Five

The Deck Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5 - D.O

He kissed me?

He kissed me?!

Oh my god, he kissed me on the cheek! 

Ahhhhhhhh..... 

“My poor heart!” I exclaimed dramatically, clutching my chest. “How will you be able to digest this kiss from the cute koala boy?” 

Namjoon.

My name is... Kim Namjoon.

Ughh... why is that boy making my heart flutter so hard? I’m a heart patient!

It has been quite a shocking experience when that koala boy kissed me and ran away like a blushing boy. The faint pink on his cheeks just made me giggle so hard. 

“Awww.... He’s so cute!” I cooed at my teddy bear, shaking him up n down and planting it with numerous kisses. 

Master... 

“Omo...” I jumped back at the familiar voice. I looked at the glowing card in my hand. I totally forgot about releasing Mr. Card. “Omo, I’m sorry Mr. Card. I guess I got a little carried away.” I grinned nervously. 

The card buzzed as of accepting my apology. I smiled in return. 

“So, now that I know how to free you... are you ready?” I asked, crossing my legs as I placed the card on my bed. It was still glowing. “Okay, here we go.” 

I picked up the card and placed it on my lips. Making a kissing sound, I let it rest there until I felt a sudden warmth fill me up from inside. The feeling of being surrounded by forest and the calming feeling of nature rushed through me. Next moment, there was lots of white whisky smoke with a light green tint and then BAM, a short boy stood infront of me. Like Namjoon, he was a total eye candy. He was about my height, maybe an inch taller. His eyes were large, just like an owl. And they were trained right at me in a surprised manner. I couldn’t help but grin at his owlish face. I found it cute. He was dressed in grey sweatpants and a forest pullover sweater. 

“You look pretty.” He stated in his deep voice. I instantly flushed. 

“Uhh.. I wasn’t expecting this but thank you for the compliment.” I smiled, trying to keep away the pink in my cheeks. Woof, it’s getting really hot here. 

“I want to thank you for keeping me safe from those kids.” The nameless warrior started, bowing his head in submission. He went on his knees and kissed my hands in gratitude. “I will serve you to the best of my ability, master.” 

I stiffened at his words. This is not right. 

“Please don't do this.” I said, pulling him up from the floor and forcing him to sit beside me on the bed. “First of all, don’t call me master. My name is Yoonmi. Please call me that. And second of all, you are not my servant. You are your own person. I will never treat you like the other wielders do. You have full control of your life here with me.” I explained. 

He gawked at me. 

“B-but....” 

I sighed loudly to cut him off. 

“As you know, I’m new to all this. I may not understand this wielder and warrior world properly but I know that no-one deserves to be treated so cruelly. I only freed you because it’s cruel and evil to keep someone trapped in a card. You have no duties towards me.” 

“But you’re my master. You claimed me. I can’t just ignore you.” The boy said quietly.  

“You can. You have every right too. I won’t punish you and I won’t hurt you. I’m only looking for a friend. It’s fine if you don’t want to be. I understand the pain you must have been through from your previous masters.” I said, looking at his various injuries that are hidden behind that pullover sweater of his. 

I know I shouldn’t be starring, but that ugly gash on his wrist that runs deep inside the sleeve of his sweater was too distracting. I wanted to have a look at it but I don’t know if he will allow me to. 

I looked at him, expecting an answer but was met with silence. Maybe he’s still uncomfortable? 

“You are very quiet.” I commented after few minutes of silence and constant starring. I looked him up n down, taking in every detail about him. 

Maybe I should do the first gesture? 

Taking a deep breadth, I reached my hand to his injured wrist. 

“May I?” I asked hesitantly, pointing towards his injured wrist. He stared at me for few seconds before nodding. 

I smiled, quickly grasping his injured wrist. Fetching my emergency first aid kit, I started tending on to his wound. The cut or gash, whatever it is, wasn’t that deep but it was quite long. It started from his wrist and ended at his elbow. It looked new. 

“If you don’t mind me asking, how did you get this?” I asked quietly, noticing that he was still quiet compared to his greeting earlier. I think he’s still thinking. 

“Someone bent my card in the wrong way.” He said, looking anywhere but my face. “I didn’t feel it until you took me.” I looked at him in worry. Did I do this? “Don’t worry, It’s wasn’t you..” 

I relaxed at that. 

“Was it those kids?” 

“One of them.” 

I bit my lip. Those evil little twats! 

“I don’t know how to process you.” He said after a while. I looked at him, urging him to speak. I need to know what he’s thinking. “When you saved me, I thought I would pay you back by being the best warrior but you turned out to be different. I have never seen a wielder act this way before.” 

I laughed nervously. 

“Maybe I’m the first?” I suggested, smiling at him. 

“Yes, you are the first.” He agreed, nodding his head. “Do you really mean what you said?” 

“Yes.” I replied without any hesitation. “You can be yourself here.” 

“Okay.” He nodded, scooting closer to me. “It’s new to me but I can handle it.” 

I smiled. 

“For a moment, I thought you would be like The koala boy and would make me work to get you out of your shell, but instead you seem pretty accepting of my passive ways.” 

The boy shrugged. He rolled up his sleeves more for me to apply the medicine. 

“I heard you rambling. So technically, I had heaps of time to accept you. It was pretty fun.” I narrowed my eyes. 

“Speaking of that...” I smacked him lightly on the head. “What’s with that flying card trick, huh? You nearly took my eye out.” 

He stared at me in shock. 

“Ya! You said you wouldn’t hurt me!” He countered, throwing a playful glare at me. 

“As a master you idiot. Right now I’m being the person who you nearly blinded.” I said pulling his cheeks in return. He scooted away from me but I pulled him back to bandage his wound. “Stay still you midget.” I scolded him. 

“I was just trying to get your attention.” I heard him mutter sadly.  

I sighed. 

“Sorry.” I apologised. “What’s your name?” 

“Kyungsoo. But I prefer it if you call me D.O.” he grunted, flicking his dark black hair. 

“Aww.. it’s such a cute nickname. Just like an owl.” I cooed, making the last knot on his bandage. “There, all done.” I annouced. 

He looked at me weirdly. Did I embrace myself already? 

“I am not an owl and I am NOT cute.” He stated, flicking my forehead. I yelled at the pain. 

“Motherer!” I growled. 

“YA! Watch your language, young lady. Is this the mouth you use to kiss your mother?!” 

 A small smirk appeared on my lips.  

“Yeah, I do. And I used it to kiss you too. Want another one?” I teased, sticking my lips out for a kiss. I saw his eyes widen in fear and next thing I know, he’s ten feet away from me on the other side of the room. 

I laughed loudly. 

“Stay the away from me!” He screamed with a pink face. 

“Oh wae? Don’t you like me too?” I smirked, standing up from the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter