MC #6

What if MC turned him down? - A Jumin route extension

MC~

 

"What colours are the Armenian flag? Answer in Arabic please~"

 

The door is telling you. Should you look it up? Or call Seven? You have a feeling looking it up and doing as the door says won't get you through. Seven won't have this as his only security. Especially not when the entrance to his house is looking like a military bunker. 

 

You call Seven and he let's you inside. 

 

"Hello MC!"

 

You greet with a hug. 

 

"Has everything been fine? No strange things?"

 

Seven seems worried, and you reply by telling him that it's all good. His face expresses relief. 

 

The two of you enter his living room. It's fairly dirty, not at all how you remember it to have been when you last saw it. Seven goes to his computer and grabs the phone on the desk. He hands it to you. What a relief.

 

"Thank you God Seven, you're awesome,"

 

You give him a thankful hug. Seven is a bit startled.

 

"It's nothing MC..."

 

You look through your bag and pull out Seven's red dress. He blushes when you hand him the dress. You tell him you washed it and that you are thankful for being able to borrow it and for everything he did that day. Since it was a bit awkward the last time you saw each other you ask him:

 

"Well, you were busy last time and I don't want to be a rude guest but, maybe you have time for tea now?" 

 

Seven nods with a smile and the two of you head to the kitchen. The red head drinks a vanilla flavoured tea with lots of honey added. You decide to have something more traditional rather than original. 

 

"You know," Seven says as he sits down by the table, "I'd treat you with biscuits or goldfish-shaped bread if I had any... and I suppose you don't fancy some honey Buddha?" 

 

He chuckles. You as well. You start talking about this and that and the boy is especially interested in if anything suspicious happened and how exactly you hurt your ankle. 

 

"Are you seeing Jumin soon?"

 

"Yes we have decided to meet and talk tomorrow,"

 

"Driver Kim drove you here?"

 

You nod and Seven adds that he hopes everything goes well. Conversation flows and as always it's easy to laugh and talk about interesting and odd things with the hacker, that is until you notice Vanderwood in the kitchen door. He is standing with his arm crossed and has that very much annoyed expression on his face as he watches the two of you. 

 

"Hello Vanderwood!" 

 

You excitedly greet the man, causing Seven to turn around in surprise. 

 

"Hey MC," Vanderwood gives the red head a sharp gaze, "And Seven-Zero-Seven,"

 

Seven grins nervously and waves and then returns to his tea, but only for a little moment, since he can feel Vanderwood's eyes cutting through his neck. He hastily raises and brings his tea cup to the sink and then heads past Vanderwood out the kitchen door and up to his computer without saying a word. The man with long hair follows him with his eyes and doesn't return his attention to the kitchen until the hacker is sitting down by the desk with the computer . Vanderwood sighs.

 

"Any tea left for me?" 

 

You are a bit startled, so before you can reply the man has already grabbed a cup. He sits down in the seat Seven just left.

 

"I'm sorry for ruining the moment,"

 

He takes a sip of the hot tea. It's a red tea. You, chuckle a bit as a way to relieve the tension and tells the man:

 

"I was a bit surprised,"

 

You both drink your tea and you gaze through the door at Seven who has his head in his hands and seems to be thinking deeply. Vanderwood catches you watching.

 

"You should worry about him. He doesn't work like he should be working and it might be causing us a lot of trouble..."

 

"I'm sorry... I'm distracting him... having tea was my idea,"

 

Vanderwood sighs.

 

"You're definitely not the one to blame... are you an agent? Why are you here?"

 

"I'm not an agent... I'm just Seven's friend. And a member of RFA,"

 

"Okay. I never really caught who you were last time we met. You look a lot more..."

 

"Polished?" 

 

You wonder and smile. You weren't at your best the last time you saw Vanderwood. 

 

"Quite so. And your foot seems to be better?"

 

"Did Seven tell you about my foot? Yes it's fine now,"

 

Vanderwood nods and sips his tea. You start talking. Seven's, said to be, maid is just as nice as he were the day of the party. When you have both finished your drink he puts the cups away in the dishwasher and wipes the table before he approaches the working agent at the computer. You follow him out of the kitchen. The red head jumps when Vanderwood pokes a finger in his shoulder. You hear them chattering quietly but you can't distinguish any words. You wonder what you should do. Just... leave? No...

 

You walk up to the computers. There are two and now Vanderwood has occupied one as well. On the brunette's screen there is a picture of a man with a black moustache and some information. On Seven's screen there are a lot of numbers and there is coding being done. There is also a square in the left bottom corner with a map and a blinking dot. You stare at it for a moment and realise that the map is over the area and that the dot is blinking right where they are at. 

 

"Uhm Seven..."

 

You tap his shoulder to ask him if you should go and as he turns around in surprise your phone rings. The odd thing is that the exact moment your phone starts ringing Seven's computer makes a beeping sound and Yoosung's name and avatar appears in the little square at the hacker's computer screen. You pick up your phone and look at it, and compare it to Seven's screen. It's the exact same. Seven quickly closes the window on the screen, but you saw it.

 

"Yes MC?"

 

He asks nervously. He doesn't meet your eyes when you pierce through his.

 

"Why are you tracking my phone?"

 

Vanderwood sees what's going on now. Seven laughs nervously and swallows.

 

"I think I have the right to know,"

 

You cross your arms.

 

"It's..."

 

"I thought you had checked if I was dangerous already!"

 

"I have! I mean... V told me to do it,"

 

You raise an eyebrow. Seven and V had been doing research on you before but they always told you. They never did it behind your back before.

 

"Why didn't you tell me?" 

 

"Because V told me not to tell you,"

 

"Why did V tell you not to tell me?"

 

"I... honestly don't know,"

 

You sigh. 

 

"Anyway I should get out of here... thank you for the tea... and for my," you suddenly stop in mid sentence, thinking for a bit. This is a bit suspicious, "phone,"

 

You go on to the living room and wave to the two men at the computers. Vanderwood waves and tells you goodbye before he gets up to lecture Seven who is staring blankly at his screen. 

 

You get out of the building and is met by driver Kim holding the car door for you. Hopping in and thanking the man you think about how Seven would never do something that would hurt you. You aren't mad at him, how could you be? But you can't deny what V has to do with this is suspicious. 

 

You're meeting Jumin tomorrow. It's very much about time to talk things through face to face. You've spent a lot of time thinking about why you said no that day and why you're feeling so complicated during the time your foot was healing. And, Jumin might be intelligent but this is not going to be easy to explain to him.