:19: "Says who?"

Be My (fake) Girlfriend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Psst.”

 

Oh… Good morning, everyone!

 

“Psssst!”

 

Hello? Who’s there?

 

Jisoo frowned, poking Hoseok’s nose this time, “PSSST!”

 

“AH!” Hoseok woke up with a jolt, making Jisoo then scream in response. Putting a hand on his heart, Hoseok tried to steady his heartbeat. What a way to wake up… that was terrifying! Hoseok was heaving a dream where he couldn’t get up and a snake was right in front of his face… maybe that’s from Jisoo trying to wake him up by basically hissing at him.

 

Yeah, despite the rude awakening, Hoseok slept SO well. And so did Jisoo! The two didn’t talk much before they went into bed that night. They both got in, faced opposite ways, and passed out very soon after that. Hoseok woke up twice in the middle of the night, and each time he’d find his face close up to Jisoo’s. There was a time where he would turn away from that, but he’s in a place where he doesn’t mind it. It’s almost comforting in a way.

 

“Sorry,” Jisoo smiled, feeling bad, “But I know you had to go to the Bighit building somewhat soon, so I wanted to make sure that you were awake.”

 

So are we just going to ignore that they’re just lying in bed facing one another? I just thought I’d let you know that’s happening.

 

“, I forgot about that,” Hoseok frowned, “What if I just didn’t show up?”

 

Jisoo giggled, “I mean, you’d have to answer that yourself. What would happen?”

 

Hoseok grinned from Jisoo’s laugh, rubbing his tired eyes, “My manager would break into my apartment and pull my out of bed.”

 

“We can always test that theory out.”

 

“It’s not a theory; it’s already happened twice.”

 

“What a rebel!” Jisoo gasped, “I didn’t know you were the type to cause such a ruckus!”

 

Hoseok shrugged, “Sometimes I gotta prioritize.”

 

The two lay there in a comfortable silence, Jisoo’s calming ringtone going off. Hoseok found himself lost in Jisoo’s eyes, unable to look away so he could acknowledge that her phone was ringing. It could be because his mind was still tired, but Hoseok felt like he had to lean in just a little more so he could look deeper into her dark chocolate eyes.

 

Uhhh is Hoseok leaning in for what Jisoo is hoping he leans in for? What is happening right now? Jisoo was just about to sit up to grab her ringing phone, but, once Hoseok made eye contact, she was a goner.

 

The faint smell of Hoseok’s cologne filled the air, the quiet background noise from the streets far below adding to the soothing atmosphere. And Hoseok’s calm expression was definitely helping Jisoo feel comfortable. If only they could wake up like this every day!

 

Wait, is Hoseok leaning in, or is it Jisoo? Is Jisoo forcing this right now? She can’t tell! Her arm shivered when Hoseok placed a gentle hand on her shoulder, making this morning slightly hotter than she was expecting.

 

So it is Hoseok!

 

Jisoo didn’t want this to stop. Her eyes slowly closed, her heart racing as Hoseok’s hand ran down her arm. She could feel the heat of his body getting warmer and warmer, the anticipation of her dreams coming true sending her into,

 

And her phone went off again. But this time it was the ringtone of her manager.

 

“,” She muttered, feeling Hoseok’s body pause. Her eyes opened, seeing Hoseok sliding his body away. His expression was unreadable, as usual. But, based on his unsteady breaths, mans was definitely about to do something he wasn’t expecting himself to do.

 

Hoseok grabbed the phone from over her, handing it to her gently, “Here you go.”

 

“Thanks,” Jisoo frowned, absolutely hating her manager for now and forever. She answered it, “Yeah?”

 

Hoseok watched Jisoo’s conversation, Jisoo clearly not wanting to talk to the manager right now. His mind was currently going haywire because of what almost just happened. How the hell did that almost happen? The lad rolled onto his back, the words from last night echoing in his mind:

 

“I think the young one means that you two are probably going to actually get together soon, so that secret will be invalid.”

 

Ugh, that’s going to be forever engrained in his head. Curse you, Jongin! Did that one statement send his mind into confusion overdrive? He was going so well until that conversation!

 

Jisoo groaned loudly once she hung up the phone. Hoseok, snapping out of his internal crisis, focused on Jisoo, “I’m guessing they made plans for you that you didn’t want?”

 

She nodded, “YG is really trying to get me to act. I just don’t know if I’m ready yet.”

 

“You’ve told me a bunch of times already that you were almost an actress, though.”

 

“Emphasis on almost. There’s a reason why I’m not,” Jisoo sat up in bed, “As much as it’s fun to act, I just love music more. While this seems like a good opportunity, I don’t want it to take away from the possibility of a comeback.”

 

“I think you should at least go and test the waters. If you like the directors, staff, the vibe of the scene they have you do… I’d say go for it.” Hoseok shrugged.

 

Jisoo sighed, thinking about her possible acting career (which means delayed comeback) and her perhaps almost kiss.

 

“By the way,” Jisoo smirked, confidence tingling inside her chest. She turned to face Hoseok in bed, “You were totally going to kiss me right there.”

 

She laughed at how Hoseok’s face almost instantly turned a bright shade of red, “What? Says who?”

 

“Says me! And so early in the morning? You gotta give a girl a warning!” Oh, now this is amusing. The way that Hoseok is squirming in cringe makes it seem like Hoseok didn’t realize that he really was probably about to do it.

 

Hoseok covered his face with his hands, “Yahhh, you’re embarrassing me!”

 

Jisoo furrowed her brows, now genuinely confused. A lot of what she was just saying was a confident joke, but now she has no clue.

 

“Oh wait, so you were?”

 

He paused, peeking through his fingers, “Huh?”

 

“I was kidding.”

 

Silence.

 

“So was I,” Hoseok replied, his voice faltering.

 

Jisoo snickered, starting to get out of bed, “And I thought your lying game was good!”

 

 

Lisa squealed, “WOW! He was totally going to ‘good morning’ kiss you!”

 

I guess Jisoo already told the girls, huh?

 

“This is a surprising step,” Jennie said, “And I thought he was still pushing that stuff back. Jongin told me about some talk the three guys had last night. How Hoseok is probably into you.”

 

Jisoo rolled her eyes. Now they’re just getting her hopes up. She was kind of viewing it as a cute little “in the moment” thing. Would it be great if it was a genuine attempt? Yes. Was it? Nah.

 

The girls were currently in the studio in hopes of recording some songs. Teddy mentioned a song called “Ready for Love” that he’s excited about, meanwhile the girls are also waiting for Lady Gaga to send over her sample of some song she wants the girls to feature on.

 

As the girls went in to record and came out, they continued to talk about Jisoo and Hoseok’s spicy morning.

 

“The fact that you two are so comfortably sharing the bed also says something.” Jennie added, “It took me six months before Jongin and I even slept in the same room.”

 

“Well you two still got nasty, you just kicked him out to the couch after,” Lisa joked, earning a nudge from Jennie.

 

Jisoo shrugged, “I don’t know, it’s always been an odd relationship for obvious reasons. I think it may just be a part of that.”

 

“But you’re hoping that it’s more.” Chaeyoung replied.

 

“Yeah,” Jisoo sighed, “I really do hope that.”

 

“If this morning meant anything,” Lisa began to say as she prepared to record, “It meant that Hoseok is starting to let his guards down and let the inevitable happen!”

 

“Is it inevitable, though?” Jisoo genuinely asked.

 

“Yeah,” The three girls, Teddy included, answered.

 

“I’ve been hearing about you two for too long, and this is the first day I’m hearing about it from you specifically,” Teddy chimed in, “You girls really have odd love lives. Even weirder than Dara’s, and that’s saying something.”

 

“Mine’s not weird,” Chaeyoung mumbled.

 

“Yours is barren… but not for long!” Lisa teased, “Chaeyoung gonna get some!”

 

The girls laughed, making Chaeyoung’s face flush a bright red. “You guys are so mean!”

 

“Wait, does this mean you’re going to the BTS gathering?” Jisoo suddenly asked, “Hoseok told me that it’s soon!”

 

Chaeyoung frowned, “Jungkook mentioned it, but I’m unsure. We literally haven’t decided anything!”

 

“But the fact that he’s mentioning it is,” Lisa wiggled, “spicy!!”

 

“That’s going to be a crazy gathering. I’ve been told about how those dinners are. Namjoon’s girlfriend usually gets the food from the best restaurant in the city, which constantly changes. She always gets it for free.” Jennie said.

 

“Ohhh yeah, it’s amazing. Taehyung brought me once because he wanted a friend while everyone else was either sulking in loneliness or hooking up.” Lisa added, “Even though it’s just BTS and their girlfriends, it’s still more prestigious than you’d expect.”

 

“Isn’t it just a hang out?” Jisoo asked.

 

“A hang out with quality food… And formal clothing.”

 

Jisoo groaned, “Formal clothing? I love a nice formal event but we just had one…”

 

“It changes. Depends on who’s in charge.”

 

“In charge?” Chaeyoung was now curious (especially if she ends up going).

 

Lisa nodded, “They play rock, paper, scissors to decide who has to coordinate stuff. While Namjoon’s girlfriend gets the catering, the BTS member has to decorate, come up with activities, and decide the dress code. The time I went Taehyung made it a swimwear night so we could all drunkenly swim in the building’s pool. He also told me Seokjin and Namjoon always make it formal.”

 

“What do the others usually do?” Jisoo already was planning to text Hoseok for more information, but it’s still nice to hear the perspective from someone on the outside.

 

“No clue. You’d have to ask your future real boyfriend,” Lisa smirked, “Maybe he’ll be in charge and you can have him do what you want! It seems like he’s starting to get under your spell anyways!”

 

Jisoo rolled her eyes, “Look, I’m not going to push it in case he’s just getting caught up in the moment.”

 

“One only gets caught up in the moment if they want to be,” Teddy entered the conversation once more, “I’ve worked with PDogg before, and he’s talked about the BTS members. They’re genuinely nice guys so you shouldn’t waste the opportunity.”

 

“The all-knowing Teddy has spoken,” Jennie stated, ending the conversation.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter