:18: "I concur."

Be My (fake) Girlfriend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You know everyone saw you two dancing like lovebirds on the balcony, right?” Jennie asked her friend.

 

The night finally seemed to be dying down, and the idols were grabbing their things, grabbing their dates, and hopefully grabbing some free booze before exiting. Hoseok was in the bathroom, and Jennie took the opportunity to talk about whatever that is with Jisoo.

 

“I thought we were pretty well hidden…” Jisoo responded, slightly embarrassed.

 

“Nope, you two were illuminated beautifully. It was like a scene from a romance movie.” Jennie responded, taking some lip balm out of her purse, “Now all the guys feel like they have to step it up to impress the gals. Very impressive, unnie.”

 

“I feel like I have to put a spotlight or something on us just to one that up,” Jongin joked, suddenly a part of this conversation.

 

Jisoo chuckled, “I really wasn’t trying to outshine anyone. Hoseok just seemed off, so I wanted to get him out of there.”

 

“Well we both know why,” Jennie didn’t need to say anything else about the matter, especially because Hoseok finally came back.

 

“All set here?” He asked, placing a hand on Jisoo’s back.

 

She nodded with a grin, “I slipped some candies inside my purse for you.”

 

“Sweet!” Hoseok exclaimed, “And I thought this night couldn’t get any better.”

 

The two couples walked out of the venue, well… that was until Jisoo forgot her phone.

 

“Want me to come with you?” Hoseok asked, but was met with a shake of the head.

 

“No, I’m all set. Just wait here please!” And with that, Jisoo ran (the best she could in heels) back inside.

 

She let out a loud sigh, all the emotions from this evening releasing from her overwhelmed body. It was the good kind of overwhelmed, but still… wow. This evening has been insane in the best way possible. The two have done all of the couple things besides kissing (and then some), and Jisoo did not expect Hoseok to be that alright with it! Yes, he was clearly sad at that one point, but the two were able to get out of it… and get very close.

 

Seeing Hoseok just let loose for the night was so refreshing. Jisoo always noticed how Hoseok would try to, stop for a moment, then take a step back, but when he stopped tonight… he just kept going. It was amazing! Each time Hoseok’s hand grazed hers, it felt like a sweet little zap of electricity running up her arm and to her heart. And when she rested her head against his chest, his heart beat at such a calm rhythm.

 

Jisoo couldn’t help but fan herself with her purse, looking for her fallen phone. This happens way too much. Maybe she should finally turn on “Find my Phone”?

 

“Oh, Jisoo-ssi,” A familiar voice greeted her timidly.

 

And, for the first time that night, Jisoo’s smile faded.

 

Holding Jisoo’s phone was Choi Hyojung with a mildly weary expression, “Is this yours? It was left at one of the center tables,”

 

Jisoo nodded without saying a word, not knowing what to even say to her. Oh wait, I know! “T-Thank you,” Jisoo replied awkwardly. She took a step back, but was met with a suddenly conversational Hyojung.

 

“Was this your first time coming to the ballroom ones? Your gown is beautiful by the way.” The cute singer asked, Jisoo somehow not feeling too awkward anymore.

 

“Uh, yeah, it was. I’ve only been to the one other gathering besides this one…”

 

“Oh, wow! I thought you came to one of them before… sometimes I get you and Irene mixed up because of your beauty. It must’ve been Irene who went to the Christmas one, then.” Hyojung thought outloud.

 

, she’s really likeable. Jisoo cringed on the inside, feeling bad that Hyojung is a nice person. Well, she knew that because she’s met Oh my Girl before, but now knowing how Hyojung used him and she’s still likeable… that takes skill.

 

Hyojung, realizing she never even handed Jisoo her phone back, placed it in the visual’s palm. The two were quiet for a moment, Jisoo now only saying “Thank you,” again. God, she wants to ask her so many questions, but she has to take the moral high ground and just not ask her anything. That was in the past, and Hoseok is still having trouble getting through it. It’s best not to dwell on it.

 

“I-I am sorry, just so you know. I hope you don’t think I’m a horrible person.” Hyojung stated uncomfortably, “Going into it would be unnecessary, but, as Hoseok’s real girlfriend, I just thought you should know that… I know what I did was terrible.”

 

Jisoo looked at her, having trouble processing Hyojung’s sudden confession. Well, she didn’t expect much else than that. What else is Hyojung supposed to say? At least she’s acknowledging it. “You did a number on him.” Jisoo responded.

 

Hyojung bit her lip, looking down, “I assumed so. But, uh, yeah. Just thought I’d take the opportunity to say that.”

 

Jisoo glanced from Hyojung to the exit, then let a question slip out, “Did you ever apologize to him?”

 

She could see how Hyojung had to think back on it, her frown indicating that she probably didn’t. “I… don’t think so. Wow, that’s really bad.”

 

“Yeah…” Jisoo responded, now wanting to finish the conversation. “Well, I should probably get back to him. I don’t think it’d be too great if he comes in thinking that I’m still looking for my phone and,”

 

“And you’re talking to me? I get it.” Hyojung replied, and Jisoo began to leave. “But, uh, Jisoo,” She suddenly said. The visual paused, her sigh thankfully not loud enough for Hyojung to hear. Jisoo turned, and Hyojung stated, “I am really happy for you two. I can see the love between the two of you… I’m glad he found someone that was able to give it to him.”

 

Jisoo didn’t say anything; she simply nodded, and she was off. Upon her return, she found Hoseok waiting in the cold, moving in place to get some warmth. He quickly put his jacket over Jisoo, and the two walked to the parking area.

 

“Was it lodged under a chair or something?” Hoseok asked jokingly, “That took a bit.”

 

Jisoo chuckled, and casually said, “No, I ran into Hyojung.”

 

It took Jisoo a few steps to realize that 1. She just nonchalantly said that she talked to Hoseok’s ex and 2. Hoseok stopped walking once she said it.

 

“What?” He asked, thinking that he misheard Jisoo.

 

Well, there’s no avoiding it. I guess Jisoo is just used to being honest with him, so it slipped out! It’s better that she said it now than later, though.

 

She walked back up to Hoseok, who was clearly taken aback, “Yeah… she’s the one who found my phone.”

 

Silence filled the cold air, Jisoo letting Hoseok take his time. Damn, Hoseok’s had some bad moments tonight.

 

“That’s it?” He finally responded (very quietly).

 

“Uh, no. I didn’t ask anything… I just wanted to leave but,”

 

“But what? What did she say?”

 

Yup, he’s still not completely over it. Understandable, but oof.

 

And so, Jisoo told him. Hoseok looked concerned (and somewhat pained) at the beginning, but as Jisoo continued to explain, his expression went blank. Jisoo couldn’t really read how he was feeling after that.

 

The two continued to walk, Jisoo putting her arms into Hoseok’s jacket to keep herself warm. They were approaching the parking lot, and she was still surprised by how many idol couples were out and about. Before Jisoo went inside to get her phone, she heard Jongin mention how the whole street is blocked off to ensure to paparazzi came in. So it’s nice that they get to have a little stroll together.

 

Hoseok opened the car door for Jisoo without a word, Jisoo yet again waiting for Hoseok to speak when he wants to. It’s a very effective (and just respectful) move, so she hoped that Hoseok would talk about what he’s thinking.

 

As they pulled out of the parking lot, Jisoo started to second guess her decision to mention Hyojung. Was it even necessary to mention? Was it something that should’ve been kept quiet?

 

“I had a really fun time tonight,” Hoseok suddenly said, Jisoo noticing the grin upon his lips.

 

Jisoo smiled back, “Me too.”

 

“I really appreciate what you did for me, too.”

 

“I’m just trying to be the best fake girlfriend that I can be,” Jisoo replied lightheartedly.

 

The two chatted a bit more until they reached the BLACKPINK dorm. Jisoo kind of forgot about the mentioning Hyojung thing, and it was nice to just casually talk about life instead.

 

She sighed once they approached the dorm, “I hope Lisa isn’t back to her old ways and has a guy over… because Jennie definitely has Jongin over. And that’s two occupied rooms.”

 

“I mean,” Hoseok chuckled, “I’m sure Lisa is going to keep her word on dialing it back.”

 

Looking at the time, Jisoo noticed how it wasn’t too late. You know what would be perfect right now?

 

 

“We have chocolate, vanilla, raspberry,” Jisoo started to list off the ice cream flavors as the fake couple entered the dorm. Yup, Jisoo offered for Hoseok to stay just for a little longer for ice cream!

 

“Oh wow, a full house tonight.” Jongin said, being the first to notice the couple.

 

Jisoo stopped listing the flavors once she saw exactly what was going on. Hoseok stopped listening to Jisoo’s list once he spotted,

 

“Jungkook?”

 

We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter