Chap 03: Wrong Move

Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, you're telling me that all of that is just because of a dress!?" Chae exclaimed.

"That is not the point, Chaeyeon," Minju reasoned out. "She left me, all wet and dirty, without even trying to help. You don't know how embarrassing it is to walk back home in such a condition. Also, I just bought that yesterday and now I don't even know how I'll remove the stain." 

The assistant manager stood up from her seat. "Yes, yes, I understand what you're trying to say, but Ms. Kim that is not enough to cause a ruckus here on your first day!"

Minguri looked down, contemplating all her actions minutes before.

 

"She's what!?"

"Our head of Finance?" Chae asked back in confusion.

"No way..." Minju cussed under her breath. Yujin just smirked. 

"Yes, way,"

"You..." Minju whispered. She dropped her handbag on the floor and is about to run to the manager. "You're the reason why I'm late!! You ruined my dress, you ruined my day!! And then you-"

"Okay, stop right there," Ms. Ahn said, letting out a sarcastic chuckle. "Shouldn't I be the one who should be madder, Ms. Kim!? It's just a piece of clothing, and this is just your orientation! But for me? I missed an urgent meeting because you stopped me. I also need to sign important papers but because of you talking nonsense I wasted so much time!"

Yujin tried catching her breath after her long rant or should I say, rap. She then stepped closer to the girl. "Now, tell me who's more wronged."

Minguri was about to answer but Chaeyeon decided to hold her back.

"Enough, Ms. Kim," Ms. Lee mumbled, but with conviction. "Lunch is over, people will start to go back. We'll talk in my office, now."

The assistant then looked at her manager. 

"The papers you need to sign is on your table, Ms. Ahn. Please, for the sake of peace, just go there."

Yujin nodded. She turned around to face her office.

"Oh, wait, I forgot," The leader faced the frog again, smirking. And slowly, she said, "I'm excited working with you, Ms. Kim. And I hope you don't mind working... For me."

 

"I'm really sorry for what happened, Ms. Lee." Minju apologized. "I don't know if I should say this and sorry for the word but she's just so annoying. I... I really can't stand her, Chae!! What should I do?"

The assistant sat back and swiveled on her chair. 

"Well, I've been friends with Yujin for a long time now. Maybe you just need to spend more time with her. Yes, she seems annoying at first but you'll get used to it and realize that she's not really that bad." Chae advised. 

"But if you think that you can't really stand her, there is only one way... You quit. I'm pretty sure Ms. Ahn won't retire any sooner, so the only way for you not to meet her every day is to resign. Will you quit just for that reason-"     

"No! Please, no... I-I can do this. Maybe you're right, I just need... some time." Minju replied, pleading at her senior. 

Chae smiled. "Okay then, if you say so." 

'You're Kim Minju, you have passed many problems bigger than this. You have worked hard to get this job, you can't just let someone ruin it for you!' Minju thought. 

Besides, it's just Ahn Yujin...

.

.

.

.

.

She can handle this, right?

************

BLAG!

A bunch of folders landed on the table. "I can't do this anymore!!"

"Hey, what's wrong?" Nako asked, moving her chair to Minju's place. 

"That girl..." Minju fumed, "What is wrong with her!?"

"Who??"

"Let me guess," Sakura, who's table is in front of them, said while biting an apple. "Ms. Ahn?"

"We need her signature and approval on these reports we made. I requested her to sign it as early as she can because we still need to fix some things on the paper, but she told me to come again later because she's busy. And guess what?"

She then turned around and simply pointed their boss through its transparent office wall.

"She's just playing on her Xbox! Wait, let me emphasize more. She's playing, on her Xbox, while at the office!!"

"Umm... So?" Nako asked.

"What do you mean so!?" Minju answered in disbelief. "She's supposed to be a good model to us but instead, she's playing and not working. I can accept it if she did it once, but she's doing it every day!"

It's been a week of a roller coaster for Minju. Chaeyeon introduced her to the other financial analysts of the company, Ms. Yabuki, and Ms. Miyawaki. Because of similarities in interests and traits, they got close to each other easily. Actually, she's now close with almost everyone in the department... everyone but Yujin. And that girl is the same person who's stressing her on the very moment.

"Calm down, Ms. Kim," Sakura said, even playing and turning on her chair. "Ms. Ahn is already doing that even before we came here. She probably finishes her workload early that's why she's just chilling. Yes, I know that it's quite wrong but you being workaholic is a bit of problem, too. Why can't you just sit back for a while and enjoy?"

In just a short period, the thing that Sakura and Nako have observed about Minju is that she's a very hardworking person... and with hardworking, they mean overworking.

She's always the last one to go home and the first one to reach office... You know, except that day she met Yujin. Instead of chatting with her friends, she's researching about the dos and don'ts of the company's industry. She also brought home some of the financial reports from the previous team to study about it. 

 "The Kim Empire doesn't pay us to enjoy," Minju answered shortly. The frog then opened one of the folders in front of her. "That is also one of the reasons why I don't like Ms. Ahn. She's the manager and she's supposed to lead us like one! I have met Mrs. Ahn and they're so, so different."

Yes, Minju have already crossed paths with Yujin's mom. It was when she was requested to bring the Finance Department's monthly report to Mr. Kim's office. Mrs. Ahn, being his secretary, received the report for him. Minju was shocked to know that she is the mother of her department head, though the resemblance slightly gave it away. 

"Mrs. Ahn is so soft-spoken and gentle while her daughter... I don't even know anymore," Minju told them, massaging her temples. "Do the two of you know why she became like that?"

"No one knows, rookie," Jung Sooyoung answered. She's one of their accountants, but she's more known as the official gossip girl. "Sorry, I overheard your conversation. As I was saying, they say that only Ms. Lee knows Ms. Ahn here in the office. All the other departments, even their heads, don't interact with Ms. Ahn unless needed. The reason? Rumors said that she's full of herself, prideful, vain-"

"Can you stop adding wood to the fire, Jung!?" Nako asked in an annoyed tone. "And why are we still talking about this? The Kim Empire's ranking is going up and down, there's an increase in the competitors in the market... We should be worrying about our work, and not Ms. Ahn. I only asked Minju because I thought that there is a much deeper problem. Can we now go back to work?"

And just like what their team leader commanded, they went back to their respective places. But Minju is still eyeing the girl in specs.

************

Knock! Knock! Knock!<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter