Twenty

The Deck Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20 - Reunions and Vivid Dreams 

 

Narrator’s POV: 

Jung-kook was a man of his words. His promised words are like his own set of rules that he never defy. So, when he said he will get rid of that female wielder to save his hyung, he did just that. He made it impossible for the girl to escape her doom. But as he walked down the hall, cradling his injured arm, a strange sense of anxiety filled him. He felt bothered and frustrated for some reason. It was related to that female warrior. He was sure of it. 

The very thought of that women boiled his blood in anger. He hated her for what she did. At first, when his hyung turned up with cookies in his hands, claiming it to be given by a sweet, kind female wielder, Jung-kook thought his hyung was making up a story to hide the fact that he stole them. It wouldn’t be the first time he did that. He was always bringing stolen food for the young warrior whenever their evil wielder looked the other way. But this time, these cookies held an unknown emotion within them. Love. Pure raw love. It wasn’t romantic or platonic love. It was just love, filled with emotions like happiness, hope, warmth, kindness and comfort. The moment those sweet treats touched his lips, his powers were thrown into overdrive. He was overwhelmed with emotions and longed for the same feeling again and again over the next few days. 

But when he noticed his hyung’s willingness to open up, he felt doubt creep in. All the bad memories he had suppressed from his last wielder came back infront of him, taunting him to see his demise again. Things pushed off the edge when a girl with bleach blonde hair entered their life few days later. His Namjoon hyung was so smitten by the kindness in her actions and opened up to her like a flower. Jung-kook on the other hand saw right through her. That girl was pure evil. Jung-kook felt it in every word she spilled out of those lips. He felt those negative emotions spill into him when she was anywhere close by. He tried to warn his innocent hyung but the older warrior was adamant. 

“It’s okay Jung-kook. It’s okay to be kind. If Yoonmi can help us so can she.” 

And boy was he wrong. His little fantasy was shattered into pieces when that same women ripped their younger brother apart into pieces. Jung-kook was furious at the revelations. He wanted to kill her. And he was about too, but he stopped when he realized that his hyung hadn’t returned home that night. And then the next day he found him smiling again, holding onto the food that Yoonmi has given him. 

The anger that Jung-kook felt that day was beyond his understanding. He felt all his anger turn onto the female wielder instead of the actual person who ripped the card.

It was stupid really, but he was convinced that it was Yoonmi that started the whole line of dominoes. She was the catalyst. The reason that led to the death of his most dearest brother and now she’s pulling his hyung back into the same sinking pit again by her supposed kindness.

And that is what pissed him off. 

Due to such little contact with any positive person, his negative emotions ran wild. And from that moment on, he knew he had to get rid of her. No matter how nice or kind her act is, he will make sure to scare her away. 

A small part of him wondered if he was being reasonable enough. Instead of going after the actual hands who ripped his brother’s card, he’s heading after the girl who did nothing but be a little kind. But after spending centuries being beaten, used and betrayed, he pictured the world as a large dominoes field. One action from the most least unexpected place and a chain reaction is followed, leading to atleast one person being hurt. He hated this. 

“Jung-kook?” His train of thoughts were interrupted by a tall figure in front of him. It was his Namjoon hyung. 

The younger boy smiled at his only family, hiding his injured arm behind him. He doesn’t want to trouble his hyung. The injury was a small consequence of his rudeness to the professor. 

“Hyung.” 

“What are you doing here?” The elder asked. 

Jung-kook scratched his head in annoyance. Why is he so anxious? He looked at his older brother who was still waiting for him to answer. 

“Nothing. I’m just tired. And hungry.” The younger said with a tight smile. 

“Well, don’t worry. I’m just gonna finish the last chore and then we can head to Yoonmi’s place to have dinner, okay?” 

Jung-kook pursed his lips at her name. That women again. Why is his hyung so adamant on that women? He would rather starve than go up to her for food. Doesn’t he see how she’s treating him? She’s coddling him like a small child. It’s the very foundation of having a loyal slave. 

“Okay hyung.” 

So be it. After today, that women will be out of their lives. Hopefully the cards have done their magic on her. He felt a pang of guilt stab him but he ignored that and focused on the big picture. As soon as she’s out of the game, he will make sure that he and his hyung escapes from the clutches of this evil Professor. And then, live their lives in the mountains, just like tae hyung would have wanted to. 

 

****** 

 

Back to Yoonmi’s POV: 

“Is he okay?” I asked the older warrior as I let Sehun’s head lean on my shoulders. I could hear his deep breathing and see his eyes opening and closing every few seconds. The boy had collapsed into a heap just few moments after we had touched the ground. His older brother, Chen, was checking over the boy with a pained expression on his face. “What’s wrong?” 

He shook his head as if to clear something. 

“He’s fine. Just exhausted for using his powers in this condition.” 

“Oh.” I sighed and relaxed. I thought there was something serious. I caressed the baby warrior gently and looked at Chen. He was squeezing his eyes and shaking his head at the same time. I could see sweat gathering on his forehead. “Are you okay, Chen?” 

“Y-Yeah..” He stuttered, dropping down on his , carelessly. I saw him slowly lie down on the ground. He was breathing hard for some reason. 

“You don’t look okay.” 

“I’m just tired. I had to direct my release into the ground and not up in the air like I usually do.” Thats when I noticed how thin he was. Almost as thin as Sehun. He must be lacking in food and energy. 

“Come here.” I motioned him as I pulled my water bottle out of my bag. Opening the lid, I handed it to the panting boy who gulped it down in one go. “Take it easy, Chen.” I said, rubbing his back so he wouldn’t choke on the water. When he was done, I handed him an orange. His face lightened up at the bright fruit. 

“Can I have one too?” I heard a faint voice beside me. I turned to Sehun who was starring at the red apple in my other hand. He was still going in and out from his exhausted state but none the less, I also handed him the apple. “We really need to work on both of your diets. You guys are too weak. Didn’t Krystal give you any food?” I asked, watching them closely. Their movement stopped for a second before restarting. 

“She did... Once in a while.” I heard Sehun mutter. I gritted my teeth at this. Evil . 

“I’m going to kill her one day.” I hissed out which nearly scared away Sehun. I held onto him tightly so he wouldn’t try to flee away. “Finish your food. We’ll go down to the house then. It’s nearly dinner time.” I said, as I stood up. “My lazy, annoying warriors don’t know that I’m bringing you both along with me. Infact, they were against the idea of me claiming anymore of their brothers.”  

They both stopped. 

“B-brothers?” Chen asked in slight confusion. 

“Omo, I forgot. Those three pets I described earlier are actually your brothers.” I said, with a small shrug. They looked at me in shock. “What?” 

“You already have three of my hyungs?” Sehun asked with a slight surprise. 

“Yeah.” I nodded. 

“And you also claimed us?” Chen asked with the same expressions. 

“Yes.” Why are they asking such stupid questions? “Is that wrong?” 

“Ya, are you crazy?” Sehun suddnely exclaimed, pointing his long finger at my face. “What kind of drug are you on?!” I looked at him blankly. That’s when Chen spoke up. 

“Yoonmi, it’s dangerous for a wielder to have more than three of us. Heck, it’s physically impossible for wielders to have more than three of us. Did you feel anything wrong within your health when you claimed us?” I shook my head. “You sure?” I nodded. Ofcourse, I’m sure. I didn't feel anything weird when I claimed them. “That’s so weird.” I looked at him in question. 

“Is this because you guys are powerful?” I asked. Both of them nodded. I looked at them in worry. What could this mean? 

Shaking my head, I noticed their tired state. No, I can think about this later. First, I need to take these boys home. They are tired and in need of food, and some sleep. 

“Let’s go home.” 

 

*****

 

As soon as I ringed the door bell, the giant door flung open with a loud bang. Three pairs of bodies crashed into me like sacks of potatoes. 

“Yoonmi!” 

“Turtle!” 

“Stupid.” 

I groaned at their voices. 

“Do you guys really have to do that every single time I come home?” I squeaked out as they smothered me with their bodies. 

“Where have you been?!” Ofcourse. It’s has to be Kyungsoo who would react first. “It’s nearly dinner time and you’ve been

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter