Nineteen

The Deck Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19 - Buy One, Get One Free 

As soon as I reached my desired place, I plopped down on the soft ground in a heap, breathing deeply. Woof, that was quite a run. Stealing cards from other people is turning into a habit for me. I really should stop doing that. I don’t want anyone to use my own methods against me in the future. That would be terrifying for me and my warriors. 

I shuddered at the thought. 

“Wow...” I awed, looking up at the scene above me in fascination. I was lying on the soft grass, holding up two of the cards that I had just stolen from Krystal. Both of their diamonds were shinning in the bright sunlight. 

After my sloppy attempt of stealing these cards, I had quickly ran to the forest behind my house. There was a small clearing that had a large pond, a huge tree and numerous colourful roses that lined the place in every direction. I could smell the sweet, exotic fragrance of roses wafting through the air like wind. The whole place was gleaming with birds and butterflies. It was beautiful. 

Taking few more deep breadths, I sat up and pulled out the medical supplies that I managed to get from the nearest convenience store before coming here. Now that my anger and adrenaline rush was coming down, I could feel doubt creeping in. I tried not to panic as I felt numerous questions pop in my head. 

Did I do the right thing? Is stealing warriors a good thing? And why the hell did I take both of them? I was only gonna take that orange-haired kid’s card, not the second one. It felt weird taking him. What if the second warrior likes Krystal? What if he wanted to stay with her? Did I just take away his free will? Ughhh. 

I groaned loudly as I dumped last of the supplies on the ground. I’m an idiot. A super duper idiot. 

Scratching my head in stupidity, I looked down at the card that belonged to the orange-hair kid. The one I brought all these medical supplies for. 

Zooming the card closer to my face, I noticed the fading colour of the card. It looked like it has been scraped or pushed through a sand paper to chip its colour off. I could see a very large scratch right in the middle of the diamond of that warrior’s card. Its quite deep and looked relatively new. The thought of the pain it might have caused to the warrior made me shudder. 

I turned the card around to find an accurate picture of the boy, floating in midair, tornadoes and wind lines drawn all around him. He also had a name written right below it. 

 

Sehun

Barrier of Wind

 

Barrier of wind? Hmm... that’s a pretty big element for someone as young as him. Besides, ‘Sehun’? I like the name. It suits him. I zoomed the card closer to my eyes, squinting at the fine details captured in the picture. The Warrior’s face... It looked perfectly shaped with no cuts or bruises. The colour of his skin was milky white. My insides burnt a bit in jealously when I noticed he didn’t have any pimples on his pretty face. Aish. My own face had sprouted out pimples due to all the stress recently. 

Looking at his light brown eyes, my heart skipped a beat. They were beautiful. They showed a cold playful interior of the boy. It clearly showed how naughty this boy must be. Hmm.. I bet he would get along with Jung-kook the best. Both of them were young and had similar personalities. 

Checking that I have all the medical supplies ready around me, I brought the card closer to my lips. Just before I could kiss it, something stopped me. A memory. I went back to the day my warriors told me to stay away from anymore of their brothers. 

 

“We don’t want you to get anymore of our brothers.” Baekhyun was the first one to voice this out. 

“Why?” 

They all exchanged a look. 

“It’s dangerous.” Chanyeol had said. “It’s not good for your health.” 

“Promise us you won’t try to claim our brothers?” Kyungsoo asked right after. 

 

Well, for one, I didn’t promise them anything. I had demanded an explanation but they failed to give me one. I thought about this again. They were pretty serious about this. Maybe it has something to do with their powerful strength? Could it be that I might get hurt if I claim Sehun’s card? 

Scratching my head, I looked at it in desperation. The boy must be in pain from his injuries and here I am conflicted at what to do next. Deciding that his safety and well-being comes first, I closed my eyes and quickly kissed the card. 

Nothing happened. No feeling, no unique sensation. I looked around me for the familiar puff of smoke but I found nothing at all. 

“What the hell?” I bursted out, looking at the card in confusion. Why hasn’t the boy came out yet? I kissed the card again but like before, nothing happened. “Ya, why aren’t you coming out?” I said to the card. Still nothing. I grumbled at this. Am I doing something wrong? Wasn’t this how it’s supposed to be clai— oh... I stopped. Ofcourse, the boy was already claimed. He’s already bonded to Krystal which means he can only be summoned by her. I will have to erase this bond and re-claim him. 

I whacked my brain to remember what Professor Lizing had said about claiming bonded cards. 

 

‘If you are taking a card from a wielder then it needs to be blood bonded with you. Drop some blood on the surface and it will belong to you.’

 

Yes. My blood. I quickly picked up the medical scissor I brought and pierced one of its end into my index finger. Holding my finger over the card, I let the blood drop onto the smooth surface of the card. Almost instantly, the card glowed. I felt a surge of energy rush inside me just as a cool summer breeze hit my face. I could smell the familiar scent of autumn, dried leaves and a sensation of wind running through my veins. I felt light, almost light as a feather. Soon, a puff of white smoke filled my view. As soon as it cleared, I found the same orange-haired warrior lying on the ground, groaning in pain. His blue shirt was bleeding from the side and his whole body was curled into a ball. 

“H-hey. Sehun. Listen to me.” I said in worry, as I moved closer to his curled figure. “Take deep breadths, Sehun. I’m going to fix you up okay?” I cooed slowly, caressing the tall boy’s orange hair. Instead of nodding, he cowered away from me in fear and pain. I held onto him tightly. “Don’t worry. I won’t hurt you. I’ll be careful. See, I’m just going to patch you up.” I said to the boy, as I showed him the medical supplies. He looked at them in shock before looking up at me in fear. I thought it would assure him that I mean no harm but instead, he erupted in loud sobs and shuffled away from me in lightening speed. I tried to stop him but he smacked my hands away. My heart ached at his condition. How could Krystal do this to the boy? He seemed a bit too weak than the last time I saw him. Did she do something to him while I was inside with the professor? I hope not. 

I quickly grabbed onto his torso, despite his protests, and pulled him up against the tree. “Here, have some water.” I offered, sticking my water bottle to him but he moved away from it like it was poison. 

“P-Please, d-don’t hurt me. I’m s-sorry. I won’t do it again.” I felt tears fill my eyes up when he said that. He was whimpering and looked quite disoriented. What the hell krystal do to him? 

I looked at his wounds on his body. His side was bleeding. I tried to asses his injuries but he kept flinching away from me. 

“Sehun.” I said loudly, looking him in the eye. “You need to let me help you, baby. You are bleeding.” I pleaded. I don’t know where the word ‘baby’ came from but it seemed fitting to me. He was younger than me. I could tell. I tried to pull his shirt off so I could work on his wounds but like before, he smacked my hands away. 

I sighed. This is not gonna work. I need someone to calm him down. My eyes flickered to the second card next to me. The one I stole with sehun’s. It belonged to a boy with a darker shade of blonde hair and sharp cheekbones. The picture on the card was a clear indication to his warm personality. Maybe he could help me? 

Reaching for the card, I looked at his name. 

 

Chen 

Barrier of Lightening

 

Lightening? Is that even an element? I shook my head and quickly pierced my finger again. Letting the blood drop, I waited for the card to absorb it. Few second later, the card glowed and I felt something cackling around me. I looked at my hands to notice a string of dark blue sparks, running through my fingers. It scared me for a bit but none the less I stayed still, waiting for the warrior to appear. It’s funny how bonded warriors takes time to appear in comparison to unclaimed warriors who appear in a whip. 

Few seconds later, the same familiar puff of white smoke filled the air around me once again. As soon as it cleared, I found a boy kneeling on his knees with his head bowed. 

“Master.” He said in his velvety high pitched voice. He opened his mouth again to say his standard warrior line but I stopped him. 

“Stop right there, mister. We can go through the introductions later. Help me with your brother first.” I said with urgency in my voice as I turned to the crying boy infront of me. I tried to remove his shirt for the third time but no result. I looked at the second warrior in plea. He was still kneeling on his knees, not moving at all. “Help me. He’s hurt and bleeding. I need you to calm him down so I could treat him.” He still didn’t move. He seemed to be shocked at my words. “Now!” I exclaimed. That seemed to push him into action. 

The next few minutes were just of me trying to patch up all of Sehun’s wounds while the other boy calmed the baby warrior down with his whispered words. He held Sehun in a tight grip, the young boy’s head resting on his chest as I bandaged the giant cut on sehun’s side that was bleeding earlier. 

“Keep talking to him. I think he’s in pain and nearly at the point of unconsciousness. Just keep him steady and let him fall into a light sleep slowly.” I whispered to the new warrior, as I applied medicine on the wounds. 

“Okay.” He nodded. 

I don’t know how long it took us but by the time I was done, the sun was already setting down in the distance. I sighed as I dropped the last of the bloody cottons on the ground. My hands were covered with his blood. Making sure that the boy was still resting, I went over to the large pond and washed the blood off my hands. 

Soon, I came back to my spot and looked at the second warrior who has put Sehun down on the ground so the boy could sleep properly. I made sure to insert my bag underneath his head to act as a pillow. 

“Thank you for your help, Chen.” I said, smiling at him. He was looking at me in a unsure way. But none-the-less he nodded with a small smile of his own. I felt my own heart skip when I saw that smile of his. It was beautiful. He looked like a camel. A cute camel. Dropping my eyes onto his body, I noticed that he was dressed in a see-through white shirt and black skinny jeans. There was also a red flower tucked in his right front pocket. It made him look like an innocent flower boy. 

“You look pretty.” I commented, noticing how beautiful he looked. He didn’t look at me this time. Instead, he automatically hid his large hands under his sleeves like a child and bit his lip. I frowned at his actions. Slowly and quietly, he crawled towards my sitting position and sat on knees peacefully. He dipped his head down towards the ground. 

“I’m all your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter