One

The Deck Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 - The Card 

Sneaking out was one of the best thing that a person could ever do in their life. The fun in lying to your parents and then the thrill of jumping out of your bedroom window only to be chased out by your own dog because he couldn’t recognise your scent and then nearly getting lost in the dark streets of the city was really a fun experience. Everyone should try it. 

No, I’m kidding. Never try to sneak out unless you have a very good reason too. Why? The answer is simple. 

Karma is a ! 

“How could he bite me like this?!” I exclaimed, wincing at the pain. “My own ing dog bit me!” 

Yup, you got it right. My own dog just bit the out of me. So much for getting him a new dog house. 

“Ya! Stop moving. It’s just a small scratch.” A voice whined. 

I looked at the tall chick beside me with my famous death glare. How could she call the two large holes on my leg a scratch? Doesn’t she see the amount of blood pouring out of it? 

“Stop giving me that look, Yoonmi.” She scoffed, pressing a small cotton ball onto my wound. “You are being dramatic again.”

I pouted. She’s right. I’m being dramatic. I love being dramatic. She knows me so well. After all she’s my best friend. My honey sunny bunny. 

“Your being mean, Sunny.” I squeaked out in fake hurt. Yes, it’s true. The wound on my leg was just a small scratch. But hey, a girl can dream right?  

“You are such a baby, Yoonmi.” She scoffed again before placing a small bunny bux bandaid on my precious wound. “Will you ever grow up?” 

I smiled. 

“Never.” 

Apparently that seemed to set her off and next thing I know, I’m being abandoned. I frowned as she threw me an irritated look over her shoulders before leaving me alone to serve her boyfriend of the week. 

“Ya! Sunny! Why are you leaving me?!” I called out in protest but the words were lost in the loud music.  

I looked longingly at her retreating figure and stared at my covered up wound. Did I say something wrong? I feel so lonely now. 

Sunny has always been my only friend. We met when we were in diapers. We stayed together ever since. But now it felt weird around her. I used to have other friends but they all abandoned me when bullying started. Being a teacher’s pet and a top achiever of the school doesn’t really get you a free pass from the bullies. Only being popular does. And I’m not popular. I may have a slim, athletic body with all the curves and long dark brown hair that framed my face perfectly, it still wasn’t enough for me to earn loyal friends. Sunny was the only one who stuck around. But now, things have been a little strained between us. I wonder why? 

I looked around the party hall quietly. Everyone was either dancing or getting their drunk. 

Tonight’s celebration was dedicated to being a successful high school graduate. The ceremony happened in the morning while a secret party was thrown in the night to celebrate the new faze. Considering the party was held at one of the top clubs in the city of Seoul. It was enough for my lovely parents to ban me from going. 

Honestly I don’t blame them. I’m still a year shy from 18 while all my peers have already reached the legal age. I’m still a baby. 

“Here. Have this.” I looked up to see the handsome bartender that has been giving me free drinks throughout the night. He held two tequila shots for me to grab. I smiled taking the offered drinks. So what if I’m still underaged. The rules are meant to be broken after all. 

“Thanks”. I said sweetly, looking up at his handsome face. Its weird how he just kept giving me free drinks tonight. I came out here tonight with the only intention to let loose some of the build up tension over the last few weeks of high school. Exams are harder to deal with when they have the capability of deciding your future. 

“Having guy problems?” I heard his husky voice again, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

I looked at him up and down. Seizing his body frame from top to bottom. Black pants, open white shirt and flashy toned abs. Yup, he’s a total eye candy. 

“Nope.” He was pretty and handsome. But something tells me to stir clear away from his path. “More like friendship problems.” I continued, gulping the shot in one go. Damn, that burned. I took another Shot of the bitter drink and slammed the glass on the counter. 

Why does tequila has to burn so much? 

“Let me guess, best friend leaving you alone to mingle with other boys?” 

“Someone’s been spying on me.” I teased. It’s not really a secret. The boy was literally standing behind me when Sunny decided to ditch me. 

“I guess I’m just too observant.” 

“No, you’re a spy.” I said, pointing my finger at his face playfully. “Let me guess, CIA?” 

“No. That’s American, sweetheart. We’re in Seoul, South Korea.” He chuckled. 

“Ah. It’s NIS then. I knew there was something suspicious about you.” 

“You’re funny and... weird.” 

“Yeah, I guess I am.” I shrugged. People call me many things. I guess being Funny and weird is just a couple of those things. 

“You seemed tensed.” I stared at him in confusion. I’m not tensed. 

“Maybe I can help you... ” He whispered, sliding a card towards me with a small wink. I looked at the number on the card and gulped. 

Oh boy, please tell me he’s not offering himself. 

“Think about it. I’ll be here for the rest of the night.” I coughed lightly as his fingers slowly grazed my hand. I felt my cheeks get warm. No-one has ever touched me in that way before. I don’t even know what to say. 

“I like funny girls.” He continued before placing a soft kiss on my hand. I shivered at his touch. Ugh, it was not a good feeling. So much for being handsome. 

“Haha... thanks for the drinks.” I quickly said, pulling my hand out of his grasp. “Gotta go.” I laughed before making a bee line for the furthest couch away from the bar. Yup, I’m a total coward when it comes to boys. 

 

“What’s the rush, little Lee?” 

“Huh?” I said turning around to my right, only to jump back in surprise. There, right i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter