LAST CHAPTER : PT. 1

AQUIVER

"I sent something to your email. I just think you need it these days."

 

"What is it?"

 

"Just see it."

 

Yein is calling her while she's taking a bath and ends the phone call after a short information she gave her, today is a stressful, confusing long day. Yeri's been spending 20 minutes in a bath, trying to get sober and put everything that happened in the right place. Things with Jungkook are complicated, too complicated even for her to decide what is good for her own life. She clicked the email that Yein sent, it's a video.

 

“I vow to love you as you love me, through all hardship, darkness, and pain to reach for our joys, our hopes, and always with honesty and faith.”

He sounds so sincere doing it, Yeri is smiling a lot watching it.

 

“I vow never to deviate, never to falter, and to always be by your side.”

While what she did is nothing more than one sentence, she doesn't looks sincere at all.

 

"Can I kiss him right now?"

Yeri is laughing at herself for acting like a weirdo on her own wedding day.

"Sure."

 

Yeri can not help but laugh and cry so much tears after she watched that short video. It was taken by Yein's phone obviously, 6 years ago or something, her wedding day. She as a bride looked so happy. Jungkook too. Both of them looked so happy.

 

She sacrificed lots of things when she decided to get married, her youth, her freedom, her simple life, she gave it up to be someone's wife, back then she was brave. 

 

Even though it's true that chasing money is part of the reason why she did that, she knows for sure that if Jungkook was poor and had nothing back then, she's still going to marry him, because she loved him that much. But why has she become so cowardly afraid right now, why she can't be brave anymore?

 


 

 

"No, it's the other way round. I'll talk to them when I'm there."

 

Jungkook is in the middle of lobbying someone from one of his branch offices in Europe to let him stay and work there for a couple of months. He needs time to be away from everything, knowing Yeri is close with him won't do him any good. He'll just suffer everyday of not having her around and he can’t just chase her like before because he doesn't want to give her any burden, when it's obvious that she's already hurting enough with what he did.

 

"I'll wait from you."

 

He failed to convince him but they promised to arrange something for him, well..he'll take it, just anywhere but here.

He’s turning off his phone right away and laying down on his bed trying to make sense of his situation right now.

 

It's 3 AM in the morning and he can't even get some sleep. A cold shower was working to make him feel better after he got drunk, but it's still not working for his heart.

 

He closes his eyes again, but  fails miserably when someone is knocking on his door. He knows it's Yeri right away because who else is having the guts to bother him like this?

 

He's trying hard to ignore because he's afraid that seeing her again will make him change his mind about letting her go. The knock turned into a quick and demanded sound of a doorbell ringing and he had no choice but to open the door.

 

It's Yeri. Her hair is still wet, and she has tears on her eyes, she's only wearing her sleep wear and the jacket he gave her earlier.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

He panicked when she's not answering his question.

 

"Take me back!"

 

"What?"

 

"I'm done trying to convince myself that I deserve a better life than my life as your wife. It’s not working.. "

 

Yeri can't find another way to convince herself that she deserved a better family than Jungkook as her husband. Of course, she gets scared over so many things, but her fears of not having him around is bigger and hurting her so much more.

She gave up.

 

"Please take me back.."

 

Yeri never did this before, begging someone to love her, to be with her. This is the first time that she ever wanted someone so badly that she ended up doing this. Not when she was young, not when she met Jungkook for the first time.

She never imagined that she would end up doing this, years later, after one marriage and one divorced. She finds herself pitiful and embarrassing.

She’s squatting on the floor hugging her knee and crying, covering her face. Thinking that Jungkook doesn't want her anymore because he gets tired of her cowardly act.

 

"I'm sorry for being a coward."

 

She says it while getting up and walking closer to him, holding his hands and trying to stop her tears. This is so embarrassing, but she can't help it.

 

"I said that because i was angry, i've been thinking about it, and what you went through was a mess, i completely understand if you don't want it anymore..."

 

"I want it!"

 

Yeri can not believe that she's doing this right now. She's not even sure with what she just said.

 

"You do?"

 

And it's the same for Jungkook too, the fact that she is here right now is already surprising and to see her treating him like this is even more shocking. He's always the one who is trying so hard to fix his relationship with Yeri, everytime she gets mad, everytime she runs away, he'll be the one who's standing in front of her door, begging her to come back.

 

"I hate getting a random call from you to tell me about your schedule that i need to attend, i hate waiting for you at home alone because you're so busy with your work, i hate pretending and acting like our life is perfect just for your image, i hate everything but i'll hate it even more if you're no longer part of my life. I love you so much, I feel like I'm going crazy if I can't see you."

 

At least that's the truth, Yeri knows that she sees Jungkook as something even more precious to her after their divorce.

 

"You're not saying it because you're drunk, right?"

 

Someone is walking behind them and Yeri can't help but get annoyed, this is so humiliating.

 

"Maybe, I don't know, I probably changed my mind tomorrow, but when i'm doing this right now, can you just please take me back? It's embarrassing enough to do this to a man, and I'm doing this to my ex-husband."

 

"I’m going to Europe for work, I'll be staying there for months.”

 

Yeri is completely devastated, when Jungkook tells her about his plan, he is basically ready to move on with his life.

 

"To run away from you, because I know, if I keep staying here, I'll be the one who begs you to take me back.."

 

Yeri felt like a huge burden lifted up from her shoulder when he said that.

 

"I tried to act. I was fine, because my whole life the only thing I ever did was force you to be with me without considering what you wanted, I don't want to force you anymore."

 

Yeri is staring at him with a smile, this is totally relieving. She thought that Jungkook is actually and completely done with her, after she acts like he's not worthy of her efforts.

 

“So you’re taking me back, then?”

 

He takes her waist and gives her a hug before placing his hands on her hair, touching it, playing with it and giving her a kiss.

 

"I never stop wanting you, since the day i saw you on your graduation day until now"

 

It sounds very good to her ear that she's a little bit carried by the way he flirts and now became the one who's kissing him without caring about her surroundings. She knows with what she wears and the way she looks right now, people who see this will curse her for being so brave to do this in a public place where someone who knows her or Jungkook will probably be roaming around here.

 

She finally gains some common sense when Jungkook is holding her face with his cold hands and forces her to stop kissing him. 

 

"Let me close this first.."

 

She was moved from the door to the inside of his room while getting a little bit confused about what just happened. She's leaning her back to the wall, biting her lump lips and staring at the floor.

 

"My room is not on this floor."

 

Jungkook is walking slowly to Yeri when he finds her looking so down, she's talking after he locks his door like she told him that so he would know that she doesn't want to be here. 

 

Yeri's hair is still damp, she's not wearing any makeup, but her lips are already red colored because they were kissing so passionately and resulted in that. Her shoulder is exposed because the jacke she's wearing is too big for her. She looked good, perfect, beautiful and it is so hard for him to act like he doesn't want her at this moment.

 

"I'll walk you back. Let's go."

 

But he is aware for sure that this is not his call. Yeri has her own share of pain that he couldn't even understand..and for him to ignore it will just hurt her even more.

 

He's fixing her clothes and her hair, asking for her hands but she's still not moving. He watched her for a few seconds more and she looked even more stressed so he pulled her hands to walk out from his room.

 

"What floor is it? Your room?"

 

He's trying to walk but a pair of hands are on his waist and making him turn so he can go further. 

 

"I miss you." 

 

She talks in tiny while grabbing his waist hard.

 

"The last time we're doing this, you cried."

 

He talked to her with a little laugh when she pulled him closer to where we stand and there's basically no space between them by now.

 

"I'll probably cry again. But it's not your fault."

 

She uses her tiny hands to caress his neck down to his chest and now uses her fingers to trace his lips. She's totally playing.

 

"This part of our marriage was never bad, right?"

 

"Of course. We're always good at doing this."

 

He decided to trolling her while stopping her from touching him.

 

"Judging from how long we were away from each other. I already have my expectation about what you're going to do."

 

But it seems like Yeri is better than him because now he's totally lost at words and embarrassed. His face is getting warm because of it and she laughs at him while giving him a kiss on his cheeks. 

 

"Be gentle, we've been doing this for so many times and you already know what i hate."

 

She uses her hands to hold his chins and kisses him again, she doesn't stop nor cry like before when he takes her jacket and starts touching her like she is his wife again which is totally relieving for him.

 



****
 


 

Yeri is sitting on a couch while leaning her head and watching an empty road from a huge window that this room has. Jungkook has so much money that he can afford to stay at a place like this, the Jungkook that is so powerful, she always feels small standing next to him if she's looking from where she came from.

 

"I'm here." 

 

She lifts her hands because she hears doors opened a few times and also a busy step from behind the couch, it's Jungkook who's probably panicking that she's not with him. He reaches for her hands and gives it a kiss while taking a seat next to her.

 

"Are you looking for me?" 

 

She gives him a hug when he sits within her reach. He responds to her with a kiss on her lips and caressing her back from under her shirt, he manages to find his way in somehow.

 

"Are you ok?" 

 

He stopped and used his hands to touch her face lightly, staring at her eyes closely and Yeri is aware what he wants to know.

 

"it was fine, i guess i was scared before because back then i still have this small hatred for you and thinking that i lost my kid because of you."

 

He looked unamused with what she just said so she stopped him from talking by covering his mouth with her hands and laughing at him.

 

"I know you are sorry, that wasn't your fault anyway, I just need to make peace with myself and I did. I'm over it now."

 

Yeri is finally pulling her hands away and honestly he has nothing to say to her.

 

"You must be holding back a lot, right?"

 

She laughs at him as she's trying to but he's aware that something is bothering her.

 

"Then why are you out here?"

 

He's being serious because he wants an honest answer, Yeri seems to notice it too, she lost her smile and back staring at the window with her empty eyes. She's been quiet for so long that he lost his patience to wait for her to tell him what was wrong.

 

"Kim Yeri.."

 

So he called her name, very seriously.

 

"I started taking medicine for my depression again."

 

There he finally had his answer, Yeri said it really quick while still not looking at him.

 

"Why?"

 

"Not sure, i need it so i can sleep at night."

 

"Did i put too much pressure on you about this? about what I want, our relationship and..?"

 

She was fine after he was gone, it's obvious that he is the one who put her into this situation.

 

"I put pressure on myself, not you. I have so many thoughts on my mind, about how to be better than the old me in front of you, in front of everyone, how can I make sure that I won't hurt you again, that I will do a good job, supporting you and making sure that no one hurts you like before.."

 

"You don't need to think about that."

 

Yeri is finally looking at him when he said that, she's looking down while putting her arms on his laps, and giving him a smile when she finally lifts her face for him to see. She has tears in her eyes and that is not what he wanted to see.

 

"You know, there are so many people who told me that I got lucky for marrying you, some even said that I don't deserve you, that I was lacking as a wife for you. I didn't care.."

 

She placed her hands on his chest and hit it lightly when she talked with a husky voice because of her tears.

 

"I was young and pretty, I was fun, and I'm also good at doing chores.. I am your best choice as a wife.. I used to think like that when we decided to get married."

 

There's a little chuckle from her when she said that, she looked so tired but still very beautiful just like how he remembers her.

 

"But after I looked back on our marriage, the only thing I did was ruin your life. Of course, you treated me badly too, but you did it because I did it first, right?”

 

He shakes his head but Yeri seems to disagree with it.

 

“You still want me even after I ran away so many times, I left you..I lied to you..and the worst of everything was, i didn't feel bad for treating you like that."

 

He ended up getting hurt listening to what she said because that is not true at all. She is the best thing ever happened in his life, god knows how messed up his life was before Yeri came to him and she gave him hope for having something normal in his life. A wife, a family who loved you.

 

"That's wrong"

 

He's becoming so hateful to himself for letting Yeri think about him that way, he gives her a hug and begging her to stop crying because he feels like a total jerk right now.

 

"You are perfect." 

 

He can't talk to her if she already made up her mind, so he lets her go, forcing her to look at him and wait for her to stop crying.

 

"You know my family, my life.." 

 

He continues to talk when Yeri is not as hysterical as before, she wipes her tears and takes a deep breath before finally able to look at him again.

 

"My life was already ruined long before you came to me. You are the only thing that makes sense in my life."

 

Yeri feels a little bit better hearing that because it's true, the first time she met his family, it is obvious that Jungkook was not happy for what he has.

 

"If you see me as something great, and you also see me chasing you like crazy again and again, then you should be aware by now that you are precious for me too."

 

"You chased me because i can help you with your business."

 

"Still doesn't change the fact that I need you."

 

He used his hands to wipe her tears, and caress her hair.

 

"You are the best thing that has ever happened to me, give yourself a credit, seriously."

 

He gives her a kiss and what he said is enough to make her laugh, he hugs him and rests her head on his shoulder, she hugs her back and uses his hands to pat her head, everything feels so perfect and better.

 

"So you are out here, because you can't sleep?"

 

"I think so, I need to go back to my room, and take my medicine.."

 

She finally gets up from the couch and tries to free her hands from his grips but he refuses to let her go.

 

"Do you want to go with me?" 

 

Yeri is asking him while trying to locate where she left her own sleepwear.

 

"I can work better than that."

 

He put his hands on her waist after giving her one quick kiss on her forehead.


 

***

 

Yeri is trying so hard to close her eyes and get some sleep but it won't work, not when Jungkook is laying down next to her while busy with his phone, texting a long text for someone. She kept looking at him and he noticed it too, he said sorry but didn't stop what he's doing, not until a few minutes later that he finally done with it.

 

"They won't give me an oversea business trip. You are stuck with me now." 

 

He said that while laughing but Yeri knows he's disappointed by what others did to him regarding his job.

 

"You are usually able to go without anyone's permission."

 

"That's when my father was alive. Things are not quite the same right now.. people don't trust me that much these days."

 

He takes her closer to him, and puts his arms around her head while caressing it non stop.

 

"Do you know why I agreed to live with you in that small house?"

 

"Why?"

 

"Because it was the first time I saw you as someone who is ordinary, as simple as me, you woke up late because you don't need to go to work, you're wearing an ugly track suit to drop me off to work, you're socializing with your neighbor."

 

"That's why you get so scared, you're afraid of losing me because i'm no longer like that."

 

"Probably, i'm not even sure why i was so stressed over living my old life again, i've been here before, and this is supposed to be easier because this is my second time.."

 

"I understand completely why you get scared and depressed over seeing me back to my old life, me in this life is nothing but a husband who's hurting you on a daily basis. We never talk to each other, I called you a golddigger, while me who you found two years after our divorce was me who was kind.."

 

"But I love you as both, I loved you before and I love you now."

 

Yeri seems offended by what he just said, she lost her smile and her eyes are getting bigger trying to explain herself.

 

"What i wanted to say is, it's never about what i did, what my job is, or how much money i have.. I was a jerk to you and it's completely fine if you get scared to find my old self when we're back living our life like before.."

 

He holds her face closer to him because he knows that Yeri's not actually happy hearing this but it's their reality, what happened to them before is a real thing. It totally makes sense that their conscience reacts to those painful memories even when the only thing they want is to forget it. He gets scared too.

 

"You told me that we can't be sure if we won't get hurt in the future too, but I swear for my life that I'll try my hardest to not let that happen to you again."

 

That's probably the one of the best things Jungkook ever said to her, it feels good to actually get assured by a promise, regardless if they will be able to fulfill it or not later.

 

"I just need to trust you, then?"

 

"Totally."