:11: "I get it."

Be My (fake) Girlfriend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jisoo woke up with a slight jolt, and was met with the view of a foreign bedroom.

 

Whoa, am I really already taking it there? What a way to start the chapter!

 

With a sigh, Jisoo remembered that she passed out on Hoseok’s couch. But this room is not the same as the one she fell asleep in. She could’ve sleepwalked, but only Lisa really does that.

 

To her right was a beautiful view of the rest of the luxury buildings in Seoul, the Han River peeking out towards the left. The bedroom was quite the modern type, with cream walls, dark grey curtains, and other grayscale furniture. The bed itself had deep green covers, making Jisoo wonder if Hoseok decided to rebel against the interior designer just a little bit.

 

Looking at the time, Jisoo was relieved to see that it’s still quite early. She probably has an hour or so before the early riser, Chaeyoung, wakes up. She felt content with how nice her bonding night was with Hoseok, but weary about what will happen next. The two discussed some personal topics, and, even though Hoseok seems clear that his loneliness was kick-starting false feelings, Jisoo is still quite unsure. Which is stinky.

 

It must be because of Hoseok’s reason, right? Like Hoseok, Jisoo hasn’t dated or felt romantically interested in someone for quite some time now. And she admits that she misses feelings like those. So if it’s clear that the feelings are mistaken… why can’t she stop thinking about it? Even Hoseok said the kiss was pleasantly surprising, but he still denied it.

 

Jisoo shook her head, annoyed that she’s already thinking about this stuff right when she wakes up. Well, it’s hard not to when you wake up to the faint smell of Hoseok’s cologne. The visual looked at her phone, to see a surprising amount of text messages.

 

Why did she only get three messages? She expected the girls to be texting her nonstop.

 

Lalisa: [Jennie’s spending the night at Jongin’s and Chaeyoung went out with Yugyeom. I’m alone but if you’re staying at Sir Hope’s abode I don’t blame you!]

 

Lalisa: [Just lemme know if you bang though. I know you won’t but… it would be a nice surprise! Love you! Miss you! Dalgom is eating your pillow.]

 

That was a lot to take in. It seems that each BLACKPINK member is finding their niche. Despite Lisa’s outgoing nature and her somewhat newfound desire to hook up with male idols, Jisoo’s glad that Lisa still enjoys having her alone time. Oh wait, there’s one more message!

 

Lalisa: [Yo it’s midnight and Rosie received flowers with another note… she’s out with Yugyeom though!!! The plot thickens!]

 

Ooh, even more to take in! Now Jisoo is interested (even though she should have been at the mention of her dog eating her pillow). Jisoo needs to remember to bring that up later.

 

Deciding that it was time to get her act together, Jisoo slipped out of bed quietly, not knowing where Hoseok was sleeping. He has quite the comfortable bed. She needs to ask him where he got his mattress.

 

Again she wondered how Hoseok doesn’t feel lonely in such a massive apartment… just walking out of the bedroom gave her an isolated feeling. It’s like she was being reminded of how alone she was.

 

Stopping her footsteps, Jisoo held back her laugh when she spotted Hoseok asleep on the couch. The covers were completely over him, and only his feet were popping out at the bottom of the blanket. He looks comfortable, though!

 

Hoseok must have somehow gotten her into his bed (in a friendly way). Was she that tired? She’s usually a somewhat light sleeper. Maybe his spacious home was cozy enough to keep her in a sweet slumber.

 

She rummaged through Hoseok’s kitchen, deciding to cook up some breakfast as a thank you. If he doesn’t wake up by the time it’s done, she’ll have to throw something at him to wake him up. She’s on a tight schedule!

 

As Jisoo cooked up some breakfast, Jisoo tried to think about how last night ended. She doesn’t remember seeing the end of the movie. Watching Hoseok gasp and react to the film was either more entertaining, or Jisoo passed out before the end. Or both!

 

Since there will be a meet-and-greet with Hoseok’s friends next weekend, Jisoo really does need to figure out what’s going on with her. But we’ve already had some internal conflict today, so let’s ignore that for a little bit, alright?

 

Hoseok peeked his head out from under his blanket when he smelled some savory cooking, smiling once he saw Jisoo making some breakfast wraps. He doesn’t typically use his kitchen, so it’s nice that someone is getting some use out of it!

 

Yeah, Jisoo passed out halfway into the movie. She seemed interested in it at first, but eventually Hoseok realized that Jisoo was resting all her weight on him when she secretly fell asleep. It was cute, but Hoseok was hoping she’d be his new movie night friend.

 

Unlike Jisoo, Hoseok was currently not thinking about their talk last night. Well, he’s thinking about how well it went and how they’re on the same page. And it’s because he figured out that his feelings were indeed due to his long-term single status. What, give the lonely man a break! It’s not like it’ll throw one person off; they feel the same way!

 

The lad is also, somehow, looking forward to the meet-up with his friends. Usually Sangchul and Donghyun text him the week leading up to their friend time about what they could do for fun, but, thankfully, that’s not the case. It’s usually something like suggesting how they should go to the club to meet girls, go to a bar to meet girls, set up a dating profile to meet girls (even though that’s the worst idea ever), and bringing Hoseok back to his hometown briefly to reconnect with girls he used to know. Since he announced that he and Jisoo are dating, Sangchul and Donghyun really would just text in the group chat about other things. So, while BTS does tease Hoseok, his childhood pals stopped. Which Hoseok can live with.

 

Hoseok yawned loudly, smiling when he heard Jisoo chuckle from his overdramatic nature. “You really didn’t have to make anything,” Hoseok said, getting up from the couch.

 

“Nope, I must!” Jisoo responded, placing the breakfast sandwiches down, “It’s nothing special, but it’s a thank you for… however you got me into bed.”

 

He snickered, “You’re really going all out with a breakfast because I carried you?”

 

“Of course! And how you were able to do it without waking me up; I’m kind of a light sleeper.”

 

“Not last night,” Hoseok replied, “You were really out.”

 

“And that’s why I am thanking you,” She pushed the plate across the counter, sliding it to Hoseok, “I never sleep that well.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Indeed. It’s kind of weird. Maybe the luxury of your abode tired me out.”

 

“Or my insane presence did,” Hoseok joked.

 

It is kind of odd how well Jisoo slept last night. She’s changed her mattress three times in the past two years, and she still can’t sleep that soundly. Was it Hoseok’s mattress? Or something else?

 

“I do feel bad that you were stuck sleeping on the couch, though… in your own home, too!” Jisoo told him.

 

He shrugged, “It’s alright. I’ve fallen asleep on my sofa many times.”

 

The two began to eat, both of them sharing their upcoming plans. They chatted about the next ISAC party, in which neither had a lot of information. It’s still pretty under-wraps, but Hoseok was told by Jimin that they’re still planning for it to be abroad.

 

“Where do you think they’d plan to go?” Jisoo asked, curious.

 

“Probably somewhere warm. But that limits it to far away places.”

 

“Not necessarily,” Jisoo responded, “I’m sure they’re considering the Philippines, then.”

 

“That’s far away!”

 

“Not as far as people think!” Jisoo told him, which was mostly pointed at me (because I am terrible with geography). “Do you think they could figure that out, though? Our flights always get leaked.”

 

“Well, Jimin told me that, apparently, in 2013, a bunch of groups from various companies were able to do a Singapore trip.”

 

“Then why are you worried about a place like the Philippines?”

 

“Because,” Hoseok began to explain, taking a bite of his breakfast, “Times have changed. People have found Jungkook’s home two times even though he’s in a very locked down neighborhood. People somehow figured out that I was going to America suddenly when I tried to secretly film my solo, and the list goes on. Social Media is insane now.”

 

“True, I don’t know why I didn’t think of that.”

 

“But Jimin wants to pull a trick where we have staff dress up as idols so the fans follow them. And we all dress up like staff.”

 

“That would be crazy if it works.”

 

I wonder if they’ll get a chance to try that…

 

“Would you go if they’d pull something like that off?” Hoseok asked.

 

“Oh totally,” Jisoo replied, “That would be an amazing break. Especially because every vacation BLACKPINK had came with some photoshoot. So our real vacations are when we have nothing to do… but we’re stuck in Seoul.”

 

“BTS can relate to that.”

 

Since the New Year was quickly approaching, Jisoo wondered when the big event would occur. Usually from late January to early February, there’s another lull due to SMA and GDA, so artists are basically standing by waiting for something to happen. While BTS is close to finishing their album, they don’t plan on releasing that until late February.

 

“We’ll see how it goes,” Jisoo shrugged, signaling that this conversation topic is at its ending point. She looked at the time, letting out a sigh, “I should get going. The girls will be waking up soon.”

 

“Did your members stay in last night?”

 

“No, Jennie spent the night at Jongin’s, so I’m not worried about her. But Chaeyoung went out with Yugyeom, and knowing her, she’ll be up early because she’ll be all giddy. Lisa got the whole dorm to herself last night.”

 

“How do your managers not catch you all? You have strict rules, right?” Hoseok asked.

 

“They were much worse in the beginning. Lisa’s manager has changed also, and even though we expected that he would be a hardass, he’s actually pretty chill. Meanwhile Chaeyoung’s manager thinks she’s a pure angel and Jennie’s manager is a longtime employee of YG, so they want her to live her best life.”

 

“And yours?”

 

“I’m just good at being sneaky,” Jisoo smirked, then took a final bite of her breakfast. Before she went to grab her stuff, she told Hoseok “Text me the details about your friends coming so I can mentally prepare.”

 

Oh, Hoseok already forgot about that. She’s really going to join, huh? He’s quite appreciative, but he really doesn’t want to put Jisoo out like that. His friends are going to be relentless. “I’ll let you know,” He replied.

 

Jisoo fetched her gym bag full of clothes, then got ready to leave, “Again, thanks for tossing me onto the bed. And letting me stay over, of course.”

 

“Anytime.” He said smoothly. It was unintentional, but mans did sound pretty suave right there.

 

Okay, it’s time for Jisoo to go. That got her heart racing a little bit. “I haven’t slept that well in forever,” Jisoo was saying as Hoseok lead her to the door, “You need to let me know what brand mattress you use.”

 

“I ordered it from the US last year. I was bored one day in between shows and my friend told me that the US puts big money into mattresses for some reason. So I decided to peruse t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter