Jumin #2

What if MC turned him down? - A Jumin route extension

Jumin Han~

 

Different to how Jumin used to be, he is nervous. Very nervous. He even catches himself buttoning his shirt wrong and has to do it over again. What an inconvenience. He is meeting MC in less than half an hour, the woman who changed him and opened his heart. Should he have a glass of wine? No let's wait until MC is here and see if she would fancy some adult beverage. 

 

The man sits down and tightens his tie even more. Maybe if his clothing is proper his mind will be collected as well. Too bad he'd choke if he were to make it too tight. 

 

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

 

Time is going too slow. No, too fast. Anyhow the sound of the clock is frustrating. 

 

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

 

He picks up his phone. MC has sent him a message:

 

"Jumin, I'm sorry I'm a bit early, hope there is no problem. I'll be there in a few minutes~"

 

Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.

 

Is that his heart beating so hard. He replies saying it's all good. The man his black hair away from his forehead. Sigh. Calm down Jumin, relax. A faint smile appears on his face. He's meeting MC. He sincerely hopes they can talk and move on. Everything must go well. 

 

Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock. 

 

Jumin flies up and heads out with steady steps to the front door. The door flings open and his security guard is holding out an arm in a guiding manner. A woman enters the scene. She walks up to the front door. Such immense beauty. She looks like a goddess standing before him. Jumin can't help but stare as a small smile breaks on his lips. 

 

"Hello Jumin," 

 

She says with the cutest smile. Jumin has to stop staring. It's awkward with the security guard there. 

 

"Yes... Hello MC," They meet in a small hug and Jumin gives her a peck on the cheek,  "You are stunning,"

 

The guard mentions that he should be fine leaving now and walks away back to the front of the penthouse. Good. Jumin puts a hand on the woman's back guiding her into his house. 

 

"How are you?"

 

"I'm well, what about you?"

 

"Very good," Jumin flashes a smile at her, "Are you hungry? I prepared something to drink and a bite to eat in the living room one floor down,"

 

"That sounds lovely,"

 

He can notice MC holding back a little, like she has something to say. Which is totally understandable. Jumin hopes they get to clear the air soon so they can continue to be comfortable. 

 

The living room downstairs is not as modern as his main living room. It has antique furniture and instead of the black and white modern style there are a lot more warm colours and yellow, gold and brown. MC hasn't been in this room before and she praises him on it's style. He tells her that he didn't do the interior design exactly, but he is happy that she likes it. MC settles down in an armchair with her glass of wine. Jumin sits in the sofa next to her and starts talking about the fine wine's origin and how unique but at the same time traditional the flavour really is. When MC is staring blankly out into the air and looks like she is thinking of something completely different, Jumin says:

 

"But of course first... before I ramble on talking about more wine, let's talk about..." He pauses, thinking of what to say, "Us,"

 

MC's gaze is directed towards him now.

 

"Yes. Absolutely," 

 

She answers in a serious voice. So where do we start he? It's not even clear what the issue is exactly. Time to think more objectively or he'll never get through this.

 

"So about the party..."

 

MC carefully begins.

 

"Well I should begin apologising. I'm sorry if you felt uncomfortable with that many reporters at the party. I forget that you aren't used to the media..."

 

"I actually haven't been tracked by the media too much, surprisingly enough,"

 

"That's a relief, you didn't have to suffer too much,"

 

Jumin says and takes a sip. This wine is indeed perfection. He wishes MC to enjoy it as well.

 

"Everything went so wrong at the party..."

 

"Yes... I'm sorry. And when I heard you left I also left immediately,"

 

"About me leaving... I guess I felt like I needed a moment alone and it couldn't really happen with all those cameras... I, wasn't feeling too well actually,"

 

"Yes of course. I don't blame you for leaving. It must have been stressful. And I put you on the spot,"

 

MC takes a deep breath. She hasn't taken a sip from her glass of wine yet. Jumin frowns seeing MC being frustrated. He reaches out to grab her hand. She grabs it softly. 

 

"I must be honest with you Jumin... I think it was a bit rude putting me on the spot like that. I know your feelings are a bit... special. But it made me feel bad,"

 

"Yes maybe it was the wrong decision to make it so public and in front of so many people. But I wanted everyone to know that you are mine and I am yours,"

 

"I'm not upset about announcing our relationship, that wasn't what made me feel bad. It was you taking it a step further,"

 

"I do not regret the proposal. I know I put you on the spot and I'm so sorry I made you feel bad and there could've been a better moment. But, I could never go on without taking it that one step further,"

 

The woman sighs again. She finally drinks from her wine. The man apologises again. Objectively thinking, he has said sorry and that is the only thing he can do right now. The party, it can't be undone. So the issue should be... solved? Since he supposes the reason she gave him a blunt no was the pressure. He decides to ask her. Communication is key, in business and possibly in relationships. 

 

"Is there anything else weighing you down my love?" 

 

She looks at Jumin. And there is something in her eyes. She doesn't look very happy. Jumin's smile drops. 

 

"I can see that there is something else bothering you,"

 

"Well... yeah,"

 

The beauty says and finishes the whole glass of wine in a few gulps. Jumin sighs this time as he speaks:

 

"I just want you to be with me and to be happy,"

 

The black-haired man tries to clench her hand tighter but when he does she removes her hand from his. 

 

"And what exactly does that mean? To be with you?"

 

The tone of the woman's voice is a bit salty, Jumin notices. 

 

"Be with me... It means to be my lover, my friend and to spend time with each other, go on dates and enjoy each other's company,"

 

MC looks at him like he is flat out lying. Jumin is a bit startled.

 

"Is that it?" 

 

MC asks. She has crossed her arms over her chest.

 

"Why I proposed to you is because I want us to live together, I want us to be husband and wife. I want to meet you at home everyday after work, because I miss you and long for you all the time. I want to buy you pretty dresses, pamper you and I just want you to be able to live a life with no worries," Jumin looks at MC, "I want you to be mine, and only mine, nothing else,"

 

MC hasn't softened at all, quite the opposite actually. She is clenching her jaw and her gaze is sharp. Jumin feels sorrow rain over him. 

 

"That's exactly what is my problem Jumin,"

 

He still can not understand what the problem is. Is her problem... being treated well? Thoughts like, she doesn't want you, has haunted him ever since the incident with Zen. They disappeared when he and MC started talking like usual on the phone but they are creeping back now. Anyhow, Jumin is a good negotiator. And he is stubborn. He can't not win this upcoming debate. 

 

The man refills their glasses with the red liquid. He shall try keeping an objective point of view, but he can already feel his heart beating faster in frustration. Why did things have to be so complicated?