Jumin #1

What if MC turned him down? - A Jumin route extension

Jumin Han~

 

The shirt is very uncomfortable. And don't even get him started on the tie. It's so tight, it feels like it's strangling him. To be honest his hands feel a bit sticky, as well as the inside of his shoes. He sighs loudly in the backseat of the van. Why is he like this? It's not like him at all, so this is kind of a new experience. Is he... nervous? No, that couldn't be it, since he is about to meet his love. This must be excitement, desire and love.

 

"Are you well Mr. Han?"

 

Driver Kim rarely asks such questions so Jumin is a bit surprised. Was he that obvious? 

 

"Yes. Of course,"

 

It was a pain escaping without the gossip reporters and newspapers following this evening. They've been banned from the office and the penthouse but they seem to always find a way through the system. Driver Kim holds the door for him and he steps out onto the street. It's an unoriginal commoners' district with buildings as unique as the surname Han. He'd like to see MC's former apartment, to get to know more about her and get closer to her. He scans the area with his dark eyes. Zen's apartment is right there and his motorcycle is parked outside, but MC isn't here yet. Jumin decides to see if Zen is at home and approaches the door to ring the bell. There are a few boxes right outside the door, it's gifts from fans. He tries pressing the bell several times but there is no answer.

 

"Mr. Han...!"

 

Driver Kim suddenly calls, causing Jumin to turn around. The man spots two people in the distance coming closer, a beautiful woman and a male with silver hair. A frown immediately appears on Jumin's face. The woman, his woman, is coming towards him on crutches. She is jumping on one leg. The man takes big and speedy steps, approaching the two. He grips the woman's upper arms and leans in to give his beloved a kiss on the cheek. Then he throws a murderous gaze right into the red eyes next to her. 

 

"Hey Ju..."

 

"What the... What happened?!"

 

The words are almost being shouted by the man who is known for keeping his cool.

 

"Dude... chill..."

 

Zen lightly grabs MC and it causes Jumin's anger to boil up. 

 

"Let go of her. Right now...!"

 

He tugs on Zen's arms but he isn't letting go. 

 

"Stop it guys. Jumin, we can explain..."

 

He stops and glares at Zen. He knows it's Zen's fault, it's obvious. Zen was supposed to protect her and he didn't. Jumin is almost ready to jump on the jerk in front of him but he decides to listen for MC's sake. 

 

"Hm, so you know we got stuck in the lift to my apartment?" MC begins and Jumin nods patiently, "so I was wearing the high heels from the party... and when the lift stopped I fell on my ankle and sprained it,"

 

"And you were in the lift with Zen right?" 

 

"Yes..."

 

"What did he do to help then? He should've held you or something to make sure you didn't fall... or no," Jumin scoffs, "I wouldn't want him to hold you... Zen shouldn't have been with you in the first place! Can't you just leave her alone. This is your fault!"

 

"It's not..."

 

MC is cut off by Zen who is now as furious as Jumin.

 

"What are out talking about?! I took care of her while you were busy being a jerk!"

 

"If you don't remember, you didn't exactly let me see her! You are just keeping her to yourself! You are so inconsiderate of our relationship..."

 

"Dude seriously, you are making zero sense! Do you think you being a jealous will heal MC's ankle?!"

 

"You..."

 

Jumin can feel himself loosing control completely.

 

"You know it's not like I forced her to be here with me! She doesn't want to ing see you Jumin! Can't you get that into your pompous god da...!"

 

Smack. Zen reaches with his hand to touch his cheek where he'd just been slapped. A redness appears on his face. Jumin retreats his hand and feels really strange and uncomfortable until Zen's fist clashes right into his face. 

 

"Ju-min...!" 

 

MC's voice sounds muffled as it reaches his ears. The hit was so hard his vision almost goes black, although the pain doesn't arrive instantly due to the shock. He can feel an arm on his back, supporting him and when his vision gets clearer he notices red drops of blood on the ground. His hand flies up to his nose and the blood is now covering his hand instead. The black haired man looks up at Zen with an unreadable face. Then he grabs MC's arm with his free hand.

 

"Please MC, follow me to the penthouse... please..."

 

His voice is drowning from the blood running from his nose. The woman looks so upset and torn. Her eyes are watering and she bites her lip as she speaks:

 

"Ju... Jumin... you aren't ready... I'm so sorry... are you okay?"

 

"No..." He sighs and his dark eyes are filled with sorrow, "But I have no choice,"

 

Jumin starts walking back to the van. He can feel Zen's sharp gaze in his back. His hand is covered and there are drops of blood all over his suit. Driver Kim is terrified and hands the man a napkin as he escorts him inside the car. As he is taken to the penthouse Jumin can feel his face throbbing and he starts sensing the pain. At his house, he refuses all assistance and help. He sighs as he finally can lock the door behind him and then runs to the bathroom to wash off all the blood. All of his clothing except for the dress shirt he wore under the jacket and his underwear are stained. He strips and leaves the stained pieces be on the bathroom floor. The business man heads out to one of his living rooms and slides a big window open to step out on the terrace. The night air is fresh and the cold breeze makes the hair on his bare legs stand up. The terrace overlooks the beautiful garden. Jumin's heart is so heavy at this moment. He tries to study the garden for comfort but he just feels more depressed. Not even the star printed sky cheers him up. How could it all go so... wrong? It's like he can't feel his heart beat anymore. He swallows. Does MC really not want me...? A single tear rolls down his pink cheeks. It trails down his neck and even down his chest under the mainly ed shirt. Jumin feels nothing and everything. 

 

"Meow,"

 

Jumin turns around to see Elizabeth approaching him up on the terrace. The man follows her with his gaze assuming she will rub herself against his leg. The thought annoys him, but Elizabeth doesn't meet his expectations. She stops right next to Jumin and just sits there and looks at him with her blue feline eyes. The terrace is of course cat-safe so he doesn’t have to bother about her really. However Jumin feels a slight bit of comfort in the blue eyes looking up at him. He turns around and holds the door for Elizabeth who elegantly paws inside, and then follows her. The man heads to the kitchen to grab a bottle of wine. They had been consumed in a larger quantity these past days. He hesitates for a second before he picks the cat up, and then sits down in a red velvet armchair. Jumin hasn't really spent any time with Elizabeth 3rd since he fell in love with MC so he feels a bit uneasy at first when he pets her. Her white, soft fur against his palm is soothing. He pours a glass of wine and takes a sip and then let's it rest to the side. That's when it hits him. The tears start falling from his eyes. The flood of tears reaches the cat's fur and dries. He cries and cries. The water doesn't stop flowing and he is shaking. This is the first time Jumin Han has ever cried for real. He cries all night. More or less. With Elizabeth in his arms and a bottle of red poison.