:1: "The usual."

Be My (fake) Girlfriend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Ah,” Hoseok sighed happily, opening the microwave door, “My love greets me once more.” Hoseok hugged the bag of popcorn, giving it a peck before realizing that the bag is still quite hot, resulting in a loud yelp of pain.

 

Tonight Hoseok has the whole apartment to himself, which happens more frequently than you’d expect.

 

At first Hoseok would have his movie nights, which is what he’s preparing for at this moment, with all of the members. Then it was everyone but Namjoon once he started dating Lee Jooyeon, daughter of the Chairman of Samsung. Yes, Namjoon scored a powerful woman. They started dating late 2017, and ever since he stopped going to movie nights, it has never been the same.

 

Soon after Namjoon, Seokjin found a lady. Seokjin and Jihyun, former leader of 4minute, met February 2018 when Seokjin was invited by BTOB to a Cube party. After Seokjin was Yoongi, who is dating a dancer from YG Entertainment. They met long before they started dating, but they made it official mid-2018.

 

And then there was Hoseok and the younglings. Sure movie night is fun with any of the members, but there’s always the fact that Hoseok is the only hyung who isn’t dating. Each time Hoseok suggested a movie night with Taehyung, Jimin, and Jungkook, the first question he got, which was always from Taehyung was,

 

“You’re still single?”

 

Sorry that Hoseok wants an actual relationship instead of hooking up with fellow idols for no reason, Taehyung. Sure, after that rude question the three youngest would watch movies with Hoseok, but once Taehyung started “exclusively hooking up” with an unnamed idol, things took a turn.

 

Jimin started hanging out with other idols, both male and female, as their wingman anytime he was free, making him unavailable for movie nights. Jimin is really good at connecting two idols. He’s the idol love guru. Not surprised. He’s iconic.

 

Jungkook, on the other hand, did not want to do a movie night with just Hoseok because he did not want the responsibility of being the only available member for movie nights. So, he would “coincidentally” have plans with the ’97 liners whenever Hoseok wanted to watch a movie with him at the dorm.

 

And so, we are back to the lonely Hoseok watching movies he has seen hundreds of times before. Like… literally hundreds of times. Doesn’t he have anything better to do?

 

Oh right, he has no love life.

 

Hoseok has sometimes considered rain-checking his own movie night to go and meet possible love interests, but he believes that the right woman will appear when the universe wants him to find love. Well, that’s at least what he tells himself to make him feel better.

 

He has tried to invite his hometown friends to a movie night (which can only happen once every few months), but after being teased about being single every single time for the past two years, he’s decided to not invite them anymore. They’ll be in the city in a few days anyways, so he can hang out with them outside of his movie night location.

 

Tonight Hoseok will be watching Thor Ragnarok. Very fun. It’ll get his mind off of the fact that all of s are having lives while he isn’t. Very healthy(?).

 

During the movie, his hometown friends would text him asking what the plan is for when they come to Seoul… obviously Hoseok doesn’t care what they do. He knows how it will go. They’ll have an outing, get tired, eat somewhere, the friends ask why he doesn’t have a girlfriend yet, he’ll get annoyed, they’ll , they’ll leave the restaurant still teasing him, they go back to the dorm, accidentally walk in on one of the members ing with a female, leave, be teased that Hoseok hasn’t ed in a while, Hoseok will walk away and leave for many hours making the friends worried, they’ll find him, , and finally leave the next day.

 

It happens every single time.

 

It took a whole day to mentally prepare for a reunion with his hometown friends. It drains him every single time. Soon he’s going to break and flip out on them. Who cares that he doesn’t have a girlfriend yet? He doesn’t! Who cares that he hasn’t had in two years?

 

Hoseok frowned. He cares. Shaking his head, Hoseok tried to get rid of the sad reality that is his dry spell. Whatever, a relationship is much more important to Hoseok than just finding a random girl to hook-up with… right?

 

Yes, yes! That’s why Hoseok is in this situation, remember? He’s tried casually hooking up, but, with limited time and limited places to go, idol hook-ups are very difficult to continue unless you actually have feelings for one another.

 

It’s sad because it seems like every single idol, both rookie and veteran, know about Hoseok being a lone soul. During the “short videos where each BTS member has a gf” phase (you know the one), his partner, Ryujin, a trainee at the time, even tried to hook him up! She was like… 16! And her trainee friend who was only 17 thought he was desperate enough to hook-up with her!

 

Hoseok sigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter