CH : 20

AQUIVER

Jaein knows what he did is already overboard, but he can not help it. Yeri called him this morning about proceeding to her divorce immediately, but there is something bothering him. That’s why he asked Jungkook to meet him here. 

 

“I told you, you just need to deal with my lawyer.” 

 

He came to him with a sour expression, he looked stressed too.

 

“I didn’t come here as your wife’s lawyer. I came here as her best friend.”

 

He’s really not appreciating what he said because he ignores him while playing with his phone. He also does nothing until Jungkook finished and finally lifted his face to him.

 

“What do you want?”

 

“She is not well, Mr. Jeon.”

 

Jungkook knows what Jaein means with that, last night he said something bad to her and this morning he can see how much Yeri hurt by it. It was never his intention. What happened in the past can not be changed.
 

“Does she always coming to you everytime she has a problem with me?”

 

He knows the fact that Jaein is the one who always stay with Yeri for the past two years. He already lost count for how many times he’s annoyed by his existence.

 

“She never came to me two years ago.”

 

Jaein is being totally sarcastic and he notices. He’s like telling him that Yeri has no choice because of him who is not good enough as a husband.

 

“I’m not calling you here to talk about what happened in the past. Nothing can be done from that, i’m here to discuss about what is going on right now..”

 

“And what is going on right now?”

 

“Yeri came to me last night asking me to cancel the divorce but she called me this morning to proceed with that. She’s making a decision abruptly..i’m not sure why but..”

 

Jungkook is looking at Jaein confused, last night? Yeri was angry at him because of the conversation he had with Jooyoung. Did she came for him because she doesn’t want a divorce, but changed her mind after hearing things about Chaerin?

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

"That's what i know. The rest is for you to figure it out."

 

Jungkook been trying to figure things out for almost a week, but he always distracted by work, and thought that Jaein was talking nonsense. But after he spent time with Yeri knowing she will leave. His heart won't just settle to her absence. He can not accept it and he knows Yeri feels the same thing. She has her own doubt for leaving.

So here he is right now. Trying to figure things out again.

 




 

 

Yeri is not surprise that Jaein did that, he is the one who always asked her to make decisions with a healthy mind instead of rushing it everytime she is feeling emotional.

But again, Jungkook has no right to talk about this like he is not the one who came to her granted her a divorce when the only thing she did was trying to make things work between them.

 

“You are the one who gave me no chance to explain myself. You are the one who wanted to part ways because I'm a shameless gold digger, you said it yourself..”

 

So she used that as the last defence.

 

“I was mad at you. I said that because I was mad.”

 

“You came to me 5 weeks after that with a divorce paper. It was not happened because you were mad at me.”

 

“That’s because...i was told about how much you suffered as my wife for the past two years, I thought that was what you needed to be happy so I let you go. I was mad for what you did but i wasn’t mad enough to grant you a divorce!”

 

Jungkook thought about it a lot, for a million times, he was totally mad and disappointed with Yeri but also willing to ignore the fact that she used him as long as she doesn’t leave.

He needs her so much that he was going to let her taking benefit and advantages from him for the rest of his life. That’s what happened before he met Jaein when he heard about how Yeri always asking him to help her for a divorce. About how many times she cried, how many times she got sick and tired of this marriage and him..and he remembers how much he ignores all her needs and put himself above her because of what happened in the past. 

He was a jerk and if Yeri want to run away from him, letting her go is the only thing he can do for her in the name of love.

 

“If you still want me, I don't care if you’re drying out all my fortune for your own benefit, I just want you to stay.”

 

Yeri is trying so hard to not giving in to Jungkook, no matter what he said, because the problem is not just that right now. She has a kid, his kid, Mrs. Jeon and Jooyoung knew about it and even threatened her for it. 

 

“It is too late. I made my decision already and the only choice you have right now is to live your life without me. “

 

“And I made decision to not giving up on you.”

 

“You are making it harder for me!”

 

“Then tell me the truth!”

 

Yeri is totally defeated when Jungkook is talking to her with so much confidence, he is so sure that she is lying about her leaving and he is right, she is totally hiding such a big lie which can not even be excused if he ever find out.

 

“I left because your mother promised me to letting go of you..i want you to have a life..a different one, better than this messy life you have right now.”

 

She talks slowly while covering her face, telling him a little part of the truth will make him stop doubting her.

 

“You don’t have to do that.”

 

She’s opening her eyes with Jungkook who’s already in front of her and there is a disappointment on his eyes but also relieves. 

 

“If that was the real reason to why you are leaving me, then don’t.. I rather have you in this messy life.”

 

“You don’t understand.”

 

“I do.”

 

“They have plans to ruin you, and they will keep doing that if i’m here. You will have nothing to lose when i’m gone, you will be able to fight them freely until you get what you want if i’m not here blocking your way and treated as a weapon against you...”

 

Jungkook is gathering tons of courage to go for a kiss because he can not let Yeri think that he is not serious with what he said. 

Of course he gets worried if what he’s doing is pissing her off even more..but judging from how she’s not reacting excessively is a prove that their feeling is mutual. She did lie about her reason to leave, and she also lie about never care for him genuinely. It was love that brings them together, no matter how many hidden agenda behind it.

 

“If you still want me to be with you, say it. I’ll try to make everything work, my family and anything else is just a little part of my life, you are the whole of it.”

 

It will be an easy yes if the situation was not complicated as right now. Yeri close her eyes and pulled herself from Jungkook and his kisses while staring at him who is totally serious with what he said. 

 

Telling him no will just makes Jungkook even more suspicious with her lie, she knows he won’t let her go so easy. So she gave him a smile and a little nod. His expression is becoming brighter and he takes her for a tight hug all around her tiny body.

 

“Thank you.”

 

There is no other words Yeri deserved other than that, so he keeps saying that to her without letting her go. She is the one who’s freeing herself from his embrace and staring at him with a smile. So beautiful and endearing.

 

“I still need to go tomorrow, i went there for work at first, so there are things I need to work on.”

 

“No, you don’t.”

 

Jungkook is wiping her tears with his hands and he looked totally confused while shaking his head when she said that. 

 

“I’ll be working there.”

 

“I’m the head of that company, I can change things.”

 

Yeri is laughing at what he said while walking away from him and dragging her suitcase from her room. 

 

“I’ll unpack this and take few clothes only.”

 

“Yeri-ya..”

 

“I will be fine, I don't want to give any reason for your mother or Jooyoung to drag me because of this.”

 

She has a point. It’s a day minus one and everything for her is already settled. Job, place to live, people to take care of. No one will be happy knowing her abruptly cancelled plan.

 

“Give me three days and i’ll take care of everything, you can go back here and stay like before.”

 

“Three days?”

 

She’s looking at him with a smile, and laugh after that, while opening her suitcase and taking a few clothes out from it. His eyes catching a huge bag of vitamins and medicine that she unpack. She doesn’t usually taking care of her body that much. That is weird.

 

“No, two will do.”

 

“Don’t be ridiculous..I will need one week at least for people to notice my work.”

 

He’s helping her with her stuff, but she’s quick to hide the suspicious bag from earlier.

 

“Why do you have so many pills?”

 

So he decides to ignore her and seeking for an answer to cure his suspicion.

 

“You are not sick, are you?”

 

Yeri is giving him a pat on his shoulder and a smile while closing her much smaller backpack.

 

“No, I will tell you if I was sick. I need money to receive treatment, and i’ll come to you first, I promise.”

 

She gives him a hug and patting her back while saying that, it’s clear that she wants him to stop talking about this in general, but still..one week. He can’t afford it. Especially after seeing how her situation is so full with uncertainty. He can see it from her eyes and from the way she acts.

 

“Three days and i will drag you here if you won’t come back.”

 

“You know I never listened to you since the first time we met until…”

 

He’s hugging her tighter and this is really a desperate attempt from his side. And he knows she is totally aware about it too.

 

“I beg you for this one time only..”

 

Since the beginning of their relationship, three years of their marriage, the one time he ever begged was back then after Chaerin died and Yeri refused to see him. And he did that without saying any words to her, so.. seeing him on his state like this is definitely something new for Yeri..and she doesn’t know how to respond to him.

She needs to leave, no matter what they did and what they said to each other tonight. Her leaving is already something she can not change. She’s just doing this and giving up on him so Jungkook won’t find out about the real situation..

It is not fair for him, but this is better than to deal with this while Mrs. Jeon, Jooyoung, and the mess of Jeon family surrounding them.

 

“You don’t need to beg, i will be supporting you no matter what.”

 

Yeri is letting him go and caressing his back and place her hands on his chest, rubbing it to make him feel better and calmer. 

 

“It’s two hours flight.”

 

Jungkook knows that Yeri is getting too tired, talking about this, she is right, it’s two hours flight, he can just let her go and taking the next flight to chase her and stay with her for as long as she wanted. Jieun won’t be happy because he will be neglecting his work, and his reputation is also at stake, but he has priorities and Yeri is up there, on the top of his list for now.

 

“Fine. I’ll sleep here and take you to the airport tomorrow morning.”

 

“Sounds good for me.”

 

****
 

Yeri don’t want to stay or sleep in their bedroom and insist to spend the night at their living room instead. He compile to her request of course, anything she wanted and needs.

The only job left for him is to fulfill everything without fail, for the rest of his life just like how he promised everyone at their wedding day three years ago.

 

“Do you like this house?”

 

Yeri can not sleep at all, even though her husband is already trying to make this cold living room into something warm enough for her to sleep, she just can’t close her eyes.

 

“I don’t know.”

 

So when Jungkook notice and trying to make conversation with her, she can answer it clearly.

This house is pretty, and luxurious. The huge window that they watched right now offering them a total panorama view but the vibe of this house is never good for her. Maybe because of what happened for the past few years.

 

“What about finding a new place to live?”

 

“Where?”

 

“Your pick.”

 

She looked up to him and he seems serious about his offers. 

 

“I like the place where we went for a trip before. But you can’t live there, right? Since you have to work and stuff.”

 

“I hate that place, maybe more than i hate this one.”

 

“Why?” 

 

They only ever have good memories over there, so it’s kinda baffled her to hear that Jungkook hate that place.

 

“I went there for so many times every time i had troubles. It’s like that place is a burial for all my messy life i went through before i met you.”

 

“Then why did you bring me there?”

 

“I thought that you will also become a part of my messy life before I move on to another…”

 

Jungkook stopped his words when Yeri is no longer linking her arms on his waist and looking up to him with a confused stare. She seems surprised and disapproving with what he said.

 

“Back then, i never knew that i will be staying here with that one girl I took for a short date on that place, hugging her tightly and wishing her life to always full with happiness..”

 

She’s laughing at him for saying that cheesy ments and back to laying down next to him.

 

“Just how many girls you brought to that place..”

 

“One.”

 

It’s only Yeri. He’s not lying.

 

He remembers telling himself that Yeri is probably different than every other woman he ever met, and he told himself to be careful while interacting with her because he likes her that much. 

 

“The purpose I'm taking you to that place was...i want to spend more time with you but also  prepare for the worst turn out i can imagine about you.”

 

“The worst turn out like?”

 

“Like you are running away from me and i’ll be broken hearted, stress, feeling unwanted, and…”

 

"I ran away."

 

Yeri is getting up from lying down and now sitting on the couch because seems like sleep is no longer her choice for tonight.

 

"That was the first time I feel so devastated, I usually get angry or annoyed when people leaves me, but i was just really sad that day."

 

Yeri is laughing because she remembers all the time Jungkook spent to bring her back after that one date. He works so hard to see her even though she keeps avoiding him. 

 

"I worked hard, no?"

 

He ask her that while getting up and bring himself closer to her.

 

"Isn't that because you need me to help you get away from your family?"

 

"No, I didn't even know you are capable. I just like you so much to the point that I'm throwing my pride and chasing you like a puppy." 

 

"You kept following me around that's annoying."

 

She turned her face to him because it does bring back memories. Jungkook who came to her after college almost everyday, trying to talk with her and sometimes getting mad at her while questioning her why she ran away and what mistakes he committed so he can fix it for her.

 

"I think that's why I was so disappointed when our marriage turns into hell and we treated each other like strangers, because you were so eager to have me and one day, you just stop caring about me.."

 

"I am sorry for that. I know I was a jerk…"

 

"So do i. We both a jerk and that's why we suffered."

 

Yeri can not let Jungkook take all the blame when she knows that she's not any better than him. He's not correcting her and simply nodding his head which means that he also agrees. He gives her a smile and Yeri takes him closer for a kiss. He's a little bit taken aback but manage to wrapping his arms around her and receiving all the affection she has for him really well.

 

"You must know that everything I do from now on...I do it because I care for you."

 

Yeri is stopping the kiss abruptly before she said that while holding his face and staring down. He can not help but feels a little bit wary over this.

 

"I know. It's the same for me too. You are my first priority.."

 

He's still not finish his words but Yeri already giving him a hug and bury herself on his embrace just like how she used to do every time she tries to get away from his nagging.

 

"We need to sleep, my flight is early tomorrow."

 

That's the last thing she said to him before she lays down again, linking her arms around his waist and closes her eyes. 

 



 

Jungkook woken up by his own phone alarm he set the night before so he and Yeri won't be late for the flight. 

 

"Yeri-ya? Are you ready?"

 

He thought that Yeri is already preparing because she's no longer next to him and the only thing he finds is her blanket. No answer.

 

He gets up and looking around when he realized that Yeri's suitcase is no longer here. . It's all gone.

He had this uneasy feeling since last night but he tried to trust Yeri, he still knows her really well with the fact that she left without any words. He must be not enough for her.

He's trying to call her while wearing his jacket and searching for his car keys. He can still catch up with her flight if he went to the airport right away.

His eyes are stopped by a small bag of Yeri's medicine that she unpack last night, the suspicious one. He takes it in one movement before he's out from the door and running hard.

 

"I need one flight ticket to Japan, same flight with my wife or the one right after that. Send me the ticket via email immediately."

 

Jungkook still able to call Jieun, and ask for her help regarding his travel plans.

 

"What's going on, Mr. Jeon?"

 

"I'm going away with her. Just help me with that."

 

"Alright, i understand, sir."

 

The phone call ended and he's driving like a mad man now. Early morning is already a rush hour so he spent lots of time finding a less crowded road.

 

10 minutes letter, Jieun send him email about his flight ticket, the exact same one with Yeri. And he feels totally relieved. The only problem he has by now, is to reach the airport before boarding time closed. He still has an hour, and that is enough for him to get there. It must be enough.