Twenty Two

The Deck Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22 - Something is brewing 

“.” 

There are days when I really hate my life. Like today. 

It turns out, running through the campus grounds like a mad women was a very, very bad idea. Not only I wasn’t looking where I was going, I also managed to bump into the very figure that I really wanted to avoid now, especially after what I did yesterday. 

Krystal. 

“Ya! Watch where you’re going Lee!” The said girl exclaimed as I looked at her towering figure over my head. We, no wait, I had bumped into the women when I was too occupied running around the field with tan in tow. The speed at which I was running, made the bumping harder which resulted in both of us falling to the ground like two sacks of potatoes. 

I scowled and got up, brushing the dirt off my pants. 

“I should be saying that to you Jungie!” I retorted, flipping my hair to the side in a scoff. I’m so glad I smacked into her. She deserves it. “Hasn’t anyone told you to keep your giant away from other people’s path?” I sassed. 

“YA!” She screamed. 

“Ya!” I mimicked her. She glared at me. 

I was so happy that I could piss her off so easily. Krystal has just earned the first place in my hit list. I never thought Mina would play seconds. 

“Krys, leave her.” I heard a familiar voice say behind her. Hyuna. She was tugging onto Krystal’s arm, stopping her friend from engaging into a fight with me. I was this close to dismissing her off is when I noticed a very strange and peculiar expression on her face. Fear. She was scared about something. “Come on, we have to find them.” She whispered. 

Since, I was standing very close to them, I heard every word. 

“Lost something?” I innocently asked. They both narrowed their eyes onto me. 

I just shrugged them off. 

“It’s none of your business.” Hyuna spat at me before pulling Krystal with her to wherever they were going. I watched them walk away. Could they perhaps be looking for Chen and Sehun? If that’s the case, I need to make sure I keep them out of sight until their anger settles down.

“Come on, Tan. We need to fill in the boys about this.” 

 

****** 

 

Narrator’s POV: 

As Yoonmi left the scene, both Krystal and Hyuna had fear running up their bodies as they tried to locate the missing cards. They were given a deadline and now it’s well past over it. 

Krystal wanted nothing more than to disappear out of this world. First, she got involved into a cat fight that put a large black speck on her perfectly clean record and secondly, she lost her two cards that were passed down to her from her elders in the hopes of making their clan more stronger. But now, everything has messed up. She was in big trouble. 

“It doesn’t make sense!” She cried out when they were an hour over their deadline. “Where could they have gone? Their cards are always with me at all times. Especially Chen. I always keep him close to me!” 

Hyuna patted her friend in worry. 

“Can you use the bond to call them?” 

“I can’t! I don’t feel any bond to call them through.” Krystal insisted, rubbing her forehead in frustration. Her family is going kill her for this. “Since that time in professor lizing’s office yesterday, I haven’t felt the bond. Something happened during that time.” 

That’s when Hyuna gasped. Krystal looked at her childhood friend in confusion. 

“Someone must have claimed them.” Hyuna gasped out with wide eyes. 

Almost in an instant, Krystal’s blood turned cold. Her body froze at the idea of loosing her two most powerful cards just like that. 

Now, her family will definitely going to kill her. 

 

****** 

 

Back to Yoonmi’s POV: 

It turns out, getting back to the house wasn’t exactly a good move. As soon as I raised my keys to open the front door quietly, it flung open with a loud bang. In front of me stood the very two warriors who I’m sure wanted to end me with their glares. 

But even before they could open their mouths, I let out a loud laugh right in their faces. Why? Cause their faces were covered by my beautiful graffiti that I did earlier. And judging by the scowl on their faces, they had noticed the markings and were not happy. Especially, Kyungsoo who had his thick black glasses resting on his nose and emitting dark, angry radiations from his eyes.  

Call it my foolishness but I continued to laugh at their faces just as baekhyun pulled me inside and right into the living room where I saw Sehun trying to rub off the giant teddy I drew on his cheek while Chen and chanyeol were covered in lips and kisses, perfectly complimenting their hair colours. They glared at me as soon as I entered the living room. 

“Hey boys.” I sung, grinning at them. “Having fun?” I asked, knowing they were not having fun. 

“I hate you, noona.” Sehun exclaimed, throwing the tissue on the ground in frustration. “I mean come on, why did you have to draw a on my face. Wasn’t the teddy enough?” He whined, trying to wipe off the small on his forehead I drew so beautifully. 

I threw him a teasing smile. 

“Aww.. don’t worry. It’s not that bad. It suits you.” I cooed, ruffling his orange hair. He groaned and smacked my hands away. 

“Where did you go?” Kyungsoo demanded, crossing his arms over his chest. 

“I went for a little walk.” 

“Without telling us?” 

I sighed. 

“Come on, Soo. It was just a little trip. You can’t expect me to inform you of my every little trip I take whenever I leave this house, Soo.” 

“I wasn’t aiming too. Just being a bit pre-cautious.” He grumbled, before moving onto the sofa to sit on. 

“So, you’re not angry?” I tried with a grin. 

He gave me his evil eyes. 

Okay, he’s still upset. 

I let out a deep sigh and plopped myself next to my grumpy earth warrior. I hugged him from the side. 

“If it makes any of you feel better, I will only claim cards when I’m with you guys. No-more stealing or running off. How about that?” I suggested. 

“Wasn’t that decided yesterday?” Chen asked dryly. 

I growled at him. He moved back in fright. That’s right camel, behave. 

“Whatever.” Baekhyun started, shrugging his shoulders. He sat down on my other side and rested his head on my shoulders. “Just let us know next time you leave this house. I thought something bad happened to you.” 

I smiled and kissed his fluffy pink hair. Yay. He’s not angry anymore. 

“I need food.” Chanyeol said suddenly, patting his stomach. As if on cue, a loud rumbling sound came from his stomach. 

I giggled. 

“Let’s go get some food.” 

 

*****

 

“What are you doing?” Chen asked from beside me as I set up another smaller plate beside my own. I was filling it up with small pieces of food. 

“We have a new addition to our family, Chin-Chen.” I said sweetly. 

“A new addition? Who?” At this, everyone’s attention shifted onto me. 

I grinned and pulled Tan out of my pocket. 

“Him.” I held the little fur ball up in my hands for them to see. “Everyone this Tan, my new best friend and Tan, these are my warriors. Say hi.” 

As if on cue, the dog barked loudly serval times in greeting. 

Almost instantly, everyone stopped eating their food. Their eyes were solely trained on my puppy and mouth gaped. It was after few seconds of silence when the talking started. 

“Is that ... who I think it is?” 

“Oh yes, he is.” 

“I wonder if Joonie knows about this?”

“Hmmm... We have another trouble maker.” 

“Why does this creature looks so familiar?” 

“Oh my god, it’s a puppy!” 

“That is not a puppy, sehun. It’s the freakin devil.” 

“He’s going to steal my stupid’s attention.” 

“Ughh.. wasn’t all these whiny creatures enough that you had to bring another one?” 

“Aww... he looks so cute!” 

“I think he’s glaring at me.” 

“Stupid fur ball, don’t shed your hair all over my table.” 

“I want to play with him.” 

“He’s so small.” 

I looked at them with stunned expressions. They were throwing out sentences after sentences like bullets that went flying past over my head like useless gibberish.  

“Awww... he’s such a cute little puppy!” Sehun cooed, rubbing his fingers all over tan’s head like a little baby. In giddiness, he picked him up and dropped a kiss on Tan’s head. “I love puppies.” 

“Where did you get him from?” Chen asked. He looked shaken for some reason. 

“I found him in my bed last night.” I said, feeding a piece of chicken to Tan. “He gave me quite a scare really. But he looked so cute and fluffy that I couldn’t help forgive him.” I said, smiling at my pup and then at Chen. 

Tan wiggled his backside in content. 

“Ya! Don’t shed your furry hair in my food.” Baekhyun exclaimed, swatting the pup away from his plate. I saw tan glaring at him. He barked, sticking his tongue out at my grumpy Warrior’s face. “That thing is glaring at me. Oh my god, he wants to kill me!” Baekhyun pretended to panic before blowing a raspberry at tan’s face in a mocking manner. 

I snickered at his reaction. Opposite to me, chanyeol was shaking his head at his best mate’s actions. 

“He’s not going to eat you.” He mumbled before smacking baekhyun on the head when he wouldn’t stop glaring at my little pup. “Ya, act like a mature adult. He’s just a baby. Stop harassing him.” 

“B-but he’s shedding hair...” 

I pulled Tan a bit closer to me. 

“See, no-more hair shedding. Happy?” I said with a smile. He grumbled but didn’t say anything. 

I let Tan eat off my plate. I wasn’t that hungry anyway. 

“Why does he look so familiar?” Kyungsoo asked. I saw chanyeol lean in closer to Kyungsoo and whispered some words. A surprised look appeared on my earth Warrior’s face. He looked at Tan in a different light. “Oh... well, that explains few things.” 

“Explain what things?” I asked, narrowing my eyes at the duo. 

“Nothing.” Kyungsoo shrugged while chanyeol avoided eye contacts with me.  What are these little midgets hiding from me? 

I looked at Tan. He was looking at me with his beautiful pearly eyes, and his tongue my fingers. 

“Was it one of you who dropped him on my bed last night to scare me?” I asked. They all shook their heads in denial. “Hmm...” I hummed as I wondered where Tan actually came from. 

“Anyways, we need to talk about Krystal.” Almost instantly, the two warriors on my either side froze. I took each of their hand in my own and squeezed them in comfort. 

“What about her?” Chanyeol asked from across me. They all know about what happened yesterday, and how I stole sehun and Chen from her. 

“I bumped into her earlier.” I started. “She was looking for you two.” I said, glancing at the two new boys. I felt sehun’s hand intertwining with mine before his head rested on my shoulders. He was shaking. I could also see Chen in a similar stage but his face was drained of all the colour. I instantly took both of them in a side hug. 

“It’s okay. I won’t let her find you.” I said quietly, aware that my other warriors were watching me. 

Tan also came forward and snuggled into Chen’s other hand in comfort. 

“I don’t want to go back to her, noona.” Sehun said, hugging me close. “I like it here, with you.”

My heart melted a bit. 

“You won’t. We will just have to keep you guys out of sight until everything settles down.” 

“But how long are we going hide from her? One day she’s bound to find us.” Chen spoke up with fear flashing through his eyes.

“Then let her..” I looked at Kyungsoo who answered Chen with a crisp voice. “It unavoidable. One day, she’s bound to figure out that Yoonmi has you both. Instead of worrying about it, learn to make yourself stronger. Heal yourself physically and emotionally. Be ready to f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter