Twelve

The Deck Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12 - The Yoda

Okay, I have to admit. I was not expecting a giant yoda. I’m serious. I mean with those bright, fluffy, red hair and big ears, I don’t know what else to refer him to. I mean, look at him! The boy is practically a giant tower. He was dressed in the most weirdest clothes I have ever seen. He seemed to be wrapped up in an old wizards robes. They s around his body like a blanket. There was also a hood attached at the back. I could see various red and black coloured clothing inside it. 

What exactly was his theme? 

I blinked at him few times. It seemed he was scanning me with his bright grey eyes. And yes, he has grey eyes. 

“Master.” He said suddenly, snapping my focus onto his voice. Oh man, it was deep as hell. It didn’t match his baby face but it somehow seemed fitting. 

“Uhh..” I honestly don’t know what to say. My plan went as far as claiming him so he wouldn’t disappear and baekhyun wouldn’t cry. 

“I’m sorry, master. I remember what I did.” He continued, going down on his knees, bowing his head deeply. “I will accept any punishment you will bestow on me.” 

Wait... bestow? Who the hell even uses these words anymore? 

“Okay, look... Chanyeol right?” I said after pausing a bit. He looked at me with sincere emotions in his eyes. “My name is Yoonmi. Please call me that, not master. Second, you already apologised earlier today. I’m not angry, nor do I hold any grudges towards you. If you want to apologise to someone, then please apologize to your brothers. They need it more than I do.” I explained, bringing him up from his kneeled position. 

He stared at me in disbelief. It felt like he didn’t believe me. 

“You’re serious?” 

Okay, I do not like his attitude. I thought he was the happy virus? 

“I mean it.” I said, taking the sweet approach. I want him to like me, not hate me. “I know this might be a little hard for you to grasp but I’m different. I don’t treat my warriors like other wielders do. You guys have every right to be yourself around me. I don’t judge.” I finished, lightly ruffling his red hair. 

Omo, they are so soft. 

“By the way, I love the red hair. It makes you look so cute.” I cooed, pinching his cheeks with my fingers. He did nothing but stare at my actions in shock. I giggled. Maybe he’s not that bad. 

I looked at his card and noticed how new it looked. No creases, no cuts, no scratches and no bents. It was perfect. I turned around the card to see an accurate picture of chanyeol bursting into flames. His eyes were glowing yellow. And there was Phoenix wings behind him. It made him look powerful and majestic. 

“Nice picture.” I commented, showing him the card. He bit his lip. I quickly put in my front pocket. “So, are you ready to go?” He blinked at me few times before nodding. I wrapped my hand around his long arm and pulled him to the blue fire still circling us. “You should know, Apparently, there’s a hunt going on for your card. Everyone at the school is looking for you. Right outside this circle are my cousins who are probably waiting to grab you this instant. Now, if you want to go with them, then you can, I will not stop you but just a fair warning, they treat their warriors like . I guarantee you, they won’t be any different compared to your old masters.” 

His face instantly turned into fear. He moved away from the blue fire, dragging me along with him. 

“No. Please, don’t send me back to them.” He pleaded with wide eyes. 

“I’m not going to send you back to them.” I assured him. “I was just explaining the situation we are in right now. We need to find a way to escape them. They’ve got five other wielders as bodyguards with them. I think we are outnumbered.” 

He looked worried. I don’t blame him. I was worried too. How are we going to escape without alerting the whole school? The rules strictly said that only Royals can claim him, but I ended up claiming him up instead. Would they take him away from me? No, they shouldn’t. I claimed him fair and square. 

“Did you say they were outside?” He suddenly asked me. 

“Yes.” I looked at his face. A small grin appeared on his lips. 

Next moment, he clicked his fingers and the blue fire around us roared higher. It was only for a second but whatever it was, it shook the ground a bit. I looked at my new warrior in question. 

“Uhhh... was something supposed to happen?” I asked unsurely. 

He grinned. Pulling me with him to the edge of the circle, he flicked his hand to the side. The blue fire instantly disappeared. 

I looked at my new view. Complete darkness. I couldn’t see my cousins or their gang of soldiers anywhere. 

“What happened?” I asked in shock. The boy next to me slowly produced a small fire on his hand and made it float above us. 

“I just did Pyroportation.” He answered with a shrug. 

“You did what?” I looked at him in confusion. 

“Fire teleportation.” He clarified. “I used the fire to teleport us to a different location on this campus. It works when I’m surrounded by my own fire.” 

I looked at him in awe. 

“That is so COOL!” I shrieked in excitement. “I mean.. you just... wow.” I couldn’t form any words. Instead, I quickly went on my tippy toes and kissed him on the cheek. He instantly turned pink. I giggled. “I’m impressed, chanyeol. Very impressed.” He glowed. 

Aigoo, he’s so cute. 

“Come on, let’s go find your brothers and then we all can head home.” I announced as I gripped his arm again. I pulled him forward just as the floating fire illuminated our path. “You know, both you and baek have similar powers. Is that why you guys are so connected to each other?” I asked curiously. He starred at me before nodding. 

“He’s my best friend.” He answered quietly. 

I looked at him and saw a small smile creep on his lips. 

“I can tell.” I commented with a smirk of my own before continuing on the path. With him around, it seemed less scary now. 

“So, just to be clear... you have no problem if I call you by your name?” He asked me, nervously. 

I threw him a grin, nodding at his question. 

“Yup, no problem at all. Just don’t go overboard with it. I’m already dealing with D.O calling me a turtle.” I grumbled, tightening my grip on his arm. He’s so warm. “I mean come on, a turtle? Do I look like a turtle to you?!” 

He stared at me blankly. His eyes roamed over my figure. 

“Ya. Eyes up on this beautiful face.” I scolded him playfully. He chuckled. I rolled my eyes. I swear to god, boys will always be boys. 

We continued to walk for a bit in silence. I could see him throwing glances at me every once in a while. I tried not to notice them but it was hard. I mean I have a super hot giant yoda, walking beside me with his arms intertwined with mine like one of those cheesy couples in tv shows. It made me blush way too much. I swear if it weren’t for the darkness around us, I would have died in embarrassment. 

Just then, something swinged by my head. It felt like a sharp knife. I was about to yell out at the intruder is when someone pushed me down on the ground. I ended up laying flat on my back as a  heavy weight appeared on top of me. I tried to move the ten-pound weight off me but a hand covered my mouth before I could do anything. 

“Shh..” I blinked blankly at the dark figure on top of me. Was that Chanyeol? Just then, a small fire appeared beside my face. It illuminated a head with red hair, hovering over my own face. I gulped at the closeness of my newest warrior. There was something long dangling from his neck. It was tickling the base area of my neck. 

“Quiet.” He whispered as he banished the small fire from existence.

I bit my lip as I listened carefully to my surroundings. Someone is definitely here. And they are not friendly by the look of it. I mean, who would throw a knife at my face? I was lucky it missed me.  

We continued to stay in our position, waiting for the intruder to move. My heart was beating lou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter