MC #4

What if MC turned him down? - A Jumin route extension

MC~

 

"Woah, MC you have made it so nice here...!"

 

Zen expresses when he steps into the small hallway. After about twenty minutes of taking turns on working on the lock, the two of you finally managed to get into the apartment. He is viewing your living room through the opening right in front. There is a light coloured sofa with lots of different coloured cushions framing a part of the room. In front of it is a coffee table in dark wood and a big cupboard which's doors are wide open, exposing a small television and a collection of various things. The mat on the floor is quite exotic and exploding with beautiful colours and there are plastic plants in the window. Now when you look at it, it doesn't seem like you moved out at all. You follow Zen through your apartment and he seems impressed with every room as he is making sure to compliment the decor and cleanliness.

 

"It's very cozy in here, the bedroom of a princess really!" 

 

He states as he admires the heavenly bed with white curtains. You giggle and thank him. You start looking through your old wardrobe, there are still lots of clothes that hasn't been moved. 

 

"Zen would you mind waiting in the kitchen, I'm just going to cha..."

 

You're interrupted by Zen who's eyes open wide and hands fly into the air as if he was a criminal getting caught. You laugh at his odd reaction as he storms out of the room. 

 

You change into an old dress. It's light blue  and in a flowing material, with long sleeves and a black bow at the collar. The skirt ends above your knees. You put on a pair of blue socks, even though you will still have to wear the heels you came in. You try to sort out your hair the best you can without a brush available, but it seems to be fine since Zen is stunned when you come out.

 

"That dress looks wonderful on you! Much better than that extravagant dress that pompous dude bought you..."

 

"Thank you Zen... but did you really not like the dress Jumin gave me? I must say I love it very much..."

 

You are just teasing Zen, it's fun to see him get a little flustered. 

 

"Oh, no, I mean it was stunning on you, but that dude doesn't know when it's appropriate for extravagant dresses..."

 

The two of you head out to the small hallway and there is a bird identical to the one guarding the door, only this bird has a smaller, real key stuck under the wing. You take it out, it's the extra key to the apartment. 

 

"MC..." Zen looks like he is having a thought, "Why did you agree to live in Rika's apartment when you have it so lovely here? Was that all for the sake of... RFA?" 

 

You smile and nod in response.

 

"Woah... you are such an amazing person really... so brave to trust us and take security seriously,"

 

"Don't praise me too much. Bravery can be stupidity in disguise of a synonym at times,"

 

"Well... just by you saying that I know you aren't stupid..."

 

You and the handsome man laugh. When you finish, your stomach makes a loud growl, causing the two of you to burst out in giggles again.

 

"Poor little lady, been eating two goldfish-shaped bread during the whole day..." Zen pouts, "How about we get some proper, but early dinner? Don't worry we can eat another dinner later! And MC... what kind of question is that! Of course I'll pay for your meal!"

 

You blush at the embarrassment of not having any money to buy yourself a meal. The party dress is left on your bed for now and you don't forget to bring your purse. You slip into your heels and fortunately it's one of the season's warm days because you don't have any outdoor wear at the apartment. Zen, of course, offers you his jacket immediately but you politely refuse.   He actually looks a bit disappointed not getting to lend it to you. You step inside the lift and press the button to get to the ground floor. 

 

"I hope Jumin is not chasing after you himself now...! It wouldn't surprise me at all... So, what do you want for early-dinner? Maybe you want some chine..."

 

Zen's smile fades as the lift starts shaking heavily. You grab his arm for support and when the lift's movement suddenly completely dies you fall over and drag Zen down with you to the floor. It's so quiet, you are holding your breaths. Zen has grabbed your arm as well and he is looking up, with searching but shocked eyes. After the moment of silence he opens his mouth:

 

"Are you okay, MC?"

 

You are about to say that you're fine but as you move there are knives digging into your ankle. The damn heels. 

 

Zen notices your pained expression and is worrying in an instant.

 

"How are you? What is it? Did you hurt yourself?!"

 

"It's fine, it's just that my ankle got into a little accide... ouch!" 

 

Zen tries to help you stand up and you are whimpering in pain. After trial and error he guides you down on the floor to sit. He gets on his knees and pulls off your shoes. The man gently touches your ankle, checks your face to see that you're not in too much pain, and grabs it and places it upraised with his knee as support. 

 

"I've gotten these kinds of injuries before during rehearsals..."

 

"So you've been rocking some high heels in your days?"

 

You and Zen crack up at your joke. What a strange situation.

 

"It's amazing you can make me laugh in this emergency situation... Oh, ouch I should be a bit more gentle, sorry little lady,"

 

He excuses himself when your chuckles are broken by a cry in pain. 

 

"Oh Zen... what have we gotten into? The lift is stuck right? And my ankle... shouldn't we call for help?"

 

Zen puts down your ankle very very gently and then raises to press the emergency bell. He is a bit flustered as he reads the instructions and then tries pressing the button only to find it getting stuck half way. It just won't go in completely no matter how many times he pushes, always half way. Zen ignores it after a while and supposes the button was made like that. He returns to you and the floor. The handsome male leans against the opposite wall, still while steadying your injury. There is a long moment of silence. Zen seems to be lost in thought. You close your eyes, it feels good. Zen seems to be trying to break the quietness, hesitating at first. 

 

"Yeah... I really can't believe you are laughing and being calm in a situation like this..."

 

"Zen, it's okay we're just stuck here for the moment..."

 

"I am not talking about this... I'm talking about your relationship with Jumin and the amount of times you've been snatched away during the last twenty-four hours and the fact that you are blaming yourself for how the party turned out and how the jerk's company is doing..."

 

He looks you directly in the eye as he speaks.

 

"You were even like this when you and the RFA was in danger because of the hacker and when Jumin locked you up in his house... I'm not saying you are weird or putting any judgement in my words. I just think it is very comforting. When you are calm like this it comforts me and I can feel better as well since I have a strong and mature person next to me."

 

You are quite astonished by his kind words but you smile at him and tells him that that was probably the most mature speech you've ever heard from him. Zen smiles back. 

 

"On another note, should we call someone?" 

 

You ask and Zen picks up his phone. 

 

"Suggestions?"

 

"Maybe... we could call Jumin after all?"

 

He is chocked with your proposal. You blush a tiny bit and lower your head.

 

"Are you going mad from the pain?"

 

"Well... I... kind of miss him... You know I love to have you by my side Zen, but I miss Jumin being here to protect me,"

 

The mouth is almost speaking by itself. The words sink in after you've uttered them and you realise that you are actually longing for Jumin, a bit at least. Zen looks quite offended but seems to shake it off.

 

"Hm, I suppose it's natural for you to miss the one you like, even if it's a jerk... but I think got a better idea little lady,"

 

He ends the sentence with a wink and then puts his cellphone to his ear.