CH : 2

AQUIVER

 

Yeri is not waiting for another 15 minutes like how Jungkook told her to. She left the place after he's gone right away, she walked to her car while crying and now she's already inside it, everything feels like a total nightmare. She could hear her phone ringing and it does makes her nervous, what if it's Jungkook and he finds out about her who run away.

Fortunate for her, it's Jieun who is calling her, she let the phone ring for a few more times before deciding to pick it up.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Mr. jeon said you don't feel good? do you want me to drive you home?"

 

"No, I'll drive by myself, i'm outside already. Don't worry."

 

"Mr. Jeon should've gone with you..i'll tell him, wait!"

 

"He has work to do."

 

"But..what if you were sick or something, as a husband, he should've.."

 

"Lee Jieun, Leave me alone, this is an order. I'm leaving."

 

***

 

"She left, sir."

 

"Alone?"

 

Jungkook is already lost his focus to the event after his conversation with Yeri earlier, it was a fight and they already stopped doing that for more than a year, every single word she said to him is lingering on his mind again and again.

 

"She refused when i offer myself as her driver."

 

"I see."

 

He was going to use his phone to check on her, but Jieun still won't leave from his side.

 

"Why?"

 

"You can go, sir. I'll tell everyone about the situation, they will understand."

 

"No, it's ok."

 

"She cried sir, looked like she's in so much pain."

 

Jieun is not really surprised when Jungkook's expression is changing when she said that, from her voice only it's obvious that Yeri is in so much pain. She's been crying too. It'd be better for her to have someone to take care of her. And as a husband, her boss is an obvious choice.


 


 

Jungkook find what he's doing right now is quite weird. There's something that makes him want to go home, maybe it's because Jieun is good with persuasion but he left the party to stay at home after hearing Yeri cried.

He went inside, trying to find her, and he is glad that she's still here, her high heels was stored near the front door. 

The apartment is completely dark, only light in Yeri's room is on, she shut the door completely.

He knew Yeri for such a long time, and no matter how angry she was to him, she never shuts off her door like this, it was just started 2 years ago. 

The day when every door was closed for him, when he lost a way to get through her. It was completely shut and at some point he's just tired from trying to find a way in, he gave up.

And right now, knocking on this door means he's trying to find a way in again, and it is useless because he knows it will never work. Yeri from 8 years ago is already gone. long gone.

He just stand at the door for a few minutes before deciding to get inside his room, locked it, and sleep just like how he usually does.

***
 

Next morning, Jungkook can heard a bunch of noises from the outside. He's opening the door and curious about what was it, it's quite relieving when he saw Yeri at the kitchen, doing her things like nothing happened last night. 

He walks to her without saying anything and take a seat on his chair waiting for his breakfast to get served. Yeri notice his existence so she put one set of toast, bacon and a cup of coffee in front of him.

It looked good, and more luxurious than the usual breakfast they have for the past few years.

 

"This will be my last time to do this." 

 

She talked to him while taking a seat in front of him, her eyes are puffy and it's obvious that she's still holding a grudge about what was going on last night.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"We're getting a divorce, for real. I won't back down anymore and you can't stop me."

 

She sounds so cold and serious about that, it makes him angry.

 

Jungkook already heard this kind of words for so many times from Yeri, it's been two years since the last time she asked for a divorce and it’s obvious that she really want it this time.

 

"That's not your decision."

 

"It is my decision."

 

"No, it's not."

 

She stopped her movement in seconds and she finally lifted her face to him while putting down her food utensils.

 

"My sister is done with her study..she’s good enough to operate the shop.."

 

"Are you seriously thinking i'm keeping you for all these years as a compensation for what my family did to your sister?"

 

"Is it not? I don’t care with your reasoning, but that's the exact reason why i'm staying in this hell with you, at least for the last 2 years. I need your money, and your family's support."

 

Yeri is so calm compared to him who is really angry and annoyed, she's back eating her breakfast after saying that, there's no emotion on her words at all. She doesn't sounds mad or sad. She's just cold.

 

"I already packed my clothes, I will only take that, your stuff will stay here just like how it was before.."

 

Yeri is showing Jungkook her suitcase in the living room, he's staring at it for quite a long time before he's back to her with a sarcastic laugh. 

 

"You said you wanted to talk."

 

"Last night, yes, but I realized it's useless, we've been a stranger to each other for the last 2 years, I don't know who you are."

 

"You treated me as a stranger. I never asked that, I never wanted that."

 

"You left me with no choice."

 

Yeri knows that she is a winner in this argument when Jungkook stopped talking and left his breakfast while pushing away his plate. She knows he is angry but so does she, even worse, she disappointed at him for years, for what he did, for what he said. 

She closed her eyes and takes a deep breath. It's supposed to end like this since long time ago. Both of them just drag the whole thing for their own benefit and now it's the right time to stop. She gets up from her seat and takes Jungkook's leftover breakfast, cleaning it up for the last time.

 

"Can I ask you something?"

 

She put back the plate when she find Jungkook is suddenly out from his room, already wearing his work attire, only the shirt, not his ties or his suit. He still looked really mad, even worse than before.

 

"Everything won't end up like this if you had the kid, right?"

 

Yeri can't believe what she heard, she can feel her hand shaking when she realized that Jungkook is actually talking to her about this. About things he never talked about for the past few years, about pain he never try to heal.

 

"Are you being serious?"

 

"You hate me because you thought that i made you lost..."

 

"Stop !"

 

Yeri is finally losing all her control over her emotions when Jungkook continuing his talk. She came to him with a quick step and stand in front of him while looking down. She has tears in her eyes and she doesn't want Jungkook to see it, he's not worthy.

 

“It’s not even yours..”

 

"It wasn't just me who lost a life, it's us..and you’re a coward because you put the blame on me for that."

 

Yeri talk in a firm voice while dragging her suitcase and leaving Jungkook without having any plans to come back, ever.

 

***


 

"Miss, we're here."

 

Yeri woken up by a middle aged-man's voice and looking at her surroundings. It's her parent's house.

 

"Oh thank you."

 

She paid the fare and taking out her suitcase quickly. Her family is owning a coffee shop, her sister is studying to become a barista overseas and she recently back while operating the business and making some changes for this old-fashioned shop. The coffee shop is famous now, making tons of profit and her family could live just fine using from what the coffee shop made, especially after her dad passed away 2 years ago.

 

"Unnie..i heard from mom."

 

"Don't get too disappointed, you know it's going to happen sooner or later."

 

"I know, but I'm still disappointed, I can still see him and say thank you for everything he has done to me, right?"

 

Jungkook and his family supporting her sister's study, and all her accommodation overseas for more than 3 years. It's such a great help, and that's basically the reason to why Yeri is staying with Jungkook regardless how messed up their marriage is. 

She feels like she owe something to him, and the only thing she can do to pay for it was helping him with his status, acting as a perfect wife, making him breakfast, attending events for him, and stuff like that.

It's not a secret that Jungkook gained lots of good things from her excellence performance as his wife.

 

"I don't really care."

 

Yeri drag her suitcase, and entering the house while walking to her room, her old room. Place where everything from her past kept as memories.

She opens the door, and the room feels so small now.

She's standing in front of her desk, there's a picture of her with Jungkook from 8 years ago, her high school graduation day. That was the first time she met him. A young, fun, stupid Jeon Jungkook.

There's tons of pain and sadness when she stared at his awkward face on that picture. It feels like she's staring at a dead person. 

Jungkook from back then was gone forever. The one she saw this morning was someone else, a completely different soul.

 

***

 

"Good morning, Mr. Jeon."

 

Jieun is totally shocked when Jungkook coming to work with a very dark expression, he's throwing his bag as soon as he enters his office. He looked very angry. She takes her phone and immediately calling some people to inform them about his mood.

Nobody is safe.

 

She saw Jungkook is sitting on his chair leaning his head, and closing his eyes, looked like he's going to take a nap and that means the meeting for this morning should get cancelled right away.


 



at one time...

Jungkook was dragged to be here, it's really annoying that he needs to deal with this after a long session of lecture on college yesterday. It’s just a few weeks after he’s back from his short overseas study and he has no choice but to enroll in another one. This is the only thing that could save his life.

 

"It's my graduation. It's only happening once in my lifetime."

 

Jooyoung, his brother, 2 years younger and lowkey his enemy said that.

 

He followed both of his parents out from the car. He walked slowly while watching his surroundings. It's really crowded.

He decided to take a seat in one of the parks near where his brother talking with his friends when someone suddenly holding his arms.

 

"I'm sorry, sir. Excuse me."

 

He turned his face and a student is holding his arms, she's wearing a uniform and having a flower bucket on her hands, obviously she's graduating today.

 

"We needs to take pictures with every teacher, for our yearbook."

 

He looks at her confused because she is serious with what she said. A teacher? 

He doesn't look that old to be mistaken as a teacher.

 

"I'm not.."

 

"You're the last one.."

 

He was stopped from saying anything when she took him closer and another young girl is taking their pictures. It happened really quick, and the girl gave him a smile when they're done.

Things becoming weird when, the girl who took their pictures were laughing at him so does a bunch of people who stand a few meters away from him. It feels like they're mocking him.

 

"What is it?" 

 

He's able to hold the girl's hand before she ran away. She's no longer laughing and her expression turned darker, she got scared.

 

"I'm sorry, but can you let me go?"

 

"Is this a joke? why are you laughing at me, and why does your friends mocking me?"

 

He let her hands go, when she's trying so hard to ditch him. He stares at her really closely so she will know that he won't be happy if she ran away without explanation.

 

"I..I lost a bet with my friends, i need to take a picture with a stranger and they chose you."

 

So annoying. That was inside Jungkook's mind when she told him the truth. These kids were only younger than him by two years but they act like 10 years old. Having no manner and totally disrespectful.

 

"So you do know that I'm not a teacher, right?"

 

"Yes."

 

"What are you going to do if I were a teacher? a new one? I can give you and your friend.."

 

He's quite baffled when the girl is smiling at him, and taking a few steps back, ready to run away from him.

 

"This school don't hire handsome people as a teacher. I know for sure that you're not.."

 

She turned her back and left him after saying weird things like that. She does waving her hands to him after a while and left when her friends showing her the picture taken earlier.

 

Brave and quite pretty, that was his first impression for that girl.

 



 

"Mr. Jeon.."

 

Jungkook heard a knock on his door while he's taking a nap, after all this morning mess, he doesn't really want to do anything, but having a major throwback about Yeri as his dream is also not a good situation. He gets up from his sit and tell Jieun to enter his room.

 

"Sir, Mr. Han from GM law firm called you earlier."

 

Jungkook is familiar with that name, with the law firm too. He can't believe Yeri is acting really fast about this matter.

 

"I don't want to take any call from him."

 

"I understand sir."

 

"Is there anything else?"

 

"I tried to call Mrs. Jeon about this but she's not picking up since this morning, it's about the event for this weekend, she was invited and..."

 

"I'll talk to her, give me all the paperwork."

 

"How is she, sir?"

 

Jieun knows something is not right about Yeri. It's probably about her health or something else, but Jungkook been acting weird today too. And all of this must be connected.

 

"I mean..is she sick or anything? last night at the party.."

 

"She is fine."

 

"Alright, sure. I'll get going then."

 

He shut her off. That means he doesn't want to talk about this at all. Jungkook used to be bright, strict but also happy..before two years ago. She doesn't know what was going on, but both Yeri and Jungkook is becoming a different person.

Yeri used to come here with homemade lunch or simply saying hello to his husband, but she never done any of it again these days. She knows about her losing her dad around that time, but she wasn't expecting that Yeri could get affected that bad. 

 




 

Oh..thank you for the welcoming words.

idk that people actually waiting my pieces of story..

Thanks again for reading.

I'll try to update this one regularly <3