:15: "Okay...and?"

Be My (fake) Girlfriend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jisoo awoke with a yawn, feeling more refreshed than ever. Yeah, last night was interesting. She and the girls had a blowout, they made up, Jisoo went back to Hoseok’s with his friends, and now they slept in the same bed together… again. Even better, Jisoo realized that she definitely is catching feelings for Hoseok, so the bed move was not the best move for Jisoo to make.

 

But she doesn’t want to think of all that right now. Jisoo had a fantastic sleep, she feels refreshed, Hoseok’s arm is around her, the sun is peeking in, she— wait a second.

 

…Hoseok’s arm is around her?

 

The lady, who was mid-yawn, froze upon the realization that Hoseok’s arm was indeed around her waist. Oh , they didn’t put up the barrier! See? This is what happens when you get too risky, Jisoo!

 

Well… what happens now? Does she really pretend to go back to sleep just because she doesn’t want to wake Hoseok up? I mean, they both got their full eight hours, so it’s fine if he did wake up. But Hoseok needs his beauty rest! He’s a busy boy!

 

“I think tonight made us realize how lonely we are… I recognized that I’ve been isolated for a while. Both mentally and physically.” Jisoo sighed as her words from the night before played in her mind, surprised by her vulnerability. Of course she’s been vulnerable to Hoseok before, but not to that extent. And it was so sudden too! It was like seeing Hoseok with that dreary and concerning expression just made all of those thoughts rush out of her. And clearly he is in the same boat since he is now sleeping next to her.

 

I personally truly do not understand how the two of them saw sleeping in the same bed as an innocent thing. Sure the first time was okay, but it was still not a “just friends” thing. Well, Hoseok may have seen it like that, but it was obvious from that moment that Jisoo was getting a little hot for the dancing lad.

 

You know, maybe Jisoo can take this time to come up with a game plan. Yes, she’s into Hoseok, but she doesn’t want him to know that. It would make everything weird and the two wouldn’t get to go to the events together! Hoseok would definitely shut it down if he figured out that Jisoo had feelings for him. He would probably feel guilty because it would basically make it a reverse-Hyojung situation. You know, this time Jisoo has feelings while Hoseok is using her for the gatherings?

 

Wait, is Hoseok even doing this for the gatherings? It was just because of the teasing, right? It still wouldn’t change the outcome though.

 

So, Jisoo quickly came up with a plan. She’ll get her romantic feelings out through controlled PDA, which means that she’ll dote on him when it makes sense (contributing to the façade). Besides that… she just can’t risk it. Yes, she did ask Hoseok to sleep in the same bed as her, but that has to be it! She has to be done after this. She frowned at the fact that risky Jisoo has to be controlled, but it’s for the best. Hoseok is obviously just seeing this as “friends pretending to date” even though he was perfectly fine hopping into bed with her.

 

And is the lad regretting doing that? Let’s find out!

 

“Well that’s not good,” Hoseok thought, waking up to the sight of his arm around a sleeping Jisoo. Ah, so she did close her eyes and pretend! Good thinking, Jisoo!

 

In Hoseok’s mind, he’s thankful that Jisoo hasn’t woken up to whatever is happening here (oops).

 

Yeah, if Hoseok is being honest, he has no clue what came over him last night. Jisoo was just really hitting the nail on the head. While it is comforting to know that someone is in the same boat as him, it kinda scares him that his instinct upon hearing her words was “Alright I jump in bed now!!”… Kinda risky, Hoseok! You don’t want Jisoo getting the wrong idea, and you also don’t want to confuse yourself with how you feel about Jisoo!

 

Because he just likes her as a friend, right? A friend that shares a bed with him occasionally, I suppose. Hoseok then proceeded to jerk his arm at the realization that he was straight up staring at how his arm was around Jisoo (so basically watching Jisoo sleeping), cursing under his breath.

 

This jolt was met with a Jisoo glare, “Thank you for that.”

 

Ah , she was awake that whole time, huh. Oh god, did she know he was staring at her?... Wait, did she know that his arm was around her, then?

 

Hoseok’s thoughts were halted by his need to respond in this awkward moment, “Sorry, weird dream.”

 

“Were you trying to hit something?”

 

“A spider,” He lied, chuckling awkwardly.

 

“Liar, but okay,” Jisoo smirked. She then yawned, stretching her arms in front of her. Hoseok felt his face warm up, surprised (yet enjoying) her sassiness. He’s noticed that Jisoo has had more moments like these, which he isn’t complaining about. It’s funny being called out (in certain moments), and Hoseok knows that Jisoo has had to dial it down because of BLACKPINK’s image. He can only imagine how Jisoo is when she’s fully comfortable with someone.

 

Jisoo looked at the time, surprised that she didn’t wake up super early. Wow, look at Jisoo waking up at reasonable times!

 

“I wonder if the children are awake,” Hoseok joked, sitting up in the bed. Alright, so I guess neither of them are going to get out as soon as possible? Last time they slept in the bed together they YEETED out once they woke up. Look at this relationship development!

 

“Are they the type to barge in?”

 

“No, one good quality about them is that they respect one’s privacy.”

 

“Not like we need it,” Jisoo thought. Jisoo, it’s time to put your plan in action! Don’t be too risky. Or… risqué.

 

Hoseok grabbed his phone, making sure he didn’t miss any important updates or last minute changes to his schedule. In two nights it’s New Years Eve, and then very soon after that is the formal gathering that Jisoo is really looking forward to. BTS are actually set to fly to the US tonight since they’re going to be performing at some New Year’s event. Yeah it’s big here in Korea, but apparently thousands of people flock New York City just to see a ball drop or something. Fun! Wait, does Jisoo know that this is happening?

 

“You know that I’m leaving for America tonight, right?” Hoseok suddenly asked.

 

“Uh, no? This is new news to me.” Jisoo replied, sounding slightly sad, “Isn’t New Years Eve in two days?”

 

Hoseok nodded, “Yeah, BTS is going to New York to perform.”

 

“Damn, I didn’t know that. Congrats! I heard New Years is insane in America.”

 

Well that , because Jisoo was going to ask Hoseok to hang out with her then. Chaeyoung and Jennie are having their boyfriends over which is kind of fun. Jongin is always a vibe, but Jisoo can’t get a solid reading on Yugyeom. Her and Lisa are being detectives about it still. Lisa doesn’t have a date, so at least she has her… but usually Lisa always brings someone last minute.

 

“What are you doing for New Years?” Hoseok asked. Wow, this is a very domestic scene we have going on here. They’re just sitting up in bed talking to one another. How cute!

 

“Usually the girls and I just hang out in the dorm. Jongin will be coming over like last year, and I guess Yugyeom is coming too.”

 

“Ah, I see,” He replied, then chuckled at Jisoo’s suspicious expression, “Still figuring him out, eh?”

 

Right, Jisoo forgot she randomly ranted to Hoseok about this situation, “Yeah, it’s just all so weird. It made sense at first, now…” She shrugged, “He is very nice though. And that’s all I can ask for her happiness.”

 

“Is Lisa bringing anyone?”

 

“Not right now, but I’m sure that will change.”

 

“I mean, with the time difference, you can probably FaceTime me if you’re stuck being alone and mopey.” Hoseok responded, earning a nudge from Jisoo.

 

“Hey, I won’t be mopey!”

 

Hoseok laughed loudly, which made Jisoo laugh along too. Hoseok did feel bad that Jisoo may be left alone during BLACKPINK’s small gathering, especially after sharing her thoughts with him the night before. So he will definitely be there if she needs to call him. It’s his duty as her fake boyfriend!

 

Jisoo realized that she was definitely straying from her plan by still staying in bed, so she reluctantly decided to get out and make breakfast for all the fellows.

 

It was a great morning! Too bad Jisoo and Hoseok aren’t actually dating, then Jisoo could stay longer. Even though Hoseok’s friends asked her to stay for a little longer, Jisoo told the lads that she had to record some music (which is always a lie). They told her to not be a stranger, in which Hoseok replied that they are indeed the strange ones who rarely appear, not Jisoo.

 

Ah, how refreshed and rejuvenated Jisoo feels! The sun is shining, Jisoo has a skip in her step, she gets to dress all formally for an exclusive idol gathering relatively soon… nothing can ruin this day!

 

 

Well, something can kinda put a dent in it, right?

 

“What did I just walk into?” Jisoo asked, apprehensive.

 

Once Jisoo walked into the BLACKPINK dorm, she noticed some flowers scattered on the ground, and an empty box of tissues on the kitchen island… well, multiple empty boxes of tissues.

 

Lisa sighed, holding a new box, “We may have hit a revelation. It’s just the storm before the calm… it isn’t that big of an epiphany.”

 

“What happened?” Jisoo glanced around, noticing that Chaeyoung’s door was shut and two members were missing.

 

“Chaeyoung received a journal on our dorm-step late last night.”

 

“Okay…and?” Like Jisoo is, I’m quite confused.

 

“When Chaeyoung sent a little cute message about it, Yugyeom wasn’t picking up on the obvious hints. So I think the past few happenings started to dawn on her.”

 

Oh , so this is actually something to worry about? Wait, that sounded rude. I mean, uh… Jisoo, help me out!!

 

“Our bare minimum detective w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter