MC #3

What if MC turned him down? - A Jumin route extension

MC~

 

Why don't you just text him? What is making you so nervous? That is what you ask yourself as you wander around in the living room. The red dress is still what you are wearing and your hair is brushed but still on the messy side. Still no socks and you keep stepping on scattered honey Buddha chips, making Vanderwood sigh at every sound of a chip crushing into small pieces. Seven has been working on his computer since you woke up. The inside of your chin is soar from you biting it constantly. You pick up your phone, it's 11:36. If you message him now, maybe the car won't come? Or maybe you are anxious for no reason, why couldn't you go to the penthouse? You read his message again, and you still find it somewhat threatening. You slap your own face lightly, earning a judgemental gaze from Vanderwood dusting off a shelf. Time to woman up and text him.

 

"Jumin please cancel the car ride... I don't feel like it's a good idea. Leave me for now and I'll talk to you later."

 

You type fast and press send so you don't loose your courage. Jumin's answer arrives immediately, almost like he has been waiting for you to text him.

 

"No. You don't have anywhere else to stay. I don't want to leave you for now, that is the last thing I want to do." 

 

He really is stubborn. But he is also right. You don't have anywhere to stay, Luciel hasn't said anything about you staying at his place longer or moving to Rika's apartment or anything else for that matter. And you don't have any clothes or belongings since they are all at Rika's apartment. 

 

"Stop stomping around and making more of a mess," 

 

Vanderwood comes waddling with a mop and a bucket of water in his hands. He puts it down right in front of you and rebelliously wets the mop in the water. 

 

"Yah, what's your name?" 

 

"I am, MC..." 

 

"Why don't you help me cleaning this mess?" 

 

You have been getting the vibe that Vanderwood isn't really Seven's maid and feel a bit sorry for him, so you help him clean. It's a good distraction.

 

You help Vanderwood clean the floor of Seven's living room. The two of you exchanges little dialog but you find him quite funny. You are even laughing a bit when your phone interrupts with a noise. Your face hardens.

 

"The car has arrived just outside. Go out and get inside. And don't forget to bring your lovely dress..." 

 

You look at Jumin's message and then at the time. It's 12:04. You make a decision. 

 

"Excuse me but I have to go... tell Luciel thank you from me, and that I borrowed his dress for now..." 

 

You grab the blue dress you wore at the party and slip into your heels before you wave at Vanderwood as you leave the place. 

 

Out on the street there is an expensive van waiting for you. Driver Kim is standing outside and is relieved when he spots you.

 

"Miss MC, we are ready to leave," 

 

Stop doubting Jumin. That's what you are telling yourself. One part of you insist that he wouldn't do anything that would hurt you or make you unhappy, and the other part is sending warning signals. He did actually lock you in there before...

 

Vroom vroom! The silent debate you are having is interrupted by a loud motor sound. A motorcycle is coming right towards you and the van with high speed. It stops right in front of the street.

 

"MC! Hurry and take a seat!" 

 

It's Zen. Of course it's Zen. The knight in the shining motorcycle clothing has come to your rescue, and it feels so right. Your gut feeling says go for it and you quickly step forward and throw your leg over the motorcycle. He hands you a helmet and the second you grip Zen's waist the motorcycle flies off. The two of you leave driver Kim, who has a dumb expression on his face, in the blink of an eye. 

 

The air hitting your face causes your eyes to water, but you are feeling great. Riding in the wind at this high speed, you can understand why Zen escapes with his motorcycle at times. It is, however, a bit cold and you have to hold onto the blue dress real tight for it not to be taken by the wind. Zen isn't wearing any helmet, he must have given his to you. 

 

You arrive outside an apartment building. Zen helps you off the bike, you stumble a little in your inconvenient shoes.

 

"Where are we?"

 

You ask him.

 

"We are at my place! But don't worry I have another plan where you might be able to stay," He says and starts leading the motorcycle "I wanted to drive to Rika's apartment so you could get your stuff first but... I don't know the address," 

 

To be honest you feel quite familiar with this street. Actually, very familiar. 

 

"Zen, I think this is close to my house," 

 

"Huh? Your house? Rika's apartment?"

 

"No, my old apartment," 

 

You still had some clothes and belongings there. It had only been a few days of you staying in Rika's apartment after all. 

 

"Woah, you must have read my mind MC... My plan was to ask you about your old house,"

 

You look around and spot a goldfish-shaped bread shop. It's the same one you occasionally would get some from. 

 

"I used to buy bread from there,"

 

You point towards the shop and the small shop owner waves at you. The two of you waves back. 

 

"Amazing! I could have never thought we were neighbours all along,"  

 

Zen's positive expression changes as he stops and scans you from head to toe. 

 

"Are you wearing... Seven's clothes?"

 

"Yes..."

 

"And you are carrying the dress you had at the party with you..."

 

You notice his expression harden. You walk up to him and place a hand on his shoulder.

 

"Zen, I hope you haven't been too worried for me... I've been fine... I'm just being selfish,"

 

The words doesn't seem to impact in the way you hoped they would as Zen's face turns even angrier instead of softens.

 

"This isn't fine! I am about a hundred percent sure that god damn jerk would've locked you up in his house again! I understand you wanted to comfort him the last time... but don't fall for that trap again! God I'm so angry with him..."

 

You give him an anxious look, bite your lip and decide wether you should tell Zen how you honestly feel about it or not.

 

"Well, to be honest Zen... I... think you are right about Jumin,"

 

His eyebrows raises in surprise when you say it.

 

"I think you are right... but that doesn't change my feelings about him nor the fact that I can see why he is acting like that,"

 

"So you do have feelings for him... but I'm glad you aren't blinded by... love, I guess..."

 

You let go of his shoulder and the two of you lead his bike and lock it up before taking a stroll. 

 

"I would've liked to show you my place... but priority one is finding your old apartment and getting you someone appropriate clothing... isn't that dress a bit short MC? Now don't look at me like that! You can wear whatever you want I just want to protect you, alright? Can't believe Seven would fit into that... Aish! just thought of him in that dress is making me shiver!"

 

Zen is great company and you two got close quickly when you joined the messenger. There is never an awkward moment with him and you share a lot of laughs. You stop on the way to get some goldfish-shaped bread since you are starving and hasn't been eating during the whole day. Zen ends up paying, your wallet is locked up in Rika's apartment. The two of you munch on the bread as you walk down familiar streets, you are close now. 

 

"Here it is," 

 

You announce and Zen holds the door for you. 

 

"Ladies first," 

 

You decide to take the lift since it's practically impossible to walk up the stairs in heels. The apartment is on the 4th floor and the door is decorated with a little golden bird carrying a key under it's wing. 

 

"So here is where the little lady lives. It feels nice to get to go here, it makes me feel closer to you," He says and smiles "Now, where do you have that key of yours?"

 

Oh. The key. You feel so stupid for not thinking of that. Of course you haven't got the key. 

 

"I... don't have it... God I'm so stupid," 

 

You face palm at your own mistake and then you meet Zen's eyes and for some reason his foolish expression causes you to giggle. Giggle turns into laughter and Zen cracks up as well. The situation is so silly.

 

"What do we do..." 

 

Zen mumbles and scratches his head. 

 

"Do you know how to pick locks? You were a bad boy back in the days after all," 

 

You say it in a humorous way and another small laughter escapes from the man. 

 

"If you had stayed at Seven's maybe he would've taken you to Rika's apartment eventually,"

 

"That's true, although it's hard to know when he isn't available," 

 

"So how about trying to pick that lock?" a smirk is plastered onto his face, "I did not know you were such a bad girl MC,"

 

You rummage through a small purse you had been bringing with you since the party and find a pin you used to do your bun the other day. You hand it to Zen and you both squat down to get a better look. He starts working on the lock.