CHAPTER 21: RAGE

Z APOCALYPSE

 

 

 

~~Baekhyun~~

 

All I could see are multiples of cells. Some are vacant and the others are filled with rotting zombies.

 

 

 

Their grunting and roaring made my head dizzy yet I know that my eyes are getting blurred with salty liquid as I witness my wrists, hopelessly tied with a thick rope and my fellows are infront and behind me like we are walking in a long hallway to death toll.

 

 

 

I breathed deeply to wink back the tears of fear in my eyes.

 

 

 

I don't feel fear of my death, or rather than thinking about for my sake. I am just scared that I might see my mates die infront of my eyes and I couldn't do about it.

 

 

 

"Keep moving!" One of the men who was leading us shouted and hitting Kris with the back of his weapon.

 

 

 

"Divide the meats." Bastard. How dare you call us meats.

 

 

 

I just obliged and let them shove me hard on one of the dark cells with rusty and dirty surrounding. The walls are splashed with muddy blood assuming that it was once a container for their traps.

 

 

 

 

"Please... Don't hurt us." I knew him, he was one of the greenies back then. He was Seokjin, begging.

 

 

 

 

The man just stared at him blankly before shoving him in the cell that I am in. He just trembled and cried as he was forced inside the cell with me. There's Jimin and Suga followed suit inside the cell.

 

 

 

 

I cursed as I tried my best to pull away from the rope in my wrist. Tears attacking my eyes once again because I don't have any idea where Luhan and Taehyung is located or in what cell. I'm still soaked in the foul smell of blood but that's least of my problems.

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun!" Chanyeol thrashed and stopped infront of our cell.

 

 

 

 

"Please, protect them." I gulped as I don't want to show fear with the enemies. 

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry." Chanyeol brokenly stated as he gripped on the bars.

 

 

 

 

"What's done is done. We're getting out of here." I looked at him in the eye. It only makes me feel discouraged seeing Chanyeol losing faith.

 

 

 

 

"Come on! You all still need to be cleaned up." A bald man with large body chuckled evilly before hitting Chanyeol on his ribs with the metal bat to follow on his orders.

 

 

 

 

"Hey, shhh it's okay. We'll be alright." I held the man's face to prevent him from panicking but I could clearly see his fear. Losing sanity doesn't help to make things better.

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun, I don't want to die." Jimin crumpled as he hugged me tightly.

 

 

 

 

"Shhh... We needed to stay strong. Jimin, hey listen to me. Listen to me, Jimin." I held his shoulders, and looked at him. 

 

 

 

 

"We are getting out of here." I stated. My own voice betraying me as nothing filled my ears but the beggings of my friends and the others who kept captive in the there earlier than us. The roaring of the zombies made my knees weak too because we are not only dealing with them anymore. We are also now dealing with the evil people. And we don't have our weapon.

 

 

 

 

"TAKE OFF YOUR CLOTHES! YOU NEEDED TO BE CLEANED." Few men walked on the isle of the cell as each of them is holding a water host. 

 

 

 

When a man with a large host stood infront of our cell, I didn't hesitate to take off my clothes.

 

 

 

"Take off your clothes now." I ordered shakily. They followed suit. 

 

 

 

 

I stood whole infront of him. He just smirked and eyed my whole body like a . He angled the host in my body and turn it, making a pulsating pump of water hit me.

 

 

 

 

Of course I expected the water to be ice cold. But it felt good because it nullifies the fear and distracts me a little bit.

 

 

 

 

After a minute, all the stains of blood in my body is already washed out. He threw a decent towel to us and we used it to dry ourselves.

 

 

 

 

"Here's your prison clothes." A tall man arrived with a basket. I looked at him in the eyes when he gave us the clothing. He was different. He doesn't have this face that would kill a person nor think evilly.

 

 

 

 

His eyes grew wide for a second before leaning  away.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry."  He whispered to me before bowing. His face looked scared too.

 

 

 

"What are you apologizing for? Do your simple job!" The large man kicked him in his side and he stumbled on the floor. He just stood up right away and nodded before he skipped on the other cell to send prison clothing.

 

 

 

 

"Please help us." A woman pleaded in the opposite cell infront of us. She was with another female and three males. 

 

 

 

 

"How did you get in here." I whispered as I grabbed on the cold bars.

 

 

 

 

"We where fooled. We thought they would help us. T-That's what they said... But they l-lied. They kill people and made us their f-food to sustain themselves." The woman cried in fear. She's about mid thirties.

 

 

 

 

"W-We are next.. Please... Please help us get out of here!" The man panicked. I could see that the other cell in their right is empty.

 

 

 

 

"What do you mean?!" My voice unconsciously raised because of the fear that is slowly eating me up.

 

 

 

 

"He means like this." One of the enemy who held us captive emerged from the far east of the prison holding a bow and arrow.

 

 

 

 

Everything happened in a blink of an eye. All I saw was that the woman I was talking with, seconds ago, already had an arrow planted across her head. Blood oozed from her nostrils, ears and mouth.

 

 

 

 

"No!" The other woman inside screeched in fear. The four others inside crept backwards in the farthest corner.

 

 

 

 

The huge man sighed evilly, "Please, don't make my job even harder," He smirked, "We are starving." He stated devilishly and pointed the deadly weapon on the woman's head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Please no! I'll do everything! Just don't kill me!" She begged and knelt on the floor with her palms touching each other.

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry miss. You know I can't fall for that." He responded before planting an arrow in the poor woman's forehead.

 

 

 

 

"NO!" I hopelessly roared but he just ignored me.

 

 

 

 

"Don't meddle with our business dear. You wait for your turn. Don't be excited." He comments. My knuckles turning white as I gripped the bars tightly while my anger fills up my entity.

 

 

 

 

"Now gentlemen, stay still so I can hit you in the head. I won't risk anyone of you turning into rotters when I missed." He stated.

 

 

 

 

The three men just looked at me and to the dead bodies on the floor with fear etched on their faces. They're just sobbing silently, tears invading their eyes. 

 

 

 

 

"No please! Don't! They're humans!" I shouted as tears already flowing in my eyes.

 

 

 

 

The three men just stood infront of the killer, surrendering themselves already and just prayed on their own lives. They couldn't do anything because they are held captive in the small cell like mice and they have nowhere to go.

 

 

 

 

"Good." The monster commented and hit the head of the boys one by one with an arrow. They hit the floor with their eyes open and blood oozing on their forehead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"YOU ARE MONSTERS!" I thrashed behind the bars as I glared in the man.

 

 

 

 

He just looked at me pathetically, pulling the arrow that is impaled on the dead female corpse that is just presented on the bars.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sometimes, you need to be a monster to survive." He mocked before wiping his arrow in his clothe and turning his back at me. My ragged breath just hitched as I can't forget the faces of the dead bodies infront of me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Collect the bodies. Move them in the dryers and they are good to cook tomorrow morning. Make sure their heads are cut." He demanded as seven men came to collect the bodies.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I. Will. Kill. You." I threatened, tears flowing in my face and my eyes sharp towards him but he just mocked at me and continue on going on.

 

 

 

 

"That's not the right sentence when your friends are on deck for next meal." He chuckled evilly without even looking back at me, and then that's when I realized.

 

 

 

 

"B-baekhyun-hyung..." Taehyung sobbed as he connected his face on the bars to get a glimpse of me from the opposite side of the cell.

 

 

 

 

And that's when I felt like my soul left my body.

 

 

 

 

"H-Hyung... I'm scared... A-Are they really going to kill u-us?" He asked shaking as he tried to get a glimpse of me by forcing his head out from the bars but it wouldn't fit.

 

 

 

 

"No, T-Taehyung... It's gonna be the other way around." I cried and thrashed on the bars that is keeping me captive but failed in attempt.

 

 

 

 

Taehyung with the others are kept captive.... And they are in the next batch from which I watched how they got slaughtered.

 

 

 

 

And from there, it's clear who's next on deck as the man told me.

 

 

 

 

 

"I WILL KILL YOU ALL! YOU WILL REGRET THIS! MARK MY WORDS! I WILL KILL YOU!" I just shouted as tears leaving my body but no one answered but the cries of the men who have the same faith as me and the roaring of the rotters made me feel like the most useless person in the world.

 

 

 

 

 

Mark my words, I will kill you all.

 

 

✖️✖️✖️