Chap 06: Beginning

Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you need anything else?" Chae asked the team. "I can't help you once you started your presentation since it's just your team and I'm not a part of it."
They are now inside the small conference room, getting ready for the presentation.
"Relax Chae, we're fine," Nako assured. "Actually, I'm more than okay. I can't wait to meet Ms. Kim up close!"
The heiress is mostly the talk of the town but since she's a very serious and mysterious person, she is only seen when going out to buy some coffee or when she's already leaving the building. The floor of her office is also out of bounds for any simple employees; Only her father, her aunt, her secretary and the other heads of every department are allowed to set foot in.
"You're not scared?"
"Why would I be?" Nako asked back. "Chaeyeon, if there is anyone you should check out right now, it's her."
Nako pointed her eyes on Minju's direction.
"Okay then, wait outside and see if they're already near," Chae commanded the team leader before walking towards the worried lass.
"You okay, Min-"
"You surprised me, Ms. Lee!" Minguri shrieked, hands on top of her chest.
"Sorry," Chaeyeon apologized. "Why are you talking to a wall?"
"I'm just preparing myself," Minju answered. "Umm... Do you have water? I forgot to bring one but my throat is getting really dry right now."
The assistant frantically nodded, ran to her bag and hand the other girl a bottle after coming back.
"Are you done?"
"Yeah, thanks," The other replied.
"Loosen up, okay?" Chaeyeon advised, tapping the frog's shoulder. "I know she's scary but... Yeah, she is scary. I also fear her but all you need to do is to try selling your idea to them. I know how good you are, Ms. Kim... I know you'll succeed."
Minju gave her sweetest smile. She was moved by the girl's words. "Thanks, Chae. You are a very big help."
"Always a pleasure," Chae answered. "I'll check if they are already on the way."
She was about to walk to the other side of the room and go out when suddenly...
"I like that,"
"Huh?" Chaeyeon turned around.
"I said, I liked what you did," Sakura, who is sitting in front of the laptop they will use, stood up. "That's very kind of you to give Minju a piece of advice... Although you are scared of the other Ms. Kim yourself."
Chae shyly reached for the back of her head. "That's nothing. I'm just trying my best to fill in Yujin's duties as a manager."
"You're doing good," Sakura complimented. "Truth is, you're doing great. The Finance Department's Ms. Lee is different from the Chaeyeon that used to steal snacks from me during high school."
The two chuckled at the remark.
"I guess its a bit true, I'm different now... I've grown up." Chae replied. "But you know that some things don't change, right? Like what I'm feeling-"
"On your position," Nako rushed to her groupmates from the door. "The board members are coming."
Just as ordered, Minju, Sakura, Nako and Chaeyeon fix themselves and stood up on the left side of the room, facing the door. Just in time, the managers from the different sectors entered. Being the polite rookies they are, the four bowed deeply at the veterans. But the last one to set foot in the room is the person who almost stopped Minju's heart literally.


With her usual black, elegant and opulent attire, the supercilious heiress walked towards her seat without even glaring at the members. She succeeded in reaching the conference chair located right on the edge of the table farthest to the large TV screen. She rested her maroon handbag on the table, sat down, arms crossed.
Nako cleared . She knows she has said that she's not scared but the presence of the Kim Chaewon right in front of her is overwhelming and pressuring... One small mistake, you're out.
The small girl tried to push all her thoughts away and let out a bright, cute smile.
"Good Morning-"
"Cut the greetings, I don't want to waste time." Chaewon monotonously said, looking at her 24k gold watch. She stared at the short figure and narrowed her eyes. "What are you waiting for? Start!"
"Y-Yes, Miss!" Nako stammered.
The presentation opened with a short introduction about their team and the agenda of the meeting. The group wants to use the opportunity to its fullest so they also grabbed the chance to showcase their abilities and achievements in the thing they are hired for: as financial analysts. The other heads are nodding in unison while Chae, who is sitting beside them, can't suppress her proud smile.
While Sakura and Nako are reporting their works for the last months, Minju is just looking at the person who is all ears on the two. Wow, she changed a lot, Minguri thought. It is still crystal clear in her memories how the girl used to wear jumpers or simple shirts when they meet. Both of them doesn't like dresses, especially when they're playing on tag since it makes them uncomfortable. The heiress always uses her 'Dora, the explorer' themed bag to sneak food from their house to their rendezvous.
But now... Just look at her. Branded shoes, new bag, clothes with a blinding price. Everything about Chaewon now screams elite. She's so elegant, so sophisticated... So hard to reach. Oh, heiress, the lady you are today, Minju could only dream of saying those things to her. But she can't because she hasn't found the perfect timing to approach her. But today, the frog promised herself that Chaewon will never forget her no matter what.
"But to tell you the truth, we are not here for all of this, right?" Sakura started. "We are here for the E-Mall Project, or the project being handled none other than the heiress herself, Miss Kim Chaewon. This girl I am going to present is a very skilled illustrator, and also a reliable coworker. She's here to explain the design suggestions and to bring more splendid ideas for the program. Miss Kim?"
"W-What?" Minju was stopped from her daydreaming. Sakura suddenly pulled her to the center and claps we're heard. The frog adjusted her eyes because the light is directly on her. But as soon as she did it, the first thing that she saw is the piercing stare of the girl at the end of the table. Their eyes met and suddenly, everything went black... Oh no. Minju panicked, she has forgotten everything she's going to say.
"H-Hello, T-The, u-umm," Minguri trembled in fear.
She promised herself that Chaewon won't forget her. And it's happening... But not in the way she wants it to be.
***********
"Why are you treating me like a child, Kwangbae?" Yujin said, rolling her eyes. "I'm working here for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter