:10: "I'm down."

Be My (fake) Girlfriend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jisoo was in the bathroom changing into her pajamas, suddenly nervous about changing this fried chicken party into a pajama party. She doesn’t know what came over her! First her mind was like “get a wet napkin” and suddenly it was like “put on those pajamas, girl!”. How odd!

 

Ah, who cares? If it makes the bonding time even better, it’s best to get comfortable and wear cute pajamas. They weren’t scandalous or anything, so what is she worrying about? They were a simple, matching, dark blue set, and just looking at them made Jisoo want to put them on and snuggle up on the couch. Snuggle ALONE.

 

And so, Jisoo got in her pajamas. Meanwhile Hoseok was in his room, considering what pajamas to wear. Should he just do a t-shirt and sweats? No, he’s basically wearing that now! What do Jisoo’s pajamas look like? Are they simple? Luxurious? Who knows? Hoseok doesn’t! Why is this freaking him out so much? Is it the fact that Jisoo was getting close with him and touching his hand during his share time? That seems to be the answer.

 

He can’t make a silly mistake and be too cozy with Jisoo tonight. He didn’t even think he’d have to worry about that after their awkwardness post-kiss, but now Jisoo made the bold suggestion of getting into their pajamas! Why did she even bring those?

 

With a sigh, Hoseok picked out a navy blue pajama set. Simple is best, right?

 

…Well, not if it makes it seem like it’s a couple outfit.

 

Jisoo laughed loudly, “Look at us!” She pointed at his pajamas, “We’re really getting in sync, I suppose.”

 

Hoseok felt his face warm up from embarrassment, “I can change if you want.”

 

Raising a confused brow at her fake-boyfriend, Jisoo replied, “It’s not a big deal, no one’s here anyways.” Why is he acting like that?

 

The two plopped onto the couch, Jisoo crossing her legs as she faced Hoseok, “Everything alright?” Yeah, she feels pretty good after their card game, but the small panic attack back in the bathroom and Hoseok’s sudden shyness is confusing her.

 

“Yeah, I just didn’t expect us to match.” Hoseok lied, and Jisoo instantly called him out.

 

“I don’t think that’s why.”

 

Hoseok turned to her, taking in a deep breath as he observed her. She had a slightly concerned expression, her hair down and her make-up still on. She looked great despite her being in nightwear. He hopes Jisoo doesn’t think he knew she had the same pajamas! But, honestly speaking, Hoseok is nervous about his friends coming soon. He didn’t expect the plan to go this far, and he really didn’t expect that Jisoo would want to keep going with it.

 

“My childhood friends called me recently.” Hoseok stated, Jisoo listening intently, “And they’re coming next weekend… and they want to meet you.”

 

Jisoo was silent for a moment, “Oh” being the only word that she could respond with.

 

“It’s fine if you don’t want to meet them. I didn’t expect them to actually drive up here just to meet you. I should’ve made an excuse.”

 

“Are they weird?” Jisoo asked, trying to lighten the mood.

 

Hoseok smiled slightly, “Very.”

 

She shrugged, “I’m down.”

 

Wow, Jisoo’s been quite easy-going lately. When Hoseok told her that they should wing it, he didn’t think she’d really go with the flow for everything! Hoseok should learn from Jisoo and loosen up. In his defense, though, last time Hoseok loosened up… they kissed for quite a while.

 

As Hoseok started to set up the next board game, Jisoo said, “Tell me about your friends though. So I can get prepared.”

 

Jisoo smiled when she saw Hoseok’s grin grow, liking how he became more comfortable when he’s talking about people he cares about, “They’ve been my friends since we were kids. We were a part of a close friend group with a few more people, and, unsurprisingly, it started to change once I debuted… and especially when BTS became more popular.”

 

“Let me guess: the others asked to hang out more and, when you guys did, they just wanted to meet idols and learn juicy secrets?” Jisoo asked, relating to his situation.

 

He nodded, “Unfortunately yes. But Sangchul and Donghyun are the only ones who want to visit me because they miss me. This is the first time they asked to meet someone, really. And that’s for reasons other than you being an idol of course.”

 

“So they know all your secrets then? Like embarrassing ones?” Jisoo smirked.

 

Hoseok paused setting the game up, and looked up at Jisoo’s evil grin. “Pfft… nope! So don’t ask.”

 

She laughed loudly, “Oh I’m so going to.”

 

He whimpered, “Pleeeeassseeee no!”

 

“Too late! I have thought of it and my curiosity will only be relinquished once I find out every embarrassing thing you have ever done!”

 

Hoseok groaned, “Oh god.”

 

Jisoo’s laugh died down to a small chuckle, “I mean, I’m sure at one point you’ll hang out with the girls with me, and the debt will be paid through their stories of me.”

 

“Looking forward to it,” Hoseok replied, putting the final touches on the game, “Shall we play?”

 

“We agreed to play this?”

 

Oh wait, Hoseok just mindlessly set up this game. Maybe he just needed something to do in the background as he freaked out about his friends wanting to meet Jisoo. But that’s resolved so no need to do this game! What a waste of talent… Hoseok really set up this unnamed game so well!

 

As Hoseok put everything away, the two sat in comfortable silence. Jisoo watched him put all the pieces away, glad that she made the brave decision to turn this meeting into a pajama party. Yeah, she was pretty embarrassed that they’re basically wearing the same pajamas, but who cares? She totally forgot about it until now.

 

It’s clear that the two are much more comfortable with one another, and they’re both glad that the kiss didn’t affect anything between them. Sure they each clearly liked it, but that didn’t cause any long-lasting awkwardness between them. Honestly, as they hang out with one another more, they’re both reassured that their plan was a good one. Look at them! Such cute friends now. Friends who kiss for the sake of a façade. Woohoo!

 

Jisoo was actually kind of looking forward to meeting Hoseok’s friends. It’s nice when an idol still has friends from when they weren’t even a trainee yet. Jisoo still has some of those friends, but, like Hoseok, that number dwindled once she said she was training under YG Entertainment. Now thinking about it, Hoseok seems to have experienced a lot of the “I’m using this for self-gain” people, huh. How sad! And all of this information came out in a span of two hours. Should she share some stuff to him? Hoseok has definitely been the one sharing more (which was sometimes Jisoo’s fault for starting it), and Jisoo has given barely anything in return. What a girlfriend she is!

 

“Hey, Hoseok,” Jisoo said as Hoseok closed the game’s box. He turned to her, and she continued, “I feel like I haven’t shared as much as you have throughout this whole thing… I feel bad.”

 

He shrugged, “No big deal. I wouldn’t want you to share anything cause you feel like you have to.”

 

“But you did that when I accidentally spilled that I knew about your ex.”

 

“Nah, I shared more because I trust you enough now. We’ve definitely gotten at least a little closer since this agreement started,” He shrugged once more, “and I’m in a place where I’m comfortable to share that stuff with you. And you can just share if you ever feel that way with me… and its fine if you never reach it.”

 

Jisoo frowned, feeling even tier. He knows just what to say! How humble. How gracious. How kind! “I definitely feel the same way.”

 

“Great!” Hoseok stacked the box on top of the other games he prepared. He stood up to get some snacks for them, not realizing that she meant that she was about to share something with him. Oh, it’s because he feels guilty for knowing about Jisoo’s last fling? Ah, that makes sense.

 

“I was going to share something, you know.” She giggled, watching Hoseok grab some snacks.

 

“I know, I know,” He said, sitting down with the selected foods. “But I want to say something first.”

 

“What is it?”

 

Hoseok pursed his lips, thinking back to his conversation with Nayeon. This will definitely not make Jisoo a happy camper. It was obvious that Nayeon said it because she assumed that Hoseok knew, but still! Oopsie!

 

“So the morning after the party, I had a little conversation with Nayeon.” Hoseok began cautiously.

 

“Nayeon was there? Why? Ohhh… nevermind.”

 

“Anyways, she said some things to me because she obviously assumed that I would know them being your ‘boyfriend’ and all.” Hoseok stated.

 

Jisoo squinted, trying to figure out what he’s going to share, “What secret did she tell you?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter