CHAPTER 20: TRAP

Z APOCALYPSE

 

 

 

~~Chanyeol's POV~~

 

 

 

 

I got awaken by the sound of the disturbing whistling wind that is trying to pry on the metallic sims that covered the rooftop of the watch tower.

 

 

 

 

I moved a bit and realized that there is something heavy settled above me. I stared at the young man, nestled just under the huge olden shirt that I'm wearing. I noticed the big difference on his features, he had always have this expression of sophistication in his look whenever he's conscious and talking to most of the people around him with an invisible barrier but the expression he had this moment in this strangely warm morning under the freezing cold is the complete opposite.

 

 

 

I knew that Baekhyun was not as strong as others may think.  And I knew that he is only playing this kind of demeanor for the people who's looking up to him.

 

 

 

Of course I know these things. I'm gone through that same kind of path. I'm just better to play the role.

 

 

 

Living in a world where the dead are more dominant than the living and knowing that the living is in constant depletion due to the apocalypse, it is devastating.

 

 

 

 

Anytime you can die. Anywhere. Alone or not.

 

 

 

 

There are many different kinds of people. Have many different kinds of fears. But only this time, the world made us feel the same thing.

 

 

 

 

Fear, with the idea that there's no hope. That we are just wasting our breath and life in nothing but vain.

 

 

 

 

We are like mouse, chased by hundreds, thousands of cats.

 

 

 

 

I still remember when things are still okay. Having a nice job patrolling and protecting people from danger and criminals.

 

 

 

 

I'm a young sheriff back then. And I still have that spirit inside me.

 

 

 

 

Had a wonderful family. Just me, my sister and my parents. I've been a good son. Been a good brother. A good lover. A good friend. 

 

 

 

 

But I guess everything should have been fine, right before the world decided to tear everything that gives shine to my life.

 

 

 

 

I don't want to talk about my life. It became miserable anyways. The only thing that matters now is the present time.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun shuffled on my chest. He had this innocent look on his face that couldn't have been ever accused of finishing zombies. And he feels warm in my embrace. His lips are slightly parted, his fringe covering his forehead and his cheeks have a tint of pink due to the coldness.

 

 

 

Kissing him is one of the strangest thing I've ever do because I don't kiss people, not initiatively, no. The incident about me and Kyungsoo, its just the heat of the moment and I didn't have a choice because he is a bit forceful that time. Men problems.

 

 

 

 

"Hey," I avert my gaze over the corner where I heard Xiumin's low voice and motioned me to come over to him. He is focused on the window. There is that whistling sound coming from outside because of the breakage on the glass.

 

 

 

 

I slowly and carefully slid Baekhyun off me unto the warmed comforter under me and covered him with the thick coat. He just furrowed a little bit but didn't got awaken. I knew he was tired. He had done so much this past few days.

 

 

 

I moved over to Xiumin and crouched beside him. I noticed that he's a little bit bothered as he looked sharply on the prison building.

 

 

 

"What's happening?" I asked as I followed where he was looking at.

 

 

 

 

"Look at there." Xiumin pointed as he the east part of the large prison building. 

 

 

 

 

And I saw what Xiumin is talking about. Apparently, in my point of vision, I couldn't tell at first if it was just a fog that is forming on the right part of the huge prison and there when you focus on it, you'll realize that it's not a huge accumulation of fog but a smoke coming from the building. And from it, you could say that someone is already taken the place.

 

 

 

 

A gunshot was heard from the watch tower that is nearest to the main gate of the prison and I saw how zombies exited from the door like someone did let them out.

 

 

 

 

I quickly grabbed my USP45 gun. I ran towards the terrace and shot it in the foggy sky. The gun resonated noise, hoping that the other towers notice it and get alarmed.

 

 

 

Baekhyun and the others got awakened immediately.

 

 

 

"What the is happening?" Baekhyun hissed as he rubbed his eyes.

 

 

 

"We fell from a trap." I responded, gathering my weapons and wearing a thick coat.

 

 

 

"Someone set fire on the watch tower!" Taehyung shouted as he saw that a fire is created on the doorway of the tower from the east. We can't see the lower part of the towers because it's foggy and we can barely see the zombies spreading away in instant and being attracted to the fire.

 

 

 

"Everyone! Move out! We're gonna make way for the others who's there!" I announced. My breath getting ragged in rage. 

 

 

 

I ran down first, leaving them packing their stuff ready for defense.

 

 

 

 

I opened the metallic door and welcomed with the windy and foggy surrounding. All I could hear was the whistling of the strong winds not even minding the burning cold anymore.

 

 

 

 

Someone dares to attack my mates, I'll kill them.

 

 

 

 

 

"It's too risky, Chanyeol! We can't clearly see who's coming towards us!" Xiumin shouted.

 

 

 

"So what are we gonna do?! Sit here and watch them burn?!" Chanyeol shouted in frustration and anger. He can't afford loosing someone anymore. It just makes him more fear in the unknown.

 

 

 

 

"Cover me." Baekhyun rushed towards me. He's wearing his black cloak already. The one he wore the first time he entered my territory before. He was holding a a long samurai sword in the right hand and a dagger on his left as he charged straight. He's going for melee attacks.

 

 

 

I held my USP45 and PP2000 gun in my hands for range attack. Xiumin and Taehyung quickly lit torches and threw it on the snow, stabbing the thickness of it and lighting a good range in the middle.

 

 

 

They planned for this. The zombies that we took down is only a trap, making us deceived that there's no other that had taken this place and when we're down on it, they will attack us in the most unexpected way. That's how this works. , I didn't even suspected the place.

 

 

 

"Be careful, Baek!" I shouted as he slashed the zombies that turned to face him.

 

 

 

"Just shut the up and don't dare miss a bullet." Baekhyun responded accordingly without even looking back at me. 

 

 

 

 

I just focused on shooting the once that is out of range from Baekhyun as I stood a good couple of meters away, tailing  him. Luhan also helped as he used his riffle to take down the ones on our left and right.

 

 

 

And we can't even estimate the numbers of this soulless corpse. It's a prison and I expect hundreds of dead walking prisoners.

 

 

 

 

Jongin and the others are in there. They can't get out because of the fire and because of the zombies hoarding in front of the watch tower. We needed to clear the pathway.

 

 

 

 

this people, if anything bad happens right now... I'll ing burn them.

 

 

 

 

We got through the front of the watch tower. All I can't think straight was how Baekhyun learned to master his offense as he fiercely took down the zombies on the snow. Any wrong move and misfocus could lead him to get bitten, but no, he didn't show any fear at all as he was bathed with the thick filthy blood of the zombies as he sliced their head in halves.

 

 

 

 

I ran beside him when we reached the door. Baekhyun grabbed the gun in my coat and attacked the ones that is trying to get near us.

 

 

 

 

"Open the damn door. I'll buy time dealing with these tards." Baekhyun hissed and I kicked the door in one go, revealing Kai and the others inside.

 

 

 

 

"Move out! Stay on the pathway. Run!" I shouted as I mostly pushed them to move.

 

 

 

 

When everything is moving, I watch as lights begun lighting up upon the poles in the prison.

 

 

 

 

"Let's go! Move! Move!" Luhan shouts as he led the way.

 

 

 

 

"Stop it right there!" A woman's voice filled the freezing surrounding making them put to stop.

 

 

 

 

"Stop right there or I'll kill this man!" The woman shouted once more. I looked at her, she was holding Taehyung and a hand gun is pointed on his head. The teen's face was etched with fear and as he silently pleaded to let him go.

 

 

 

 

"Don't touch him, ! Dare hurt him and I'll destroy your face like an open casket!" Baekhyun shouted in frustration and all I could see in his face was mixed emotion of anger and worry. That kind of face that I haven't been seen for a long time since the attack in our sanctuary where Luhan got in danger.

 

 

 

 

"Leave him alone." I ordered as I pointed a gun on her face.

 

 

 

 

Another woman appeared again. Holding the unconscious Xiumin on the snow. His head is bleeding as he seemed hit with the of a gun. 

 

 

 

 

"Put all your weapons on the ground." She ordered.

 

 

 

"Please, just let them go!" Baekhyun shrieks in anger as he panicked.

 

 

 

 

The others try to tone down the zombies who's not seemingly depleting, and if we couldn't get to the watch tower in the right time, we'll be eaten soon.

 

 

 

 

"Put the ing guns down." Kyungsoo intercepted as he stepped forward.

 

 

 

 

"So you found a new group now, D.O., kid." The woman had his smug grin on her face. I could see it even in the whipping wind.

 

 

 

 

"W-Why.." Kyungsoo trembles upon hearing her.

 

 

 

 

 

"Put your ing gun right now, . I'm warning you. Don't make me ask again." Baekhyun's eyes flickered. I could feel his dark aura in him. 

 

 

 

 

"Put the gun down. We don't want to hurt you." I ordered again. I don't want to cause intrusion that trigger anyone that results to blood shed.

 

 

 

 

"You can't really hurt us." The one who's holding Xiumin answered with a smug grin.

 

 

 

 

"Oh boy, it's tough to kill these dead zombies. Thanks for your help though." A bulky man with deep voice spoke in the sound system of the prison with those large speakers.

 

 

 

After that, all the court lights lightened and we were blinded by it. And realized that we were surrounded by group of pwople with guns and also snipers on above the prison pointed at us.

 

 

 

"We are good people!" I heard Kai spoke. But the response we got made us realized that something far more unexpected is gonna happen.

 

 

 

"It looks like we'll all be having more meat till the winter ends. Collect them." The man on the speakers ordered. His voice is evil.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun and the others looked at me with a hint of horror in their face.

 

 

 

One of my colleagues panicked and made a move but then he was instantly shot in the head. 

 

 

 

"Kasper!" I shouted. My heart sinking as he was put down on the snow with his eyes open, crimson red spread on the white snow.

 

 

 

"Anyone moves, dies." One of the man surrounded us mocked. 

 

 

 

They just killed one of my men..

 

 

 

 

"T-They're... They e-eat human. You monsters!" I heard Baekhyun. His eyes blurred with tears as he trembled.

 

 

 

"And we could play with a pretty faced boys like you too." One of the men smirked. That's when my heart began to break.

 

 

 

"Don't you dare touch him or anyone else!" I shouted as I threw a deathly glare at the man. 

 

 

 

 

"Shhh... Shut up before I blow your head with one shot." The man mocked that made me see red. I hope I don't lose control.

 

 

 

 

"Carry the body, he'll be our first meal." The man spoke in sinister as we got tied in the back with our wrists.

 

 

 

 

"If I get out of here, I'll kill you." My eyes sharp towards them. My anger and revenge have no place in here this time.

 

 

 

But it doesn't mean that I couldn't get it.

 

 

 

"That's if you can get out alive." He darkly chuckled with that smirk that made us like a pig ready to get slaughtered and get eaten anytime.

 

~~~

 

 

 

 

A. Meat

 

B. Cuffs

 

C. Knives