CH : 15

AQUIVER

 

Home for them is actually this place. Jungkook ia a little bit anxious for coming here knowing Jooyoung is taking over the place.

 

"What if that place is changing and is no longer our home?"

 

"You are here with me. It will not change for me."

 

They arrived at the door, and Yeri knows that this place is probably not the best one to start a new life with Jungkook and act as if the past two years was never happened. She cried here, she fought him here, all those arguments and screams they give to each other. It wasn't exactly a good thing.

 

"I hate this place."

 

And she said that words so sudden it makes Jungkook who stands next to her stop from opening the door.

 

"I can relate to that."

 

He gives her a smile and entering the house without any further comment. Just like what he said before, if this marriage was hell for her then it is the same for Jungkook too. Nobody has it worse than anybody.

 

She says nothing while scanning the huge apartment. It doesn't change a bit. Jooyoung certainly never live here. She even check the fridge and all foods she left for Jungkook before is still here, some of it was ruined.

 

"I bought it when you were gone."

 

Jungkook feels the need to explain where Yeri seems not amused to find a few bottles of alcohol drinks inside her sacred fridge. She always told him to not get drunk in front of her or do that outside the house.

 

"I can understand why you need those."

 

But she's not angry and not nagging him further about that.

 

"I didn't leave any of my clothes here."

 

She gets inside her room and opening the closet. Its empty. 

 

"You took it all when you moved out. You can use mine for now."

 

"Why don't you move your belonging when i'm gone?"

 

Yeri is quite baffled with that, the room Jungkook used for the past two years is a smaller room.  Her room is better and he didn't even used it when she's no longer here

 

"I don't know. I guess i still had thought about you coming back."

 

"When I clearly told you that i won't?"

 

She laugh hearing what he said and now Jungkook is holding her closer. There is no such thing as personal space that he gave her like before anymore.

 

"But you are here right now."

 

She closed her eyes as he gives her a hug and a little pat on her back. Playing with her hands and caressing her face. 

 

"That's true."

 

"You need to get some rest."

 

"We need to clean this place first. Dust is everywhere and there are so many ruined food in the fridge."

 

"We can't call Mrs. Park, right?"

 

"Of course , do you have enough money to pay her? I don't."

 

Mrs. Park is the head of general affairs of this building. And she usually sent some people to do house chores and cleaned up their apartment. Thrice a week when Jungkook and Yeri out of the house. Expensive because pople she sent is a total professionals.

 

"I'll do the job, you sleep."

 

"You won't be able to do this alone. I know this house more than you do. Let me take a 30 minutes nap and we will start."

 

Yeri get inside her room, close the door and take out her phone, Mrs  Jeon already sent her a location for their promised meeting. She cancelled the plan and told her that she can't go. Jungkook is here and as long as she keeps him close to her she will know that Mrs. Jeon or Jooyoung won't do anything to him. She turned off her phone right away after texting.

 

"Can you stay with me?"

 

She's opening the door again and find Jungkook is already changing his clothes to a hoodie and training pants, looks like he has a plan to start the work earlier. He looked surprised by her question.

 

"Why?"

 

"Everytime i fell asleep, you are always out from home without saying anything and…"

 

"I won't ever do that again."

 

He takes her hand and helps her lay down in this huge bed. He had never been here for the past two years and to suddenly experiencing this. Jungkook feels overwhelmed and awkward.

 

"You should tell me if that door is not working."

 

He ruffling Yeri's hair while looking around and this room does feels stranger compared to when he used to sleep here. The balcony door knob is gone. Yeri never say a thing about that.

 

"When you're no longer here, I feel like I need to be responsible about what is going on in this room."

 

"But you can't fix that."

 

"Looking back at our circumstances, do you really think it makes sense if i asked you to fix it?"

 

Jungkook is back to looking at Yeri when her tone of talk is becoming serious and a little sad. He feels sorry of course about what has happened in her life because of him.

 

"It's ok, you can fix that anytime now."

 

Yeri seems notice that he feels bad for her because she touched his cheeks and tapping it lightly while smiling and tell him to lay down next to her.

 

"I really miss you."

 

She even says that while linking her arms around his waist and pulling him closer to her embrace. He said nothing but patting her back until she falls asleep.

 

***

 

"Alright, i'll start tomorrow. Thank you so much, Mr. Nam"

 

Yeri can heard Jungkook's voice when she opened her eyes. He talked with someone on his phone. She finally gets up and manage to look around. It's already dark. She stares at her watch, 7PM. She slept for 8 hours instead of 30 minutes.

 

"Did you sleep well?"

 

She turned her face to Jungkook who's coming to her with a smile. He looked happy.

 

"You should've wake me up. We have plenty of things to do."

 

"You worked hard last night. I feel bad to wake you up."

 

He is teasing her with a smirk and it makes Yeri feels annoyed. 8 hours sleep is crazy. She never spend that much of time to sleep.

 

"Not funny."

 

Jungkook stopped his laugh immediately when he saw Yeri holding her head and hugging her knees. She doesn't looked good.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"I slept too much, i feel sick."

 

"Come on, get up.."

 

He put her on his back and told her to hang on, so he can take her outside the room without making her walk.

 

"I cleaned the house. Sort of."

 

Yeri is scanning the living room from behind Jungkook's head when he said that. It does looks better than this morning. She feels better seeing all the dust is gone.

 

"Wow.."

 

"I did the laundry too. Including your dirty clothes from the trip so you can use that again."

 

She put herself down from Jungkook's back and stare at him with a little confusion. 

 

"Why? We said we should do it together."

 

"For the past two years, I only ever see you cried or mad everytime I came back home. You were always angry over something..I want to make it up for you.."

 

"Well..it wasn't you, it was me."

 

"Then it's definitely me."

 

"No, really..look at me, did I ever treat you right for the past two years?"

 

Yeri feels really embarrassed to talk about this because she knows, the mess is not only coming from Jungkook but also her mostly. How she treated him, things she said to him,nothing was good and appropriate.

 

"You never failed to take care of my food,three times a day. You cleaned up the house and helped me with my work. You're dealing with my request on a daily basis and i never said thanks to you, not even once."

 

"It's my responsibility"

 

"And now I want to pay it back, not because i feel responsible but because i love you and i'm sorry that i never said thank you for what you've done."

 

Yeri can not help but to think about her two years in this house which is full with scars, pain and things that makes her angry, She feels sorry to herself and Jungkook for how much suffering they need to deal with all this time, when they could have this peace since the very beginning.

 

"You are crying again."

 

Yeri is covering her face when Jungkook tried to wipe her tears and give her a huh.
 

"yeah, it's stupid."

 

Regardless of her tears, she still manage to say that for Jungkook while hugging him back.

 

"Why?" He laughs at her after hearing that.

 

"You could have hurt me and stop treating me as your wife because of what I did. But you didn't.."

 

" I kept avoiding your divorce request because I'm confident that my wife will come back to me."

 

Yeri is hugging him tighter, and she knows they have so many things to deal with. She still needs to talk about Mrs. Jeon and what happened in the past between them, but for now, she is content with this Jungkook and happiness from having someone to love again. She wants to treasure this a little bit more so when in the future she gets mad again she will remember how kind and how nice Jungkook is on treating her.

 

"You made me dinner too."

 

"Right. I don't know about the taste but i worked hard."

 

Jungkook give Yeri a quick kiss before drag her hands to the kitchen. She still has tears in her eyes, but knowing that she is happy is enough for him to not worried about her.

 

"You can't cook."

 

She takes a seat and watching the food Jungkook made for her. It looked edible at least. Maybe he's already getting better. She takes one spoon and drop her utensils immediately.

 

"You still can't cook."

 

It tastes super bad, even worse than the one she remembers from few years ago.

 

"Really?"

 

"I think you used some material that is already ruined. That's why i told you to clean up together at least for the fridge part."

 

Jungkook try his own food and from his expression only she knows that she is not wrong.

 

"Don't eat that.."

 

She threw all the food to the sink while laughing at how ridiculous the situation is. She thought that she will cry even more because of his food and feeling touched once again..but..

 

"You can laugh at me for that. It was bad."

 

Jungkook doesn't feels offended at all when Yeri is laughing really loud while staring at the food he made earlier. She looked so pretty and happy.

 

"You know there was an interview when they asked me about you and your cooking skill.."

 

"I didn't."

 

"It was from last year I think, try to read it."

 

"I told them you are good. I lied to make you looked good, imagine if those people who read the magazine find out about this."

 

He laughs together with her and now he is curious about everything Yeri said to other people about him. She probably lied a lot, but there must be some truth on that, right?

 

"We still have few cups of noodles from last night. Let's just eat that for dinner."

 

He watched Yeri's who walks to her room and come back with a few cups of instant noodles.

 

"You used to eat 6 of these in one go."

 

"I still can do that even now."

 

"It's not healthy."

 

"I know , you told me that before."

 

He stands next to her and helping her prepare for their simple and unhealthy dinner. He used to watch her back while she prepares for his food without saying a word, even though he really wanted to say thank you.. and now, he can say it to her.
 

"If you are hungry, you can have two of these."

 

"You were 22 years old when we got married, right?"

 

"Yeah, why?"

 

Yeri lift her face to Jungkook who totally looked serious about what he asked her.

 

"You should give yourself a credit, not everyone is able to do something like that at the age of 22."

 

"Like what? Getting married?"

 

"Dealing with me and my family."

 

She is smiling, a forced one.

 

"You were right for choosing me. Anyone else would run away."

 

"I know. I'm thankful."

 

"Don't be, that's because you have money and I need your support. That's why i stayed."

 

"Regardless of your reasoning, thank you for staying with me."

 

Yeri stop what she's doing and watching Jungkook closely with a smile. 

 

"I'm thankful too. "

 

"Good."

 

She keep smiling as Jungkook responding to what she said with a pat on her back, told her to continuing prepare his dinner while he's leaving to pick up a phone call.

 

"Is it Jieun again?"

 

She asked him about the phone call when he's back.

 

"No, it was Mr. Nam from HR . They said they will be able to reinstate me at the company."

 

"How? You are retired everyone else knows that."

 

"I told him I'm bored and he said i need time to adapt, so he let me take an empty position.."

 

"Why? You can just stay here. We can just stay here and thinking about another plan before…"

 

Yeri sounds mad and annoyed, and he understands. She is worried about what will happen to him.

 

"I need to take back what was mine."

 

"Right."

 

She give one cup of noodles to Jungkook while walking away. Telling him no or don't means she is controlling him  again. And she doesn't want that to happen. 

 

"Yeri-ya...i..know.."

 

"I didn't say anything. You do you. "

 

There's a long awkward silence when Jungkook sitting in front of her with his dinner on his hands. 

 

"I promise you everything is gonna be ok."

 

"You said that to me before, and the next day my father died."

 

He can not believe what he heard right now. He lost his appetite to eat right away.

 

"I'm not blaming you for what happened, I just wanted you to be safe."

 

She finally talk again with teary eyes and it does makes him feels wronged but also relieved that Yeri reassuring him about what he felt.

 

"I will. I promise."

 

He walks to her and taking her to his embrace, hiding her face, because he doesn't want to see her tears again. 

 

"Are you punishing me right now?"

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"Why are you keep crying? making me feels wronged."

 

"Don't mind me."

 

She pushed him away after wiping her tears with her hands really quick. She starts to eat her dinner even though she doesn't feel like eating.

 

“You know Jooyoung is looking for you, right?”

 

Yeri can not hold it anymore because no matter how hard she’s trying to understand Jungkook and his choice of plan, it’s still not making any sense.

 

“I can handle him. He is my brother.”

 

“I went to the hospital with you, just last week.. because of him.”

 

“I can protect myself better than that.”

 

Yeri is no longer arguing with him and now both of them went into an awkward atmosphere again. She finished her food first and leave her seat while Jungkook is watching her every move.

 

“The thing you told me last night..”

 

He turned his face to Yeri who’s standing near the fridge while looking down when she started talking again.

 

“About you’re using me and taking advantages from my situation when we got married. Jooyoung told me that before..”

 

“What?”

 

“Not directly, but he told me that we’re both hypocrite for acting like we’re in love with each other when in fact..”

 

“You shouldn’t have listened to him.”

 

“But he was right.”

 

He’s studying Yeri’s expression and honestly, tonight is a thousand times harder than last night when they were made up through what they did and not what they said. 

 

“So what if he was right?”

 

“He is probably not a great businessman like you, but he knows things. What he had done to you for the past few years is more than just taking over your company.”

 

Jungkook doesn’t want to talk about this with Yeri because..he knows exactly what she meant. Lee Chaerin.
He is not that stupid to think that Jooyoung disliking him only for the sake of money, just like his mother. It’s all came back to their past. Even long before Yeri entering the picture.

 

“He won’t go far. Jooyoung, no matter how messed up his situation is. He is still my brother.”

 

“Then what about me? He never liked me since the beginning. He hates me when Chaerin died.”

 

Jungkook isn’t finished his food, put all the rest into the sink. He stopped in front of her and she knows that he is tired of arguing with her about this.
She has no choice, letting Jungkook back into the world of chaos before telling him about what Mrs. Jeon’s plan for him since the beginning and how she is part of it until today is not something she wanted. He needs to deal with her first before someone else.

 

“So, you are worried about yourself, not me.”

 

He says it as a joke while taking her closer and trying to steal a kiss from her but Yeri is avoiding it.

 

“It’s us. I’m worried about us.”

 

She said that while pushing him away.

 

“I know what I said to you back then, i told you to fight and hold on to what you have, it was because of my greed. I don’t want my husband to lose, i don’t want my husband to get disrespected, even when you told me that you will be happier when you stop, i won’t let you do that..”

 

Yeri still has her hands on his chest, she hit him lightly while told him a long sentence, She was really acting like a jerk back then. Jungkook begged her to let him go away from his chaotic life but she never granted it for her own greed.

 

“But right now..i don’t care about all that. Yesterday when I was away from anything else and only have you to lean on..the ordinary you. I feel like i did something for you, I only ever burdened you with my greed..and you kept showing me that side of you who was burdened. A dignified CEO who was intimidating and great at his job..”

Yeri stops talking and waiting for what he’s going to say as her eyes locked into his. 

 

Not everything Yeri said was wrong. Jungkook admits that’s happened, the way he fights for her sake who was worried about their future when their life is no longer involved around his fortune.

He’s already getting used with what Mrs. Jeon did to him, he dealt with her since he was young. Yeri is the only one who didn’t know about that part of his life, having her around is like a breath of fresh air for him and of course, walking away, leaving everything behind with her is such an amazing choice of life. He asked her to do that, multiple times..and she always refused to do so. He really was burdened by the expectation she has from him as a husband. 

 

“You meant it as a good thing, right?’

 

Jungkook use his hands to play with her hair and Yeri nods her head lightly. She meant it as a good thing, indeed.

 

“Just..stay with me, you can work as a part timer again at the shop.”

 

“Do you know that unconsciously, you find me annoying when i act as my usual self, who likes talking about work and stuff? “

 

He laughs at her and Yeri is tilting her head, confused. He is sometimes annoying no matter how she sees him.

 

“What do you mean unconsciously? Sometimes i find you annoying on my most conscious state..”

 

“You were so kind to me yesterday.”

 

“That’s..”

 

“You fight me every time you had a chance since we come back from the trip..”

 

He is kinda right somehow. Jungkook on his CEO mode is not something that she fond off, she always remembers how controlling and intimidating he is everytime they need to attend events together. She needs to follow his own guideline and faking everything in front of people, it was hard and stressed her out.

 

“You’ve been acting like that for the past two years, I’m scared of you..so I need to defend myself by acting annoying to you..”

 

That’s true, she is uncomfortable with him acting like that.

 

“I’m more scared of you. Do you ever see yourself when you are angry?”

 

He is back to his table and finished a glass of water while walking out from Yeri who suddenly feels embarrassed by this situation. The way she acts is more spontaneous and childish than Jungkook, so it makes sense if he is also uncomfortable with her tantrum.

 

***

 

Jungkook stopped in front of the huge transparent window and hoping that Yeri will stop pestering him about this. He is aware about her concern, but there are some parts of him who thinks that he needs to prepare for whatever Mrs. Jeon and Jooyoung planning for him.

 

“I often scream at you when i was angry and letting you wait under heavy rain for hours..i know exactly what i did to you.”

 

Yeri came to him again and placing herself in his embrace, holding him tight, there is a sad tone on her talk. She must be felt really bad about that.

 

“Well..i think i deserved that.”

 

Jungkook with a smile is always something that Yeri treasure, even when their marriage was a complete mess. Seeing his fake laugh and fake affection is good, the only bad part of that is when she’s back to reality and realized that everything was an act.

 

“Not everything.”

 

She makes him leaning forward closer to her before she takes him for a kiss. He seems thrilled receiving it.

 

 “I won’t stop you if you still want to go tomorrow, but promise me to think about it carefully.”

 

Yeri gave him a long, deep, demanded kiss, even more than what she did last night, he thought that she already forget about their arguments from before, but turns out that she’s still bringing that up, he tried to avoid responding, with kissing her again but it’s not working, she makes him stop and staring at him waiting for an answer.

 

“I’ll go tomorrow to see how the situation is, if i don’t feel safe, I won't come back.”

 

Yeri doesn’t trust him completely but what can she do, if she wants to be better for him then she needs to stop controlling what he wanted too much. She’s just hoping that Jungkook knows better about judging the situation. 

 

“I’ll clean the kitchen, you should rest.”

 

She is taking a few steps back from him and making him turn while pushing his back to their room, not the one he used for the past two years but hers.

 

“Are you letting me use your room?”

 

She was expecting Jungkook to but still, it is annoying to hear those words.

It’s true that the separate room thingy was her idea, and she even swear to not give it back to him until forever, that was what she said when they were having a huge fight, He agreed to do that in a situation where Yeri continue to living here and stop asking him for a divorce. That was the time when they were begin to no longer care about what is going on in each other’s life.

 

“You can use yours then”

 

She ignores him and focusing all her energy to clean up the kitchen, she knows that Jungkook is still doing nothing but watching her with a smile on his face.

 

“You are the one who kicked me out and if you still bothered..”

 

Jungkook is aware that Yeri slowly getting angry with what he said. She’s already annoyed about their argument from before and he is just making things worse. She’s now talking without even spare a glance for him, her hand is busy cleaning up the table.


 

“Where was this attitude last night? Letting you sleep in my room is nothing compared to how lenient i was to you yesterday, right?”


 

He actually didn’t do something that bothered her too much, having is never a problem for Yeri especially when she’s doing it because she wanted to. But they still have so many things to talk about and Jungkook keep avoiding it all night, even when she had already gathered the courage to tell him about his mother, he keeps shut her off, afraid if a conversation will ruin their night.

He tends to avoid problem and not solving it, that was why he decided to get married in the first place, he did it to run away from his family and making her as a replacement.

 

“You should’ve told me, if there is something i did that..”

 

“Nothing went overboard last night, for that part. I feel fine because i know how the past two years had been such a torture for us. But..I feel like you’re just forgiving me because of that. And now our life is normal again..you started to act like we have nothing to settled..”

 

“That’s not true. You were kneeling in front of me while saying sorry when everything i did wrong to you is similar to what you did, I don't think I need to beg for your forgiveness and you shouldn’t too. “

 

Yeri close her eyes because she feels like a jerk for doing this to Jungkook, What he knows is her who’s already and completely honest with her mistake, when in fact she is still hiding the truth about what she had with his mother. 

 

She bite her lips when she realized that Jungkook is no longer in the mood to deal with her and all her ted talk about their marriage. He is more open to an idea about talking it out slowly, while she wanted everything to be done before acting like their marriage is fine and normal. Two years is too long to let everything go into a drain of her memories. 

 

“It’s true that I already forget to adjust myself with you and your thoughts, with compromise and all the things we had before this. But i wanted to do this slowly. We talked about the reason why we got married last night, about Jooyoung and my work tonight. Let’s keep the rest for later. I am tired.”

 

He talked really fast and the way he said tired is totally something Yeri could not twist. 

 

“I told you to rest. I’ll clean this up first.”

 

“I’ll help, or if you don’t want my help then I'll watch. I don’t want to let you busy with your own and came out with stupid thoughts about me again.”

 

He said it really seriously, and she knows that he is not joking about this. He must be so annoyed with what she said before.

 

“Then..watch.”

 

He really is doing nothing but watching her cleaned up all the kitchen, washing the dishes and throwing out some ruined food from the fridge which he missed before. Being watched by Jungkook like this is definitely not new for Yeri, especially when he watched her without saying a word. It feels like the usual daily life she used to have. 

 

Yeri is totally better than him at cleaning up, she works fast and thoroughly, in less than 15 minutes, she is already done with everything. She’s taking off her apron and walking towards him. Taking a seat in front of him and staring at him.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

She said it rather abruptly while looking down. So pretty on his eyes.

 

“Apology accepted.”

 

“That was so easy.”

 

“Did I ever get mad at you for long?”

 

He came to her and drag her out from the table while holding her hands. 

 

“Yeah, two years.”
 

***

 

Jungkook is completely not lying when he said tired, she was just left him for a quick shower and he’s already in a deep sleep now. Less than 10 minutes.

She’s laying down next to him while ruffling his hair. This bed is totally put in a better use when he is here. 

 

Yeri is reaching for her phone inside the drawer next to where Jungkook’s sleep. She turned it on and there are messages, tons of messages, mostly from Yein and one from Mrs. Jeon. She’s taking a glance at Jungkook to makes sure that he’s asleep so she can open the message without him knowing what it is.

 

“Another address.”

 

It’s another address and time about their cancelled meeting today. She typing a reply to that message quietly. She can not avoid her, even if she wanted to. 

 

“I’ll be there.”