:17: "You got it!"

Be My (fake) Girlfriend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You ready?” Hoseok asked Jisoo, the pair standing in front of the entrance.

 

The fact that the ISAC Planning Committee was able to rent out a whole ballroom (well, just a lavishly decorated large room) without any troubles amazed Jisoo, but what really made Jisoo gasp was how she could already see a little area designated to take “red carpet pictures” of the idol couples. They really thought of everything idol couples would want!

 

“I’m so ready.” Jisoo grinned. And with that, Hoseok gently took Jisoo’s hand, their fingers intertwining naturally, and the fake couple walked in with confidence.

 

Yeah Hoseok is ready for the PDA tonight. He’s gonna let loose! Sure he’ll definitely regret it tomorrow (especially if his feelings get even more skewed), but hey, it’s his first fancy gathering since the Hyojung incident, so it’s time to have fun with Jisoo!

 

“Wow,” Jisoo gasped, surprised with how well the place was done up. There was a beautiful chandelier, round tables for idols to eat nice meals at, a huge dance floor, and large red curtains that you’d see in a real ballroom.

 

“Is it what you’ve been imagining?” Hoseok asked, smiling at Jisoo’s amazement. Her eyes twinkled as she scanned the room from where they were standing, the lights hitting her dress beautifully.

 

“Hell yeah it is.”

 

Hoseok chuckled, “I’m glad! So what would you like to do first?” Jisoo spotted the bar, noticing that none of her friends were there. They’re a little late due to Chaeyoung’s predicament, but Jisoo doesn’t see her friends anywhere! “Your members are probably on the balcony. Well, I know Jennie and Jongin probably are. They always like to remain lowkey.”

 

“I thought they only rented out this one room?”

 

“Well, we’re on the eleventh floor specifically because it comes with a high enough balcony to avoid pictures.”

 

Again I say that they really thought of everything!

 

“I want to take our red carpet pictures first.” Jisoo pointed to the area, “It’s a special night that we have to capture!”

 

Hoseok didn’t disagree, letting Jisoo pull him to the picture area. Jisoo’s excitement is really cheering him up! After his mental crisis about her meeting his friends (and the bed thing), Hoseok can already tell that this is going to be a refreshing night.

 

“Ah, look who it is! The hottest couple in idol town!” Jackson clapped, then patted Hoseok on the back, “Long time no see, pal!”

 

Usually Jisoo would be slightly nervous seeing a GOT7 member, but nuzzling up to Hoseok is definitely preventing her from self-stressing (if that’s even a word). Hoseok gave a little pat back, “It’s good to see you. How’s the comeback going?”

 

Jackson sighed, “Honestly, not too good. Jaebum keeps trying to work on his songs for us, but Jinyoung is just tearing them down left and right! We’re really getting sick of it, dude.”

 

Jisoo frowned, “At least you guys get to make your own music.”

 

“To an extent,” Jackson shrugged, “But JYP is just trying to completely change what JB is trying to create.” He was silent for a few moments, then brushed off the gloomy mood, “Enough about that! It’s time for me to take your pictures, lovebirds!”

 

As Jisoo and Hoseok got into position, the female asked, “Did you come here with anyone?”

 

“Oh yeah, Sunmi came with me because we were both free. We ain’t dating though.” Jackson replied, getting the camera in position, “I think she’s going for Mino.”

 

Jisoo will never get over how casually these random pairings of idols are said. She could never imagine some of the idols knowing each other enough to be on a date! They hide it so well backstage at music and awards shows. It must be because there’s always that one staff member that wants that Dispatch payout by spilling the beans.

 

As Jackson finalized the camera’s position, Jisoo and Hoseok stood together, Hoseok’s hand around Jisoo’s waist. It was a pretty typical couple’s pose, but Jisoo loved being so close to her (fake) boyfriend. She could smell the cologne that would fill his bedroom, and, as she placed a hand on his chest, she could feel his heart thumping under her palm.

 

“Ah, a classic! Say… boombayah!” Jackson said, then took the picture as Jisoo and Hoseok were just starting to crack up.

 

“WOW that was cringey,” Jisoo laughed, “But great!”

 

“That’s what I’m here for, folks! Now let’s get lovey dovey, people! Show we your ~ooh la la~ side,” Jackson smirked, getting the camera settings all ready.

 

Jisoo hesitated, the confidence she had while teasing Hoseok earlier starting to fade. She scanned the room, noticing how some couples were watching them with bright smiles, some pointing. Nerves spiking, Jisoo realized what was happening.

 

She’s back in the fishbowl.

 

Jisoo was just about to say something when she felt Hoseok grab her hand, bringing her close. The two were in a ballroom-style position, Jisoo slightly leaning back as Hoseok brought his face towards hers. Jisoo’s nerves were at an all-time high as she glanced at the idols who were still staring, Jackson clapping at their wonderful pose.

 

“Just wing it, right?” Hoseok said smoothly, Jisoo’s eyes locking with his.

 

Once their eyes met, Jisoo’s heartbeat slowed back to its normal pace, the shaky feeling from the watchers starting to dissipate. She observed every detail of Hoseok’s smiley face, from his cute dimples to his focused, crescent eyes.

 

Yeah, we already know that Jisoo is very into Hoseok. But Jisoo didn’t want to even think about why Hoseok is taking charge of the PDA when he has let Jisoo take the leads this whole time.

 

Jisoo didn’t even notice that the picture was taken until Jackson cheered, “Now THAT’S what I’m talkin’ about, baby! Spicy and wholesome all at the same time!”

 

By the time Jisoo was back into focus, she realized that Hoseok wasn’t holding her anymore and was, instead, typing something on Jackson’s iPad. “So when will these be texted to me?” Hoseok asked.

 

“Probably by tomorrow… if I’m not totally hungover. Taeyeon said that if I get these sent out quickly she’ll hook me up with a Red Velvet member.” Jackson grinned, taking the iPad back.

 

“Well good luck with that,” Hoseok chuckled, then went back to Jisoo, “You ready to check everything else out?”

 

She nodded, and the two began to walk. Jisoo doesn’t know who initiated it, but she found that their hands were clasped together yet again as the two approached a large frame with numbers. “This must be the seating chart?” Hoseok thought outloud, looking for their names.

 

“Who even makes the seating chart?” Jisoo asked, more focused on their hands.

 

“I know at least Jimin helps, but the ones who actually plan it, so Heechul, Taeyeon… uhhh Taecyeon, Hyuna…”

 

“That’s already a lot of people! Is it like a board of idols?”

 

Hoseok shrugged, “Sort of. It’s mostly 2nd Generation idols, but they’ve obviously needed more help on what’s what with newer groups.”

 

“I always forget how much you know.” Jisoo commented, patting Hoseok’s head, “You’re a good resource.”

 

Wait, how are they seating idols who are there to hook up?

 

“I don’t see Lisa on here,” Jisoo observed, “Where is her name? And Taehyung’s? And,”

 

“It’s free seating for people without real dates.” Hoseok replied, again being the helpful resource that he is.

 

“Wow, they really really thought of everything here.”

 

Hoseok chuckled, “Indeed they did. Do you want to sit at our table to bask in everything, or,”

 

“I wanna go on the balcony.”

 

“And to the balcony we shall go to!” He said dramatically, the two trotting away to the decorated balcony.

 

As Hoseok predicted, Jennie and Jongin (amongst others) were looking out from the end of the balcony. But it was almost like Jennie sensed her friend, because she turned around right when the fake couple entered the area. “You’re fashionably late.” She joked, pressed up against Jongin.

 

Jisoo flipped her hair, “I always like to make a memorable entrance.”

 

“Well, welcome to the cool kids zone.” Jennie smirked.

 

“Is this where you spend most of your time?”

 

“Kind of. Besides dinner and dancing though.”

 

“The air isn’t as stifled and out here.” Jongin joked.

 

Hoseok glanced over the balcony, seeing no paparazzi, “I’m surprised that they were able to keep this one so hush after the leak.”

 

“The ISAC Planning Committee always is ahead of the game… after there’s a slight loss in the game.”

 

“It’s really nice out here,” Jisoo looked around, holding Hoseok’s arm, “I see why you’d spend most of your time out here.”

 

Jennie noticed how comfortable the two were. Well, yeah, we all know Jisoo is crushing on Hoseok, but, based on what Jisoo has shared about Hoseok, Jen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter