Yoosung #1

What if MC turned him down? - A Jumin route extension

Yoosung★~

 

"Okay, I'll be right there,"

 

Yoosung hangs up. Zen had called him five times before he picked up. He starts running around in the apartment, trying to find any tools. He finds something similar to a crowbar, grabs his jacket and heads out. He was just on an important mission with Seven, it feels like Zen is relying on him more because of that. Yoosung feels proud, really proud actually, finally the members don't treat him like a little baby. He feels especially proud since it's the new member, a girl, who needs his help and no one else can possibly do this mission except for him. 

 

He has to take the subway though. A superhero who has to take the subway. Luckily, he is right on time and can step onto the train as soon as he arrives at the station. It's quite a bit to travel. All he got from Zen was the address and he recognised the street to be close to Zen's own house. However, he has no clue what they were doing there in the first place. 

 

He has arrived and he is half-running towards the address. Even though Yoosung is very good at PE, orienteering had never been his thing. The apartment buildings are all identical but he manages to distinguish Zen's house and finds the goldfish-shaped bread truck. He puts a hand on his stomach as it growls when he walks past the truck. Should he buy some? No, he remembers he is a superhero at the moment and hurries past. A superhero can go days without eating just to save a lady in danger! The blonde knows his thoughts are silly, but it is a great encouragement.  

 

Finally he arrives and enters, what he has figured out, must be the right building. In front of him is the lift. The boy just stands and stares, clueless, for a moment. What was Zen thinking? Then, he snaps out of his doubt and picks up his phone to call the man who sent him here. 

 

"Yoosung! You're here?" Zen exclaims as soon as he answers. 

 

"I think so... Ehm Zen, what floor are you on even? How are you thinking I should help you? Is this even possible?! Why didn't you just call 119?" Almost all of Yoosung's superhero spirit drops in one moment.

 

"Calm down Yoosung! I'll give you some instructions... we have all evening... we are stuck between floor 2 and 3, so get your to the second floor,"

 

Yoosung scoffs at Zen's attitude but does what he says. Two steps upwards at a time. 

 

"Okay, and now what...?"

 

"Start on getting the damn door open! I hope you brought something with you,"

 

"Yeah, yeah... I brought something, but... can I really just, break it open?"

 

"Yeah man! We're stuck here anyway, it's either you or SOS men!" 

 

"Hold on a moment..."

 

Yoosung puts down his phone without hanging up. Is this really okay? He is doubting himself, but he is doing this for MC right? He holds the crowbar and finds a place to hook it to. It feels very wrong when he starts pulling, it's like he is vandalising. But he follows through with Zen's instructions and pulls harder and harder, putting his leg up for support. After a few minutes he has managed to pull open a small buckle and is absolutely exhausted. 

 

"Zen, I don't think this is possible... I've managed to pull a small buckle..." He expects Zen to sigh but he sounds excited.

 

"Dude! Dude! This is good okay? You are actually stronger than I thought... try hooking your tool to the buckle you just made and it'll be easier to pull the door open,"

 

Yoosung feels encouraged from Zen and gets into the same position as before but hooks the crowbar to the buckle. His muscles are screaming after just a few minutes but he doesn't stop since he can feel the door loosening. He wipes his forehead and shakes his muscles before he is at it again, with full power. Yes, yes, yes, just a little bit more...! Bang! The door makes a loud noise as it breaks open. A big and proud smile spreads across his face as he breaths heavy from the effort. He uses his remaining strength and pulls the lift door completely open. Yoosung is a bit scared at the sight of a fall but is relived when he sees about 0,5 meter of the lift's bottom being visible. 

 

"I heard a loud bang, did you get it open?"

 

"Yes I made it!" 

 

"Good! Now the rest will be easy, we'll just have to press the button for the inside door to slide open,"

 

The phone call ends as Yoosung can see the lift slide open. Inside there is an absolutely beautiful MC waving at him and Zen who has a proud smile plastered on his face. They are sitting down on the tiny floor, and Zen starts crawling to the opening. His face is suddenly serious.

 

"Okay, here is the deal. MC has hurt her ankle and we'll have to help her out,"

 

Yoosung nods and throws a worried glance at MC. Zen gently moves her leg so she sits on the edge of the hole with her legs down. 

 

"Yoosung I trust that you're a real man okay? You have to catch her!"

 

She is about 1,5 meters up. MC asks if he is ready and when he nods she takes off into his arms. Yoosung stumbles a bit at the weight but manages not to fall. MC stands on one leg, so he offers his shoulder as support. Zen jumps down from the lift with the high heels in his hands. He looks like he is in an action movie, despite the heels. 

 

"That was awesome Yoosung! Thank you so much!" 

 

MC says and smiles at the boy. He blushes a bit and says that it was nothing. Zen gives him a light hug and thanks him as well, before he quickly makes MC support herself on his shoulder instead. They make their way out of the house and tell Yoosung all about the incident and MC's apartment. He is a bit stunned by all the info and decides to join them for dinner.

 

MC and Zen had decided on an ordinary Chinese restaurant. There aren't many people and the place is peaceful. The three have some fried rice and vegetables. Zen has a beer but Yoosung and MC have to pass when he offers them. MC looks like it's the first time she has seen food stuffing herself full, but when Zen makes a remark about it she is a bit embarrassed and slows down. They sit next to each other and Yoosung is seated opposite of MC. She is very cute and smiles a lot. It feels like Yoosung can finally get a proper impression of her in real life since they only met hastily at the party. He likes her very much, she is both sweet and innocent but also very funny, witty and obviously intelligent. The friends have fun and conversation is light. Yoosung is a bit anxious that the subject of Jumin hasn't been brought up. It almost seems as if Zen tries to avoid it since he directs the conversation every time they lean against talking about anything related to the business man. Yoosung has quite some opinions on the situation himself, but also really wants to hear how MC is doing. He takes the chance after a laugh to one of Zen's jokes dies out and they return to their food quietly.

 

"Mmh... MC, can I ask you... How are you with Jumin and all? Don't answer if you aren't comfortable!"

 

He tries a soft approach. He immediately gets the evil eye from Zen and swallows in discourage. MC looks a bit startled at the boy.

 

"I should really talk to him, I can't run away from him forever,"

 

Zen looks upset now and shoves his chopsticks in the rice.

 

"Yes you can! If you don't want to talk to him you don't have to!"

 

Yoosung now realises that Zen didn't want to bring it up, not to protect MC, but because it was a sensitive subject for himself. 

 

"Zen, you aren't right. Even if I didn't like him I'd have to talk to him. It's a responsibility of mine and it'd be very immature and selfish not to consider Jumin's feelings as well,"

 

Yoosung thinks MC is so cool when she speaks against Zen. Zen himself seems to agree because he keeps quiet, but he still looks pissed as he reaches for a taste of the beer. 

 

"But, MC, you do still like him right? You still... love him?" 

 

As the boy asks this, Zen almost spits out his beverage. Yoosung actually starts to think Zen is being immature.

 

"Yes... yes I do, you don't stop loving someone after one day,"

 

MC looks down at her plate and her lips form a smile.

 

"So you... didn't turn him down because you... didn't love him?" 

 

Zen asks, in a quiet but curious voice. 

 

"Exactly..."

 

Yoosung is, strangely enough, a bit relieved. Maybe because he wants to believe in their love, or love in general. From reading Zen's expression he can guess that he might not have thought she was truly in love with Jumin. 

 

"I guess you really love him... but I still don't get it!"

 

The silver haired man empties the glass of beer and puts it down onto the table in a firm grip. Yoosung feels like there is a question hanging in the air. Why? Why did she say no then? But he does not dare to ask it, he thinks MC should talk with Jumin first and Zen seems pissed already. Also he does not want to bother MC. There is silence for a moment but soon the light discussions flow again.

 

After dinner they are all pretty tired. Especially MC as she keeps yawning. Zen is going to follow her home and insists on taking her to the hospital tomorrow after a good night's rest. Yoosung parts with them and MC doesn't forget to thank him over and over again and waves goodbye to him.

 

There is a lot on Yoosung's mind after the day. He strolls around a bit in the area and spots a shoe wear shop. A thought comes to his mind and he approaches the shop. A middle-aged man with a peculiar smile greets him and Yoosung does a slight bow.  He and an old lady seems to be the only customers. The blonde looks around a bit before he notices a pair of red boots with dark brown lace. He loves them. Now, Yoosung doesn't now what shoe size MC could possible have, but he guesses and hopes it will fit. He pays for the shoes, he imagines they will look incredible on MC so he even forgets to look at the price tag. 

 

"For a lady?" 

 

The cashier asks as he puts the shoebox in a plastic bag.

 

"Yes,"

 

Yoosung smiles and takes the bag. It's beginning to get dark. As he walks to the subway he feels very proud of himself. He can't wait to give these to MC. Today he was truly superhero Yoosung.