Jaehee #3

What if MC turned him down? - A Jumin route extension

Jaehee Kang~

 

Jaehee unlocks the door to her apartment and steps inside like usual. She loosens up her tie, takes off her jacket and glasses just like she usually does. There is something that is different this day though. Yes there are still several documents from work she puts down at the desk in her room. And yes she stills goes to the kitchen to start the coffee maker. But today, there is a bright smile on her face. She is in a good mood because, god, she is home. She is free. For the whole weekend. The woman strips off her tights and skirt and puts on a regular t-shirt and loose shorts. It's been ages since she has used these, but she's really in the mood today. 

 

The brown-haired puts on a DVD of one of Zen's musicals. It has nice and more popish songs than most. She can't help but move to the beat and dance a little. When the coffee is ready she dances her way to the kitchen and does a hair flip as she pours the coffee. She grabs the cup saying "Coffee is love, coffee is life" and makes sure not to sway her hips to much to the music to keep the hot brew in it's place. 

 

She sees Zen sing and dance as his character on the stage and squeals in excitement. He's so incredible! She takes a sip of her drink and then puts it down on the small table in front of her sofa. Jaehee dances along and starts humming the song and after a while she even sings along. After two songs her pulse is high and she crashes in the sofa. The coffee is now cool enough and it tastes absolutely delicious. She throws a glance at a magazine thrown onto the table as a more calm song is performed. The woman picks it up and flicks through it. There are pages dedicated to the 'Rejection of the corporate heir'. She had bought the gossip magazine to get a grasp of the situation and she remember sighing helplessly over the articles, now she can't help but laugh at the ridiculousness. The paper gets thrown into the recycling bin. 

 

Mr. Han had been acting so strange. He had been taking some of the work that she had been assigned and portioned it out to other employees and even taking some on himself. He had allowed her to go home every other evening to have dinner at home. Vacation had been mentioned and now he had given her the entire weekend off, even telling her to ignore business calls, when she usually worked at least half of the weekend. Normally she'd not let herself relax because she knew Mr. Han would be back to normal soon. However, that was not the vibes she was getting this time. To be honest, it was the opposite. The assistant felt as if her boss were to stay like this for a while, so she lets herself relax and have, fun. Whilst sipping her coffee she even thinks of going out on Sunday. Today is only Friday. She has plenty of time. 

 

Of course this happiness is due to MC's impact on Mr. Han somehow, Jaehee gets that. She was already feeling thankful for the encouragement MC has given her ever since she joined, and now she felt extremely grateful. Even the worries about Zen's, Mr. Han's and MC's relationship is almost thrown away. 

 

Sitting in the couch with her favourite drink she realises how exhausted she actually is. Jaehee could probably fall asleep right at this moment now when she finally let her brain relax. She never fell asleep due to relaxation, always due to extreme exhaustion and there is a difference. Her eyelids feel a bit heavy. Zen looks awesome on the television. The emotion in his eyes, the passion in his voice, his every movement influenced by the character. Jaehee loves that, it's inspiring. 

 

The woman's eyes fly open when the phone buzzes beside her. It's Mr. Han. She hesitates to take it, she was told not to take business calls? Mr. Han is part of RFA as well...

 

"Assistant Jaehee Kang,"

 

"It's me. You picked up, good thing,"

 

"Yes Mr. Han..."

 

Mr. Han sometimes spoke of how tired he was hearing her voice at the office and how he didn't want to speak on the phone. Jaehee admits to herself that she is equally sick of Mr. Han's voice.

 

"Hm... I hope I'm not bothering you in your spare time,"

 

"Well... what's the issue?"

 

Okay. Maybe Mr. Han didn't change longtime... God. She should've seen this coming. Following Mr. Han is always more work. 

 

"Well, I was thinking twenty first to twenty sixth is a good date..."

 

"... yes? I know we have an extremely important meeting the twentieth..."

 

"And that's why I scheduled the twenty first,"

 

Is Jaehee missing anything obvious? Did she forget anything major?

 

"What are we discussing exactly?"

 

"Your vacation? We discussed it earlier today,"

 

Jaehee's hand flies up to her forehead, the hair away, her eyes wide.

 

"Oh. I didn't think it was..."

 

"Already decided? Yes it is,"

 

It takes a second longer for her to answer.

 

"Yes. The twenty first to the twenty sixth is... great. Thank you so much Mr. Han,"

 

"I have over two years of debt. Don't mind it and I hope you'll enjoy your vacation in time and for now, your weekend,"

 

"Thank you Mr. Han, I will,"

 

"I won't bother you anymore, have a good evening,"

 

Jaehee takes a deep breath after the phone call ends. What the hell was in Mr. Han's morning coffee? She is so shocked and relieved at the same time. 

 

One of RFA's women has the best sleep she has had in a long time that night. Curled up in her bed in her most comfortable night gown, hugging the soft sheets. She smells sweet after the shower she just had and the sheets has a fresh scent to them. Jaehee really, really, deserves this.