707 #3

What if MC turned him down? - A Jumin route extension

707~

 

"You told me this was agency work! Seriously... you are getting on my nerves..."

 

"Then you must be sad I hid your tazer before... Hm I kind of miss the thrill..."

 

Vanderwood rolls his eyes. The two men is walking down a quiet street, one dressed up in women's clothing, a big sun hat and a blonde wig. He is also wearing tights to hide the masculine legs. The other one is in his usual red shirt, jeans and black and yellow striped glasses. 

 

"Okay so here is the plan. She is going to pass by here in about five minutes," 

 

Seven says. They had been hiding behind a bush and seen her walk past a few minutes ago and then run to get ahead of her. There are still leaves stuck to Vanderwood's hat.

 

"Why aren't you the one dressing up Luciel? She is your concern after all..."

 

"That is key! Even if I dress up she'll recognise me too well...! So I'll work as a distraction... and you my young lady, pretend you don't know me and then snatch in and grab her phone,"

 

Vanderwood raises an eyebrow. 

 

"So, why would you want her phone? Security issues?"

 

"Hm yeah... it'd be nice if you could hack right on the spot but... I want to hack it myself to make sure it's all fine... so don't put it back!"

 

Vanderwood sighs and then waves the man off to go stand on the other side of the small area, preparing for her to arrive. Seven himself walks into a store with big open windows,he can get a good view of the area. 

 

After a few minutes the girl appears. He still can't believe MC is on crutches. The man was a little worried when he first saw it but he figured MC would have told him if the incident seemed to be related to anything suspicious, right? Despite the jumping she looks just as amazing as she did the other few times Seven had seen her. Time to act. He walks out of the store casually, pretending he doesn't spot her with his head in the skies. The man doesn't react until she calls his name.

 

"Seven!" 

 

He turns his head towards the girl, raises his eyebrows and smiles in an act of surprise.

 

"MC! What a delight to see you here..."

 

His expression changes to a troubled one as he pretends to have just reacted to MC ankle. 

 

"Don't worry about me... I'm absolutely fine, just a little accident, my own fault..."

 

That's a relief. Seven sees Vanderwood approaching them from the other direction, from behind MC.

 

"So, what are you doing around here? I suppose you weren't spying on me!"  

 

MC says and laughs a tiny bit. Seven chuckles a bit as well, thankfully you couldn't notice the slight nervousness in his laugh. 

 

"No! Not on you at least! I was on my way to do some work... but I stepped inside this shop on the way. The robot in the window got me so excited!"

 

It is a hobby store and the robot in the window is an interesting one. Obviously that was a lie. The redhead sees Mary Vanderwood who gives him a wink. The cross dressed man then drops his purse with a squeal and the contents spread onto the ground. MC jumps at the event right behind her.

 

"Oh my... oh lady let me help you,"

 

She tries to collect the things on the ground but she can't due to the crutches. However, Vanderwood acts quickly and reaches for MC's bag. 

 

"MC! Take it easy, I'll help the lady!"

 

Seven shouts her name to make her look in his direction. Then he bends down and in the blink of an eye Vanderwood discreetly hands him the phone. Seven quickly puts it in his pocket. Hopefully, it goes unnoticed by MC. When the things are back in the purse the man in the wig walks away hastily. Seven chuckles a bit.

 

"So... you live around here?"

 

Of course he knew that. He knew that since the day she joined RFA.

 

"Uhm yeah? I thought you would know actually," 

 

She laughs nervously as well. This was kind of awkward. Strange. It wasn't awkward at all when she slept at his house; this must be because of the circumstances.

 

"Do you want to grab a coffee or something now when you are here?"

 

"Oh! No... I was on my way to work remember?"

 

"Yeah right..."

 

They fall silent for a moment. Then they wave goodbye and split ways. 

 

Seven reunite with Vanderwood a block away. 

 

"Good work agent Vanderwood!"

 

"Can't believe you can use 'agent' now when I am dressed up like this, but normally you insist on calling me 'miss'..."

 

Vanderwood steps out of the shoes and throws the hat on the ground. Seven grins nervously as he picks up the hat. 

 

"I helped you with that girl. Now you owe me one,"

 

Vanderwood starts walking with Seven stumbling behind. The RFA member chuckles gently. He is nervous about what lessen Vanderwood might teach him, but relieved that everything is going to be under control soon. Now he just had to figure out a way to bring the phone back.