CH : 27

AQUIVER

Heejun prefer to not knowing why Yeri called Jungkook as friend from work and why both of them doesn't want him to know about their relationship. But it's hard to pretend when everything was so obvious. A year as a boyfriend, there were times when he wanted to know about Yeri and her failed marriage. He worked hard and even though he only gets a little part of that story. He knows who is Yeri's ex husband, at least his name and his age was easy to find. He never asked Yeri because she doesn't like to talk about this, he just doesn't know why.

 



 

 

Yeri is watching Jungkook walking outside and still hesitant to talk to him. He came here without his fancy car because he went straight out from the building while walking with hands in his pocket, he dragged his coat on his arms, so she decided to catch up with him.

 

"Why don't you bring your car?"

 

Jungkook finally realized Yeri is walking with him when she talked. He's glancing at her but refused to give her any attention or answers. He was ruined by what she did and she still has guts to talk with that friendly and pretty face like this is their first meeting.

 

"Did you enjoy your dinner?"

She asked him another question and when she received no answer, Yeri is being blunt to hold his arms and makes him stopped.

 

"I'm happy to see you again."

 

Jungkook find the whole thing is ridiculous. He still remembers all the divorce procedure he needs to get through two years ago. And his life after she left was a complete mess..
 

Having a new fiancee is another story but Yeri wasn't even trying to makes his life without her better, she's just making it worse for giving that stupid long letter to him. She's controlling him like she is still his wife for the past two years.

 

"I don't have a car right now. I didn't enjoy my dinner because your boyfriend keep asking me questions..and No, I'm not happy, seeing you again."

 

Yeri is not talking.. only her eyes is staring at him, teary. And he knows she'll cry in seconds.

 

"You are crying again.. Old habits are hard to die right?"

 

Jungkook is still not budging when Yeri's tears begin to show and she starts to cry even harder while trying to cover her face. In the middle of the street, making him baffled and confused.

 

"I'm so glad..things are going well for you..i heard lots of unfortunate things about you and i.."

 

She talks to him in the middle of her crying while sometimes stopping her words to calming herself. She looks like a kid and it's funny that he actually miss Yeri who's behaving like this too. It was nice to see her again, real, in front of him as a real thing and not just his imagination.

 

"Having one simple job doesn't mean things are going well for me. My life was a mess, and it's still a mess because of you."

 

Yeri feels bad right away when she heard that. She's crying even harder because she feels sorry.

 

"Come to the office tomorrow.."

 

"I didn't pass the interview."

 

"I'll make you pass."

 

"No.."

 

"That guy seems nice. So much better than me, it's not good if he knew you were lying. Just come and bring your portfolio. 8 AM."

 

Jungkook is leaving her right after he said that. He walks really fast on purpose so she won't be following him again. He became so much warm and friendly than two years ago, but still annoying to some extent.

She found herself smiling as she's watching him gone from her sight. It really is nice to see him again when she's feeling ok, and not crazy.


 

*****

 

Yeri is coming according to what Jungkook said next morning because, she agreed with him about not letting Heejun know that she's lying.

She was escorted by the receptionist from yesterday, straight into a meeting room, when Jungkook and few people are already there.

 

"We can't do it Mr. Jeon.. She didn't pass the interview."

 

"I know. But i like her portfolio."

 

Yeri is surprised that Jungkook already have her portfolio on the screen from his laptop as presentation.

 

"Mr. Jeon, i'm really sorry but you're also working here. I don't know what you have before this but this is not your company, we can make you fired if you act so cocky like this."

 

Jungkook's face turns red immediately when someone is talking to him rudely. Yeri thought he was going to make a fuss, but he said nothing and bow his head as he closes his laptop.

This is a totally new thing for her, when she usually see him as the head of everything humiliating people and not receive this kind of treatment from anyone.

He looked surprised too..and uncomfortable.

 

"Meeting dismissed. I'm sorry to make you coming here, Kim Yeri-ssi. But this is not how we're doing business."

 

One female from the team gets up first and talk to her in so much hatred. She does nothing but nod her head because well..of course she know basic things like this.

 

"Report to my office, an hour from now, Mr. Jeon..."

 

She proceeded to talk to Jungkook without sparing him a glance. It's so obvious that she is his boss no matter how she sees it.

Yeri is helping him to cleaning up the table, and she knows Jungkook is not in a good mood right now.

 

"It's ok, i have no expectation anyway."

 

"That's humiliating."

 

"No it wasn't. This is how we, a commoner life our live Mr. Jeon."

 

"You act like i'm not one"

 

"You were not."

 

"I am now, thanks to you."

 

They finished cleaning up and Yeri doesn't know what to say to him. Because the last time she sees him was her being sick, stressed, depressed, crazy, she said so many bad and hurtful things to him, lied to him about the divorce, ran away, leaving him without even considering his well being when she knows Jungkook's condition also far from good.

 

"I'll buy you lunch.."

 

So she decided to fix everything slowly. Jungkook is totally not impressed by what she did because he's laughing, mocking her and rolling his eyes.

 

"Why would you do that?"

 

"I have something to tell you."

 

"I'm busy."

 

He left her right away without even looking at her back. He is cold.
 

Yeri decided to wait for him until lunch time because it won't be long anyway. She really wanted to explain herself, because knowing Jungkook is back and they will probably crossed fate again sometimes. And also Heejun knows him, it's probably better to tell him the truth but she can't do it when Jungkook still sees her as his life ruiner.

 

****

 

Jungkook is completely exhausted. These peoples, clients and his boss are completely treated him as a trash. They rejected every single proposal and samples he made.

None of them giving any constructive criticism, they only called it as trash and told him to re-do everything. He never treated like this before when he's still working for his dad.

 

"I probably treated someone like this before.."

 

But after thinking about it for some time, he finally realized that this was probably not exclusively his life. He remembers how many times he lashed out to Jieun or to his staff, without even giving them a way out.

Just like what Yeri said earlier, this is the commoner life. It's actually annoying but so much better than his old fancy life where everything looks perfect but rotten on the inside.
 

He watched people walking outside their cubicles together, and realized that this is lunch time. He usually have people serving him all the time, all his life, so this is such a new thing to actually eat with a bunch of people he secretly hates, pretending to be friendly knowing that they've been trashing him behind his back.

Weird but seems worthy to try.

He's out from his office, and walk together with the wave of people, smiling at them and it's honestly feels good to actually experiencing this.

 

"There he is."

 

Yeri finally manage to find Jungkook in the middle of others, he's tall, handsome and definitely stand out for looking so expensive. She walks to his direction but stopped when she find him talking to a few people with a smile on his face, discussing about where he should eat..and walk with them outside talking about cliche and light topics.
 

He looked so happy and she doesn't want to ruin it.

She finds herself watching him till he's gone with teary eyes. She feels so proud and happy, even though she's not sure why dealing with this Jungkook feels like a whole new experience for her.

She decided to leave after asking the front office regarding the work hour, she was told that employees usually coming out at 7PM.

 

"I'll just wait."

 

Normal people will think that waiting for hours to see your ex-husband is beyond stupid, but Yeri is having no problem with that. She just need to see him.

 


 

 

"Mr. Jeon."

 

Jungkook is completely immersed by his job today because he doesn't want to get bullied again tomorrow, he passed his work hours and security needs to tell him about that.

 

"If you want to work more, you can do it at the conference room, i need to lock this one. Mrs. Kim's order."

 

"Right. I forgot, I'll just go home."

 

He's turning off his computer, packing his bag and his glasses, greets the security and walk out from his office to the lobby. It's almost 10 PM, but he doesn't feel exhausted at all. Going back to work and being busy is probably the best choice he ever had to live his life these days.

 

"If she was 13 years old, you can give her something like this.."

 

Jungkook stopped from his walk when he heard a very familiar bright voice with a giggles at the front lobby. He searches for the source and he finds Yeri is there, talking with one security while making some kind of drawing, a dress, in a used brochure.

 

"Your drawing is great.."

 

"I have a degree for this.."

 

She smiles a lot and Jungkook feels better knowing Yeri and her life turns into something good. He is glad, she can still be able to live her life according to what she wanted.

 

"Oh..he's here, good night."

 

He's quickly move his focus from her to his bag when she realized his existence.

 

"You are coming home so late."

 

She talks while walking to him in a tiny high heels, still with her outfit from this morning. Her makeup is already toned down and her hair is no longer as great as before, but still very pretty on his eyes.

 

"What are you doing?"

 

She flinched and blinking her eyes when he's talking to her in a rude way. But Yeri seems getting used to it, she doesn't mad.

 

"I told you, I want to talk."

 

"I have nothing to talk with you."

 

Jungkook is walking fast trying to leave her behind but Yeri still manage to catch him until she blocked his way.

 

"Please."

 

"Are you crazy? why do you think that you came to me like we're friends makes sense after what happened?"

 

"It doesn't. That's why I want a chance to explain myself."

 

Yeri is trying to hold his arms but Jungkook tossed her hands away.

He's continued to walk out from the building and trying to find his car at the parking lot. She watched him and begin to think if chasing him for a chance to talk is a good idea or not.

She's contemplating about it for a while until she made a decision that it's worthy.

 

"I want to talk."

 

***
 

Yeri is completely surprised by what she did when she gets inside Jungkook's car, wear its seat belt and doesn't say a thing when Jungkook ignore her and drive his car away. She doesn't even know where he's going to take her. She’s only stealing glances as he drives without any word.

The drive feels long because Yeri is nervous and uncomfortable, she can finally breathe when the car finally stopped in a simple home, not an apartment but a home with a garden on it. Not big but enough for a family to live here. She watched Jungkook out from his car and immediately following him when he gets inside the house.

 

"Do you live here now?"
 

She asked that question because the house is completely smells like Jungkook, the wooden floors, his favorite room freshener, everything totally felt like him.

 

"I can't afford to live on that kind apartment again."

 

Well, obviously.

 

"This is nice. I like it better than that house."

 

Yeri closed right away when Jungkook is glaring at her, of course, why her opinions matter about where he lives.

 

"Sorry."

 

Jungkook is ignoring her apology and went straight to his room, putting his bag and his coat and back to her wearing his shirt only and opening his fridge. Watching all this things is really bring back memories, she doesn't know whether it was good or bad, but it does feel like she gained something she lost.

 

"Do you have that one lemon juice brand.."

 

She's following him to his kitchen while trying to take a glimpse of his fridge but stopped when he close it and give her one bottle of cold water while opening one can of juice she asked earlier for himself. Rude, really rude.

 

"So..childish." She said it while mumbling.

 

"It's late and I'm tired, so.. talk quickly."

 

He takes a seat in front of her, while staring at her eyes deeply. The big doe eyes that usually become her weakness.

 

"I..I'm sorry. From the bottom of my heart, I really want to apologize for what I did, what I said, for divorcing you and leaving you behind.."

 

"For..being so cruel and inconsiderate over my feelings and my life.."

 

She lifted her face to him when Jungkook suddenly cut her words. There are so much sarcasm on his talk, but he's not wrong.

 

"That too. I'm really sorry."

 

She's slightly bowing her head to him and takes a deep breath after, but Jungkook is doing nothing but smirking at her and walk back to his room. She watched the door until he comes back with a piece of paper on his hands.

 

"You should be ashamed of yourself for writing this."

 

He slammed the paper to the table and Yeri can't help but feeling nervous, a little bit scared and of course ashamed.

 

"I am."

 

"Read it for me, out loud. I always wanted to hear you say these things in front of my face, and not acting like a coward."

 

"I can't.."

 

Yeri begins to shed tears as Jungkook keeps pushing her about this. He feels bad but he can not help, if Yeri wanted to deal with him then she needs to fix this first.

 

"Why?"

 

"I...i was sick, i was crazy, stupid. Back then the only thing i wanted is to stay away from you.."

 

"You are the biggest mistakes i ever made on my life.."

 

Yeri close her eyes when Jungkook is the one who read the letter out loud. He sounds totally not happy with this.

 

"You wrote that. Even when you know that I left you because I love you and I don't want you to get hurt, you said that I was nothing but a mistake. You told me to never ever find you again because you hate me so much for ruining your life. Even when I feel like I'm going to die if I don't see you, I held everything in because you wrote that!"

 

Jungkook been waiting to say this for two years, to confront Yeri about why would she treated him like that. It was completely bad given with how their circumstances back then, when he also needs support to went through everything yet Yeri is throwing him out. A divorce is a divorce, but she can still be there to help him instead of going away and told him those words.
 

He watched Yeri wipe her tears and judging from how she's staying silent about this is enough for him to know that she is aware of the consequences he need to face because of what she did. She knows that his life is ruined, that he was hurt and lost.

 

"I don't know what you’re expecting, but everything is done for me, Yeri-ssi. I'm glad that you have the life you wanted right now even when i need to went through hell because of it. I'll just take it as a payback for what I've done to you before this. We're even now, you don't need to feel bad or.."

 

"I can't read that letter because it wasn't true. Everything I wrote on that, none of it was true."
 

Yeri has no plans to tell Jungkook about this before, but she can not bear to lie to him or herself about what was going on. He was hurt but so does she.

 

"I..the doctor told me that I was depressed at that time. Everytime i look at you, i keep reminded to..the way i tried to kill you.. to the baby that i lost..i wanted to die instead of having this guilty feelings to you.."

 

She's closing her eyes and remembering every single day after she left Jungkook on her memories. How she can not resist the feeling of wanting to disappear because she did so much wrongdoings to Jungkook. The only choice she left was leaving and not let Jungkook see her ever again, because his existence just making her feels sorry and unworthy of this live, when she killed his child or put him in danger.

 

"Even if you thought that your life was ruined because of me and you need me. It was worse for me because my life is also ruined but i can't stay with you because it's ruining me even more. I was so ashamed for what i did, i was angry at myself, not you."

 

Jungkook started to get really confused after hearing what Yeri said. That's not what he knows, the only thing he knows was her lying to him only for him to grant her a divorce and no matter how much she's aware how he suffered, she’s gone after throwing him away and stop caring for him.

 

"I want to hug you, I want to care for you but i wasn't confidence that i'm capable to do that. I was afraid that I will hurt you even more for staying in such horrible condition.."

 

He takes a step back, and even though what Yeri said is the truth, he still can not accept it.

 

"I said this to you before, you're always taking a decision without considering me as your husband.."

 

"Let's say that I told you I was crazy and I told you to stay away from me with or without a divorce, will you listen to me? No, you won't! You'll always trying to find your way to me because you need me, without even considering what i need. You're selfish like that!"

 

Yeri is talking with so much force, that she was screaming at Jungkook. He seems taken aback, and that's the warning, things won't be good if they keep doing this just like the old times.
 

They're just going to say hurtful things to each other again and ended up with a scar. So she takes her bag while passing by Jungkook who's still stands near her, wiping her tears and ready to go out.

 

"I'm sorry for everything. I mean it."

She said those words to him before opening the door but stopped when she find Jungkook is laughing while staring at the floor.

 

"Even this kind of hurtful things you said to me, all your rage and insults you gave me. I missed it. That’s how much I ruined, I should've hate you and lost my feelings for you but i don’t.."

 

He walks to her and Yeri can not help but find everything is nerve wracking.

Jungkook is someone she doesn't see for the past two years, but everything..feels like something that Yeri can not lose. The fight, the arguments, him, she's already getting so used to it, even when it hurts like right now.

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"if what you said was true..then why did you do that to me?"

 

Yeri is definitely cornered when Jungkook keeps getting closer to her and block her way to the door. He's completely not pleased with the situation.

 

"That's because.. I love you so much, I don't want to burden you."

 

It's a stupid thing to say after two years. But that's the truth, no matter how twisted it was. That was the truth he needs to face. That Yeri is making a decision for him again, that she's doing this because she loves him and she wants him to have a life where it wasn't centered on her who's clearly was not good enough for him.

 

"Did you, really?"

 

Jungkook doesn't know how many times in his life that he heard Yeri told him about how much she loves him but doing the opposites. He is a jerk and selfish but she's no better than him.

He was going to open the door for her and told her to leave because talking about this right now is useless, no matter how he missed her and wanting her back, moving on is the only choice they have.

 

"Leave.."  He said it in a very low and deep voice because he's not even sure if that's what he wants.


Yeri is looking up at him, still with her teary eye and tip-toeing to give him one kiss.

A total wrong move if what she wanted was a closure, because with that only Jungkook feels like he lost all the defences, all the hatred he keeps for two years after Yeri left is gone in seconds.

 

Yeri is reaching the door knowing the kiss she gave Jungkook was a mistake and she’s feeling stupid after doing it. She wants to get out quick, but Jungkook hold her hands and lock the door immediately, his eyes are not moving from hers. There are so many things she wanted to say but no words coming out from .
 

Even when Jungkook is pulling her closer and kiss her with the way he always does, she said nothing and do nothing. Only her mind is busy remembering all the things she has with Jungkook before.

 

"You're still using that mint-flavored lip balm.."

 

Yeri find her hands is already on Jungkook's shoulder, holding his shirt tight when he stopped and talking about her lip balm with a smirk. She does nothing but stare at him with awe because how he can make her heart flutter like this after a long time.
 

While it is true that the divorce happened not because they started to hate each other, but it did happened. Jungkook is a stranger for her now and letting him do this is stupid.

 

****
 

It does feels the same, kissing Yeri, she is different from the one he knew before. But something is not changing at all, her hair is probably shorter, turns into brown instead of black, she's becoming smaller, older, but for him she's still Yeri who's coming to him for a punishment  picture 10 years ago.

It's totally relieving that Yeri is the one who moves him closer and kissing him again, placing her hand on his back instead of his shoulder, he thought a slap or her cursing him would be her feedback to him for doing this, but he is glad that it is not.
 

Yeri is still doing nothing when Jungkook using his hands to grab her hair and bring her face closer to him, giving her a much deeper kiss and being demanded about it, she's still able to scan her surroundings when they're no longer standing near the door but moving a few steps to the living room.

Jungkook, all his affections and lusts is something that she used to deal with for years, handling this is supposed to be easy, but it is not. She's completely and totally owned by him, even when he's no longer kissing her lips only but her cheeks, necks , ears.

 

"Something is breaking."

 

Yeri is able to get back to her senses for briefly when she heard something is cracking when Jungkook takes her to sit on his lap on a wooden chair.
 

She's staring at the bottom of the chair, and a little part of the wood is really cracking. Jungkook seems not bothered by it, because he's still busy trying to kiss her and his hands are busy trying to ing her blouse. She doesn't feel safe about the chair, so she forced him to stop.

 

"Your chair is ruined."

 

Yeri can finally see Jungkook clearly after he stopped, she's sure that she is a mess but so does he, she smiled at him for how ridiculous he looked right now. He's patting her head as she laughs and take her hands slowly before kissing all her fingers.

 

Something shining is blinding her sight and she begin to feel heavy on her heart.

 

"Why?"

Jungkook is a little bit taken aback when Yeri's expression turn darks and she pulled her hands from his grip quickly. She gets up from his lap and start sweeping her hair back, fixing her blouse and looking at him while shaking her head.

 

"This is..wrong."

 

She said nothing further but walking fast to the door and out from his house. He chased her and managed to hold her hands when she reached the front yard.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"I have a life when you are not part of it. I have Heejun. You are.. nobody."

 

He let go of her hands when the talk about Heejun came out.

Right, he met the guy but he doesn't even remember him. Yeri start to cry when she seems lost and frustrated, their conversation ended right away when a taxi passed by the house and she's calling it over to stop.

Yeri feels bad and she can't believe what she did. It was such a stupid thing to do.



People said no matter what happens to a couple who's been through a divorce, if the feelings of care and love is gone, it will never go back. It's totally makes sense, but what happened between Yeri and Jungkook was not like that.

They're still practically in love with each other when they separated. She thought her feelings for him is gone, deducted by times she spent without him, fueled by those horrible memories about him who's hurting her like no one else. She thought she was done, but tonight’s incident prove her another.