Fifteen

The Deck Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15 - Apples Apples Appley Apples 

The moment Krystal dropped that bomb on me, I started panicking like a mad women. Song Mina. The one person I’m trying to avoid for so long is going to be in my next class. I mean come on! Why does she have to be in my class? Ughh.. please, someone just kill me right now. I don’t have enough brain cells to get through her. 

You seem... distressed. 

I looked at my leather pouch near my hips. He’s talking now? 

“Yes, Chanyeol. I’m distressed. I’m gonna be dying soon.” I whined, exaggerating my voice a little. “I’m going to be murdered by Song Mina in my next class!” 

The girl who bullied you? 

“Yup. The one and only.” I answered. It looks like Kyungsoo had briefed him on my pity life. 

Oh... 

I sighed deeply as I leaned back on the tree. I was sitting down on the ground in Indian style. During Soongi’s class, we were told to gather out here in the green field infront of the main building to meet our field instructor for the next class. I ended up coming a bit too early. 

“Chanyeol, did you like the pie?” I asked, keeping my hand on the leather pouch. 

Yes. It was tasty. 

“I know right.” I agreed. We had meat pies for lunch today. Kyungsoo wanted us to come back home so he could feed us his veggies but I felt a little rebellious for some reason. “What do you think Kyungsoo’s gonna say when we get back home today?” I asked with an amused smirk. 

That little is going to be livid. 

I laughed at his statement. Over the lunch break, that awkward moment between us has seemed to disappear. He seemed a bit more open now. 

“I’m glad someone agrees with me.” I replied, giggling. “That owl head is going to be so bossy tonight. Lets prey that we survive tonight to see the next day.” 

I heard a chuckle from the warrior. I smiled. He’s not that bad. 

After a while of waiting around, I pouted my lips as I looked at my surroundings. Students were starting to gather at the place. I could already see some of them giving me weird looks. I think they recognised me from yesterday, which means it won’t be long before I will be receiving those slice-the-neck hand motions. Aish... I hate those motions. They creep me out. 

Shaking the unhappy thoughts away, I decided to stare at Krystal. She had just appeared on the grounds with her crew. They were talking about something. It brought a smirk to her face. I tried not to get bothered by it. I was more concerned about the card she showed me earlier. Is she a good wilder? Is she treating the warrior in that card nicely? Or do I have to snag it away from her too? 

Okay, hold up. I would probably not do anything like that until I have talked to the boys about this. Who knows she might actually be a good warrior? Considering those twin warriors I saw with her in that party were very loyal to her, there is a possibility that she might not be a bad cookie. 

I let out a deep breadth before looking down at the grass below me. Suddenly, a shadow appeared over my head. I looked up to see the same guy from yesterday. Kang Daniel. My field instructor if I’m correct. And there was someone else with him too. My uncle. 

“I see you are back.” The instructor said with his cheeks puffing out. I in a breadth. Woof, he looks so gorgeous with that face. What does he eat? 

“I guess I am.” I replied, standing up from my sitting position. 

“Do you have a card?” 

I went to nod my head but my uncle interrupted me, as always. 

“Come on, Daniel. The poor girl is a late bloomer. She needs more time to find a card.” He boomed, patting the instructor on the back. I could see that the boy didn’t appreciate the constant patting that my uncle kept doing to him. If I’m correct, the boy had already seen right through my uncle’s act. 

“Let her speak.” He said calmly. “Do you have a card?” 

I opened my mouth to reply but my uncle cut me off again. 

“It’s okay sweetie if you still haven’t found a card yet. I’m sure we could give you an—“ 

“You have a card, right?” Daniel asked, cutting my uncle off. He seemed a bit pissed off. 

“Yes.” I said loudly before my relative could speak again. “Yes, I do have a card.” 

“Good. Line up. Class starts in five.” And with that the young man vanished from view, leaving my uncle stunned. 

I mustered up a fake smile on my face. 

“Have a good day, uncle.” I announced before walking away. 

Wow. That man is horrible. 

“Tell me about it.” I muttered, with a heavy sigh. 

“Little Lee?” I stopped in my tracks. Oh . 

I turned around to see the one person I was dreading to meet. Song Mina. 

“Mina.” I said with a fake cheer in my voice. “What a pleasant surprise?” 

“What are you doing here?” I blinked. Damn girl, why are you so straight forward? 

“What do you mean?” I said playing dumb. She narrowed her eyes at me. 

Cue in Krystal and her overly sweet voice. 

“Ladies, I see you guys have met.” She cheered, coming in between us like a referee. 

“What is she doing here?” Mina questioned her sister while pointing her long nail at my face. 

“Oh, you haven’t heard? She’s the late bloomer that the whole school was talking about, sister.” Krystal answered with a fake gasp. “She’s quite famous among the peers.” 

“What? I don’t believe it!” 

“It’s the truth. Right Yoonmi?” Krystal asked with her too sweet voice. I just threw her a fake smile in return. 

“This is impossible. She’s a rat!” Mina exclaimed, glaring at me. 

Ouch, that hurts. 

“And you’re a .” I replied with deadpan expressions. “The typical bad that doesn’t like anything that is better than her.” 

She growled at me. I chuckled in return. 

“Jealous? Hurt?” I said with a tease in my voice. “I feel sad for you. It takes a lot to live up to my standards. A basic bad can’t do that.” I smiled at her fuming face. 

“I don’t know how you got here but I’ll make sure that I bring hell onto you. It will just be like old times, little Lee. You and your face being plastered on the floor.” She grinned. 

The words themselves caused my insides to burn in anger but I held it down as I forced myself to shake my head in disappointment towards her. This girl will never change. 

“I feel sad for you, Mina. I really do. You are still stuck in your high school phase.” I said, patting her shoulders in pity. “But don’t worry, do your best. I’ll be ready, waiting to shoot you down at every chance I get.” 

“We’ll see about that.” 

“We shall.” And with that, I bumped my shoulders with her on purpose before walking off. 

Okay... I think I played it cool. Or maybe not. 

“Ughhh... I hate her so much!” I shrieked, kicking a tree nearby in anger. 

Woah... someone’s angry. 

I instantly threw a glare at the leather pouch. 

“Ya, do you wanna die?” I growled. He shut up instantly. “That’s right. Don’t test me when I’m angry.” 

I looked at Krystal who was now talking to her group again. That wicked witch of the west. 

“Does anyone not have a card?” I heard Daniel’s voice boom over the gathered students. Everyone’s eyes flickered to me. But I ignored them. “Good, now gather around.” Everyone moved forward, including me. I made sure to be atleast few feet away from any hostile figure. Don’t want anyone attacking me while I’m focusing somewhere else. 

“As you all know from yesterday, my name is Kang Daniel. And I’ll be your field instructor for the rest of the year.” I nodded. He probably said it again because of me. “Now, all of you, get one of your cards out and let us begin.” 

Everyone pulled out a deck of cards from their pockets. The numbers of cards varied from students to students. They each picked one card and put the rest away. I noticed how openly they shoved their cards in their own holders, without any fear. They should be a bit more careful about this. Anyone can attack them freely and take away their cards. As far as I’m aware, once you loose your cards then you are good as dead. It was Rule number six that Kyungsoo made sure to drill it into my mind. Maybe, it was a good idea to leave my other two cards back at home and brought only chanyeol’s. 

As I looked at the students, I noticed that Krystal didn’t go for the card she showed me earlier. Instead, she went for a card that had a infinite symbol on it. She noticed my stare and smirked. Does she know? I hope not. She looked at my waist intensely. Her eyes zooming on the leather pouch around my hip. It’s black material was peaking out. I quickly hid it again and stayed where I was. Was she expecting me to pull out my cards so she can have a look at my deck? 

I scoffed. 

I don’t need to get my warrior’s card out to call them. There’s a thing called ‘talking’ that most of the wielders hadn’t discovered yet. 

I looked at the front again. We were next told to summon our warriors. As if on cue, everyone kissed their cards to call out their warriors. Some going as far as even be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter