Four

The Deck Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4 - The Koala Boy  

Honestly, I should be screaming my lungs right now, but the idea of a boy materialising infront of me out of nowhere was too much of a shock. I could even feel my mother shaking me, trying to get my attention. I was truly frozen. 

The moment those red lips touched the card’s smooth surface, a white wispy smoke appeared around the living room. It had a light blue tint to it but was mostly white as it gathered on a single spot beside the Professor. The smoke cleared and a boy appeared. 

He was tall and very slim. His arms were slightly thick and his thighs too. He had a white loose full-sleeve shirt on and beige brown pants with no footwear. What surprised me the most was his head bowed in submission. His shiny silver hair sticking up in all directions. From my spot, I could see his face resembled a Koala. A very cute, adorable koala. 

He was by far the most beautiful boy I’ve ever seen in my life. If it weren’t for the seriousness of the situation, I would have swooned. 

“My lady.” He spoke, gently and softly to the professor. 

I felt my breadth hitched. There was something sad about his tone. Whatever it is, it’s hitting me right on the chest. Poking my skin and burning the organs behind it. My breathing got deeper as something unnatural grasped my heart. I could feel it squeezing me with every passing second. 

“Yoonmi, what’s wrong?” My father questioned as soon as he noticed my grip on the couch. It was tight. My knuckles had turned white. 

“I can’t breathe.” I hissed, clutching my chest. Am I having a panic attack? 

“It’s him.” 

“Stop.” Someone ordered. 

Next moment, I felt the grip on my heart disappear, and I was able to breath again. Tears smeared my cheeks as I gulped a handful of breadth and tried to regulate my beating heart. It was pounding against my chest like crazy. 

I looked up to find the boy gone. He had vanished from his spot. 

“I’m sorry, dear. I should have informed you about the pheromones that the warriors release. You will get used to them as you spend more time with your warriors.” 

I glared at Professor Lizing’s face. She did it on purpose. I could see the excited glint in her hawk eyes. She was not sorry at all. 

That . 

“It’s alright Professor, you can call him back out.” I said after few seconds. The pain has stopped now. 

“I think it’s best if we leave him in the card” she said as she picked up a offered cookie. 

“No, I insist Professor.” I smiled politely. You think I’m going to let such a handsome cutie be trapped into that card? In. Your. Dreams. . 

“It’s alright Lizing. Call him out. We had already trained Yoonmi’s body to handle the pheromones from a very young age. This was just a small side effect of not being around a warrior for the last few years.” My father offered. 

I snapped my head at him. I have been around other warriors before? When? 

“If you say so.” My eye twitched at her defeated tone. 

Cue in the smokes, and BAM! The koala boy is back. He was still bowing down. He seemed a bit stiff. I followed where his eyes were and noticed the blisters on his bare feet.

“You’re hurt.” I called out, grabbing everyone’s attention. His feet were cracked from all angles. I could see pieces of glass sticking out from the sides. The blisters themselves were the size of a thumb. 

“Oh, it’s nothing. Just the consequences of his recent actions.” The lady dismissed. She was reaching for another cookie, not caring about the obviously hurt warrior beside her. 

I felt anger overwhelm me. Screw this. 

I got up and stormed off to fetch the first aid kit. Making my way back, I dragged the Koala boy to my previous spot on the couch. I tried not to blush at his well-defined muscles under my hand. Forcing him to sit, I started working on his feet. I’m no expert but I’m familiar with the basics. All thanks to Our family doctor. 

“What the hell are you doing?” 

“Treating your warrior, Professor.” I smiled, looking up at the shocked warrior. His mouth was hanging open just like a koala. 

“He’s a warrior. He doesn’t need this.” The Professor fumed. 

I sighed. 

“He’s a human being. I know it’s a new concept for you to grasp but you need to know, warriors are just like us. They feel pain just like the way we feel pain.” 

“He is not like us. We’re superiors to them!” 

I didn’t bother replying. I continued to wrap the bandage around the boy’s feet. 

“Lizing, just drop it. You know we are different to other families. Yoonmi has our traits inside her. She’s stubborn and won’t listen to you anymore. Don’t worry, she’s not stealing him.” My mother reasoned. 

I scoffed, I don’t mind stealing him. I can get down and dirty if you want me to. 

A hand lightly smacked my head as I glared up at my father. He was giving me the look. He knew where my thoughts were heading to.

Ignoring the whole room, I continued to do my work. It wasn’t long before my parents handled the situation and took the professor for a house tour. Mostly all the academy related stuff was done so now they were just being good hosts and showing our mansion like house to the lovely Professor. 

“There. All done.” I announced after some time. I quickly put the box away and sat beside the frozen warrior.

I laughed at his open mouth and quickly tucked on his cheeks. 

“You look just like a sleeping koala. Why are you so cute?” I cooed, pulling his cheeks back and forth. 

Still no reaction. He was still starring. 

I picked up a cookie from the plate nearby and stuffed it into my own mouth. 

“Hmmm.. you know, my mum makes the best cookies of all time.” I teased, waving a piece of the sugery food in his face. “They are super tasty. I haven’t seen anyone resist them before. Wanna try som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter