:12: "Wait, what?"

Be My (fake) Girlfriend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You know, Hoseok. You should have Jisoo come over next time we have one of our big dinners,” Namjoon mentioned, “Since we always invite our girlfriends.”

 

“Ah, right. Sounds good,” Hoseok replied, glancing at Jimin.

 

“That would be fun! Jisoo seemed to get along with the girls.” Jimin added.

 

Ever since Hoseok found out that Jimin knows, Hoseok has been on high alert. Like Jimin said, he’s the only would Lisa would tell, but you never know! Maybe Chaeyoung or Jennie said something? Maybe they’re friends with a BTS member and Hoseok doesn’t know about it?

 

“Especially since Sangchul and Donghyun get to have a sit-down with her before we do,” Taehyung said with a frown, “Why haven’t you had her come over here yet!”

 

Hoseok paused, not knowing how to respond. Lie skills, come back! Whenever there’s a random confrontation like this, Hoseok just instantly dies inside. Yes he’ll still take it over the single-teasing, but he needs to be on his toes more for this stuff.

 

“Because, uh, she only goes over his apartment!” Jimin covered for Hoseok. Again, Jimin honey, I get it but…

 

“Ooh, Jisoo’s going over the Hoseok abode, huh?” Seokjin smirked, “Big steps so soon?”

 

“Yeah, it took you four months to allow us to come.” Jungkook stated, still holding a grudge.

 

Hoseok rolled his eyes, “That’s because my furniture wasn’t moved in. I wanted it to be pretty for you all!”

 

“Still, your last girlfriend never even got to see your apartment,” Yoongi told the lad, “And don’t use the fake excuse for that.”

 

They’re right. And Jimin was right when he mentioned it a few days ago. Jimin was so right that he hasn’t even texted Jisoo in a few days! He just needed time to detach again… he doesn’t want Jisoo to get any wrong ideas nor feel uncomfortable if he’s using old feelings from his last relationship in his current (fake) one. He was supposed to tell Jisoo what mattress he uses, and he didn’t even do that!

 

But it’s for the best. Especially because of the confusion the kiss between them caused. And they’ll have to do that more, so it’s best to get sort of a blank slate in the feelings department. Or at least train himself not to bring up those feelings.

 

“You know, we were having such a fun game of Jenga, and you all ruined it.” Hoseok mumbled.

 

“I didn’t ruin it,” Namjoon pointed to Jimin, “he’s the one that brought it up.”

 

Jimin pouted, “Man, I’m just sitting here.”

 

“Jenga hasn’t been the same for a long time,” Jungkook said dramatically, staring at the stacked wooden pieces, “We’ve all grown since the first time we played. All on our own paths, figuring out our futures…”

 

“Whoa, okay Mr. Poet. Save that stuff for your diary.” Taehyung joked.

 

Yoongi sighed, then took out a wooden piece, “He’s right. Jenga isn’t what it used to be. We used to play this for hours.”

 

“Well, because we had nothing better to do.” Seokjin replied.

 

What the hell? Why is it so sad now? Jungkook, what have you done?! And I thought Jimin made stuff worse!

 

“Maybe if we play Jenga during our next big dinner it’ll be fun.” Jungkook shrugged, “You can all bring your girlfriends… it’ll be updated.”

 

“And us bringing our girlfriends would make your Jenga time better?” Yoongi asked, confused.

 

“I suppose. It’ll give me some lyric ideas.”

 

“You and your lyrics recently,” Taehyung teased, “You’d think that you be gettin’ mad coochie with the way you’re writing.”

 

Jungkook frowned, “Man, I’m just sitting here.”

 

“Already used that,” Jimin said.

 

“I don’t see you writing any lyrics,” Hoseok chuckled, patting Taehyung on the back, “You’ll understand when you actually have romantic feelings towards someone.”

 

“At least I’m getting some,” Taehyung stuck his tongue out at Jungkook.

 

Hoseok pondered about whether or not he should invite Jisoo. Yes he has backed off a bit, but it does keep everything going. And it’s another excuse to see her. You know, since they’re buddies. Just buddies.

 

“You guys wanna hear some juice?” Taehyung suddenly asked after he lost Jenga. He didn’t wait for answer. “Baekhyun told me that he heard an idol couple is faking their relationship just to get into the parties. A mutual fake.” He said, glancing at Hoseok (not because of what we think).

 

Jimin and Hoseok exchanged glances, Hoseok dying inside for the nth time, “Does, uh, Baekhyun have an idea of who they are?”

 

Ya know, Hoseok was going to stay positive about this little “secret”, but Baekhyun and Jongin are close friends (being in the same group), so now it’s scary. Jongin could have told Baekhyun! We know Jongin loves gossip.

 

“It’s someone in this room.”

 

Silence.

 

“What?” Everyone else replied.

 

Taehyung laughed loudly, “Just kidding! They think its YooA and Sandeul. It’s easy since they’re from the same company.”

 

Hoseok placed his hand on his heart, a wave of relief coming over him. Wait, so is this a thing? Sure Lisa and Taehyung have an agreement, Hyojung used Hoseok, and now it’s Jisoo and Hoseok, but do many idols do this?

 

“Tell that to Seokjin’s bed,” Yoongi snickered, Seokjin now experiencing war flashbacks.

 

“I mean, even if they were faking it,” Jimin began to say, wanting to do his best, “maybe they ended up really liking each other.” Well, I think we know who that may be pointed at.

 

“Pretty sure you can just talk to the second-gen idols and they’ll let it slide,” Namjoon said, “Like what Taehyung and Lisa did.”

 

So this whole time he and Jisoo could have just asked to go together even though they weren’t dating?

 

“But it makes them seem desperate.” Yoongi commented.

 

Ah, okay so that’s why it was never considered. Makes sense. Hoseok did have that desperate vibe for over a year. Now, of course, he has mellowed out because of the fake relationship.

 

“Yah, I don’t seem desperate!” Taehyung defended his honor, throwing a Jenga block in Yoongi’s direction.

 

“Just because you said that… now you do.” Seokjin chuckled.

 

“Maybe you are Taehyung, and your constant hookups are just a cover for,” Jungkook began to get a little too deep again, resulting in a Jenga block straight to the throat from Taehyung. The maknae fell backward dramatically, holding his throat.

 

“Killed the hopeless romantic,” Namjoon sighed, “Love is dying.”

 

“Hey, now it seems like our old Jenga games now!” Jimin clapped, “Violence and disappointment from Namjoon hyung!”

 

Well, I’m glad they got their Jenga groove back.

 

Midnight-ish:

 

Jisoo groaned. Really? She went to bed at 10pm (22:00), and she hasn’t fallen asleep yet. This is the third night in a row that Jisoo has been having this issue. It takes her forever to fall asleep and, when she does, it takes forever to fall back asleep!

 

She knows it’s because her body is still not over Hoseok’s amazing mattress. And he had the audacity to not tell her the brand! Even worse, Hoseok hasn’t texted her at all! How annoying! Sure he’s probably busy, but it was a simple text to send. She considered reaching out to ask, but she thought that would be weird how she’s just constantly thinking about his life-changing mattress.

 

Staring up at the ceiling, Jisoo thought about Hoseok’s silence. Is it because of their pajama night? You know, where they talked about the kiss. Nah, they’re over that. Well, Jisoo isn’t, but she’s still trying to convince herself that it really didn’t mean anything. Jennie and Chaeyoung don’t know that Jisoo slept over Hoseok’s a few nights ago, but they still about going over there in the first place.

 

Now she gets why Hoseok pulled such a stunt to stop teasing. Sure teasing about the single life is worse, but hearing comments about “snuggling with Hoseok” when she didn’t gets old fast.

 

Jisoo took out her phone without thinking, and found herself looking at Hoseok’s contact. What is she thinking? She stared at the number, biting her lip to stop herself.

 

Is she that desperate for sleep? Especially when Hoseok hasn’t texted her? Maybe he’s busy. If she called him and asked to sleep in his bed while he’s mid-album creation, he’ll definitely be annoyed (but not show it).

 

With a sigh, Jisoo exited out of Hoseok’s contact page and texted him instead. Oh.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter