Sixteen

The Deck Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16 - An unexpected turn of events 

That night, dinner came with a flurry of events. For one, both me and chanyeol did receive that loud scolding we were expecting from Kyungsoo. His voice turning into a loud alarm to my tired ears. It was annoying but I didn’t voice it out. Just by looking at his scary evil Satan eyes, my mouth refused to say anything at all. 

“Out. Now.” I didn’t need telling twice. I tailed out of the room as soon as my earth warrior’s gaze shifted to my fire warrior. While I was let off with some shouting here and there, chanyeol was a completely different case. The tall boy was practically assaulted by my earth warrior’s grubby hands. 

“Please tell me this is not some kind of that D.O likes?” I whispered to the fluffy pink hair boy next to me. We both were squatting down on the staircase, peeking at the weird scene going on infront of us. I wanted to run upstairs, away from Kyungsoo’s heated gaze but the scene infront of me was too good to miss. 

“I hate to admit it, stupid.. but yes, D.O has a very unique with chanyeol.” Baekhyun said as he slightly flinched at the sounds of cries coming from his best friend. 

I looked back at the scene to see Kyungsoo, intentionally pinching chanyeol’s chest with his hard fingers. He seemed to be aiming at the upper chest where I could roughly see an outline of chanyeol’s small manly s. 

s. 

I shivered, shaking my head. What am I thinking? I don’t need to know this. 

I heard another cry from the said warrior. This time Kyungsoo going in for chanyeol’s bum. 

Okay, I’m out of here. Too much censored stuff going on here. 

I slowly stood up and ran up the stairs. Time to ignore my silly warriors and focus on the two new ones that will be coming soon. 

 

*****

 

By the time I returned back downstairs, things have seemed to settle down. Seeing as its close to dinner time, I instantly started helping Kyungsoo with the food. We worked in sync as I chopped the vegetables while he cooked them. Despite his scolding earlier, he still treated me as if nothing ever happened. And I was glad for that. 

I also noticed that both chanyeol and baekhyun were keeping a wide gap between them and Kyungsoo. Especially chanyeol who kept rubbing sore spots on his body. I tried not to giggle at his scared faced. 

Ding Dong

We all heard the familiar ring of our front door. Everyone in the room looked up with puzzled expressions. 

“Oh, that must be the pretty boys.” I said as I quickly wiped my hands on my apron. Kyungsoo looked at me with confusion written over his face. “I invited some guests over for dinner.” I explained, patting his shoulder as I walked around him and headed to the main door to welcome the two new members. 

“Namjoon.” I said excitedly as I opened the door to find a tall silver-haired boy with a huge grin. He was dressed in the same clothes that he wore on the first day he met me. I moved forward to give him a huge hug. His arms wrapping around my waist instantly, lifting me up so I could latch onto his shoulders. 

“Yoonmi.” I heard him whisper in my ear. It sent cold shivers down my back. His minty breath tickling my bare shoulders. I let out a small nervous laugh in return. This boy is going to be the death of me someday. 

Releasing myself from his grip, I looked to his side to notice another tall figure. He was standing a bit back, right into the shadows, refusing to reveal himself. I could see the familiar black clock softy ruffling around his legs. His pink bunny watch sticking out like a sore thumb. 

“Hello, little bunny.” I said sweetly, tilting my head to the side and plastering a cute smile on my face. No movement. I looked at Namjoon for permission. He nodded. 

“Kookie, say hi.” I bit onto my bottom lip to stop a smile from appearing. Namjoon really needs to work on his parenting skills. He pulled the boy out of the shadows by his arm. 

I gasped the instant I saw his face. Holy moly dolly... he was beautiful. I wasn’t expecting the fourteen year old to be this pretty.  He looked nothing like his age suggests. Infact, he looks like an angel, trapped in a 18 year old body. A body filled with the right muscles and with a very attractive baby face. Oh god, why are all warriors so beautiful? 

Unlike Namjoon, the angel boy was dressed in a white collar shirt and dark ripped skinny jeans. His famous, familiar black cloak was wrapped around his shoulder like a blanket. I could see it flutter behind him as Namjoon pulled him infront of me. 

I noticed how beautiful his chocolate brown eyes were. There were some dark circles underneath them but they didn’t do anything to his glowing beauty. And his hair... They looked almost black but I could spot a flicker of brown shades on the ends. 

“Hi.” I beamed at him. 

He looked at me with pursed lips. I felt like he wanted to say something but couldn't. A light shove from the older warrior shook the boy out of his silence state. He looked down at his hands in shame. 

“Hi.” He said softly. I had to strain my ears to hear him. 

“What’s your name?” I asked him. I can’t keep calling him bunny boy. It’s too boring. 

“J-Jungkook.” 

I studied his face closely. I wanted him to look at me, not his hands. Should I touch him? Can I touch him? I still remember the little shock I received earlier. Is that something to do with his powers? What are his powers? 

“That’s such a lovely name.” I complimented him. His lips twitched slightly upwards. It wasn’t a smile but it works for now. I’m going to promise that by the time he will leave tonight, he will be a giggling baboon. 

Guiding the boys into the house, I led them to the dinner table.

“Joonie!” Chanyeol cheered, attacking the poor warrior in a giant hug. Both of their heights were exactly the same. I smiled at the two new twin towers. 

“Hyung. You’re squashing me.” Namjoon croaked out. 

“I don’t care. I missed my baby Joonie.” 

Wait, baby Joonie? What? 

“Hyung, don’t call me that.” Baby Joonie whined, pulling the fire warrior away from him. I giggled loudly at the scene. 

“Aww... that’s so cute.” I cooed, moving in closer to pat the two boys. “Little Namjoon here as a baby name.” I grinned. “Although, I have to ask, I know you-“ I pointed to Kyungsoo who stood in a line behind me, “-told me that you guys have a special connection with Namjoon here but I gotta know. What is that special connection?” I asked in desperation.

“He’s my baby Joonie.” Chanyeol answered, pulling the said boy onto his side. I raised my eyebrows at him. You need to elaborate a little fire boy. 

Thankfully Kyungsoo came in to save the day. 

“Baby brother. He’s our baby brother.” He said plainly. 

“But I thought you said your brothers are the members of your deck?” I asked in confusion. 

“We have a big family, turtle. We’re all connected.” I narrowed my eyes at him. Is he hiding something from me?

I glanced at the younger boy beside me. He had his eyes trained on the floor, feet touching each other and hands interlocked. He looked too much like a submissive warrior, ready to take orders. I don’t even think he has even looked up to asses his surroundings. No wonder he completely ignored Kyungsoo’s presence until the earth warrior shook him out of his staring competition with the ground. 

“Gukkie!” Kyungsoo exclaimed, grabbing the young boy in a hug. “I didn’t know you were with Joonie. How are you doing?” 

The boy was startled at first. But then he noticed Kyungsoo’s smiling face. I saw instant tears pool in his eyes. 

“Hyung...” the pained emotion in young boy’s voice was enough for my earth warrior to pull him into a another hug. 

“Yeah, it’s me Gukkie.” 

I smiled at their interaction. I left the waterworks to them and moved over to the kitchen to continue setting up the food. 

It wasn’t long before we all sat down for a happy meal. I made sure to sit beside Jungkook so I could load his plate up with food. Kyungsoo was doing the Exactly same thing to Namjoon’s. I noticed the light and fire duo looking at us with scrunched faces. Omo, are they jealous? I giggled at their faces and dropped some of my service onto their plates as well, ruffling their hair in the process. 

“So, what do you think?” I asked Jungkook as he stared at the large amount of food on his plate. His eyes were nearly popping out of their sockets. He was surprised, and shocked. “Come on. Give it a go. D.O is the best chef around here.” I said as I encouraged him with a slight raise of my eyebrows. Just like Namjoon, he blinked at me and then at the food. His hands reached for the largest piece of meat. It looked juicy and tender. I could see him his lips. 

“Go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter