CH : 3

AQUIVER

 

"He ignores me."

 

Yeri is serving one ice Americano from Jaein who's kindly pay her a visit after she told him about her plan regarding her marriage.

 

"We can get it done faster that way, right?"

 

"Not exactly, there's a procedure both of you needs to follow, and judging from Jungkook been acting, he doesn't want this to happen, obviously."

 

"I know."

 

Yeri is staring at her phone and Jieun is calling her again. There's a message she sent her before. She said that she's not calling her to talk about job or works, she just wants to know her condition after last night. She's been trying to ignore Jieun's phone call since yesterday. Because no matter what she said, it will just her, talk about jobs, work and Jungkook's order. It was like that yesterday too. 

But still.. Yeri is thankful because for the past 2 years Jieun is the only friend she has, she had already cut all ties with her friends, and only talk to them occasionally. She doesn't like receiving questions about what was going on, receiving sympathy and hearing them feeling sorry for her life. She doesn't need it.

 

"Just keep trying and I'm sure he'll get tired real soon."

 

"You know that he hates me, right?"

 

"I know. That's why I keep staying close with you.."

 

"You were not like this before, I mean..Jungkook and you, you were.."

 

"People changed, Mr. Han."

 

"True. I was just never expecting it'll came from you and him."

 

"Me too. I thought i'll never change, but here we are."

 

Yeri spent an hour to talk with Jaein and all the stuff regarding her divorce, her plan, Jungkook, or what can she do to run away from him. 

 

Jaein talked about taking his money through the divorce, but she said no.

She doesn't feel like having it or dealing with it. At all.

 

"Unnie, I'll check the wedding's venue so I'll leave the cafe to you."

 

"Alright, it's closed at 11 PM right?"

 

"Right, 3 hours to go. They won't be too much customer at a time like this, especially on rainy days."

 

Yeri is staring at the window, a heavy rain is happening out there.

 

"Have fun."

 

She waves her hand to her sister and back to her spot, there's two people inside the cafe, having one cup of hot chocolate and vanilla latte, it's obvious they're here, waiting for the rain to stop.

 

The sounds of the bells and opened door distracting her and making her stand from her seat right away. She was going to say the usual welcome greeting but she stopped when she realized who's coming to her right now.

 

Jungkook with his office attire, a little bit damp hair from the rain, his suit is wet on the side, looks like he's wearing no umbrella walking from the parking lot. There is no smile on his face like usual. His eyes are still cold but also tired.

 

He stands in front of her, just like how a customer ordering his coffee. He put a bunch of paper at the counter without saying a word.

 

"You've never been here in years, why now?"

 

She talked to him first.

 

It's the truth, Jungkook never came to her house again after her father died. So this is completely rare.

She opens the documents, and it's all the stuff about an event, the invitation, the brochure, and explanation written by Jieun.

 

"You told me to work."

 

"Call Jieun for the details."

 

"Am i a joke to you?"

 

Yeri put downs all the paper and lift her face to Jungkook who's totally not surprised by her reaction. He's looking around and there's people inside the cafe who's focusing their eyes to him.

 

"call Jieun for the details."

 

"At least you should've paid me for doing this, no?"

 

Yeri talks in a deep tone and her voice is shaking. She is completely angry.

 

"I don't live in your apartment anymore, i'm not using any of your money anymore, I quit."

 

Yeri has teary eyes when she said that. It does bothers him because he doesn't remember when was the last time he saw her cry.

 

"Jungkook-ah!"

 

He watched Yeri close her eyes and start avoiding it when someone is coming from the back, her mother. 

 

It's been a long time since Jungkook saw her, and more than anything he feels bad to actually let her see this side of him, this side of Yeri.

 

He's bowing his head to her really quick and she came to him while reaching for his hand, he takes it and she held it tightly, looked like she already aware about everything that is happening between him and Yeri.

 

"Let's talk outside."

 

He sees Yeri is taking off her apron, throwing it to the table behind her and dragging him away by his hand.

Her mom looked so disappointed when she does that.

 

"It’s raining."

 

"My mom is weak for you, and you know that."

 

Yeri is being completely rude, when she throws Jungkook's hand and let him drenched in the rain. People who watched this scene will know how much she despised him.

 

"What is wrong with you?"

 

Jungkook is not avoiding her hands when he pushed her away, he just looked so confused and dumbfounded. His body is shaking as she's aware how cold the wind is under a heavy rain.

 

Yeri is really hoping for him to leave her alone when she asked him to, but he's not. He just stand in front of her, not running away for a shelter or back to his luxurious car, he just stands there staring at her and making her realize that, this sight of him is familiar to her.

That one day, that one night she wished to never happens.


 



at one time...

"What are you doing here? We're already said goodbye." 

 

Yeri can't believe what she found when someone is ringing her home's bell. It's raining heavily outside, no one will pay a visit to other people's home at horrible weather like this.

 

But here he is, Jeon Jungkook with all his antics and weird behaviour, they were just met a few hours ago, and he told her, he has something to work on, but what is it now?

 

"I've been thinking after some times and.."

 

"Let's just get in first, you'll get sick this way."

 

Whatever words Jungkook was going to say, Yeri couldn't care less about that, seeing him drenched in rain, cold and tired is certainly not a decent sight to see at all. She dragged his hand to the front door of her parent's coffee shop.

 

"I'll take my dad's clothes so you can change yours..."

 

"No, I won't be long, i just want to ask you something."

 

"What is it?"

 

"Will you marry me?"

 


 

"No."

 

Jungkook can see that Yeri's tears finally drop on her cheeks as she answered his question.

 

"Nothing is wrong with me."

 

 She wipes her tears quick and he doesn't know how to react. He already forgot the way to make her stop crying, he doesn't even remember how to console her and making her feel better. 

 

"Just read the paper work, and call Jieun. I need your help, I'll pay for it."

 

He decides to leave Yeri and back to his car with a heavy steps without looking back at her.

 

Yeri doesn't know why she gets reminded to that day, the day when she feels like the happiest person in the world. She remembers crying really hard that day, it was felt so surreal that someone cares for her that much to the point he'll asked her to get married.

Jungkook, what makes him changed so much?

 

"Where is he?"

 

Yeri is back to the shop with a straight question from her mom.

 

"I don't know."

 

"Yeri-ya."

 

"How many times i should tell you that he is no longer your son-in-law. Do you forget how he treated me? He's a different person now."

 

Yeri doesn't know why she's becoming so angry about this matter, it's not like she doesn't understand her mother.

 

"Of course I remember."

 

"Then stop clinging into a false hope regarding him."

 

"There's always a reason why people changed. And for Jungkook, let's don't act like you aren't his reason.."

 

She stunned by those words completely, she rarely talk about her problem to her family for the past two years, and receiving such judgment from her own mother is hurt. 

Not even once Yeri is trying to change Jungkook, why would she makes him changed when the older version of him was the one she loved?

That's a stupid accusation. Things happened, but he should've treat her better.

 

***

 

Jungkook is back to his apartment, drenched, cold, angry, but also feels wronged. He doesn't really have interaction with Yeri anymore for the past 2 years but coming home knowing that she's not here still makes a difference.

 

He open the fridge and staring at it when he found lots of sticky notes was stored in there. It's so full with sticky notes written by Yeri.

 

"Jungkook-ssi's breakfast, Jungkook-ssi's dinner.."

 

She's basically labeling her food with a name tag according to when he usually eats it. 

 

Not gonna lie, but Yeri really did a great job taking care of him for the past 3 years, since the beginning of their marriage until now.

No matter what was going on between them, she never failed to do this. 

There are so many things went wrong from his marriage with Yeri, he regrets every single thing of that and think that this is supposed to be avoidable.

He takes one can of beer and drink it right away, he doesn't even think to change his clothes or drying himself. There are so many things to think about and Kim Yeri takes 90% of it.
 



at one time...

 

"Don't you think you're a little bit went overboard with all of this?"

 

"What do you mean? this is nothing."

 

Jungkook can sense how uncomfortable Yeri is with what he's doing right now. He took a week express cooking class for tonight's dinner and she's completely bothered by it.

 

"It's not even a special occasion, not our anniversary nor my birthday, we can just have a normal dinner, i feel so suffocated seeing you ruining my kitchen like this."

 

She looked really annoyed and angry, but cute at the same time.

 

"I paid lots of money for the lecture."

 

"My dear husband, cooking is not a theory, if you can't do it, then a week is not enough to make you an expert."

 

He's laughing at her because even though she's trying hard to not sound angry and addressing him with so much love in her words, it's obvious that Yeri is mad. She's trying to take the cooking utensils from him but he refused to let go.

 

"You really should let me do this, what if you get sick? I need to be able to feed you and taking care of you, right?  I swore in front of everyone for that."

 

"The point is, I'm hungry and you certainly don't have enough skills to feed us tonight."

 

She is actually right, so he decided to give up and giving back all the utensils to its owner.

 

"Jungkook-ssi.."

 

Yeri can see that he is not happy with the outcome from his effort.

 

"Hmm.."

 

She take a glance at him who's busy helping her cutting some vegetables. She's thankful of course for his effort, but she is fine if he can't do anything about this, they promised to not demand something for each other too much.

 

"You don't need to worry. This one job, taking care of you and your food will always be my responsibility, no matter what's going to happen in the future, I won't abandoned this job."

 

"You sounds so serious."

 

"I'm serious, even when I get mad at you, I'll be doing this."

 

"What if you got sick?"

 

"I'll call delivery for you."

 

"Are you going to do this forever.."

 

"Well, I'm your wife.. It is inevitable."

 

 


 

Jungkook wakes up when he heard a loud noise coming from the door. Someone is ringing the bell. He's still half asleep when he saw Yeri through the cctv.

He doesn't know her purpose, maybe she decided to stay here again.

 

"You know you don't need to ring the bell and bothers my sleep."

 

He talks to her rudely as soon as they saw each other. Yeri knows the password of this house, she doesn't need to do that.

 

"I don't live here anymore, you know that."

 

He watched her back when she's walking inside the apartment wearing her high heels, don't even bother to spare him a glance.

 

"You ran away, technically you're still living here."

 

She opens the fridge and seems like she's aware that Jungkook doesn't touch any single food she left for him since yesterday. 

 

He thought she would tell him to eat or prepared breakfast for him but she's not, she close the fridge and standing in front of him while holding her handbag.

 

"I'll go."

 

"Where?"

 

"This weekend event, I'll be there."

 

"Of course you should. It's clearly stated that you were invited as my wife."

 

He talks to her while washing her face in the bathroom, he knows she will eventually did it. She lives for it, these events are the only entertainment she had for the past two years, she loves interacting with others.

 

"You'll pay me."

 

"What?"

 

He's coming out immediately when he heard tat Yeri ask him to pay for this.

 

"I told you. I'm no longer live here, i'm not using any facilities you provide me, my sister is done with her study."

 

"Don't be ridiculous."

 

"I work for you and i want to get paid."

 

"Fine, what do you want?"

 

Yeri takes a deep breath when Jungkook doesn't seem so happy with the way she acted.

 

"I'll go to that event, and you'll talk with Jaein, follows all the procedure you need to do and let me go. I want a life of my own."

 

She watched Jungkook is laughing at her while putting his hand to his pocket. He looked annoyed.

 

"I don't like him."

 

"He is my lawyer, everything you wanted to say regarding the divorce.."

 

"You're doing this on purpose."

 

"Yes, I am. Not my fault that you see him as..the other guy. What he is for me is..irrelevant”

 

“It’s a disadvantage for you so it's become irrelevant."

 

Yeri is not saying anything when Jungkook completely lost and also mad from hearing this kind of talk. This is such an old issue, why would he bring this now?

It will be easy to disregard Jungkook and his feelings if he dislikes Jaein because of jealousy, but she knew that wasn't the case. 

Jungkook never get mad over Yeri having a close relationship with Jaein, he's not happy because of something else.

 

"It's not our main discussion."

 

"This is not a discussion, Kim Yeri-ssi.. You're ordering me around."

 

"And i have right!"

 

For the past two days, Yeri feels like she's been talking with Jungkook for so much more than how she talks to him for the past 2 years. 

It's clear to her that nothing was over when they decided to shut each other off back then.

They still have so many things to say to each other. Grudges, unfairness, complaints, scars, and pain they give to each other. They still want explanations, seeing how much they insult each other every time they're having interaction.

But regardless of that, she is tired of Jungkook and all these talks, she wants everything to stop. Immediately.

 

"You do have right. You're still my wife in the eye of the law and vice versa.."

 

Yeri lift her face again after taking some time to calm herself. Jungkook is still watching her, judging every single thing she's doing with his fierce eyes. He's completely like a stranger to her.

 

"Just talk to Mr. Han once, i want to get this done quickly."

 

She takes her bag and ready to leave because she already has enough of Jungkook and all his rage.

 

"I'll decide after seeing your work this weekend."

 

Yeri is not responding him and decide to leave right away, this is why she doesn't really bother to end her marriage for the past 2 years despite nothing is left on it.

She knows Jungkook doesn't want it and he'll determine to do anything to stop her.

It's understandable because a divorce will cost him a lot. Both his fortune and his reputation.

***

 

Jungkook is staying at his apartment instead of going to work, when he realized that Yeri left her car keys on his desk. She's not lying when she decided to leave this house without taking any of his stuff, including the car he gave her last year.

 

It's more practical to live their life together when they can go anywhere without depending on each other, he thought it would be convenient for her to move around while he's away. It was not something that he bought out of affection for his wife, but something he bought for his benefit, and his image building. 

 

What is going on between him and Yeri right now it's not something so surprising, even for him. He knows this will happen eventually, if Yeri called her life with him as hell, then it's not much different for him too. He is not exactly content with his life and his marriage.

 

At the beginning, he used to think that everything will get better, Yeri will get better, he will get better, their relationship will get better, but it never happens, he keeps lying to himself and hanging to a false hope for everything to better, when he is completely aware that nothing can be fixed. 

 

***

 

"Are you taking the bus?"

 

Yeri is on the phone with Jieun about the upcoming event, she has no choice but to tell her about riding a bus because she kept insisting to meet her and she doesn't want it. So she said her car is not in good condition and she'll be using public transport for awhile. Of course, her lie doesn't even makes sense when Jieun is aware that Jungkook has so many cars, laying around on his office or his apartment's basement.

 

"I'm not comfortable driving another car." 

 

That was her excuse when Jieun offers her to take a replacement.

 

"Alright then, i'll just go to you, you can pick the place. We need to work on something for this particular event, Mr. Jeon.."

 

Jieun sounds so desperate and judging from how Jungkook begging her to working on this one, it must be important and crucial.

 

"I'll send you the location."

 

Yeri ended the phone call and decided to get off the bus. She wanted a longer trip for nostalgic sentiment but Jieun seems serious and she feels bad for her.

 

She gets inside a coffee shop and send the location to Jieun right away, it's better to get it done fast. She is already tired with all of this.

 

It's been awhile since Yeri spent times in public places, it feels like she's back to her younger days, walking around the city, buying useless stuff with money she receives from her parents, riding the bus, watching people. She never do that again since her encounter with Jungkook.

 

Thinking about it now, her life was really taking a drastic change after she knew him, she sacrifices lots of things to be with him. It was like a prison, her life, but back then, she never really felt sad or disappointed,  she could handle everything and compromise with every new thing on her life brought by Jungkook. It was worthy, her cage was dark and small but his existence makes it brighter and bigger. 

But today, when Jungkook is no longer has meaning for her life, she's already getting used with staying inside the cage, she eventually forgets about the life she had before him.

***

 

"I'm sorry. Traffic Jam."

 

Yeri already stay at the coffee shop for more than 20 minutes when Jieun is finally come to see her. She looked so busy, tired and completely exhausted, it is obvious that Jungkook has been giving her a hard time at work.

 

"No, it's ok. I don't know what you like so here.."

 

She offers her one cup of iced coffee and Jieun take it with a smile.

 

"Mr. Jeon is not coming to work, so i need to adjust lots of stuff."

 

Why? she saw him at home this morning, Jungkook never skip his work, even though she knows, going to work is also his way to avoid her and now she’s gone, he lost one of his reasons to go and probably decided to skip, but it is still weird, because he’s also really serious about it. Working.

 

"He didn't pick up any of my calls. I thought you were with him so i called you."

 

"I didn't."

 

"He’s not at home?"

 

Yeri lift her face to Jieun and more than anything, she needs to hide the fact that her marriage with Jungkook is already at the edge to crumble.

Since Jieun is part of his professional circle of work, she can not know about the divorce before it's happening for real.

 

"He was. I saw him this morning, he doesn't look good, maybe he's sick, i thought he'll call you to informing his absent."

 

"Ah really? that's why you're taking the bus instead asking him to drive you?"

 

Well, that's not exactly the reason, but Yeri nods her head anyway. It is best to stop making Jieun curious about what is going on between her and Jungkook.

 

"This is the material for the party. I told you it's important, right?"

 

"You always said every event is important."

 

"Mr. Jeon's family will be there."

 

Yeri is losing her smile and her will to listen to this any further is gone when Jieun mentioned about Jungkook and his family.

 

"I know you don't like them, so it'll be hard for you."

 

"Who said that i don't like them? They're my family too."

 

It's not true that Yeri disliking Jungkook's family, at least not in her conscience. They're always treating her really good ever since her marriage with Jungkook 3 years ago. It's just…

That family is having a mold and Yeri were forced to shape herself into that mold, the standard. They're also people who doesn't know how messed up her life with Jungkook is and that means more pretend act for her.

 

"We heard rumors that they against your marriage and.."

 

"It was not happened, we don't live in drama, i wasn't harrassed for being out of his league. That's ridiculous."

 

"I just heard it when i started working, everyone believed it and Mr. Jeon never deny it."

 

"That’s not true. So, His family will be there, and?"

 

"It's your problem, but for Mr. Jeon and me, and us, the whole company, the event was a test. All our investors and stakeholders will be there, and i gotta say 75% of them is disliking Mr. Jeon and the way he's doing his business."

 

"If it's about business, I can't do anything. I don't understand what he is doing."

 

"Those people hates him but they adore you, Mr. Jeon wasn't as annoying and as ruthless as right now, 2 years ago..I don't know what happened back then but you just need to build a persona and fantasy for these people that Mr. Jeon from the past is still there."


“It’s already sounds tiresome.”

 

"Not like the usual agenda, I already prepared your outfit and everything, you just need to be there."

 

Yeri was given a bunch of paperwork by Jieun, list of guest, rundown, theme and concept of the party. She can see why this one is important for Jungkook and his company. He is one strong businessman, but if all of these powerful people went against him, he will have zero power to control anything and he hates that.

 

"I'll drop this at your place tonight." 

 

Jieun showed Yeri, a picture of long dress, accessories,shoes..

 

"No, no..I won't be there."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I'll give you an address, send it there."

 

"Mrs. Kim, is there something wrong?"

 

Jieun is quick at catching things, it's annoying.

 

"No, I'm staying at my home, because my sister is getting married, i gave you the invitation before."

 

"Ah right."

 

Jieun believes her. Yeri is already inviting a few of her friends to her sister's wedding and she is one of them.

 

"I forgot. Anyway, can you please check on Mr. Jeon too?"

 

Saying no is not her choice, because Jieun will become suspicious with this whole thing, so Yeri decide to nod her head quickly.

Jieun left after talking to her for less than 30 minutes, she's waving her hands to her as she left with a taxi. Yeri is still contemplating about checking Jungkook's situation to help Jieun when she receives a phone call from Han Jaein, she picked up right away, he rarely calls her, it must be important.

 

"Hello?"

 

"How fast can you get here?"

 

"Where?"

 

"My office."

 

"Why?"

 

"Your husband is here."

 

That's surprising. She's literally can't bring any words to respond to this kind of information, she should be happy but there's a little bit of disappointment in there too.

 

"Kim Yeri? Do you hear me?"

 

"What is he doing there?"

 

"He wanted to discuss your problems, the divorce, the entire process.."

 

"You can just talk to him alone."

 

"He wanted you to be here. Listen, this is a good chance if you wanted to solve things fast..i don't know if he's coming here will happen again soon."

 

Jaein was right. Maybe Jungkook is tired too and he finally decided to let her go.

 

"Alright, I'll be there. Tell him to wait."

 




I know i said that i'll updates this story regularly, but things happened so i won't be able to do it. lol

this is the only thing i have so far,  i decided to post everyhthing instead.

i'll be back, so don't worry.

thanks for reading