun's sweet scent and nuzzled even more.

 

 

 

 

"Don't take advantage of me. If you need something more, go call Kyungsoo for it. Not me." Baekhyun hissed as he turned away his face.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry." He apologized and stopped nuzzling the latter.

 

 

 

He waited for Baekhyun to respond but the latter didn't responded anymore.

 

✖️✖️✖️

 

 

 

I feel so depressed on everything that's happening but I just couldn't leave my chanbaek family hanging from my stories.

 

 

 

They're fcking real. Believe me or not. They really are!!❤️😍 Well not until the two got dispatched of having girlfriends😂 but guess what, it'll never happen coz they're gay soooo—

 

 

 

 

#ChanBaekForever