Eight

The Deck Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8 - The Cute Flesh-Eating Monster  

“D.O, I’m tired.” I whined for the hundredth time as I latched myself onto my warrior’s arm. 

Apparently, after getting the keys, I had let D.O out to help us find our dorm. But after an hour of searching and running around, my mood has decided to descend. We’ve been running around the whole south side of the campus in circles wth no idea or sense of direction where our dorm could be. 

“Do you think they might have made a mistake? We could go back to the main building to ask for help.” I suggest, shaking the boy vigorously. 

“No, I’m sure we’re close.” 

“You’ve been saying this for the last 15 minutes, D,O.” I pointed out. “Come on, let go ask for help. One should never be afraid to ask for help.” 

“No, I can sense the house is somewhere here.” I frowned at his words. 

“You can sense the house? How?” 

“It’s hidden. By earth and light magic. There’s an illusion here.” He said quietly. I had to strain my ears to hear him. 

Looking around the place, I tried to identify anything peculiar. We were actually standing at the very far side of the south side of the campus. I could only see a small park few metres away and the same rows of two-storey houses. The houses here are much bigger and more grand looking than the one near the fountain on the main road. I wondered who would live in such big houses?

“There!” I heard Kyungsoo shout before he left my side and ran to a huge line of tall trees that covered the view behind it. I think it was the forest area I saw earlier. The trees hid the view and gave an impression of a deep forest. “Did you see that flash?” 

“What flash?” I asked, looking sharply at the spot he was pointing at. There wasn’t anything there except an old looking tree. Moving a bit closer, I inspected every bit of the greenery in my view. “I don’t see any flash, D.O.” 

“I can see it, Yoonmi. This whole area is glowing like a tv screen.” He said, looking at the large area behind the old tree. “It’s an illusion. It isn’t supposed to be here.” 

I looked confusingly at him. What does he mean by that? 

Being wary of my surroundings, I moved further into the forested area and raised my hand to touch the dry bark of the old tree. 

“Hello?” I called out stupidly. Suddenly, A sound of something shifting echoed in my ears. I turned around in panic. What the hell was that? 

“D.O?” I asked out loud, noticing that he has disappeared from my side. I moved away from the old tree and looked around me to find my bossy warrior.  “D.O, this is not funny.” I said loudly. 

No reply. Just silence. 

Okay, I was now feeling a little scared. I wildly looked around my surroundings to find him but discovered that I was completely and utterly surrounded by trees. Alone. 

The houses that were just behind me had disappeared from view too. The small park and the constant chirping of the birds has also vanished. All I could see is a forest. 

“D.O?” I called out again. I was really getting scared now. What kind of is this? 

Yoonmi! 

“D.O? Is that you? Where the hell are you?” I screamed. The voice definitely belonged to Kyungsoo. But it seemed very faint. Like it was travelling away. I ran forward to catch the voice but ended up bumping into a broad chest. 

Confused, and partially scared, I looked up at the person who has just appeared out of nowhere. 

It was a boy. Average height and white milky skin. His hair was in the dreamiest shade of pink I’ve ever seen. He was dressed into a large white hoodie that made him look cute and puffy. What surprised me the most was his eyes and the amount of eye-liner painted over them. It made him look like the creepiest version of a sweet vanilla boy. 

I moved back in fear as I noticed how narrowed his eyes were. They were trained directly onto me. Scanning every inch of my body. I flinched as a smirk appeared on his plum lips. They were so pink. 

Who is this boy? And why is he shinning so much? 

“Umm... w-who a—” I tried to form the question but he cut me off. 

“You’re such a pretty wielder.” The boy spoke. I felt my heart skip a beat. His voice... it was so smooth and sweet. So child-like. 

“T-thank y—“ I tried to say it but he cut me off again. 

“Mind if I eat you? I’m really hungry. I haven’t eaten anything since years.” I froze. Did he just...? “You look juicy.”

Okay, now I was totally freaked out by this pretty boy. Is he mental? 

“W-What are yo—“ Again he cut me off. But this time he got hold of my shivering hands and pulled me forward into his chest. I yelped as my head suddnely hit his broad shoulders again. I gulped. Why does this boy smell so nice? I could smell the faint sweet scent of roses and bubblegum from him. 

“Yeppeo.” He said quietly. I looked up at him in shock. Like his hair, his eyes were the most beautiful deep shade of brown I have ever seen. I noticed he was starring at me intensively. I tried to fight the heat from rushing to my cheeks. “I’m still going to eat you.” He continued. 

I gulped. He’s going to eat me? But why? Wait, is he a flesh-eating monster? But he’s so beautiful. 

“You are cute.” Again, I tried not to blush. What’s with this boy calling me pretty and then talking about eating me. 

“Stop..” I hissed out as his constant starring burned holes into me. He was looking at me as if I’m his food, which probably I am if he’s a flesh-eating monster. 

Taking a deep breadth, I gathered up my energy and pushed him hard. The force of it knocked both of us onto our butts. I ended up rolling onto the leafy ground while he landed into a large pile of dead leaves beside me. 

Taking this as my opportunity, I shuffled to get away from him but somehow he took hold of my ankle, pulling me down back onto the ground hard. I winced at the sudden pain. 

“Not too fast, sweety. You’re my dinner.” I heard him smirk just before he climbed over me, pinning my hands up above my head, while trapping my entire upper body with his body. 

I gulped as his face was inches away from mine. 

The ing bastard was smirking. 

“Look at you. All pinned and fluffed up to be my food.” He joked, moving closer than before. I was left starring at him. I couldn’t bring myself to speak. His scent was overwhelming my senses. 

“Please stop.” I said weakly when his presence made me loose my senses. There was something about him, urging me to pull his beautiful face closer. 

Wait... beautiful face? What the hell is he doing to me? 

“Hmm.. I don’t know. You are too fluffy for me to let go.” This time he said it in a cute childish voice. “Can I eat your cheeks first?” He continued, placing a soft kiss on my red cheeks. I felt my whole body tingle at his touch. “Or maybe your eyes?” He placed another kiss to my eyes. 

Was he tasting me or loving me? 

“Oh I know... how about your lips?” He cooed before moving in to claim my lips. That right there was the last straw of my patience. Before he could place his soft, pink, plumping lips on my own, I managed to free a leg and raised it up with speed, landing a large blow to his crotch. 

Instantly his face scrunched up in obvious pain and his grip on me loosened. 

“Eat this you man-child.” I shrieked, stuffing a handful of leaves into his face before moving away from his withering body. 

“Ya! Do you wanna die? What was that for?!” The boy screamed as he cont

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter