MC #7

What if MC turned him down? - A Jumin route extension

MC~

 

How are you going to do this without hurting Jumin? Gosh. If he could just be the way he used to be for one moment it'd be so easy to explain. Jumin looks so hurt, already. But he seems to be trying to keep his cool. Jumin opens his mouth to say something, but then seems to change his mind. He says something else:

 

"What do you mean by that exactly? That me treating you that way is... wrong? Pampering you and having you stay in my house to love you,"

 

Yeah what do you mean? This is what you've been thinking about for the last 24 hours, how you're going to say this.

 

"Just what I said, I don't like what you're saying,"

 

"So, if I understand you correctly, you don't want to be mine?"

 

"I don't want to be yours if that's what it means to be yours,"

 

"So there was a reason for you refusing my proposal?"

 

"Yes,"

 

This is not going well. You're sounding quite rude. How should you put this?

 

"I can't really understand what it is not to like,"

 

The man's voice is sharp. Let's get to the point.

 

"I don't like how you've always had the mindset that you want to own me. I maybe understand why you are acting like that but I don't want to be your... pet Jumin,"

 

He looks a bit startled.

 

"Well, you're not an animal..."

 

"But you can still say you want me to be yours and nothing else? You don't want me to be anything else? I am my own person Jumin!"

 

"You're still your own person, I could never take that away from you even if I wanted to,"

 

"Yes, but could I do whatever I wanted and needed if I were with you? It's not me stepping into your world only, but you're also stepping into mine!"

 

Jumin is a bit shocked. You have to get to the point at this time. Why you did say no. 

 

"So... you don't want to be with me?"

 

Objective Jumin is gone. He looks at you like a puppy.

 

"God! Jumin, that is not the point! What can I do to make you understand?"

 

You stand up. You haven't drunken a sip from your second glass of wine. You gesticulate with your hands as you speak. Your message has to be as clear as possible.

 

"It sounds to me that you didn't refuse my proposal because the media or the pressure but because of me,"

 

Jumin also stands up now. He is very upset. You take a deep breath.

 

"Okay I have to be clear with you Jumin. I have to be clear about what I don't want to be to you, and what I want to be to you," The man looks pleadingly at you. He has to listen now, "I don't want to be your housewife! I don't want to be a parasite feeding off your wealth, whether you want it or not! I don't want to be there only for you because other people need me too! I don't want to be someone who gives up my life to stay in your house and be your little princess!"

 

Jumin looks hurt. And sad. 

 

"And for the record, I do not want to be with you if I have to live by Jumin's law!"

 

Your boiling anger is overlapped by the heart break of Jumin's tears. Jumin is crying quietly across the room, listening to your words. You feel so bad but, you have to finish.

 

"Jumin. You can't always get it your way. You never discuss your plans with me, I never even get a saying in things that revolves around me. That to me, is a red flag that keeps me from evolving our relationship, that by the way we had for about three days post you proposing!"

 

You're standing with your arms crossed waiting for an answer. 

 

"MC I'm..." His voice is shaky and the tears keep coming, "I don't know what to say," Seeing Jumin cry makes your heart feel so heavy. You've never seen Jumin this vulnerable, "I love you so much... more than you can comprehend... please, I just don't understand why you wouldn't like my way? I only want that because it'd keep you safe and with me, and of course so you are treated like a princess. You deserve to be treated like a princess,"

 

"But I don't want to! Jumin please understand!"

 

"I don't!"

 

"Have you never heard of ambition? Or curiosity to learn new things?"

 

"What does that have to do with this? Doing thing the way I wish isn't related,"

 

"It is! I don't want to be your housewife because I want to work! I want to see how far I can reach on my own. The majority of the things in life I'm proud of are things I've achieved myself! I want to study, I want to see my life getting better by my hard work,"

 

"But you don't have to be my housewife if you don't wish to, you can even work or study,"

 

Jumin seems desperate for a solution. He takes several steps closer to you.

 

"Okay, maybe I want to travel the world? Live in a different country? Study abroad? I'm young and it's time for me to make my own life! I don't want to feed off of you!"

 

Sigh. Jumin is quiet. He goes forward to close the gap between the two of you and embraces you in a hug. You aren't really in the mood for a hug to be honest, but if that'll stop Jumin from crying you're all for it.

 

"In the end... being with you in any way is more important to me than being with you my way,"

 

The man says. He releases you from the hug. Yes his crying has stopped indeed, but he looks very sad. With him saying that makes you believe he understood what you meant a tiny bit at least. You're still fired up and your heart is pounding but you're so tired of this. Jumin looks you in the eyes and says:

 

"I'll go change and wash up. You can too if you want to. Then will you join me for dinner? We can just chat like normal and talk more about this another time,"

 

Thank you Jumin for being able to put things aside for a moment. 

 

"Yes. You go," you look down onto your feet, "I have to cool down some, I think,"

 

Jumin leaves. Time to just enjoy good food and good company. Gosh...