:5: "She's rad."

Be My (fake) Girlfriend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Jisoo, I know that this is a fake date, but you have to look at least mildly decent!” Lisa said.

 

“Well I also need to make sure that I’m not going to get caught.” Jisoo responded, mildly offended by Lisa’s comment.

 

Jisoo and Hoseok are going on their fake date today, and they’re going to hit up a few stores before the grand gathering. Based on what Lisa is telling her, it’s going to be huge! She’s trying her best to hide her excitement, but it’s clear that Jisoo is pumped for the event.

 

She’s even luckier because, based on the rumors, this one is going to be one of the few “extravagant” ones, which only happen a few times a year. How lucky is she? Very lucky.

 

The issue Jisoo has to get through today is not getting caught. Lisa keeps telling her not to worry because “who the hell shops at Dior and Burberry on a week day”, but Jisoo still wants to be cautious. It would ruin her week if she showed up on Dispatch’s front page. Well, maybe it’d ruin more than her week.

 

Since it is chilly today, she can wear a thick jacket and scarf that would easily hide her identity. Everyone, especially women, love the chunky winter look. She’ll slap a winter hat on top of it and whoa-la! She’s in disguise!

 

“You should at least wear something cute under the jacket.” Lisa told her.

 

“I’ll wear jeans and a nice sweater, and that’s it. It’s a fake date!”

 

“Yes, but you have to act like you’re together if you’re going to pull off the main event, silly!”

 

Damn, Lisa was right. Especially if this may be one of the few big events, they have to make it believable. This means actually getting ready for the date. I guess that means Jisoo can’t take a nap today.

 

“Yes, but that has nothing to do with my outfit,” Jisoo told her.

 

“Well duh. But still, turn some heads under that jacket, pretty lady!” Lisa nudged her pal with a wink, “Maybe even go totally,”

 

“Goodbye, Lisa.” Jisoo interrupted her, exiting the room with a blush.

 

 

“Ooh, look at Hoseok!” Taehyung teased as the rapper walked into the room.

 

It seems that Hoseok was taking it seriously from the start.

 

“I haven’t seen you that dressed for a non-event in a long time.” Yoongi commented.

 

“Well, let it settle in now,” Hoseok did a spin, “Because it’s going to be covered by a puffy jacket."

 

Hoseok was wearing a nice black on white striped sweater with a black bomber jacket, and clearly spent a little more time than needed on his hair. There isn’t much to do with it, but at least he styled it.

 

“Ah, the ‘winter camouflage’ look,” Taehyung sighed, “a classic.”

 

“Well we’re going in public in the middle of the day so we have to be careful.” Hoseok said.

 

You know, it seems like Hoseok has gotten pretty comfortable with the lie! Maybe he’s gained more confidence since Jisoo got in on the scheme.

 

If Hoseok’s being honest… he’s kind of excited for this date. He hasn’t been on one in a long- time and, even though this is purely fake, spending time with a cute gal will be very fun!

 

“How’s it looking for the event, Jimin?” Taehyung asked the lad while eating a donut.

 

“Pretty good so far, but last night’s scare is keeping everyone on edge.”

 

“Scare?” Namjoon responded.

 

Jimin nodded with a frown, “Yeah, Heechul hyung told me that his manager heard some talks about the press getting ready for an event next week… which is most likely the ISAC Planning Committee.”

 

“But the name is such a good disguise!” Jin said.

 

“I know, but someone accidentally put a codename to rent the venue rather than calling it the usual Planning Committee.”

 

“I mean, using ‘ISAC Planning Committee’ over and over does get suspicious,” Yoongi replied.

 

Well this isn’t good news. Jimin went on to say that this has happened before, and it’s not a big deal. They can easily have one of the coordinator’s managers go to venue and tell the paparazzi that they were tipped off incorrectly.

 

Hoseok tried to forget about the small issue, preparing questions in his head that will come in handy for getting to know Jisoo better. He’s worried that, at these gatherings, everyone will see right through the lie. He’s also concerned that he’ll look like a fool in front of Jisoo, but also keeping the lie is high up on the list.

 

“It wasn’t one of the big ones anyways, right?” Namjoon asked, “I only attend the important ones cause,”

 

“Because ‘ooh, my girlfriend will own Samsung soon’. We get it.” Taehyung grumbled.

 

“Don’t hate on Jooyeon or I will smack the cute mole right off of your face,” Namjoon replied threateningly.

 

“Oh no I’d never. She’s rad. But we get it. She’s a busy lady.”

 

O-kay then?

 

“Anyways,” Jimin started to say, ending the weird, passive-aggressive interaction, “It’s not. They’re planning a big one for 2020.”

 

“Really now?” Jungkook sat up in his seat, “How so?”

 

“Oh look, you got the child’s attention,” Taehyung chuckled.

 

“Well, since these gatherings date back all the way to 2010, it marks a decade that idols have kept this locked up! So we’re gonna celebrate… really celebrate.” Jimin smirked.

 

Jin narrowed his eyes, trying to read Jimin, “Where?”

 

Jimin frowned, “What do you mean where?”

 

“Oh my god, they’re gonna make us travel.” Yoongi groaned.

 

“Well, it’s not set in stone yet!” Jimin retorted, the room going silent after. “…But maybe.”

 

“How are they even going to manage that?” Hoseok asked, interested yet frightened.

 

Jimin shrugged, “Apparently they’ve done it before back in 2015.”

 

“Well that’s when the dating pool was a lot smaller,” Taehyung added, “Now it’s… insane.”

 

They’re going to make idols travel for this gathering? Hoseok listened to Jimin’s attempts at explaining the stupid idea and… it seems like a somewhat solid plan. But with the oopsie with the event that was supposed to happen, could it really work out? Sure this one will be easy to cover up and commence in a different location, but travelling and keeping it a secret? With a ton of idols? Nah.

 

Hoseok looked at his watch, and sighed loudly. It is time.

 

 “Wow, you sound excited.” Yoongi commented.

 

“N-No, I am,” Hoseok stuttered out, “But I’m just nervous… that we’ll get caught, of course!”

 

“You’ll be fine,” Namjoon patted his pal on the shoulder, “Enjoy your time with Jisoo.”

 

And so, the lad was off to make a fool out of himself.

 

 

Jisoo sat on a bench in the most isolated section of the park. The closest person was a blurry ant in the distance, the vocalist relieved to have some alone time. It won’t be for long, but it’s something!

 

Is it odd to say that she’s looking forward to this? It’s probably because of the shopping, but Jisoo also likes to make new friends. Sure Hoseok is her fake boyfriend for the time being, but, in reality, he can be her new pal.

 

She would nervously brush fuzz off her blouse to the point where she was just fidgeting with her shirt, her feet tapping to the beat of her impatience. Jisoo thought about what style dress she should wear. Should it be fancy? Or more cutesy? Is this one of the big events? If it is, she definitely has to go extravagant. She should probably ask Hoseok if this is going to be a main event, he should know since Jimin is the main messenger.

 

“Jisoo?” Hoseok’s voice asked from behind. His voice was slightly shaky, and she guessed that he was just as confusedly nervous as she was. She stood and turned, to see Hoseok in a long, puffy winter jacket… and it was the same exact one as hers.

 

To ease up the nerves, Jisoo sarcastically commented, “Looks like we’re already all set for couple’s outfits.”

 

Hoseok let out a chuckle, “It seems so. You’re probably wearing the same dress as me too!”

 

Well the awkwardness is clearly decreasing! Good job guys, I’m proud of your somewhat socially-awkward selves!

 

“Do you need anything to help out with a disguise? I got some scarves and masks in my car.” Hoseok asked.

 

“No I’m alright,” Jisoo replied, now wrapping a scarf around her neck, “I observed what everyone else was wearing before you came, and it looks like as long as we wear a fluffy scarf and sunglasses we’ll blend right in. Especially because neither of our hair is dyed.”

 

Hoseok adjusted his winter beanie, “Yeah, my hair was starting to get a litt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter