23 : don't wanna lose you

Fixing You | kim taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Few days have passed. Days aren’t going to be any warmer as it starts to rain all over the place. For some reason, autumn feels like forever, Seoul is all poured with dead leaves and smell of burnt coffee. It’s nothing to be complained about, though. Nothing has changed dramatically. Her life is still the same but the only thing that has been changed is the presence of people who loved her more than she does.

 

Minseo wraps the sweet she bought from Daegu carefully before stepping out from the car. The huge, luxurious house looks just like it was before. Still gives her goosebump everytime she sees it with her two eyes. The windy air pushes her to walk quickly to the door before the electronic bell is pushed. She waits for few seconds before the door is opened by a woman with her usual floral dress.

 

“My sweet daughter,” Mrs. Gaeun squeals as soon as she sees Minseo standing there with a huge grin plasters all over her freezing face. She lifts the gift excitedly.

 

“I’ve got something for you,” she grins.

 

“Come inside. It’s really cold outside,” the older woman pulls her hand before shutting the door closed behind her.

 

It’s 5pm in the evening and right after she finished her shift at the hotel, Minseo comes to her parents’ house just to kill some time since it’s been a long time since she talked with them two. She was originally planning to go with Taehyung but since Taehyung is quite busy with his upcoming works, Minseo chose to go by herself. Taehyung has been working hard ever since they came back to Seoul but there will be some time, he would pay attention to her like he usual did.

 

It sure lifts her spirit whenever she sees Taehyung comes back home from studio with a big smile and radiant energy all over his body. He would tell her how his day was like, just like a little boy to his mom. Minseo remembers every details of it.

 

“Where is everybody?” Minseo asks while taking of her coat with her eyes roaming around the house. It’s pretty quiet. Even the helpers aren’t there. Mrs. Gaeun takes the gift box from her hand and walks to the kitchen counter.

 

“The helpers go back to their hometown for a while. It’s been a while since they got an actual rest days. Oh and the kids are upstairs, cramming for their upcoming exam,” she says. Minseo nods. She takes a scrunchie from her bag and quickly tie her hair into a lazy ponytail.

 

“I smell something good. What did you cook?” she walks to her mom all giddy. Mrs. Gaeun smiles and opens the lid of the pot. It’s ox tail soup and nothing can make her drools more than this.

 

“Mom, you’re the best!!,” she wraps her arms around her body and wiggles, making the woman squeaks. Minseo giggles. This feels nice. How contrasted is it when you’re freezing cold because of the windy rain then comes home to a home cooked meals which is the biggest comfort somebody can ask for. Minseo takes the gift box and carefully opens it. It’s a famous sweet from Daegu.

 

“How did you know I like this one?” Mrs. Gaeun says excitedly.

 

“Taehyung told me about your preferences. I hope dad loves this one,” Minseo pulls the assorted sweet out from the box.

 

“That’s fine, sweetie. He definitely loves these. Thank you,” she rubs Minseo’s back before continue her work. Minseo sits on the chair while cleaning up the mess on the table.

 

“By the way, why didn’t you come here with Taehyung?” Mrs. Gaeun asks while taking out the groceries from the fridge. She probably is going to cook another meals.

 

“It was supposed to be like that but he got caught up with his work. He sends some kisses for you and dad,” Minseo smiles. She tries to help but Mrs. Gaeun immediately declines.

 

“That’s fine. He is having a dinner with his friends anyway,” she adds

 

“Really? What is he doing now? Is there any progress?” she asks and Minseo proudly nods.

 

“He’s working on some music works with his friends. It’s still new so nothing changes dramatically,”

 

Mrs. Gaeun raises her eyebrow, understands and amused at her remarks.

 

“They must be his producer friends, right? I know them. He talked about them a lot when they were in college,”. Minseo nods with her eyes tail the vegetables on the table. She suddenly feels hungry as hell.

 

“How about you? Is everything okay at hotel?” Mrs. Gaeun sends her a very motherly look, which gives a comfort for a moment. She smiles softly and nods. The conversation she had with Taehyung few days ago suddenly creep into her mind. It’s not the right time to tell her yet, Minseo thought.

“Yeah, everything is pretty good and well,” she nods with a smile. The fact that she is no longer feels happy to be there make her words that just came out from sting the ears. Minseo looks at her mom’s face and notices something unusual.

 

“Mom, are you okay? You look tired,” she reaches for her hands and rub it slowly. Mrs. Gaeun chuckles and shakes her head.

 

“I’m okay. This must be the result of my job as a babysitter,” she chuckles and it makes Minseo frowns. Babysitter? Since when they have a baby here? Looking at her confused face, Mrs. Gaeun shrugs.

 

“You remember Yoona? Mr. Park’s eldest daughter? She gave birth 2 weeks ago and she was admitted to hospital because of postpartum depression. It was quite severe so I took care of her baby for few days,” the sizzling sound fills up the room with the delicious aroma ever. Minseo looks surprised at the news.

 

She knew Yoona. She is one of the guest in their wedding and knowing that she is actually in a bad shape, makes her feel nothing but sad.

 

“Is the baby okay? Is she okay now?” she asks, worried.
 

“She was discharged yesterday and she looks brighter than before. You know? The baby cried really hard when her mother took her. She must be missing her mom so much. Oh my god, I can’t even think of it,” there are few drop of tears in her eyes as she smiles. Minseo’s touched at Mrs. Gaeun’s warmth. Everything about her is so pure. Minseo smiles.

 

“The baby must be missing you right now. You’re like the greatest grandmother ever and no one can change that,” Minseo takes a step closer to her and hugs her from behind. Thinking of this, the wound from missing her own parents bleeds even more. Mrs. Gaeun’s body vibrates as she chuckles.

 

“It would be nice if I have my own grandchild, don’t you think so, sweetie?” she peaks at her Minseo at the back and she quickly looks up at the woman. There is a hopeful grin all over her face and Minseo feels bad when she knows exactly what her mom meant. She pulls off from the hug and leans against the wall.

 

“Do you want one?” she knows it’s one of the dumbest question she ever asked but whenever this topic comes out from the parents, she can’t help but feel nervous.

 

“Of course, I do!! I can’t wait to fill this house with baby’s stuff. Don’t you agree this house looks quite empty?” she jokes and Minseo chuckles. The house still looks spacious even with 5 helpers.

 

“I need to discuss with Taehyung about this. Because you know,” she rubs her back head, trying to refrain the awkwardness. Plus, will it come true? Both of them are having baby? The image of her being pregnant never came across her mind.

 

“I know but trust me, he will immediately agree. Taehyung loves kids so much. He is very likeable among kids. I’m really sure he will be a great dad to your baby,”

 

Again, she feels bad when she knows things like that won’t be happening. Atleast, for the time being. After what happened between them two, she isn’t really sure what exactly they are. Are they still with the initial agreement or else. It’s really confusing at times and there is no way she would tell her about that. Minseo nods.

 

“Alright. We will fill this house with baby’s stuff soon,” she says, not to the extent of giving hopes to her but at least, she would feel better. Mrs. Gaeun smiles excitedly at her remarks.

 

**

 

Before the dinner is ready, Minseo goes upstairs to see Jeonggyu and Eunji. It’s pretty quiet, she isn’t really sure whether they are sleeping or not. She knocks on the door of the room that she assumed belong to Eunji. She heard laughing from the room.

 

“Unnie!! When did you come?” as soon as the door opened, Eunji’s eyes widen in surprised to see Minseo at the door. Minseo smile before notice that Jeonggyu is there on her bed. He waves at her.

 

“An hour ago. Why are you guys doing? Can I come in?” she asks and Eunji immediately pulls her hands inside. Just like usual, Eunji becomes like a little kid whenever Minseo is around. She immediately becomes a baby.

 

“We’re having a break. My mind is jammed because of these,” she whines and pouts before pointing at the messy study table. Papers are ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter