Chap 09: Secret #2

Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Free lunch!" Yujin yelled like a kid as she entered the conference room holding 2 big paper bags.

"What?" Nako took off her headset and turned to her. "Yujin, we already told you that you don't need to do that."

"But I like treating my new friends."

That's right. After two days of working together, they can get closer to each other. Chae helped in clearing wrong impressions or rumors between her friends. After that, they also shared some personal information and immediately, they clicked. Yujin told them to just call her by the first name. Truth is, her happiness is unmeasurable knowing that there are still some employees she can be close with… Without pulling them into the dark and lonely void.

"No matter how many times you'll say that, this puppy won't listen," Chae said, grabbing a soda can inside the bag. "So, if I were you, I'll just thank her."

"Accept the food, Sakura, Nako." Yujin insisted.

"Fine, but just this time," The small girl replied, earning a nod from the taller. "Thanks for the-"

"Am I late!?" Minju came in, sweating like crazy.

The puppy smirked.

"Looks like," She answered. "Why? What happened?"

"Well, my sister didn't wake me up. I'm a heavy sleeper and just got up from the bed an hour ago." The frog explained. "Sorry, guys."

"Nah, it's fine," Sakura assured, chewing her apple. "You already finished our financial research report so clearly, you've done enough."

Minju put her bag on the table. "Well, what about the designs?"

"It's alright," Chaeyeon responded. "We only need the signature from the board, Ms. Kim and Mr. Kim himself and we can already set a meeting with our contractors."

"Okay, good." Minju heavily sighed, still catching her breath.

She felt a hand on her back. For some unknown reasons, chills ran down her spine.

"Don't worry too much, Minju." Yujin consoled. "Everything is going as planned."

The frog looked at the other girl's eyes and stiffened up a little bit. Stop thinking about what Nako, Sakura and Chae said to you days before, she thought.

"Why are you-"

"Yujin?" A familiar voice called.

"Mr. Kim?" The puppy answered with a question. She walked to the man. "W-Why are you here, Sir? Do you need anything?"

"Oh no," The man shook her head. "I just attended a meeting in the other room and wondered who is using this area."

Yujin flashed her usual ‘dimple' smile and nodded.

"So, how are you? Your mother said that you're about to take leave last week. Yujin, if you're tired you can easily say it and I can-"

"I'm fine, Mr. Kim." The puppy politely replied. "I was just exhausted last week but now I'm good."

It's true. Last week, it felt like it's the end of the world for Yujin. But now, everything seemed so bright and colorful. The finance head doesn't want to leave all of this just to be alone again… Because she knows that her friends are real this time.

"Okay, I'll believe you. But if ever-"

"Dad," Chaewon entered the room, voice clearly bored and forced. "You forgot to sign this."

The heiress looked up as she gave her father the papers and her face immediately lit up. "Yujin."

"Good afternoon, Ms. K- Chaewon." The puppy mumbled, lightly tapping herself due to the mistake.

Chaewon blushed at the sight of the girl being so cute. She calmed herself down and cleared .

"Are you okay here? Is there anything that your team needs? Your department needs?"

"Well," Yujin looked at the back as if asking her teammates if they need anything. She noticed Minguri being red as hell, but she chose to ignore it. "I don't think we have any as of the moment. But I will assure you that I'll tell you if there is any in the future."

"That's right," The heiress cheerfully nodded. She placed her hands on Yujin's shoulder. "You can talk to me about anything and I will-"

"Chaewon!" Eunbi's voice shocked everyone. Her niece, on the other hand, quickly retracted her hand.

"Y-Yes, Imo?"

"Didn't I told you to just give it to your Dad!? I did not let my guards fetch you from the Gym just to chill here with your… Acquaintances." Eunbi scolded, her eyes glaring at Yujin and her group. "Let's go."

And she pulled her niece until they reached the limousine.

"What is that behavior, Kim Chaewon? Are you trying to escape me earlier? And how can you rest your hand like that on someone lower than you!? We don't want any controversy-"

"She's a friend, Imo! She's close to me, okay?" The heiress explained, clearly annoyed by her aunt's actions. "If you're mad just because of this party then let's just get it over with…"

.

.

.

.

.

"Take me to that Jang Wonyoung."

************

"How is my girl?"

Yuri, who at that time is fixing the clothes on the second rack, was startled by the voice and the hands that suddenly gripped her waist.

"Yena!" She shouted in a controlled manner. She pushed the girl.

"What? Don't you miss me?" The duck pouted.

"No, I was just surprised," Yuri uttered. "Why do you need to do that anyway?"

"Just for fun," Yena replied, smiling cheekily.

The hamster shook her head due to stress and continued with her work.

"Wait, are you mad at me?" Yena bit her lip, lowkey scared. "Hey, Joyyul~"

The duck hugged the girl. Once again, Yuri quickly pushed Yena.

"Why again? Am I the only one who missed you?"

"What? No, no, of course, I missed you," Yuri said, slowly walking to the duck and grabbed her small hands. "I just have to be careful not to get caught by my mother. She's just at the storage room."

"So? Joyyul, I'm ready to prove myself to her. I can even talk to her right-"

"No, not yet, Yena," Yuri begged. "Please."

When she realized that the duck doesn't seem to like the idea of hiding, she looked at the storage room before reaching and cupping Yena's face.

"You know how much I love you, right? I just don't want my mother to tear us apart and just because she doesn't want this… This kind of relationship for me. Can you wait for me until I get ready to tell them? Please, Yena?"

Minju's sister released a deep sigh. "Do I have a choice? I love you too so much that I can't leave you."

"Thank you, love," Yuri said, hugging her girlfriend for a good five seconds.

"So," Yena said, changing the topic. "How's your week?"

"Just a normal one… Boring and Plain."

"I see," The duck nodded. "How ‘bout we spice it up a ‘lil bit?"

"W-What do you mean?"

"Well, I was planning on bringing you to Minju's work next week."

"Really? I'll be glad to do so! Your sister and I haven't talked for so long, we need t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter