Seven

The Deck Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7 - The Celestial Academy

“Well, this is it.” 

I looked up at the giant gates of the academy. After last night’s fiasco, pretty much all of my cousins hate me. Especially Jee-woo. 

“You’re lucky, you are in your house today. You have your parents and your ego-ness to save you but from tomorrow, you will be at the academy. You will be in MY territory. Let’s see who’s going to save you then!” 

That was my warning and her threat that I received last night. Even though the tone was quiet and low, I could still feel the weight of those words and the consequences that they will be bringing. 

A warm hand squeezed my shoulder. I looked up to see Minho Oppa smiling down on me. 

“Are you ready?” He asked, throwing me a large grin. 

I nodded silently. I looked behind him at my parents who were waving back at me from their seats in one of the sports cars that my family owns. They had an urgent meeting to attend to, which means after dropping me and my cousins at the gates, they were getting ready to leave and thus will not be able to accompany me to the dorms. 

“Take care of them.” I said to the older warrior. 

“I have been doing that way before you were born, squirt.” He said, ruffling my hair in the process. 

I grumbled at him. “Don’t worry. You will see me soon.” 

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked with raised eye brows. He just gave me another one of his cheeky winks and left me without an answer. I watched him join my parents in their sports car before zooming out of the street. 

I sighed and looked back up at the gates. They were really huge. 

“Tick tock, cousin.” I heard Jee-woo’s voice just as a shoulder bumped into my own from behind. I stumbled on my feet a little but didn’t fall. I glared at the girl infront of me. “Your hell starts now.” She smirked before walking away, throwing me an evil wink over her shoulders.  

I looked at my other cousins but they were already ten-feet into the campus of the academy. They all left me. Not that I was excepting them to help but still... 

Looking around, I noticed the campus was enormous. It was like a seperate gated city within the city it was located in. The whole campus was guarded by tall, concrete walls that separated the whole academy from the normal, mundane world. The only way in was the huge iron gates infront of me. 

Keep walking, Yoonmi. You are taking too much time. 

I jumped at the deep voice of my warrior. I sighed. How could I forget? Kyungsoo has memorised the whole rule book of the academy. Apparently, according to rule no.5, wielders aren’t allowed to let their warriors out until they have been briefed and allocated to their dorm houses. It’s a stupid rule if you ask me but none the less, Kyungsoo took the opportunity to hide in his card until it’s safe to let him out on the grounds of the academy. 

I was against it at first but then I realised that he was nervous and maybe it will give me some time to analyse the situation around the academy. Considering I now have my own cousins as my enemies plus my old bullies like Song Mina on the same campus and then kyungsoo’s old masters, and also add that mean, evil professor to the list and her two stupid sub-teachers, it’s best if I lay low a bit and not rebel against the rules. 

“Have you seen the size of this place? I’m just admiring it.” I mumbled out. 

Not sure if Kyungsoo has heard me or not, I picked up my bags and entered the academy’s property. The whole place looked magnificent. There were green spaces with few benches and rest areas. The road I was walking on, held a giant water fountain in the middle. There was an open area all around it and many different roads that branched out in all different directions. 

As I was walking, I noticed how lively the campus seemed. There were stalls and booths placed all around the large area, showcasing different groups, clubs, food stalls, games and general information. Colourful balloons and banners lightened the whole campus giving a feeling of a celebration party. 

The roads that branched out from the fountain contained rows and rows of two-storey houses, lined along side by side with colours ranging from one end to the other end of the colour spectrum. Multiple cars were parked outside, leaving me to believe that our own transportation is allowed.

I could even see one or two roads leading to shops that sell clothes, school supplies, food, etc. And was that a mall..? 

“Attention people. I need all first years to head to the auditorium please. The briefing is about start in few minutes. Please, all first years make your way through to the auditorium.” 

I looked up to the source of sound. It was a large speaker, hanging above my head, on one of the light poles. 

You better hurry, turtle... 

I rolled my eyes at my warrior’s nagging voice. He’s getting too bossy these days. 

Ignoring him and his warm card, I walked towards the main building where the auditorium was located at. It seemed like a long walk but I made it none the less. All thanks to my warrior’s constant nagging. It’s funny how he could communicate with me from his card. Professor Lizing never mentioned anything like this that day, nor did any of the booklets in that folder. Maybe it’s a thing between a wielder and warrior. Who knows? 

As I reached the last step of the stairs, I huffed and looked back at the view. The main building was actually located few meters above the ground which means I had to climb up the stairs with a ten pound suitcase and two backpacks on my shoulders. Ofcourse, one of those bags belonged to my bossy warrior who decided to ditch me like my cousins did! 

I threw an irritated look at the card in my pocket. Oh how I wish I could slap it to space. I would love to hear Kyungsoo’s girly scream again... hmmm.. happy happy days. 

I know what your thinking, turtle. Keep walking or I’ll show you What slapping to space actually means. 

Omo, did I say it aloud? 

Yeah, you did... turtle. 

See! A total bully! 

Huffing in frustration, I turned around to see the whole campus more clearly. I could see more of the campus now since I’m at a high point. The houses that are lined along the roads, continues on for miles, nearly disappearing out of the horizon. I could detect a tall, deep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter