CHAPTER 7: TRUST

Z APOCALYPSE

✖️✖️✖️

 

~•Baekhyun•~

 

I started knowing some of the people in the sanctuary. And by means of some, I only got to know the people without the dark eyes. I realized there are some that looked like they shouldn't have to be entrusted with things. Especially the ones who's in control.

 

 

 

Although most of them seemed nice and trustworthy, it doesn't mean that I needed to trust them just like that. I just have to know them. There's no need to trust.

 

 

 

"Chanyeol wanted to see you, grand house, upstairs, second door in the left." Sehun monotonously ordered before turning around.  So Chanyeol is his name.

 

 

 

 

I kind of liked the way he speak much more than that guy named Kai. He's more composed and I like people who don't give excess s.

 

 

 

 

"Let's go." Luhan spoke, excitement laced on his voice.

 

 

 

 

We entered the grand house. All I can say was that it's pretty much an ordinary old and antique house like the ones my grandparents used to own when they're still alive. It mostly made by wooden furnitures. Expensive ones, like mahogany and Nara trees. 

 

 

 

I lead the direction of the stairs that goes up to the second floor. 

 

 

 

"Am I the only one excited?" Luhan asked, looking at me and Taehyung.

 

 

 

"Honestly I'm a little bit nervous." Taehyung fidgeted. I fling my arm around his shoulders and gave him a reassuring squeeze.

 

 

 

 

"It'll be alright." I smiled, trying to become more positive than Luhan.

 

 

 

Today we will get assigned to our designated responsibilities. Or what I have heard from them.

 

 

Responsibilities are like jobs.

 

 

 

Jobs means working with someone.

 

 

 

And I don't really want the idea of working with someone.

 

 

 

I knocked on the door twice before turning the knob. It opened and revealed a tall nice looking man.

 

 

 

Erase the tall nice looking thing. 

 

 

 

 

"Come in." Oh, he's not mute at all. His voice is so deep and commanding, well, maybe for others but not me. He seemed pretty normal-ish...

 

 

 

"We're getting assigned right?" Luhan asked suggestively. His rifle on its back.

 

 

 

"Yes." I heard him spoke briefly, diverting his gaze towards my direction. He had the sense of authority in his posture and in the way he talks.

 

 

 

I smiled at him resulting him to avert his eyes at Taehyung and Luhan.

 

 

 

I was inspecting the room. It looks spacious. There's a lot of bookshelves and books stacked neatly inside. And there's guns.

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah, different kinds of guns.

 

 

 

 

"There's what we call keepers, watchers, greeners, carpenters and scavengers." He introduced, his formal posture and fluency in his talking seemed really authoritative. Makes me begin to think that he used to be a son of a politician or he's just good to those things.

 

 

 

I just looked around as he begun orienting us with the whole classifications until his attention was put on my shoulders.

 

 

 

"Luhan. You'll be one of the watchers on the side B. East part of the sanctuary, along with Sehun. He'll be your partner there. Look, we're outnumbered here so you need to take turns at night time and daytime on the spot." He exclaimed.

 

 

 

 

"Taehyung, I need you to be one of the scavengers—"

 

 

 

 

 

"That will not happen." I snapped. I would never let Taehyung on a situation where he could get harmed. I'm sure that Luhan is good on the watching stuff, but scavenging? It's a no no.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I can't let anyone of them both in a dangerous situation. I'll take his place instead. I'll take scavenging." I stated as I moved forward.

 

 

 

 

He looked at me with that trained expressionless face.

 

 

 

 

"You don't get the choosing." He coldly stated. 

 

 

 

 

"Why shouldn't I? Like what you've said,you're out of number. And you're going to risk one of my friends? And I'm not entrusting him with you guys. We don't know you." I shot back. My temper is running low. I just... I just... please don't mess with the two.

 

 

 

Then I realized his eyes got flickered towards me like I had offended him.

 

 

 

Then things downed into me. About that girl. About how he saved me. But I didn't let myself off guard. That he lost someone while saving me.

 

 

 

 

"Get out." He ordered a little bit of aggravation laced on his tone.

 

 

 

 

"I Said. Get. Out." He growled. I was taken aback by his behavior. He was clearly preventing himself to thrash at me. His dark orbs filled with contained anger.

 

 

 

I didn't meant to hurt or offend him. I just,

 

 

 

"I'll take Taehyung's place. He'll go with the greeners." I concluded as we leave the room. When I closed the double door, I heard a glass shatter into pieces. Chattering into the floor.

 

 

 

Luhan looked at me as if he wanted to say something while Taehyung just watched with that silent eyes.

 

 

 

"Baekhyun... you should have played it more nicely. He offered us shelter and protection and... and he saved you." Luhan mumbled.

 

 

 

 

I suddenly felt bad.

 

 

 

 

"Don't trust these people, Luhan. Don't get too attached with them. It'll just hurt you in the end. They would eventually leave you." I spoke. Turning my back.

 

 

 

"Baek-hyung... he saved you over his partner... isn't it not enough to give him a little bit of trust?" Taehyung asked, looking on the ground.

 

 

 

Big things come from small things yet I don't want to risk anything just for nothing. 

 

 

 

I don't want to lose something valuable for anyone I don't trust. It'll just hurt me in the end. 

 

 

 

"If you're feeling bad about me not being nice to him, okay, I'm going to apologize. But it doesn't mean that I will trust him." I exclaimed as I exited the grand mansion first, leaving them behind.

 

 

 

It's not my fault that I don't trust easily. I just... I'm scared to trust. Specially the person I owe my life to, where I should be trusting and looking up.

 

 

 

There's that feeling that I should not trust him. 

 

 

 

 

Or else, I'll be in deep trouble.

 

 

 

 

 

Because I don't trust my heart.

 

 

 

✖️✖️✖️

 

 

Vote. Comment. Share.FOLLOW!