:6: "I'm all ears."

Be My (fake) Girlfriend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Oh my god, he asked the dreaded question.” Lisa gasped.

 

Of course Jisoo instantly told the girls about the fake date when she got home. I guess we’ll find out what happened this way then?

 

“It’s not a dreaded question,” Jisoo replied, “it’s an unwanted question.”

 

“You told him about the idols you’ve dated?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“Well, I just said yes. That was answering the question.” Jisoo shrugged.

 

“That’s petty. I like it,” Jennie smirked.

 

You heard it here folks. After Hoseok asked Jisoo if she’s ever dated an idol before, and she simply said yes. I mean, she did answer his question. When Jisoo answered, she noticed that Hoseok wasn’t very fazed by her simple response. It was nice because when she would go out on dates with other idols, they would keep pressing.

 

“Did he have any more questions after that?” Chaeyoung continued, interested.

 

“Yup.”

 

“And did he press you for more info?” Lisa added.

 

“Nope.”

 

The three friends sat there, frowning with how anticlimactic the eldest’s story was. “No?” Jennie asked, surprised. Jisoo shook her head no, and Jennie sighed, “I mean, I guess it’s nice of him not to continue with that subject.”

 

“So then I asked him if he’s ever dated a fellow idol.” Jisoo said nonchalantly, grabbing the others’ attention back instantly. By the looks of their wide eyes, they definitely wanted to hear more. “He said…”

 

“He said…?” The three waited for her to continue, but it looks like Jisoo forgot what she was going to say. She tapped her foot and stared into the air, trying to retrieve the information from earlier today.

 

“Oh! He said yes.”

 

“Do you know who it was?” The youngest asked.

 

Jisoo nodded, “It was odd because I didn’t ask further like he did, but then he just… said it. So simply and casually.”

 

“Well… who was it?”

 

Taking a deep breath, the three listeners leaned forward, awaiting Jisoo’s response.

 

“Me,” She stuck her tongue out, then darted out of the room to avoid getting thrown at her.

 

“.” Jennie mumbled.

 

“RUDE!” Lisa threw her slipper in Jisoo’s direction.

 

“Is that what he really said…?” Chaeyoung asked, genuinely confused. Yes, she knows Jisoo purposely hyped it up, but did Hoseok say Jisoo as his answer? If he did… was that him being smooth or creepy?

 

Hoseok basically did say that. He did say “Well, right now I’m fake-dating you, so if that counts, yes.” So it wasn’t creepy at all! I guess that means that Hoseok has never dated an idol before?

 

Looking at her reflection, Jisoo held the burgundy dress she got from the store she and Hoseok went to. Hoseok even paid for it, which was really nice. His reasoning was that, if they’re going to pull off that they’re dating, they should act like they’re dating. It makes sense, but also buying an expensive dress for the gathering is a fancy way of acting it out. Their outing was actually pretty fun, but it had to be cut short since Hoseok forgot BTS has allotted time in the studio. Before they parted ways from their “date”, they decided on another and most likely final time (before the gathering) to meet up.

 

This adventure was a good ice breaker, but it honestly left Jisoo wondering about Hoseok even more. As stated before, Jisoo hasn’t heard much about Hoseok. He seems to be living his life low-key to the point where absolutely nothing is known about him. Does that mean he’s really good at maintaining secrets or does he really not do anything?

 

Spoiler: He doesn’t really do anything.

 

I mean, he’s probably also good at living a secret life, but it’s mostly that he doesn’t do much because it’s safer. BTS is at peak popularity right now, and Hoseok doesn’t want to add any sort of stress or bad press for the group. Even the smallest of mistakes can easily be manipulated, and people will easily believe anything they read. Jungkook, who has just somewhat recently acquired a solid group of friends (who aren’t a part of BTS), has already had to talk to Bang Si-Hyuk a few times because news sites were going to release pictures. Sure he hasn’t gotten into any actual trouble yet, but news sites are prepared to give a bad boy and problematic image to any BTS member that goes out in public.

 

And because of that, Hoseok stays home. Yes, that’s the only reason why. Going out with Jisoo earlier was quite nerve-wracking to him; especially because that’s the first time he has been out in public with any other person. Even if it was a friend he would be nervous. A few days later after a late-night album recording, with a sigh, Hoseok plopped onto his bed, noticing that Jimin’s bed had… a lot of envelopes on it. There was also fancy paper, and Hoseok knew that it had to do with the ISAC Planning Committees. Are they already sending invitations to the big one for 2020?

 

“Oh thank god,” Jimin said as he entered the room, “you’re here! I need help!”

 

“Why, what’s wrong?” Hoseok asked, worried for the cute lad.

 

Jimin groaned, “It’s terrible! They’re changing the party from next week to two nights from now!”

 

What? Is that allowed?

 

“That’s why you have all of those envelopes?”

 

“No, that’s for the big one. But as I was organizing, Taemin called me to say that they have to do it in two nights because of SM’s schedule changes.”

 

SM Artists are the ones who usually come up with the plans because their dating rules are much more flexible (still strict in their own way, though) than most companies. Hoseok frowned, realizing that the party is going to be held before Jisoo and his next fake date. Well that’s not good! Sure they had a good time, but that was simply an icebreaker. He still doesn’t know much about Jisoo, except that she is… pretty great.

 

“So where is the party going to be?” Hoseok inquired.

 

“Here.”

 

WHAT?

 

Hoseok stared at Jimin, dumbfounded, “What do you mean here? Aren’t they massive gatherings?”

 

“Hyung, this dorm is massive. It has like… fifteen rooms and it’s in one of the most private areas of Seoul.”

 

He’s got him there. BTS barely uses this dorm anymore anyways because almost all the members have their own apartments now, including Hoseok. They really only live in the BTS dorm when they’re preparing for an album, so probably six months in a year. Only Namjoon, Taehyung, and Jimin still live here year-round.

 

“Did Namjoon say its okay?”

 

Jimin nodded, “He was the first one I asked.”

 

Hoseok huffed, taking out his phone to text Jisoo the bad news. This is going to go so poorly! They have barely gotten to know one another, and now, since they’re the “hottest new idol couple”, they’ll be bombarded with attention. And Hoseok isn’t assuming that, Taehyung told him that all his friends have questions for Hoseok.

 

Jisoo definitely won’t be too happy when she finds out that,

 

“NOOOO!” She groaned after bursting her members’ eardrums, “Man, SM .”

 

“What did they do this time?” Jennie asked, rubbing her ear.

 

Hoseok just texted her about the news and goddamn this . They’re totally screwed! Especially since Lisa told her that all her friends have questions about the “new couple”.

 

“The party is now in less than two days! I’m done for!” Jisoo replied, groaning once more.

 

“Yeeeahhh, I was just about to tell you that,” Lisa said, “SM changed up their schedules since they’re pushing up Red Velvet’s comeback and extending EXO’s promotions.”

 

Jennie pursed her lips, “They still could’ve done it when EXO was busy.”

 

“Ah, so you two are currently off then,” Chaeyoung commented with a chuckle. She then turned to the eldest member, “I’m sure you’ll be fine though, isn’t the lie that you’ve only been dating about two months?”

 

Oh, Chaeyoung’s got a point. If it’s only been “two months”, then the two shouldn’t know much about one another. Just basic stuff.

 

“Ah, she’s right! All you have to be is super lovey-dovey and touchy!” Lisa said, “You don’t care enough to learn about them until at least month five!”

 

“Uh, what?” Jennie asked, “Month five? Don’t you wanna know more about them right away?”

 

“Sure it’s exciting to learn about someone, but you wanna make sure the,” Lisa then shimmed her shoulders, “passion is there too.”

 

Chaeyoung grimaced while she stated in English, “Oh you’re nasty!”

 

Jennie rolled her eyes, “Unnie, in your fake dilemma, you’re still in the early learning phase. And, for most idols, the first month or two is bonding over being an idol and dating. So, as much as I disagree with Lisa on most romantic topics, I agree that all you need to be is lovey-dovey.”

 

Jisoo cringed a bit, “How lovey-dovey?”

 

Lisa smirked, “Just had before getting to the party lovey-dovey.”

 

Maybe Jisoo and Hoseok should have discussed that aspect more. Sure they had the ice-breaker time, but they should have also created a plan about affection. Well, maybe they were going to next time they met up, but clearly that isn’t going to happen! They should really try and meet before the party, huh.

 

“It seems that you two

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter