Pandora Box

Massacre of Innocence- Project Inhuman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hey, where have you been? I was just on my way to call you. Feeling good? Damn, I'm beat man want to take a break for 30 minutes. You take the spot now if found something unusual you know whom to contact. 'Kay?"-the person sitting in front of the number of TV screens showing different locations, rooms, and labs said to me.

"Yeah, I'm good now. The doc gave me MEDs so yeah and sorry."-I replied changing the tone of my voice making it slightly heavier and sat down silently beside him.

"Hmm... That's good.

You sound different though not your usual self must because of a sore throat"-the person questioned, looking at me, head slightly tilted to right but I think the face mask probably covered my identity... Or maybe not. 

"Yeah... Totally fine, just tired"-I replied, making my voice heavier to convince the other. But God helps me, I don't know how the real man of my current identity sounds.

"Dang, I can understand a man."-the man sighed, leaning more on the chair while closing his eyes.

" job more rules and restrictions... Sit in this room straight 12 hrs. Just to look at half-dead people on the screens who don't even look at each other rather talk. And whenever they tend to talk "boom" strange things happen. Strange place, strange things and more than strange people, wow, we are living in a place easily called "hell of strangeness". -He frowned deeply eyes still closed.

"And the things or experiments, whatever they are conducting here on those kids, Man I really hate them to their guts. I still don't get what these crazy people want to achieve by making a controlled army of paranormal creatures and for what purpose? It's not like they are just doing it for fun. There should have been a more defined and built up purpose of all this craziness"- he narrowed his eyes looking at the screen with disgust.

"But ah! Who we are saying or object they are paying us hella good. So I'm fine till one of their creatures, zombie? Or whatever gets loose and bites one of us, but looks like that never gonna happen. I wish though."-said the man still screen where rooms with test subjects were displaying. Biting his lips, he looks distant an unpleasant frown still present showing the visible lines on his forehead.

"See ya bud"-he suddenly gets up and walked towards the exit door lazily waving at me, silently shutting the door behind him and I released the breath which I don't even know I was holding till now. I lean back on the chair, took a deep breath, and looked at the screen. From here I can easily see and keep track of everything and everyone. If I remain here nothing could be hidden from my eyes, but I can't. There are people, mainly kids waiting to be saved wanting to be live freely. I can see their faces from here the empty eyes and plain expressions vulnerable bodies carrying the poison of other's greed. The same poison I am carrying in my veins. I hate this, I hate this all. Just why?? What they want to get all out of this???.

The words of the guard stuck in my mind that there should be something more to it there have to be. It should have been somewhere in the corrupted pages of my memories whom I have forgotten. There must be a missing puzzle to all that if I start listing the incidents from the very start when I opened my eyes after a long unwanted slumber and found myself as a bearer of unknown powers. No, scratch it, "a very first incident that has thrown me into endless slumber must be the cause of all this messy situation." it has to be that. I probably get all the answers if I somehow gain the access to that locked data in my head.

And at that moment, I saw on one of the many screens that the door of one room opened and the person came out of the room filly clad in white. He looked directly in the camera and waved, smiling toothy showing his dimple making me gapped ND then I laughed "oh you damn Zhang Yixing". This man and his not so careful stunts.  Meanwhile, this man walked quietly and somewhat idly int

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter