CH : 22

AQUIVER

Yeri is totally relieved when she find Jungkook's car was parked next to Jooyoung's. She hopes he sees her, but his car is empty. He must be gone inside already.

She does nothing when Jooyung told her to get inside the car. He seems anxious knowing Jungkook is here.

Well, going away is a much better choice for her, so that Jungkook will be safe if his brother is with her.
 

She says nothing when Jooyoung finally drove the car away, she feels totally scared because no matter how she's aware about his bad behaviour, it was never to this extent.

She knows for sure that he despised her for what happened to Chaerin, but to actually wants her dead, or putting her in a situation that Chaerin went through is never on her imagination.

 

"Did you told him?"

 

She shakes her head quickly.

 

Jooyoung stopped talking or not do anything for the rest of their journey. Yeri realized that he takes her to a place they used to come here when Yeri first got married.

 

Jeon's family usually having a simple place for them to gather, doing something usual for a rich family. They stopped when Chaerin came to them, and that's where everything going downhill, including Jooyoung, Jungkook, her and her marriage.

 

"Get out."

 

This place is old, no one ever came here anymore for the past few years.

 

"Why are we here?"

 

Back when she first got married, even after all the stress and crazy ideas Mrs. Jeon put on her head. She can still feels the warmth of family every time she spent time here.

 

Jungkook and his family is probably full of fakeness, and always pretend to be perfect, but even knowing that..Yeri is still happy when they had dinner at the backyard, her father in law who keeps talking about business and work, Jungkook who was so serious listening to him and sometimes changing opinion with Jooyoung.

 

It was not bad at all. She was happy, and somehow..she finally able to experience the life she always jealous of. She was young, and being able to not worry about looking for a job, money, or her family's business was an easy life. A perfect life.

But now that she's here, she feels so stupid.

It was not real, never real. Everyone is sacrificing so much things for that glimpse of heaven, her, Jungkook even Jooyoung. It was already wrong since the beginning.

***
 

Jooyoung is not answering her question but entering the house with a quick step, Yeri has no choice but to follow him, because that's what he wants.

 

This house is actually clean, seems like Jooyoung been spending time here quiet often, judging from how his stuff are scattered at the living room, his laptop, his jackets, hats.

 

Pictures of Chaerin was there too, hanging at the corner of the wall. Next to it is the picture of Chaerin with Jooyoung, on his graduation day, because he's wearing his robe and stuffs.

 

It's a little bit too much for Yeri, because she feels a thousand times worse knowing that she really is ruining Jooyoung and killed Chaerin.

 

"Take a seat."

 

Jooyoung is noticing how hesitate Yeri to follow his order, and that makes him even more angry. She was acting so strong for years, acting like she's so much better than Chaerin just because Jungkook choose her instead. It's not fair.

Why Jungkook could have an easier life just because girl like Yeri exists on his life. He is a jerk so does she.

 

"Your husband used to come here when he was younger. Playing and partying with his friends like a useless brat. Do you know that?"

 

Well, she doesn't know exactly, but she's aware about it. People said things about Jungkook when they find out that she's dating him. And she also knows Jooyoung since high school. So of course, she is aware to some extent.

 

"I do."

 

"That could've been ruining his own life if it's not for Chaerin protecting him and put him into his right minds all the time."

 

Yeri is taking a few steps back when Jooyoung come close to her.

 

"That's the difference between you and her. Jungkook is becoming a better person when he's with Chaerin and you make him a jerk."

 



 


 

"I know she's here."

 

Jungkook can't believe that everyone dare to tell him a lie when she finds Yeri's suitcases on his room, after he forced his way into the house.

 

"She's not."

 

"Where is she? Why are you kidnapping her?"

 

He can't help but feeling totally frustrated because he just know what kind of people Jooyoung and his mother is, manipulative, crazy, and they will use anything to win what they want.

 

"Yerimmie is my weapon. Do you know how hard I tried to find someone like her? Did you forget just how many girls I met to be able to control you?"

 

This is crazy.

Everytime Mrs. Jeon ever find out about his friends, she always try yo get close with them, like she's looking for something. That's why Jungkook limited himself from interacting with others.

 

He only ever have a few close friends, which some is clearly staying because of his money and the others staying because of networking.

 

"Lee Chaerin, that girl. I thought she was the one and I spent so much time to train her. She was so easy to handle because she cares for you so much, but seems like your heart was as hard as stone she can barely control you."

 

Jungkook can't help but feels disgusted when the talk about Chaerin is brought up. His mother was trying to drag her into his messy life, but he knows she doesn't deserve it and he tried so hard to make it stopped only to find her involve with Jooyoung.

 

"You do care for her, but you're never in love with her."

 

"Stop! you don't know what you're talking about."

 

"I do, Son. You were probably not my real son, but I brought you up since you were a kid. I know everything about you.  Since the very first day you brought Kim Yeri here, i  know she means the world to you. And that's how she became my weapon, don't act like you're not aware about it!"

 

Mrs. Jeon is talking in a higher tone, it shows that she's actually pissed off about the situation too.

 

"You were so scared that she will be able to play with your life, that's why you treat her as a gold digger. You gave her away to me, because you need to find her flaw, because you'll throw her away and makes her connection with me to justify what you did. To spare yourself from heartbreak, because a woman like me is a monster and she's just exactly like me, right?"

 

Mrs. Jeon feels like a winner when she find Jungkook shedding tears hearing what she said. She needs to destroy Jungkook for whatever it takes.

 

"You are growing up with my care your whole life. Imagine how disappointed i am when you keep against me as you're getting older, Jungkook-ah.."

 

She gives a pat on Jungkook's hair, he is mad, upset, but also vulnerable.

 

"You're planning to take her away from me too. My Yerim, I care for her just like how I care for you. If I can't have both.."

 

"You are crazy."

 

Jungkook tossed her hands with a force and takes a few steps back from her.

 

"I don't have plan to throw her away, even if she's devoting her life to you. I'll take her back. I probably don't deserve her for what i did in the past, but you are so much worse than me."

 

Jungkook is out from the room while dragging Yeri's suitcases with so much thoughts on his brain. What his mother said to him is really bothering him. Because everything she said was right, he can't believe that he was such a trash for treating Yeri like that.

 

Not to mention all the others who was used by his family because of him, Chaerin and everyone else.

 



 

 

"He never loves you enough. Chaerin was here all the time, and you are..an outsider. He used you back then and he will keep using you until the end."

 

Yeri feels like her head is going to explode. Jooyoung been talking about Jungkook, Chaerin, him and their past for such a long time. She can not make him stopped because she's scared.

 

"I know your relationship with Chaerin wasn't good, you even told her to forget about having a kid if her intention was to gain Jungkook."

 

"I.."

 

"She told me. If she told me how bad you are and how cruel you are, then what makes you think your husband didn't know?"

 

With that only, Yeri can feels her heart beating faster. There is something that makes her worried.

 

Jungkook knew. That's explain why he was so angry when Chaerin died, why he was accusing her for killing her and put all the blame on her.

 

"If your marriage went downhill after Chaerin died, trust me that's because Jungkook knew what you did."

 

Yeri is trying so hard to bring back her memories, the latest one after her marriage change for the better, last night when Jungkook seems genuine about his feelings for her, but it doesn't work.

The only thing showed up on her head was those times when he called her a murderer, that one time when he ignored her, all those years when they don't talk to each other.

And suddenly what Jooyoung said feels like a reality. Of course Jungkook will hate her if he knows how bad she treated Chaerin, for how rude her words because she was jealous of her.

 

"A woman like you is nothing but a tool for people like me and my brother. Even with a kid, you're still no better than that."

 

Yeri feels like someone is stabbing her heart and tearing it apart. It's really hurt and she can't help but to digest Jooyoung's words as it is. She knows that Jooyoung is trying to manipulate her, get into her head, just like how his mother doing to her.

But it's hard to escape from this when the memories from her damned marriage keeps flashing back on her head.

Jungkook who was cold, scary, intimidating, fake. Everything is still fresh in her memories, it was too much of it.. that the sweet, nice, gentle Jungkook is no longer on her head.

 

"Please stop..."

 

She can barely talk, and Jooyoung didn't hear what she said, his phone is ringing and he storming out of the room, leaving her behind.

 



*****

 

at one time...

"He loved you so much, Yeri-ya."

 

It does sounds like a lie. All her life, she knows that humans are mortal. People died, it's natural.

 

But then she never thought that her father will leave her this fast. When she can barely support herself, when she just went through a hard time.

She looks at her surroundings, her mom is crying at one corner and Yein is next to her telling her words.

Jungkook is at front greeting all the people who came, without any words.

 

It's a very long night, that Yeri doesn't remember how it ended. She just knows that she needs to go back home when people from the funeral house telling her to do that.

She's been here a whole day, crying and hating herself for what happened.

 

"You should take her home."

 

Yeri can heard Mrs. Jeon's voice from outside the room. She's talking to Jungkook who looked troubled about taking her home.

Well, in this situation, of course.

It was just last night when she asked him for a divorced because she's been tired with the way he acted after Chaerin died. He promised her to explain what was going on for the past few months but before he can do that, they're both ended up here. Losing someone so important.

It feels like a scam to her when Jungkook promised that everything is gonna be ok about her father, but then he came back with the news that he is dead. He lied about everything and she hates it.

 

"Unnie, you should go home, get some sleep and eat something."

 

She was dragged by Yein and in no time she finds herself standing next to Jungkook with a car keys on his right hand.

 

"Drive carefully."

 

That's the last thing she heard from someone, because Jungkook never says a thing on their trip back home. Not about Chaerin, about his behaviour, about her father. Nothing.

The only thing he does was opening the car door for her when they arrived and tell her to take a rest.

 

"Where are you going?" 

 

She finally managed to talk because she finds it's ridiculous that he left her behind.

 

"I'll come back in a few hours, get some sleep."

 

He doesn't wait for her response and gone.

 

She doesn't sleep that night, only to wait for him to come back at dawn. And when she asked what he's doing, why is he treating her like this he said..

 

"I was alone like this when Chaerin gone too. You weren't here for me."

 

"Is this a revenge?"

 

"It's not. People wanted to be alone at a time like this. I gave you space."

 

Yeri can't help but totally crushed by what he said. She's crying a lot for how hurt it was.

 

"I didn't. I want you to be here, telling me everything is ok and that it's not my fault my father died."

 

"It wasn't your fault. And I'll stay with you forever, I promised your dad."

 

Yeri is too angry to even respond to that so she ignores him, close her room, locked the door and cry for the rest of the night.

 

Next morning, she made a decision to live her life as it is without expecting too much from anyone, including Jungkook.