CH : 39.5

AQUIVER

Yeri is a little bit frustrated when she can't find Jungkook at all, she's sure he doesn't know that Jooyoung and Mrs. Jeon are leaving, and she wants to let him know. They're family after all, those two are the one who he sees as family for years no matter how toxic their relationship is.

 

"I'm already on my way home, if you can't find him in his room, then i don't know where he is."

 

That's what Jieun told her when she called. His phone is dead, and she knows he's doing this because he doesn't want to deal with her. Which makes sense after what she said to him the last time they met.

 

Yeri is still wearing her short nightgown and her heels when she's searching for Jungkook at the empty hall they used before, no one is here anymore. She looked like a mess, honestly, she cried after talking with Mrs. Jeon earlier, she's tired, stressed, and if people who know her seeing her look like this, they will definitely gossip about that, so she chooses to come to a place where no one will definitely recognize her.

 

****

 

People are looking, totally.

 

The bar of this hotel just started its operation around half an hour ago, right before midnight, she went here because staying alone is not helping her at all, and roaming around will just makes her spotted by others, staying here, watching people live their life while sorting out her thoughts sounds good before, but now when she realized that she's alone, wearing an eye catching outfit, making everyone pay a little bit more attentions to her. She feels uncomfortable. 

 

She chose to stay at the very end of the room, ordering one bottle of drink she used to love when she was young to get drunk.

 

"Can we stay here?"

 

She lifted her face to three young women who already took a stand on her table even before she said yes. They looked very young and happy.

 

"Are you here alone?"

 

One of them is talking to her and she just gives them a simple nod while looking around, avoiding a further conversation. They leave knowing that Yeri is not in a mood to socialize but left their drink on her table, which means that they will be back later. She's looking around again to find something worthy to watch on when she spotted a familiar figure in between a crowded dance floor.

 

"Your drink, enjoy."

 

His fourth drink of tonight, Jungkook won't be a coward and not admitting that he is here to put a pause on his normal life, his encounter with his mom and Yeri earlier  totally makes him realized that he lives his whole life with so many unimportant purpose, he is chasing things that was useless, if he wasn't greedy he probably doesn't need to deal with so many complicated things like right now.

 

He lets out a sigh and is ready to get up from his chair when someone takes an empty spot next to him, a little bit annoying because there are so many chairs and this person decides to take that one, when the only thing he needs is a space for himself.

 

But when he finally tries to walk away, that person is making him stop by holding his hands. Not an unfamiliar touch of course, he knows right away who that person is.

 

"Let's talk."

 

Yeri knows that she is being completely shameless right now, she holds Jungkook's hand really tight to make sure that he won't go anywhere. And it works, he's coming back to sit next to her while asking her to let go of his hands with his eyes, so she did.

 

"Of course you will be here."

 

His words are short but she's sure that's happened because he's mad at her or something. 

 

“I’m here to get drunk, I'm not following you..”

 

“Alright, talk.”

 

His face looked very dark and sad instead of angry. 

 

"Your mom and Jooyoung went to see me.." 

 

There are so many things she wanted to tell him but this one is the most important one.

 

"They said sorry..i forgive them."

 

"Good."

 

Yeri is holding her bottle without saying anything because it is actually hard to act normal when she knows very well that she owes Jungkook an apology and she wants him back.

 

"I did it because you did the same thing for them, when you got hurt so much worse than me."

 

She managed to talk more but got no response, he's just sitting there, playing with his glass and nodding his head lightly, at least he listened to her.

 

"Can we talk somewhere else?"

 

The music is getting loud suddenly that Yeri realized having a serious conversation is not possible here.

 

"Sure, you can come to my office tomorrow, this is not my work hour."

 

"I am not part of your job desk."

 

Jungkook is annoying and drunk. It's obvious for her that the only purpose he's having for doing this to her is because he's not happy with the way she treated him.

 

"Do you want to play one game? I'll talk to you if you win."

 

But it seems like he doesn't really care anymore, he grabs her hands and drags her to an empty pool table and she can't do anything but to follow what he wanted.

****

 

"You're mad at me."

 

She took the stick from him while pushing his shoulder and started to play. She's always been good at this game since she was young, beating him shouldn't be hard.

 

"My turn."

 

But she failed immediately, it was so embarrassing and she said nothing when Jungkook took off his jacket and put it on her shoulder. She stares at him and feels a little bit better that even though he's angry and mad, she's still his number one focus.

She's wearing his jacket with a smile.

 

"You're ." 

 

She can't believe that Jungkook is totally bad at playing this, he is even worse than when they used to play when they were young. She laughed at him because of that, and took the table for her turn again. He just waited for her while he kept on drinking so she took his glass to make him stop.

 

"I can't talk to you, if you're drunk." 

 

She drank everything left on his glass and told him to keep watching her. That drink was too strong for her that she knows Jungkook is here to torture himself.

 

Yeri is purposely playing bad, because that way she will spend more time to see Jungkook who seems less angry at her when they play. She looked happy when she failed her turn.

 

The game ended up after quite some time, she won in the end after so much work, because she was slacking at the beginning.

 

"You're still good." 

 

That's what he said while taking another bottle of drink from the bar and Yeri is following him. She really wants to ask him about what he wanted from her but it's not easy.

 

"You owe me your time."

 

Yeri is losing her smile and takes his drink right away, she gulps everything down in one shot and he knows that she wants him to keep his promise. The last conversation he had with her resulted in nothing but so much pain and stress on him. He doesn't know if he can afford another one.

 

"I want to talk, not here."

 

"Fine."

 

Yeri is the one who dragged him out first. His ear finally finds its peace when he stands in a lobby with a door, there's a balcony out there but Yeri doesn't want to go out, afraid if people will see them. He doesn't have a problem with being seen in such a situation so he forces her to follow him outside. 

 

It's 2 AM in the morning, the wind is super cold and the night is quiet, a perfect situation for serious conversation.

 

They're standing at the edge of the balcony, hands on the handles as they watch what's in front of them, a dark sky with lights from buildings around the city. A pretty decent view.

 

"I'm sorry."

 

He takes a glance at Yeri when she finally talks without looking at him, her eyes are focusing on the view, a smile appears on her face. Pretty.

 

"You did nothing wrong."

 

"I did. That's why you're avoiding me for one whole month."

 

"I thought that's what you wanted."

 

He can see that her face is getting red, she turns her face to him so he does the same thing too. She looked like a hot mess, her dress is short, she's still wearing her high heels and her make up is smeared here and there, her hair is messy but still.. pretty.

 

"I was just trying to respect what you wanted, you pushed me away so many times already and I always asked you back like a little kid to the point that you're tired of my demand.."

 

He's staring at her and it seems like Yeri is aware that he's not telling her the truth, she realized that he's still unable to be honest about his feelings to her.

 

"I’m not mad, I was disappointed."

 

So he decided to come clean about what he felt about her for the past month.

 

"I know. I said so many stupid things."

 

"I was disappointed because what you said was right."

 

"No.. It’s not"

 

She reached for his arms and he stopped her from coming closer because having her on his hand will just change everything he was going to say.

 

"I want this life, with or without you, I want to stay."

 

Yeri feels relieved to actually hear this from him. She knows he wants it, and she is glad that he is being honest about it.

 

 "I don't want you to get hurt, but I can't let go of what I have.."

 

None of them says anything and It's probably because both of them are not completely sober but they actually feel better talking about this in a normal situation, because that would be hard.

 

"This is the only thing I've ever done my whole life."

 

Jungkook talked while still focusing his eyes to a night view in front of him and he can see Yeri is smiling after hearing that. She doesn't look angry, sad, or anything. She put her hands to her head and tidied up her messy hair while looking at him from the side.

 

“I can’t promise you anything, afraid if I want to stay for a very long time."

 

She's not responding to any of his words so he holds her shoulder and takes her closer to him. She's leaning her head on him while still watching what's in front of them.

 

"You deserved your own life, a life where you can focus on what you wanted instead of what I wanted."

 

He's letting her go. 

 

Yeri is drunk but she completely understands that Jungkook basically told her to live her life in a separate way from him. He stopped chasing her.

 

She was away from him for two years after their divorce but not even a day she's able to have him out of her thoughts. She spent so many times with him, years of her youth. He was her first of everything, he taught her about living a life, bad and good, she learned everything from him.. and the thought of losing it even when he lets it go without any hatred sounds totally challenging for her. 

 

"You're still 28 years old, you need to become something more than just a wife of someone like me."

 

It's true, Yeri has so much more to do rather than making him breakfast everyday, staying in a hair salon for hours because he needs her to be one of her trophies. She deserves a lot more than that. She finally breaks down into tears after he told her that while squeezing her shoulder tighter. 

 

The reason why Yeri is not denying or begging Jungkook to not push her away is mostly because she's agreeing with what he said, no matter how she acts like she's fine, she actually still doesn't have enough courage and confidence to live her old life. She still gets scared, thinking about having it alone is already making her depressed, she's not even sure what is going to happen when she's actually living on it again. 

 

"I'm really sorry."

 

And she ended up saying sorry to him again, for being so weak and for not trying.

 

"Me too, I’m sorry..for asking you to marry me and for making you live in a hell that I built by my own greed."

 

Seeing Yeri cry is never good for him especially after their divorce when he's falling in love with her every single day, when he feels sorry for her on a daily basis. Just like right now.

He doesn't understand what will happen to him after she's no longer here, but seeing her cry is enough to make him realize that what he's doing is the right thing.

She deserved a better man than him, a better life, a better family, a better husband.

 



 

 

"You can call a room service if you need anything.

 

Yeri has already arrived in front of her room, Jungkook is walking with her without saying anything but now he suddenly talks again. She answered nothing but standing in front of him while staring at the floor because she can't believe that this is real, he's really letting her go.

 

"Are you..going to be ok?"

 

She's asking him that because she knows that Jungkook is always trying to get her back every time she runs away, he said he needs her as a support, and she wants to make sure that he will be fine if she's not here.

 

"I'll take care of everything, our divorce, the media.."

 

"No! I'm asking about you!"

 

Yeri speaks near screaming while holding her room card. Jungkook seems surprised too after she did that. She feels totally angry when he talks about technical procedure but not about his own feelings, she doesn't know why she feels so disappointed and not relieved when he basically does her a favor, maybe.. because she wants him but not every part of him and he refused to give her that. So she became angry at him.

 

"I mean.. you, not you as a CEO or anything, just you.."

 

She manages to speak softer and calmer while slowly lifting her face to him.

 

"I'll know about it when it happens."

 

He talked to her with one smile, a little bit forced.

 

"I've done my practice for a month though."

 

He did.

 

"I won't run away. If you need someone to talk to, you can find me."

 

"Sure."

 

Yeri is already running out of things she could say to Jungkook so she finally turns her back on him. Walking away very slowly from him until she reached her door and now trying to open it, she can't do it because her eyesight is becoming blurry by tears. She takes a deep breath and knowing that Jungkook is still here, watching her, she realized that her heart is hurting, very badly.

 

"You know I'm doing this not because I don't love you anymore, right?"

 

She talked with a thin voice but loud enough for Jungkook to hear so he came closer to her.

 

"I know."

 

He helped her with her door and opened it for her in seconds. Yeri can not hide her tears anymore when he tells her to get some sleep.

 

"I'll ask someone to pick you up.."

 

Jungkook is still not done with what he just said when Yeri is running to him and giving him a hug, she hides her face on his shoulder and tries so hard to stop her tears from showing. He's taking her closer to him, receiving her hug and thinking that this is probably the last time he can do this for her. He keeps holding her until she's the one who let go of him first.

 

Yeri doesn't know what to say anymore and she just said good night to him before entering her room and closing the door.