Chap 10: A Glimpse of Me

Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sakura, can you give me the-" Minju stopped talking when someone covered her eyes from the back. She touched the small hands. "W-What? Who is this?"

"Guess who~" The girl teased, though the husky voice gave it all.

"Yena unnie!" Minju burst, standing up from her seat and hugging her sister.

"I miss you, too," Yena said, hugging Minguri back. "But wait, there's more."

"Huh?" Minju grew curious. "What is it?"

"It's a who, you frog," The girl on the entrance of the department office replied.

Minguri's mouth is agape.

"YURI!" She ran and enclosed the hamster into a tight embrace. "Oh my, I missed you so-"

"What noise is that?" Chaeyeon went out of her office, annoyed.

"Sorry, Ms. Lee," Minju turned around and apologized while bowing. "I just got a little too excited."

"Ms. Kim, the fact that we're friends doesn't mean that you are exempted on the rules and regulations of the department. Clearly, you disturbed some of your officemates from their works. That's a warning."

"Yes, Ma'am," Minju understood. Yuri and Yena, meanwhile, seemed to be amazed by the other girl's behavior.

"They are right… The Kim Empire hires professional and honest staffs." Yena commented, making Chae look at her.

"This is my friend slash sister Yena and her girlfriend, Yuri, by the way," The frog introduced. Her Department's assistant head bowed and smiled back. "This is Ms. Lee Chaeyeon. Those two sitting in front of the huge computer, those are Ms. Yabuki and Ms. Miyawaki."

Nodding, Yuri looked around. "Your workplace is surely big. It's… Gigantic, actually."

"And this is just for their department," Yena added. "I'm glad that you are in the right hands."

"Thanks, unnie. I missed you… Where have you been?"

"Just somewhere near. I think this is the consequence of being too famous."

Minju rolled her eyes. "Let me remind you that you just started this vlog. You don't even have many subscribers yet."

"Don't wo-"

"What's happening here?" A gal in specs entered from the scene. "Who are they, Ms. Kim?"

"Ms. Ahn," Minju called. "This is Yena, she's the sister I was talking about. And this is Yuri, my best friend, and future sister-in-law."

The two new faces laughed at the frog's remark about Joyyul.

"Well, hello then," The finance head stepped closed to shook hands. "I'm the Finance Manager, Ahn Yujin."

Yuri stood, frozen. That name… she has searched it for a thousand times. And now she's here, alive and talking.

"Y-Yujin? Are you sure?"

"Um, yeah… Why?"

"The kid on the bridge…"

"I'm sorry, what?"

"W-What? Oh, n-nothing," Yuri shook her head. "I just thought it sounds familiar. Maybe one of our regular customer on the shop has the same name like yours."

"Okay, but it was nice meeting you." Yujin beamed a smile.

"Me, too…"

.

.

.

.

.

"It's a pleasure meeting you."

************

"Yena, shut your duck mouth!" Yuri yelled in a controlled manner.

After the little introduction, the two felt comfortable with the new pals already. While at the break, they gave them a short tour around the department office. Yena's eyes gleamed in excitement when she saw the other officemates watching an online game tournament on the cable channel. Curious, Yujin, Chaeyeon, together with Sakura and Nako joined the group. And just now, Yena shrieked so loud after her bet won.

"I don't really know how you're able to manage to be with someone as energetic and clumsy as my sister," Minju said, chuckling.

"Oh Minju, trust me, I don't know, too," Yuri replied, shaking her head. "I guess that's what love does."

"How did the two of you meet anyway?"

"Well," Yuri started. "We are coworkers at a café before. I was a working student and your sister is just… plain bored. At first, the other waiters and waitresses teased us about looking like each other and how fate brought us to be in one job. Then, as time passed by, it just happened. Next thing we knew, we're already together."

"Wait," Minju said, analyzing every word. "Does that mean that… That thing really happens?"

"Huh? What ‘that thing'?

"I mean… When your friends push you into someone, does that make you love them?" The frog asked, sipping her creamy coffee.

"Our naïve and innocent Minju," Yuri teased. "Well personally, I don't believe that it makes you love him or her… It just lets you realize that there's a chance. Look, there are endless possibilities, Min. You don't know when or where or who you will fall in love with. Who knows? Maybe the person you hate the most before will be the one destined for you- Hey, are you okay?"

The hamster gently tapped her friend's back right after she choked on her drink.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine," Minju reassured, raising a ‘thumbs up' sign. "The… The story is just familiar."

Yuri nodded. She then smirked. "So… Who is it?"

"W-What? N-No, the advice is… For a friend! Yeah," Minguri lied.

"As if I'll believe that, froggy." Yuri rolled her eyes. "But, whoever it is, I'm just happy that you're opening your heart to another person. The only girl that I know you love is that childhood friend."

"And she still is," Min cleared up. "She's the reason why I'm here. Yul, I already saw her."

"What!?"

"I already talked with her, though not in private yet. But she already knows my name-"

"Minju, I've told you a hundred times before to stop this!" Yuri said, voice with conviction. "Do you know how much you sound like a stalker right now? Min, what you're asking is impossible-"

"I'm not forcing myself to her, Joyyul! I just want her to remember me… And hope that we can fulfill those promises years ago-"

"That's the other problem, Kim Minju… Those are years ago. I have searched about her before and from what I've seen, she has undergone many things… Too many to even remember the promise that she'll come back and be with you."

Silence reigned the area, totally opposite on the other side of the room where the streaming happens.

"She's getting married, do you know that?" Yuri informed.

Minju faintly smiled. "I do. I've seen the news last night."

The frog took a huge gulp and looked up, determination in her eyes.

"But I won't stop trying, because maybe, just maybe, she can remember who I am. So please, Joyyul… Let me live my dream. And if ever I fail…

.

.

.

.

.

"… Then let me experience the pain I deserve."

************

"Did I not tell you to inform me about your every move!? Why are you doing something without me?!"

"I just want to have a talk with my future wife-"

"To have a divorce with you right after!" Eunbi continued the sentence, slamming the papers in front of Chaewon.

"And what's wrong with that? Why, what do you want me to do? Be with her-"

"Kim Chaewon, I thought you're smart!" Her aunt yelled due to stress. "Listen, the Jang Family is a clan of the most brilliant lawyers of every generation. All of this wouldn't happen if Mr. Jang didn't w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter