Twenty Three

The Deck Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 23 -  I’m the bad guy... Duh! 

The rest of the day went away in a bliss. All of my warriors worked on their powers for hours before they finally called it quits. The dinner was also a bliss as everyone on the table was happy with themselves and their surroundings. Including Jungkook and Namjoon. 

In fact, now that the tension between us is gone, Jungkook seemed more open and more childish to everyone. Almost similar to sehun in a way. Those two boys were now the babies of the family. 

I felt happy that the boy no longer hates me. In fact, he follows Kyungsoo’s example and ends up being the most fussy person in the house. Everyone could see the bratty teenage side of his coming out as well as the sweet, innocent one too. He switches his personality like he’s changing his clothes. 

“I want to play with him!” He demanded for the fifth time when I took Tan away from his grasp. That boy was being too obsessive over my little puppy. “Please, noona. Pleeeeasee....” he begged like a little child. He had his puppy eyes trained on me. He even did a small ayego. 

I raised an eyebrow at him. 

He bit his lip and gave up his little act. 

“Fine. Keep him. But know that he likes me the most. Right hyung?” He cooed to the little pup. I slapped his giant hands off.  

“His name is Tan, not hyung.” I corrected him for the fifth time. He just shrugged my words off and blew a raspberry in tan’s direction. 

I rolled my eyes at his actions. 

Soon, both Jungkook and Namjoon left, but it took time. I had to literally howl the younger boy away from Tan while both Namjoon and baekhyun were laughing at my struggling body. In the end, I managed to tame the wild teenager and sent him off his merry way. Let’s just say, I also received many glares in return. 

Oh well... that’s that. 

It was at around in the middle of the night when things became weird. 

First of all, I was plagued by the dreams of that beautiful boy again. His killer smile causing my  heart to do leaps. He looked as pretty as he looked last night. The only difference was that this time, he was wearing something on his neck. I couldn’t see what it was because it was hidden under his white shirt. 

The whole dream was a little clearer this time. I could see that I was sitting in a meadow. A very beautiful meadow. There were all kinds of flowers around here. They ranged in many different colours and in many different species. But it wasn’t the flowers that grabbed my attention, it was the dark blue-haired boy. He was lying flat on the ground like a beautiful god. His eyes were closed. It seemed like he was sleeping. I shifted closer to him. The flower crown on his head was crooked to the side a little bit. Maybe I should I fix it? 

As soon as I reached my hand forward to touch his hair, a loud crack was heard and I opened my eyes. 

I gasped as a sudden coldness seeped through my body. The sensation nearly making me jump up in my own bed. I quickly got up and checked myself for anything cold. 

Nothing. 

There was absolutely nothing. 

All I was doing was sweating. There were cold beads of sweat running along my forehead and arms. 

Taking in some slow, deep breadths, I rested my forehead against my palms. What the heck was that feeling? Why was I woken up so suddnely? 

I looked up at the dark shadows of my room. The lights were all turned off. Somehow and for some reason, the dark room felt unusually cold. Like very cold. It was almost as if the temperature has drastically dropped into the minus. 

I looked at my little pup to see him also shivering. Bringing him into my lap and covering both of us in the thick blanket, I tried to stop the chattering of my teeth. 

In the five minutes I’ve been woken up, the cold in the air has increased. Something is telling me that this change in temperature is not normal. Rubbing my hands together, I turned to the side to look at the large window beside my bed. 

The outside view consisted of the front porch of the house. Putting Tan in a comfortable position, I slowly crawled out of my bed and moved closer to the window. The temperature drop here is greater than the temperature near my bed. I had to consistently hug myself to keep my body warm. 

Opening the window glass a little bit, I was suddenly hit with a rush of cold air. It ruffled my hair a bit. It felt weird to be honest. The cold air was different. 

I looked at the dark night. There was no wind, just an unusual silence. I felt shivers run down my back as I waited silently for anything to pop up. 

Then, it did. A dark figure, about baekhyun’s height. He was standing very still, staring right at me. My breathing picked up as I noticed how sharp his cat-like eyes were. The icy blue colour of his hair was matching the crystal ice knife, hovering in his right hand. He was dressed in a blue checkered cardigan, white shirt and black jeans. I bit my lips as I saw an evil smirk appear on his lips. He slowly raised his hand and waved lightly, mouthing words ‘hello’ in a mocking manner. 

In an instant, I stumbled back in fright as I realized that the boy can see me. But how? I thought the whole house was invisible to all outsiders. 

Without any thought, I ran out of my room and straight to the one located at the end of the hall. Barging in, I jumped onto the sleeping figure, waking him up from his deep slumber. 

“Kyungsoo!” I screamed, shaking the boy. He looked at me with one open eye. “T-there’s someone out there. They can see us!” I explained as I pointed to my room. 

He groaned and looked at me with an annoyed expression. 

“Don’t you think it’s a bit too early for your little pranks? It’s bloody 3am in the morning!” He whined, turning around to face the other way. “Go to sleep, turtle.” 

I glared at him. Taking the side of his green blanket, I pulled it off him in a loud whip. In an instant, he tried to get it back but I moved back towards the door, narrowly missing his grubby hands. 

“Yah, turtle! Stop annoying me!” He screamed, finally pushing himself off the bed. 

I grabbed hold off his collar and pointed in the direction of my room. 

“There’s a ing man outside the house with a bloody knife you dumb !” I screeched. “He has a ing knife! He can see us! Heck, he even mocked me by waving at me!” 

I was breathing deeply by now. He looked closely at my eyes. 

“Where?” His voice seemed less annoyed and more serious now. He must have finally noticed my sweating state. 

“I-In my r-room. Outside the window.” 

Quick as lightning, he ran to my room with me in tow. We came to a stop near the window where I pointed out the figure to him. The man was still there, smiling and playing with his huge ice knife. His eyes were still trained in my direction.  

“Hyung.” I turned to Kyungsoo who had suddenly turned white. The blood had completely drained from his face. He was shaking as he stared at the man outside. 

“Soo, what’s wrong? Who’s that? How can he see us? Do you know him?” I fired questions at him like bullets. He did nothing but stood there, frozen in his spot. After few seconds of doing nothing, he suddenly closed the window glass shut and covered it with the curtains harshly. 

“Yoonmi..” the fact that he’s using my name instead of ‘turtle’ was a clear indication as to how serious and frightened he was. “Call everyone downstairs. Now.” 

And with that, I nodded and ran out of the room, again. 

 

****** 

 

“He’s your what?!” I screamed in shock. 

“Our big brother. The eldest. The strongest of the group.” Chanyeol informed me as we all gazed out the giant window in the living room. It was still middle of the night. We were all hunched down onto our knees as we stared out the window in fear. Everyone was so scared that no-one dared to open the lights. 

“I don’t understand. What is he doing here?” Kyungsoo whisper-yelled. The man outside was still there, grinning and playing with his knife. 

“How am I supposed to know?” Chanyeol retorted. “I’m not his favourite. Ask kai.” 

“Well, kai is not here you dumb bimbo.” My earth warrior said angrily, making the tall red-head glare at him. 

“Would you both stop fighting?” Baekhyun interrupted, smacking both of their heads. “We have a manic brother standing outside our safe house, holding a freakin ice knife, ready to end us.” 

“He’s not going to kill us, right?” Sehun asked wearily, holding Tan in his hands protectively. I had taken the little pup with me when I ran out of the room earlier. I just couldn’t leave him alone knowing there’s a strange man looking at us. 

“I don’t know, sehun.” 

“I want to know how he can see the house. Isn’t there a invisibility spell around this place?” I asked, glancing back at the icy man in fright. 

“There is.” Kyungsoo answered. “I’m sure of it. Technically, he shouldn’t be able to see us.” 

“He’s not.” A quiet voice whispered. I turned to my side to see Chen shaking from head to toe. His fingers were sparking every once in a while. 

“Hyung, you need to calm down.” Sehun said calmly as he also noticing the sparks. Chen looked at me before closing his eyes and taking deep breadths. Slowly, the sparks disappeared. I relaxed and hugged him in comfort, his arms clung onto me for support. 

“He can’t see us.” This time, he said it more clearly and loudly. 

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun asked. 

“He can’t see the house. He can sense it.” Chen clarified. “I mean, think about it, he’s an exceptionally talented tracker. And with the five of us here, his tracking instincts must be going in overdrive.” 

“That actually makes sense.” Kyungsoo nodded. “But why is he here?” 

“Because of us.” Chen squeaked out. Everyone felt the temperature drop. I glanced back at Chen to see him nearly at the verge of crying. “He’s here because we escaped. The eldest member of the Jung family owns him. He’s here to take us back.” 

“No. I won’t.” I said quickly, shaking my head. “I won’t let anyone take you guys away from me.” 

“He’s dangerous Yoonmi.” Chen said, looking at me in fear. “He’s the eldest. He knows how to track us down. I’ve seen him kill people with his powers. He doesn’t care about right or wrong. He’s different from us.” 

“But why? Why is he so different from you guys?” I asked in complete confusion.  

“Few centuries ago, he shut himself out.” Kyungsoo spoke up. “I was there when it happened. The Jung family and the Song family used an ancient ritual to lock his human side away. They made him into a killer. He feels nothing but ice. His heart has turned cold.”

“He’s a maniac.” Chen clarified. “He’s not our brother anymore. He hasn’t been that person since centuries.”

“You gotta be kidding me, right? A ritual?” I exclaimed in disbelief. “You mean witchcraft?” 

“Yes and no.” 

“What does that even supposed to mean?” They all looked at me in silence. “Come on, you guys have to be honest with me. I need to know all the facts in order to help you.” 

“She’s right. I think we should tell her.” Sehun voiced out when none of them answered to my question. 

I looked at them, waiting for an answer. It was baekhyun who agreed first. 

“Fine.” He sighed and crawled a bit closer to me. He waved his hand around and five balls of energies appeared over his hand. They all had different colours. Blue, red, brown, white and purple. 

“Let’s start with the basics. As you know, we have three forms of dimensions in this world. The human world.” He started, morphing the five balls into an accurate picture of Seoul’s time squa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter